Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839172522948050945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
For the right price I'd love to see if Mike Tice can work with Fluker. The Raiders Oline is a bunch of monsters so he'd fit right in

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So since the locals seem to think Tyrod is terrible, I just realized that I would love to see Tyrod Taylor and Alshon Jeffery united in Cleveland with Isaiah Crowell in the backfield and a special guest appearance of Torrey Smith and the ghost of Josh Gordon.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm going to SAS flowchart so loving hard when Alshon inevitably signs somewhere else.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have identified the missing piece in the Chiefs defense........his last name rhymes with "despite our"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I read it backwards that tendering him at all was dumb :downs:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the Panthers gave colin jones a two year deal.

maybe he's got a good weed man i dunno

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots not expecting to re-sign Blount, so have fun with him.... Packers?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kalli posted:

Patriots not expecting to re-sign Blount, so have fun with him.... Packers?

....how fat is he?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

....how fat is he?

He's listed at 250 and I'd believe larger, so yeah, he's a pretty big boy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kalli posted:

He's listed at 250 and I'd believe larger, so yeah, he's a pretty big boy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Michael Corleone posted:

No hot tweets, but here are his 'rumors':

http://ibnsportswrap.com/nflRumors.php

Draft Outlook: Looks like Tampa Bay is all over (RB) Christian McCaffrey at #19 overall, outside chance (RB) Dalvin Cook slips and Bucs would have choice between the two.. Reuniting Cook & Winston seems interesting to say the least. Wild Card Selection : (WR) John Ross has Bucs scouts very interested.. imagine DJax with Ross & Evans

FA Focus: DeSean Jackson to Buccaneers (WR) could be wrapped up pretty fast once FA starts, both parties like the idea of teaming up, now just need to agree on term and $$$ :: Some interest in Adrian Peterson (RB) still no word on how serious TB will get with AP's camp. Another need is (DL) Calais Campbell is one target ' Chris Baker will also get look

gently caress that to like...all of it except Campbell and DeSean.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I have identified the missing piece in the Chiefs defense........his last name rhymes with "despite our"

I don't get it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Draft Outlook: Looks like Tampa Bay is all over (RB) Christian McCaffrey at #19 overall, outside chance (RB) Dalvin Cook slips and Bucs would have choice between the two.. Reuniting Cook & Winston seems interesting to say the least. Wild Card Selection : (WR) John Ross has Bucs scouts very interested.. imagine DJax with Ross & Evans

FA Focus: DeSean Jackson to Buccaneers (WR) could be wrapped up pretty fast once FA starts, both parties like the idea of teaming up, now just need to agree on term and $$$ :: Some interest in Adrian Peterson (RB) still no word on how serious TB will get with AP's camp. Another need is (DL) Calais Campbell is one target ' Chris Baker will also get look

gently caress that to like...all of it except Campbell and DeSean.

First I've heard of us linked to McCaffrey. I'd be down with Cook but I'm a homer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't get it.

It's a very bad rhyme with noted MLB prospect Deshone Kizer is all I can come up with.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

It's a very bad rhyme with noted MLB prospect Deshone Kizer is all I can come up with.

hm

https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/839187123169210368

uhhhhh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Denver expressing interest in Danny Woodhead.

Noooooo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
49ers better be bringing in some other big signings, cause Cousins on that roster is still like a 3-4 win team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Washington football franchise are a bunch of morons.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

No Butt Stuff posted:

I don't get it.

Grittybeard posted:

Dont'a Hightower would be a great fit in KC. Having a ILB that can blitz effectively will give Sutton another tool to work with

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Are the Niners somehow lucking into a decent offseason?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Dont'a Hightower would be a great fit in KC. Having a ILB that can blitz effectively will give Sutton another tool to work with

man how do you pronounce hour

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

49ers better be bringing in some other big signings, cause Cousins on that roster is still like a 3-4 win team.

The niners aren't trying to have a winning season this year. At least, that's not the top priority. They should be hiring a veteran game-manager on a short term contract to help lead and train rookies as a new coaching staff implements a new offense on a rebuilding team with an eye to being competetive in their division in a couple of years.

Dunno what they're actually doing, of course, but I think Cousins is a fine choice for now. Who else could they hope to start in September?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

do you know how rhymes formed

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shangri-Law School posted:

Are the Niners somehow lucking into a decent offseason?

No, because this was all part of Jed's elaborate three-year plan.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Hightower rhymes perfectly with despite our

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

The niners aren't trying to have a winning season this year. At least, that's not the top priority. They should be hiring a veteran game-manager on a short term contract to help lead and train rookies as a new coaching staff implements a new offense on a rebuilding team with an eye to being competetive in their division in a couple of years.

