Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spergatory posted:

You know what one of my favorite little things about this game is?

Bottles.

You all remember bottles, right? Remember when we used to move heaven and earth and strike down godbeasts at risk of life and limb and our reward was a simple loving glass bottle that someone had lying around? Remember that poo poo?

No more. Bottles are everywhere and infinite. We generate bottles from thin air whenever we make an elixir. When we consume said elixir, the bottle returns to the aether whence it came, forgotten.

We used to break our backs for bottles. Now, the bottles work for us.

:yeah:
and the Fairies hang out in our rucksack like bros instead of needing to be imprisoned in an airtight glass coffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Darko posted:

I can't find that guy that unlocks more slots for your weapons and stuff. I somehow missed or avoided him the first time through, did a bunch of random questing and stuff and am desperately needing more slots. I heard he was near the stables on the way to Kakariko, but I can't find the guy at all.

Take the main road from the Duelling Peaks stables to Kakariko and he's on the right going up a hill

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

man nurse posted:

For the boss of the fire dungeon, what do I do when it gets to half health and puts a barrier up?

Totally and 100% unrelated, can anybody help me out with these rock octoroks?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Does anyone know where to find the fragmented monument pieces at Palmorae Ruins? Been looking everywhere and only found two.

Gonna repost this now that it's been a few days, those stupid chunks of rock are a pain in my rear end.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lemming posted:

Totally and 100% unrelated, can anybody help me out with these rock octoroks?

drop a bomb next to them, then run away, wait till they pop out, boom

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oxxidation posted:

Does anyone know where to find the fragmented monument pieces at Palmorae Ruins? Been looking everywhere and only found two.

Theres one to the south on the tip of the Cape

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

:yeah:
and the Fairies hang out in our rucksack like bros instead of needing to be imprisoned in an airtight glass coffin.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ymgve posted:

drop a bomb next to them, then run away, wait till they pop out, boom

I was trying to give them a hint :sweatdrop:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

man nurse posted:

For the boss of the fire dungeon, what do I do when it gets to half health and puts a barrier up?

Bombs.

All the dungeon bosses have a bit that needs one of your 4 technomagic powers.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

He can suck up other things you can throw :)

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Zore posted:

Bombs.

Speaking of bosses, is there a proper way to deal with camel boss when he electrifies? My strategy for his last quarter of health bar was to just run away from his attacks until he ran out of juice, which seemed like the wrong way to do things.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ymgve posted:

Speaking of bosses, is there a proper way to deal with camel boss when he electrifies? My strategy for his last quarter of health bar was to just run away from his attacks until he ran out of juice, which seemed like the wrong way to do things.

Magnet his spikes over to him when he throws them out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Theres one to the south on the tip of the Cape

I got that one and the one on the shore directly west of the ruins. There's another that I can't find.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Pollyanna posted:

Magnet his spikes over to him when he throws them out.

This is the phase after his spikes - he only does two attacks - throws lightning balls, and teleports up in my face, often with electrified shield and sword so I get shocked if I block/attack him.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Oxxidation posted:

I got that one and the one on the shore directly west of the ruins. There's another that I can't find.

There is one to the east of the ruins, just follow the shoreline, it's among some rocks iirc

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aquasnake posted:

Bringing this from way back pages ago.

My first horse was a gentle spotted brown horse with relatively high strength that I named Jonathan.
Shortly after that I found a pure brown horse with 1 strenth but good speed and spurs I named Joseph.
After that I found a bucking bronco of a wild pure blue horse with the same stats that I named Abbacchio.
And then I just stumble upon a pure white wild horse with great stats all around, so of course I named him Jotaro.

This has been my Jojo horse crossover nerd story in Legend of Zelda, thank you.
I also named my horses JoJo references but I planned do it after the names of the Part 7 characters' horses. I've only bothered to catch one horse tho so all I've got is Johnny's Slow Dancer

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ymgve posted:

There is one to the east of the ruins, just follow the shoreline, it's among some rocks iirc

drat it, I must have checked that spot a dozen times. I'll give it another pass.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
only have 1 question: why is it always loving raining in this amazing game

but more precisely, why does it always start raining when I'm on a goddamn huge mountain wall

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Found out the dude at Duelling Peaks Stable who tells you about the blood moon also tells you what the moon will be that night, making it much easier to know if there is one. So now I've been camping HERE for two weeks instead of at the shrine.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dunklord and Shunt are all I need :whatup:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Gonna give my horses human names. Randy, ted, Gerald, that sort of stuff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spergatory posted:

You know what one of my favorite little things about this game is?

