Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Shageletic posted:

link or didn't happen

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/slavery-trauma-inherited-genetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

tacodaemon posted:

you can contact web@teenvogue.com if you have a news article you think would be a good fit for the daily Teen Vogue Woke List news roundup

recent featured stories have included The Death of a Muslim Teen Found Hanged is Being Reviewed By the FBI and Trump Reportedly Called HBCU Presidents 'You People' More Than Once

$10/year is really a good deal

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
aaaaaaaaaaaand

quote:

Sec. 11. Transparency and Data Collection. (a) To be more transparent with the American people and to implement more effectively policies and practices that serve the national interest, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General, shall, consistent with applicable law and national security, collect and make publicly available the following information:
  (i) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been charged with terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; convicted of terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; or removed from the United States based on terrorism-related activity, affiliation with or provision of material support to a terrorism-related organization, or any other national-security-related reasons;
  (ii) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been radicalized after entry into the United States and who have engaged in terrorism-related acts, or who have provided material support to terrorism-related organizations in countries that pose a threat to the United States;
  (iii) information regarding the number and types of acts of gender-based violence against women, including so-called "honor killings," in the United States by foreign nationals; and
  (iv) any other information relevant to public safety and security as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General, including information on the immigration status of foreign nationals charged with major offenses.
bazinga

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hated Lonesome Road more than any other NV DLC

Yes I would like this fun setting ruined by some lunatic Phil 101 textbook who is convinced that being paid to move things is a metaphor for existence or whatever and who just refuses to stop talking, to the point of hijacking your robot to keep talking to you

The plus side is that I seriously enjoyed killing him in the end. Big MT was the prime DLC

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh by the way he revoked the earlier ban he said he would fight for in court so you know this is a major embarrassment and loss for the wh

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

euphronius posted:

Skimming this it seems to be a total capitulation to the aclus arguments

This order will probably stand for awhile.

yeah the order appears to be so gutted as to not have a significant impact, except on total refugee numbers allowed being cut in half. the 90 day ban on new visas is a bit mystifying since the original justification for 90 days was that they needed time to work out extreme vetting. apparently no one was working on that while the order was in court?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Inadequate Areolas posted:

TRUMP(45): Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

OFF COURSE!

I like this :golfclap:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Oh by the way he revoked the earlier ban he said he would fight for in court so you know this is a major embarrassment and loss for the wh

i lol'd at this part:

quote:

(d) Any individual whose visa was marked revoked or marked canceled as a result of Executive Order 13769 shall be entitled to a travel document confirming that the individual is permitted to travel to the United States and seek entry. Any prior cancellation or revocation of a visa that was solely pursuant to Executive Order 13769 shall not be the basis of inadmissibility for any future determination about entry or admissibility.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah the order appears to be so gutted as to not have a significant impact, except on total refugee numbers allowed being cut in half. the 90 day ban on new visas is a bit mystifying since the original justification for 90 days was that they needed time to work out extreme vetting. apparently no one was working on that before?

They also took out the exceptions for minority religions seemingly

I didn't see it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

no it's not because nothing matters

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaand

bazinga

h*ck ya

gettin some minority report poo poo up in here targeting muslim communities~

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
trump cucked by aclu

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump actually let lawyers do something rather then bannon

This is not a bannon document

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
American Cuck Liberties Union

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Epic High Five posted:

Yes I would like this fun setting ruined by some lunatic Phil 101 textbook who is convinced that being paid to move things is a metaphor for existence or whatever and who just refuses to stop talking, to the point of hijacking your robot to keep talking to you

The plus side is that I seriously enjoyed killing him in the end. Big MT was the prime DLC

Dead Money was the Trumpest dlc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The failing 9th circuit whose opinion I used as legal guidance to craft my new ban please don't enjoin it pls

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Building a hotel and letting people put literal poison in it because they gave you money is as Trump as it gets

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The FFVII English localization is a better speaker than Trump or his proxies.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaand

bazinga

i like that they decided to trot out that ol' right wing chesnut about "honor killings"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah the order appears to be so gutted as to not have a significant impact

oh good, glad this is a complete nothingburger of a

quote:

except on total refugee numbers allowed being cut in half.