Dunno what they're actually doing, of course, but I think Cousins is a fine choice for now. Who else could they hope to start in September?

I think Cousins has had a poisoned enough experience in washington and also trashed his trade value by saying he'd only go to the 49ers, that he might get traded on the cheap which would be worth it for the 49ers.

With Shanahan, and that much cap space you have to think he can also sign maybe Pierre Garcon and some other weapons, fix the offensive line and at least have a competent offense immediately even if the defense is a trash fire.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I believe this depends greatly on your accent.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

Denver expressing interest in Danny Woodhead.

Noooooo
Does he have anything left in the tank?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Given the chiefs insistence on disparaging the native American heritage by using them as loving sports mascots, white power is probably more fitting.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

i was thinking corey lemonier

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Which native americans do the chiefs use as mascots again?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Terrel Pryor would be a great pick up but it's hard to imagine why Baltimore would take a chance on him after one year's production instead of resigning your RT and nose tackle who are both top 5 at the position. Assuming Pryor is going to get stupid paid that money could do more good elsewhere. Still, it's better than going through the draft for WR and ruining another young man's career.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

I think Cousins has had a poisoned enough experience in washington and also trashed his trade value by saying he'd only go to the 49ers, that he might get traded on the cheap which would be worth it for the 49ers.

With Shanahan, and that much cap space you have to think he can also sign maybe Pierre Garcon and some other weapons, fix the offensive line and at least have a competent offense immediately even if the defense is a trash fire.

As I see it, when you're in Shanahan's position you have a couple of options:
1) grab as many good players in free agency as you can, assembling the best win-now team you can put together, and then try to tailor an offense that those specific players can win with.
2) Grab a few veteran players in free agency, focusing on leadership qualities and experience more than playmaking ability; focus on the draft, bringing in promising prospects; implement the offense that you want the whole team to learn, and spend a year teaching that offense, training everyone on it, and not really expecting to win games while doing so.

The team has holes at nearly every position (if Hyde is healthy I guess it's OK at RB, and they're fine at the kicker position, and... that's about it) and you can't fix all those holes in free agency. Your drafted rookies and UDFAs and random dudes still on the team from previous years all need a lot of work before they're gelled into a coherent, functioning team that can beat the variety of opponents you'll face in a full season of games. Trying to make a can-win-now team by "winning" free-agency just doesn't strike me as likely to work, and in the long-run, only sabotages what your real goal should be, which is to make a Shanahan Offense that has capabilities of the Falcons (while hopefully having a better defense than the Falcons) and make a run at the superbowl in 3-6 years.

I'd greatly prefer the second approach, and I think Cousins would fit nicely into it. The team obviously needs a quarterback for the long haul... if they can draft a couple of development rookie QBs for Cousins to mentor, and in the meantime have competence and experience at the helm sufficient to focus on the rest of the offense's problems, that'd be ideal. Shanahan and the new GM being on six-year contracts suggests to me that the longer-term plan is a distinct possibility.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

All of them.

They think all native Americans are the same.

Sad!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Even if it's officially (half) whitewashed the fans take up the slack.

On the other hand do you really want some mayor from the 50s to be the mascot? I think maybe I'd rather be thought of as racist instead of having some H Roe Bartle mascot.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's been two and a half hours, where is my legal tampering?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Change the tomahawk chop to the mayor gavel stomp

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Even if it's officially (half) whitewashed the fans take up the slack.

On the other hand do you really want some mayor from the 50s to be the mascot? I think maybe I'd rather be thought of as racist instead of having some H Roe Bartle mascot.

Yeah but OK, so Mayor H. Roe "Chief" Bartle, who was instrumental in moving the Dallas Texans to KC (in 1963, not the 50s), was part of why they named the team the "Chiefs," but yeah I mean they still dressed up the team with native american imagery, and they still do the loving tomahawk thing in the stands at every home game, etc. etc. I expect hardly anyone looking at them today knows about "Chief" Bartle. It's just "the tone-deaf native american culture-appropriating team that is less racist than the Redskins so we give them a pass, because come on, the Redskins are you loving kidding me?"

They shoulda named the team the Bartles.
And then drafted Blake Bortles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

a neat cape posted:

All of them.

They think all native Americans are the same.

Sad!

If you get one of those $100 dna test kits that outline your anscetry they lump all of the native americans in one basket. They break down europe, asia, and africa by country, but the entirety of the Americas regarding natives is just a big circle.

My friend is columbian and i've taken to calling her an eskimo because the way the map painted her genetic lineage.

• Locked thread