Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

s.i.r.e. posted:

So I just noticed that your completion percentage is in the lower left on the map screen, I can't believe I didn't notice this before and after all of my time playing I have... 23.90% done... This game is so god drat big.

Also, I really like going around taking photos of things but did we really have to photograph all of the weapons, bows and armor? That poo poo sucks rear end.

my map screen doesnt have the percentage wtf

also using selfie mode you can take a picture of any sword / shield / bow by pointing it at link's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

What she didn't anticipate, is the constant in all timelines is Link Is A Fish Fucker
Shameless repost

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I use the camera to take selfies with like Paya or any cool Gerudos i meet

barely do I remember to use for stuff i wanna find later

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Dorephan isn't fat, he's muscular. Check out those pectorals.

And there's the monument about how he threw a guardian off a cliff.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like

While Ganon doesn't get a lot of overt characterization here, does anyone find what he's basically (d?)evolved into kind of tragic. He's not the powerful or charismatic figure that he was in Twilight or Ocarina, and we know from Wind Waker at one point he just wanted a better life. Even the pig!Ganons were at least capable of some kind of rational thought and ambition, but here he's just become a powerful Almighty Idiot. More dangerous and destructive, sure, but... he doesn't seem to have any sense of self anymore.

I dunno. Lol story and Nintendo games but in a wider sense for the Zelda canon it feels kind of tragic. Across several timelines and multiple resurrections he barely resembles Ganondorf anymore. And because of Skyward Sword we know he never even had the chance to be anything other than this.

EDIT - Basically Ganon has become Gigyas at this point.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 9, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bruceski posted:

And there's the monument about how he threw a guardian off a cliff.

oh my god where do you find that

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Anidav posted:

Im sure the tower is doable but it's probably the hardest one ive run into thus far.

Jeez, I must have found a good angle on it. Only encountered one lizalfos and just raced up the tower. Did you know Wizzrobes can teleport vertically? I found that out the hard way, but I beat them to the top!

Also, the ancients are real smartasses. They knew I'd flip their labyrinth puzzle over in a shrine, so what do they do when I go to a labyrinth island? Put a ceiling over the drat shrine. You jerks!!!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
do any npc's tell me how to upgrade my clothes to level 2 because i don't think i found that yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Suspicious Dish posted:

do any npc's tell me how to upgrade my clothes to level 2 because i don't think i found that yet

Look around the woods near the shrine above Kakariko.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
oh i found that i just meant the next step up

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

find more great fairies, I'd assume.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gotta find another one of those places

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Dish posted:

oh i found that i just meant the next step up

There are more fairies, including two seeds that are visible from towers!

get exploring

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

movement to call Sidon fans "McClures" starts here

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TFRazorsaw posted:

oh my god where do you find that

It's one of the tablets the zora historian wants you to track down. I can't recall where that one is. It's not a statue or anything (though that would be awesome).

E: another monument is about how when Sidon was a kid an octorok ate him. He cut his way out from the inside. Yeah, zora are hardcore, and the only reason they need your help is the whole "can't touch shock arrows" thing..

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 9, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

well why not posted:

movement to call Sidon fans "McClures" starts here

How about Kanyes, because we're gay for fish dicks

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah if it wasn't for the arrows they would've handled the issue themselves way before Link showed up.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like how the longest conversation you have with an NPC in the ENTIRE GAME is some random construction worker you've talked to for like 3 seconds up to that point and it's actually a really touching scene with way more link dialogue than makes any sort of sense.

This game is great.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bruceski posted:

It's one of the tablets the zora historian wants you to track down. I can't recall where that one is. It's not a statue or anything (though that would be awesome).

E: another monument is about how when Sidon was a kid an octorok ate him. He cut his way out from the inside. Yeah, zora are hardcore, and the only reason they need your help is the whole "can't touch shock arrows" thing..

There's a small detail about that whole quest I really enjoyed after it was all over :haw:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

where do you get that sidequest? I haven't found it yet.

