Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

see that's bannon, trump is pinky

always thwarted by ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so basicaly, the only reason this will probaly die, is because it doesnt gently caress over enough people. i hate the GOP.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/VonRosceau/status/839140058053627904

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Business Gorillas posted:

Good. Capitalize on the anger about Trump now and keep people motivated as oppose to allowing people get normalized to this poo poo and check out

Like that isn't already happening. Town halls are being cancelled, protests aren't happening in nearly the same size anymore, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the reaction to the new ban EO. They were angry about trump so long as it was selfie-worthy and a moment to share. Now? "Ehh politics" seems to be the answer. The fire's gone because the results are still 20 months of work away.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Schnorkles posted:

winning elections these days is more about activating partisans than convincing the other side that you're right. the question isn't if they get kicked in the balls and then decide to pull the lever for democrats, its do they actually go vote or just get disheartened.

point being is that regardless of what their party does to them, Republicans continue to pull the GOP lever, especially at the state/local level. The GOP could gently caress them 10 times over and they'd still pull the lever.

You're right that elections now are more or less about energizing the base to go out and vote but having the GOP in power of everything and loving it all up won't flip any GOP voters to the D side.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

loquacius posted:

Question, is this lady Actually Good or is she just Better Than Chaffetz? That link is 100% boilerplate

Either way this is good ofc I just wanna know how good

She posted an explanation for why she's running against Chaffetz on DailyKos of all places, so I think she's pretty lefterino:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/3/2/1639685/-Why-I-am-running-against-Chaffetz-for-Utah-s-3rd-CD

Her big thing seems to be she wants to help put an end to gerrymandering.

I would love a constitutional amendment that deals with statehood, what it means, and how districts must be apportioned. I mean, I would have loved it back in 1795 when it was necessary, but I'll take a simple federal law mandating independent commissions for redistricting.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

no i wanted the cspam verseion

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

octobernight posted:

The HUD is getting their budget cut by a lot, so as a result one of the largest areas in NYC (serves 400K people) does not know how it will house their poor folks. GOP plan working as intended. Also, Red states that rejected the expansion of Medicare funds will probably get that money back, as they are working on allowing them to take any rejected money now that the President is not a black man.

thats not a real budget. ignore everything that comes from trumps budget its going nowhere

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Christ what a loving mess.

It doesn't help that the media is basically double dog daring them to remove the previous existing conditions otherwise it's just "Obamacare Lite".

Get hosed. Everyone.

The entire world, go gently caress youself!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Lastgirl posted:

Heard joke once: Conservative goes to twitter.

Says he can't find a positive analysis of Trumpcare. Says AHCA seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

Conservative twitter says, "Try going to a conservative source?"

Man bursts into tears. Says, "But I am the editor of the National Review.”

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Louisgod posted:

point being is that regardless of what their party does to them, Republicans continue to pull the GOP lever, especially at the state/local level. The GOP could gently caress them 10 times over and they'd still pull the lever.

You're right that elections now are more or less about energizing the base to go out and vote but having the GOP in power of everything and loving it all up won't flip any GOP voters to the D side.

no, but it often depresses turnout and partisans when things don't go well.

there are legit swing voters, but they're rare. They are in fairly important places though.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

step aside stephen miller, yew got a new challenger

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Literally all it took for white america to throw itself into a Russia-esque spiral of drug abuse, risk-seeking behavior, and suicide was a black president. Whodathunk

it owns. this also makes me think of this article. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/us/heroin-war-on-drugs-parents.html?_r=0

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbh if I was a redhat id be fuckin desperate for a win right now too

it's getting more insane. theyre spamming imgur links to pictures of documents and it's all hyperbolic garbage.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly, the only reason this will probaly die, is because it doesnt gently caress over enough people. i hate the GOP.

as i mentioned earlier, there are 4-6 GOP votes in the senate who are opposed to a reduction of medicaid and at least 2 who oppose touching PP.

house is a bunch of braying lunatics though.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

FAUXTON posted:

Like that isn't already happening. Town halls are being cancelled, protests aren't happening in nearly the same size anymore, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the reaction to the new ban EO. They were angry about trump so long as it was selfie-worthy and a moment to share. Now? "Ehh politics" seems to be the answer. The fire's gone because the results are still 20 months of work away.

its because most liberals truly believe in the pendulum of justice's inevitable swing towards law

the first muslin ban was struck down and this second one is likely to be struck down for the same reason, so why bother? etc, etc

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The GOP should prob be like three parties

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lastgirl posted:

Says he can't find a positive analysis of Trumpcare. Says AHCA seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

This is great

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

its March you idiot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The thing about Brianna Wu is that she is fairly plainly bad for many reasons but so is the guy she's primarying

like if she were running against Capuano or Kennedy I'd roll my eyes and move on but Lynch actually does kinda suck

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like the largest protest in american history was less than two months ago and youre already declaring all opposition dead. fuckin take a xanax

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk01eeKMD_I

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

:holymoley:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

FAUXTON posted:

Parts of the American intelligence community are going to try an "American Spring" which will most likely kick off in May/June.

This summer is going to be bonkers.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Der Meister posted:

The GOP should prob be like three parties

Who leads white Christian isis

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/nickcapozzoli/status/838954600929591296

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
You know I'd like to believe that all this bickering over healthcare will eventually lead to a single payer system because most of America will eventually realize that making a profit off of healthcare is dumb but I fully expect that congress will be debating the 20th iteration of repeal and replace Obamacare 20 years from now.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

I mean, every red state is a literal welfare queen except Texas.

gently caress em

p sure even texas is just over the line of breaking even into red welfare territory

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

i wouldn't make too much fun of Kevin Cirilli

he'll probably will you out of existence with such an enlarged frontal cortex

That's impossible. The tumor growing on what used to be a human brain just allows him to see into the future. And all he sees is some guy in a lovely toupee holding up a baby to prevent getting shot at.

I eagerly await Trump saying the word salad equivalent of 'UH UH!!!'

Paul Ryan's smug rear end is getting primaried in 2018.

triple sulk posted:

this is the best timeline. the gop had to come into power to fully implode and now everyone is realizing how poo poo they are. hillary gave us the greatest gift of all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll wait until a supermajority and a good Democratic candidate in 2020, to be quite honest. After all, this could be Trump's sole accomplishment: being so piss-awful that he destroys everything he comes near.

If God was a MAD magazine cartoonist.

Jesus Christ, it's like a burn victim stole a mask from a Primus video and dulled it down so it could almost pass for real.

This is more realistic than Primus Madface up there. That said, it's like the Leader from the Hulk comics went to Business School.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

primary all republicans even the "ok" ones, make them all fight for their political lives, chaos reigns, thunderdome

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone asked Paul Ryan why this replacement is such a piece of poo poo after 8 years of working on it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Parts of the American intelligence community are going to try an "American Spring" which will most likely kick off in May/June.

yeh thats what its leading to, CIA lead amerimaidan

im gonna need moar popcorn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

thats not a real budget. ignore everything that comes from trumps budget its going nowhere

No way. "Trumps budget guts the department that houses the most formerly homeless veterans of any entity in the country. He's kicking are troops out so that he can use the space to rent out to Chinese millionaires wanting to stash cash" is way too good a line

Headlines are all that matters

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Montasque posted:

should I empty out my 401k y/n

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

paranoid randroid posted:

like the largest protest in american history was less than two months ago and youre already declaring all opposition dead. fuckin take a xanax

Some people just want to whine and sap all hope and energy from the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

legitimate lol at this

• Locked thread