Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sidon is the best.

Just...the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is the Flameblade destructible?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

Fireproof is sold by the Gorons. You gotta use elixirs to get to them :)

She's sitting just to the right of the stables if you're facing it. Is it night time? maybe wait until day? Or maybe wait until night? Or maybe a different stables... the one just south of the tower that's in death mountain.

Foothill Stable. Not South Akkala Stable, which is also nearby.

loving awesome, thanks.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Holy fuckin' poo poo the lost woods . The trick to that area is amazing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a good place to farm Hightail lizards? I need a bunch to upgrade the climbing gear more.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Rivali's gift is really good

oh wait no its not

Despera fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 5, 2017

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

VanillaGorilla posted:

Holy fuckin' poo poo the lost woods . The trick to that area is amazing.

Best Lost Woods in the series, hands down.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I just found baby rock monsters!

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

Thanks for indulging me and easing my worries. I figured there'd be better weapons eventually but they seem very few and far between right now. And knowing that other stuff makes it even better. Now just to keep plodding on...

The sense of adventure in this game is incredible. :3:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

loving awesome, thanks.

I also just found a traveler lady on death mountain that offers you the fireproof armor for 10 fireproof lizards.

And fireproof lizards, themselves on death mountain, can be made into your own fireproof elixirs. :)

Port Wine Manteau posted:

The sense of adventure in this game is incredible. :3:

It really is. With this game they set out to deliver on this original Zelda art:

And they did it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Holy poo poo does everything get harder the more divine beasts you free.

thesg
Oct 30, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

How are you guys farming rupies? Cause I got nothing so far.

This probably isn't the most efficient way but whenever enemies respawn I go back to the plateau to kill that rock monster people were talking about a page or two back. He's dropped gems worth 400-500 rupees every time and he's really easy once you get some better weapons/upgrades.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Holy poo poo does everything get harder the more divine beasts you free.

......Yes

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I am salty about accidentally throwing way one of my Knight's Broadswords during the fight to get inside the beast at Zora's Domain.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

How do I surf on my shield?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dork457 posted:

How do I surf on my shield?

Pull out shield, press x to jump and a to hop on.

Put this in the OP, OP

Beastie posted:

Is the Flameblade destructible?

Also yes. Every weapon breaks

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

LionArcher posted:

Have one, and it's worked fine. Walmart has em for $25

I called my local Walmart and they didn't have any nor did I see them on their website for that price. I then tried Best Buy but no luck there but then they told me to check out the Toys 'r' Us next door and they had them...for full price. I caved and bought it there because I didn't feel like continuing the scavenger hunt for a cheap WiiU Pro controller nor did I feel like waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday to have it delivered. IMO the controller is worth $50 because the gamepad was becoming uncomfortable for me for longer play sessions.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 5, 2017

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Also yes. Every weapon breaks

Technically untrue. The Master Sword doesn't break, just runs out of energy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Questions:
Early game rupee gathering, how does it happen? I've managed to find like, 30 so far, nobody drops them it seems.
I can fast travel to shrines but not villages, are villages just not fast travel-able?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Questions:
Early game rupee gathering, how does it happen? I've managed to find like, 30 so far, nobody drops them it seems.
I can fast travel to shrines but not villages, are villages just not fast travel-able?

Villages usually have shrines nearby.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm confused...if you get the Master Sword while having 13 actual hearts you're okay but what if you take damage and your health falls below 13 hearts? Do you die right on the spot or does the Sword simply not work after that?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

spasticColon posted:

I'm confused...if you get the Master Sword while having 13 actual hearts you're okay but what if you take damage and your health falls below 13 hearts? Do you die right on the spot or does the Sword simply not work after that?

That was just to get it out. Once you have it it will work like any other weapon with 3 exceptions.

1 It gets powered up when near that black ganon goop or ganon enemies and does more damage

2 instead of breaking it has to recharge if you overuse it.

3 instead of throwing it you can shoot sword beams by using the throw command at max health

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Princeps32 posted:

"A modest test of strength"

oh my god i just barely beat that hahaha whew hell of a fight

hey another shrine right down there

"A major test of strength"

lol I didn't even know there was a modest one. I found the Major one and it was like my 12th found overall or something? anyway I couldn't do poo poo damage to it and one hit killed me.