Also, doesn't Dorephan have a diary you can read? I haven't been able to locate it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Zora princesses have a bad habit of giving priceless artifacts to men they hardly know.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Zora love letter quest is absolutely not worth the effort but I don't regret doing it because it was cute.

The kid Zora in this game are adorable. I love all the Zora designs in general. Shame Mipha is absolutely terrible but I guess Sidon inherited all the good qualities in that family.

EDIT: Wow I just saw a guy intentionally murder his horse. I didn't think the game would even let you pull that off.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 9, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
All the kids in BotW are adorable. They're like tiny wobbly potato people :3:

I also love the Zora design in this game, I honestly wasn't sold on the art style (looked like it was kinda.. Bland? In the pre-release footage) until I saw Mipha in the Switch presentation trailer. Her design looked super awesome and I loved how colorful and cel shaded it was (like Wind Waker!) Shame about the actual character, but I can't be mad because we got Sidon :kimchi:

I really think the character designs in general are amazing in BotW. Even random npcs are super charming, and all the important characters like Impa, Zelda, Link, Sidon and Paya (she's important to me) are adorable.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I killed my bad horse that had the same stats as another horse but lesser coat do I could stable the giant horse and complete my trihorse of Zelda, Link, and Ganondorfs horses.

I got the last two divine beasts unlocked for teleporting but am just saving them for later and going shrine hunting instead. Sometimes if you get caught up in the story progression you lose sight of what matters, doing pointless side poo poo and exploration!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This game's actually funny, which is super rare. Even rarer is that it doesn't even feel particularly forced, unlike most games that try to include comedy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just beat the game. Pretty sure I could put another 20-30 hours in tracking down shrines and poo poo but I'm not sure I have the energy to do that

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Oh god, that's a long way to carry blue fire :magical:

E: loving DAMNIT RAIN STARTED AS SOON AS I GOT TO KAKARIKO

e2: Feed your horse endura carrots

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 9, 2017

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Suspicious Dish posted:

You don't need an NPC man, here's how you do it on the cheap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what am I supposed to do in the Zora waterfall quest? I got the trident but have no clue what to do at the falls. Tried everything that seemed obvious and nothing worked.

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Anidav posted:

Im sure the tower is doable but it's probably the hardest one ive run into thus far.

Arrows, always arrows. Wizzrobes seriously die to a sneeze, if you can hit them

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh my god, I just found the Horse Fairy.

:stare:

...I kinda wanna find out what it does if you intentionally kill your horse...

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Does lighting all the lanterns with blue fire in Hateno do anything?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Decided to finally go and have my first actual Guardian fight. Decided I'd start off by hitting it in the eye with an Ancient Arrow and go from there.

:stare:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I had a lot of rain interruptions during the first blue flame quest but the more I've played the less I've had problems with weather.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I just played for 8 straight hours without even realizing it until I turned the game off and looked at a clock.

I haven't done that with a game in years. (at least not accidentally like this)

I'm also constantly getting distracted from the main quest to the point that I'm not even in any mapped areas right now.

This game is amazing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Looking back after beating the game, I think it could be improved by removing the gorons and replacing them with more zoras

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

You know that big lightening dragon? I took a shot at it earlier in midair but i got too close to his head and me zapped me. I then proceeded to tumble down and along his back, bouncing about 8 or 9 times before finally plopping into the water below. When I reappeared on dry land the scale i knocked off was nearby.

I really wish i could have kept a recording of that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have to admit, I was really disappointed when I found that thing wasn't a boss. Saw it at the start of the game and freaked out. Later I came back for my big epic fight and..oh okay I guess you'll just leave. :geno:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally got to Gordon City and between here and the Hinox fights the use of horns in this game's soundtrack is just incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hello, hi.

So im thinking of getting this to my Wii-U because i wont get a switch for just one game.

Disc Copies of the game are extremely sparse at the moment where i am (Sweden) due to demand, is the Digital version still alright or is it a bad choice for whatever reason?

And yes i am a bit bummed out at not getting the actual box but i can live with that.