Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Does everyone still hate Max Verstappen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How can you hate Max? Like seriously. Is it just 'they're 18 and driving in F1 and already have a far better life than I ever will' stuff?

Can you ever forget when he was asked 'oh Seb thinks your weaving poo poo is dangerous and you shouldn't do it' he didn't miss a beat and said about the 4 times WDC 'Seb doesn't know how to do it. He can't do it. If he could do it then he might have something to contribute' or something like that.

Max is the very manifestation of 'the best drivers in the world', fresh from karting and with the taste of blood in their mouths. Surely, Worst Thread.. tell ole Tony why he's trippin

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Alternatively no. He's a horrible little frog mouthed twerp who'll probably get a better, more likable driver killed.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's not his fault he has the mouth of a frog :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Yeah

Tony Montana posted:

How can you hate Max?
He's ugly

Alonso is the only one who deserves to win because he's the most beautiful

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Yeah

He's ugly

Alonso is the only one who deserves to win because he's the most beautiful

He cut the hair.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Cool story, bro, but that's not how it works.

The book sucks huge balls (not the good kind either) so who cares.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

How can you hate Max? Like seriously. Is it just 'they're 18 and driving in F1 and already have a far better life than I ever will' stuff?

Can you ever forget when he was asked 'oh Seb thinks your weaving poo poo is dangerous and you shouldn't do it' he didn't miss a beat and said about the 4 times WDC 'Seb doesn't know how to do it. He can't do it. If he could do it then he might have something to contribute' or something like that.

Max is the very manifestation of 'the best drivers in the world', fresh from karting and with the taste of blood in their mouths. Surely, Worst Thread.. tell ole Tony why he's trippin

He's bad and his dad is stupid. Also everybody was blown away when he passed a bunch of really slow cars on fresher tires.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah there was also a time where he overtook Nico in the rain and actually was slicing through that field like it was GP2. When he joined RBR he won his first race for the team.

Comon, this is a bad driver?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah there was also a time where he overtook Nico in the rain and actually was slicing through that field like it was GP2.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Also everybody was blown away when he passed a bunch of really slow cars on fresher tires.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nico is terrible in the rain (and in general) and Max was driving the second best car in the grid. Not a huge task.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You motherfuckers probably would have hated Senna while he was racing.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Senna was a fraud.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll be damned if I am just going to sit here and let you morons badmouth Bruno like this

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Senna was a fraud.
A dangerous fraud, just like Their Max, making erratic borderline-illegal moves all the time. But at least he wasn't ugly.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'll be damned if I am just going to sit here and let you morons badmouth Bruno like this

If Ayrton was alive, he would have disintegrated Bruno and declared Our Lewis the true heir to the Senna legacy and the eternal moral Formula One champion.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

Comon, this is a bad driver?

So could Ricciardo but for the coin toss on strategy decision.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mod please come back, you missed some bad dudes.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Send this thread to die on D&D.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Senna was Maldonado with a slightly better car.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Send this thread to die on D&D.

At least D&D wouldn't have an issue with Our Lewis making F1 #blessed

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

I'm indifferent to Max.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don't hate Max, but my heart will always belong to Dan.

Khablam posted:

RIP Matt at last.

Also:

This is kinda sexy in the right conditions.

When it's sitting still I just imagine that nose making little sniffing noises like an animal.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The one day I walk into the thread, and everyone else is probated. Feels good.

Holy poo poo Mat ate a 100,000 hour probation. What the gently caress is going on in this thread?

The most ignored list in posting gloryhole surprised me (92).

I unironically like red bull's drivers but can't stand Horner or Marco. Lewis is a brilliant driver but an unlikable cock. Arrivabene is awesome, happy seb is awesome, and I want them to stick it to that detestable fiat Bond villain by winning.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Pirate Radar posted:

When it's sitting still I just imagine that nose making little sniffing noises like an animal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VvRWTD3Ok

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Norns posted:

Only idiots. He's the new Lewis Hamilton

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

brb crying

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
707 new posts since I last logged in. Did anything happen?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

This is objectively a bad thing. American engineers and drivers sure but American fans are the death knell of any sport in the world.

I can't wait to see how Fox makes F1 easier for US fans to follow.
FoxTrax Cars are gonna be amazing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Brainwrong posted:

Was Ross Brawn in charge instead of Bernie when you last logged in?

Mercades look ominous, Ferrari look better, MCLRN look better than last year, Renault engines keep making GBS threads the the bed and Stroll got in the car twice, crashed three times and binned it so bad the last time Williams missed a day of testing. https://hasstrollcrashedyet.com

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Link for the lazy

http://www.autosport.com/live/commentary/id/2516687/formula-1-testing-2017-barcelona-second-f1-test-day-two

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Brainwrong posted:

Nothing at all. not a single god drat thing.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Oh good, Stroll is back in action today. That's another Williams chassis getting bent

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brainwrong posted:

Oh good, Stroll is back in action today. That's another Williams chassis getting bent

Everything about Lance Stroll sucks

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Norns posted:

Everything about Lance Stroll sucks

Including his mum? :boom:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

Why a chilli next to "Carlo55ainz"? Well, that's Sainz's nickname.

As he explained to F1Racing last year:

"So I was out with my friends and they maybe had a couple of drinks more than they should have. They call me Charlie sometimes and then it went from Charlie to Charlies and it ended up with Chilli, and since then everyone has called me Chilli in my circle of friends."

It's great banter.

Is "Chilli 5ainz" going to be probatable?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
"They call me Charlie sometimes and then it went from Charlie to Charlies and it ended up with Chilli, and since then everyone has called me Chilli in my circle of friends."

This is the worst story ever.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

If Williams had any sense, they'd send Massa out for day 1 & 2 - let Stroll's inevitable destruction of the car not have an impact on MWDC 2017 Massa's testing time.

Tsaedje posted:

This thread is about the least Brit dominated F1 discussion on the internet, there's like 3 of us. It's also just about Lewis fan free . I'm sorry your girlfriend is too good for you, and I hope your fatal Ferraritis doesn't cause you too much distress.

It's definitely the least Brit dominated, you can tell because every now and again you lot start jabbering on about some Bob Varsha or Hobbs or something and I don't even know what the hell you're all going on about.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Why are these news outlets bothering reporting these lap times it's the least interesting thing about preseason practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

VelociBacon posted:

Why are these news outlets bothering reporting these lap times it's the least interesting thing about preseason practice.

It's Bacon Season.

Good username/post combi btw.

• Locked thread