I'm still early in the game though, only just got the last node on the tablet from the baby genius near that area. Doing the beach mission was harder than I thought at only 4 hearts, those spear moblins were rough.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Slew a black lizalfos and he dropped an Eightfold Longblade. Thats right mofuckers i have a pow 33 hanzo steel

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Kirios posted:

Sidon is the best.

Just...the best.

:madmax:

Best npc since Groose.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What's the highest damage weapon floating around? I have 60 on an Ancient Axe++ and haven't seen anything to beat that yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I feel like Nintendo's persistent inability to understand how modern games "work" played to their advantage this time around.

Like, open-world games aren't supposed to be like this. Most of them boil down to ten thousand collectible icons on a map and a lot of empty space because developers are worried that players will get aggravated if they feel like there's too much content they're missing, so everything is signposted and labeled and collated for our convenience and it feels like running down a checklist after the first couple of hours or so.

Nintendo meanwhile created this gigantic map with a huge variety of biomes, puzzles, and activities with only the bare minimum of tutorializing and then just kind of shrugged and walked away because they never got the memo on the hand-holding part of the design.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kashuno posted:

What's the highest damage weapon floating around? I have 60 on an Ancient Axe++ and haven't seen anything to beat that yet

Royal Guard Claymore is 72 I think

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cojawfee posted:

Literally every person on the road to Kakariko says "You know bombs can blow up these rocks, but don't blow up anything next to me!"

Look at this guy, taking roads. :smug:

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

So I caught a streamer the other day that had his WiiU save erased after updating the Wii. Is this a known thing or was that guy just dumb as hell?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pops Mgee posted:

:madmax:

Best npc since Groose.

have you considered that Sidon is Groose's reincarnation

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Don't step on the flowers.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I have been pronouncing all 'Hy' related names wrong for years :negative:

It's HIGH-lyian, not HILL-yian

:negative:

Link you must save hillrule

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Is Mount Lanaryu worth climbing if the region it's in is only like the second I've been to. I can tell there's some ace treasure up there, but I've heard some wild horror stories about that mountain. Plus I heard the Rito sell a set of cold resistance gear and I get Medium Cold just from standing in the snow field below the dang mountain. That combined with the fact that I still haven't beaten the Lynel out front makes me think that's the more aptly named Death Mountain.

also I just got to Hateno and gently caress me i need that house and all the new armor here

Jimmy Hats posted:

Slew a black lizalfos and he dropped an Eightfold Longblade. Thats right mofuckers i have a pow 33 hanzo steel
i found that same loving Dark Souls rear end 50 Dex weapon behind Impa's house, poo poo is tight

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Where's the nearest stable in the Lanaryu Wetlands region? I found a horse I want to keep but I don't want to have to ride all the way back to Dueling Peaks to do it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How smart did you feel when you figured out the Lost Woods gimmick
And that you can "run away" from the fog and not get thrown out
Holy hell the K Forest is so goddamn cool I just wanna hang out but I'll be damned if it goes over 10 FPS while in there

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Moltrey posted:

Is Mount Lanaryu worth climbing if the region it's in is only like the second I've been to. I can tell there's some ace treasure up there, but I've heard some wild horror stories about that mountain. Plus I heard the Rito sell a set of cold resistance gear and I get Medium Cold just from standing in the snow field below the dang mountain. That combined with the fact that I still haven't beaten the Lynel out front makes me think that's the more aptly named Death Mountain.

also I just got to Hateno and gently caress me i need that house and all the new armor here

i found that same loving Dark Souls rear end 50 Dex weapon behind Impa's house, poo poo is tight

There is some real poo poo up at the top of Lanaryu. If you want to be spoiled, this is the entire encounter: The shrine of wisdom is up there, and it's guarded by the blue dragon spirit, who has been corrupted by Calamity Ganon. You have to fight her in what is basically a boss fight. She has corruption eyes all over her, that you have to shoot with an arrow. She flies above the mountain/snowfield the entire time, though, so it becomes a chase where you have to fly up the mountain, shoot an eye, then glide after her as she sails away until you can get in a slow-mo shot in mid-air 2-3x more. When you beat her, she's cleansed and you get her scale, which allows you to unlock a shrine up on the mountain and claim a frost weapon .

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Hahaha, holy poo poo I just found the best recovered memory in the game. Everyone should check out the one near the Serenne stable in Ridgeland.

It is amazing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

gently caress lynels.

gently caress LYNELS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Guardian weapons look cool as poo poo but I'm surprised they're just as fragile as, like, bokoblin crap. When will I get weapons that last more than two fights?