...uh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

Sec. 11. Transparency and Data Collection. (a) To be more transparent with the American people and to implement more effectively policies and practices that serve the national interest, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General, shall, consistent with applicable law and national security, collect and make publicly available the following information:
(i) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been charged with terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; convicted of terrorism-related offenses while in the United States; or removed from the United States based on terrorism-related activity, affiliation with or provision of material support to a terrorism-related organization, or any other national-security-related reasons;
(ii) information regarding the number of foreign nationals in the United States who have been radicalized after entry into the United States and who have engaged in terrorism-related acts, or who have provided material support to terrorism-related organizations in countries that pose a threat to the United States;
(iii) information regarding the number and types of acts of gender-based violence against women, including so-called "honor killings," in the United States by foreign nationals; and
(iv) any other information relevant to public safety and security as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General, including information on the immigration status of foreign nationals charged with major offenses.

Bolded the important bits, which unless there are qualifiers elsewhere for what counts as a "major" offense and/or limitations on what may be considered "relevant to public safety," basically gives the SecHS carte blanche to make a list of known Jews and Jewish sympathizers.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

School desegregation in Kentucky survived the KKK. Now a GOP bill threatens to shatter it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

the writing in Old World Blues was good but the enemies all had way too much armor and it was a huge slog

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Did they also go back in time and stop the sitting president from shooting off at his piss filled mouth about how he wants to ban the muslims until he FIGURES OUT WHATS GOING ON

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Trump did it

He finally did something not obviously unlawful

Hooray

nah i think they still have the fundamental issue of giuliani's statement to overcome, "make a muslim ban, but make it legal"

if that's the primary intent, it doesn't really matter how much you try to trim the scope, the intent is hosed and the order's unconstitutional. Lukumi Babalu Aye remains a substantial hurdle

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In which the SecHS is a metaphor for whomever ran the Nazi information infrastructure, and/or the Jews are Muslims - take your pick.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Chaffetz being a ratfaced gently caress again on FOX outnumbered rn

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

Trump actually let lawyers do something rather then bannon

This is not a bannon document

not even stephen miller and his prestigious imaginary law degree from outback steakhouse university

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

i like that they decided to trot out that ol' right wing chesnut about "honor killings"

no one ever talks about the humor killings

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Addamere posted:

the Jews are Muslims

that Trump, always uniting people through his actions :)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

about 35% of right wing blog income is derived from jita duels

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also i feel like Ulysses as a character doesnt make a lot of sense until you find that one audio log of his where he talks about freaking out over the White Legs imitating his dreadlocks to honor him

dude is, uh, pretty crazy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Squizzle posted:

are the forums hidden from anonymous users again?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shageletic posted:

Oh gently caress off.

Cutting the cap of refugees by half is so loving cruel.

lol that is exactly the sort of thing the doj should have to represent to a judge

a judge's entire job is to interpret the law

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Also FFXIV is a fun Barbie dress up simulator that lets you dress catgirl men in tight-fitting outfits.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
from the EO

quote:

(b) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in conjunction with the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Director of National Intelligence, shall submit to the President an initial report on the progress of the program described in subsection (a) of this section within 60 days of the effective date of this order, a second report within 100 days of the effective date of this order, and a third report within 200 days of the effective date of this order.

40 days, then 100 days later where Trump with his gold fish memory is gonna be like "what's this poo poo?" and bins it in the trash instead of the recycle

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

nah i think they still have the fundamental issue of giuliani's statement to overcome, "make a muslim ban, but make it legal"

if that's the primary intent, it doesn't really matter how much you try to trim the scope, the intent is hosed and the order's unconstitutional. Lukumi Babalu Aye remains a substantial hurdle

I didn't say it was lawful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

(delicately steps over police tape) would you say this is more of a plhegmatic murder or do you sense the presence of yellow bile in this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calibanibal posted:

Tyranny and pillars of eternity are excrutiatingly tedious to play sry

i sure love pausing every 2 seconds to set up ability targets and micromanage the garbage pathfinding

If you play on Story mode, or even on Normal or Hard, you don't need to do that - at least in Tyranny. It sounds like your gripe might just be the real-time-with-pause approach to turning a pen-and-paper RPG into a computer game, which is a fair complaint but it's no more a problem here than it is in classics such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, and I'm sure there's a super influenntial non-D&D classic title to demonstrate the point but I can't think of one right now. Mea culpa.

• Locked thread