Bottles.

You all remember bottles, right? Remember when we used to move heaven and earth and strike down godbeasts at risk of life and limb and our reward was a simple loving glass bottle that someone had lying around? Remember that poo poo?

No more. Bottles are everywhere and infinite. We generate bottles from thin air whenever we make an elixir. When we consume said elixir, the bottle returns to the aether whence it came, forgotten.

We used to break our backs for bottles. Now, the bottles work for us.

I sorta think bottles, or something similar, should've existed for fairies, if only because once you realize you can carry a whole stack of them in this and basically never, ever die, any pretense of challenge goes right out the window. But it's also not a huge deal and I'm really happy not to have to care about bottles for potions and stuff.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The item this game is missing is the shovel, aka. the best Zelda item of all time :colbert:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want a hookshot so I can combine it with my paraglider for sick launches

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Harrow posted:

I want a hookshot so I can combine it with my paraglider for sick launches

Legend of Zelda: The Cause of Justice

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

More like The Legend of Smelledya: A Stink to the rear end

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
does an item that prevents you from sliding off mountain walls while raining exist

because if it does its the most powerful item in the game, rain is aggravating as gently caress

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I named my horses Sleipnir cause he's black and a dick in monster gear, Zephyr because she looked like clouds in a blue sky and was my first really used horse, and the three trihorses Tetra, Epona, and Calamity. I stabbed Saga my first horse to death for room for Calamity, since she sucked and I used all of once to get Zephyr who has a prettier coat and mane. I used my ice spear to make a nice horse ice sculpture for the stable.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 9, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will more OoT Link Amiibos ever be made? Seems stupid as poo poo that cool items in this game are locked to a doll that went out of stock long before the game ever came out. I just want to look like OoT Link.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What's the deal with the shrine that lights up when the heart is over it on lake totori

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Will more OoT Link Amiibos ever be made? Seems stupid as poo poo that cool items in this game are locked to a doll that went out of stock long before the game ever came out. I just want to look like OoT Link.

What's funny is these amiibo were in serious clearance two weeks ago before the gon ear was shown and now they're hard as gently caress to find. Retailers were happy to be honest because nobody was buying the 30th anniversary amiibo and they rotted on shelves. I saw every single 30th edition amiibo multiple times before switch launch and now amiibo shelves are barren.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 9, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kawabata posted:

does an item that prevents you from sliding off mountain walls while raining exist

because if it does its the most powerful item in the game, rain is aggravating as gently caress

No, but it really should. Should've been the set bonus for the Climbing Gear outfit.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

No, but it really should. Should've been the set bonus for the Climbing Gear outfit.

Don't gently caress with my jump stamina bonus

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

man nurse posted:

I used ice arrows but bombs solve ever problem in this game too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What I wanna know is where's the horse with skyrim horse physics

I caught one horse early then abandoned it to go mountain climbing and never looked back

Zore posted:

Bombs.

What's the one you're supposed to use on the air boss? I just hit his options with arrows and then hit him with the master sword

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

parallelodad posted:

More like The Legend of Smelledya: A Stink to the rear end

I'm in tears.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

I sorta think bottles, or something similar, should've existed for fairies, if only because once you realize you can carry a whole stack of them in this and basically never, ever die, any pretense of challenge goes right out the window. But it's also not a huge deal and I'm really happy not to have to care about bottles for potions and stuff.

You can also just farm like poo poo tons of food and then pause the game and scarf food Skyrim style whenever you want. The game's challenge is easily defeated, much like most Zelda games, and ironically is hardest in the earliest part of the game where you only have 3 hearts (again, like most zelda games)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

Bombs.

I didn't notice one for Windblight Ganon. Also I'm dumb and used arrows on Waterblight even though I knew Cryonis could break ice :negative:

Zaphod42 posted:

You can also just farm like poo poo tons of food and then pause the game and scarf food Skyrim style whenever you want. The game's challenge is easily defeated, much like most Zelda games, and ironically is hardest in the earliest part of the game where you only have 3 hearts (again, like most zelda games)

Yeah, and that's also part of the reason I wish there were item quick slots and those were the only items you could use in combat. I wouldn't mind if food was only for out of combat but you could craft healing elixirs to use in-combat, and could only hold a limited number of fairies. It's not a huge deal, I don't think anyone's really playing this game for a serious challenge right now anyway.

I wonder if "no food in combat" will be a change in Hard Mode or something.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Breath of the Wild: ROI via amiibos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Japanese Amiibos are in stock and work identically to US Amiibos. Just gotta wait for them to ship from glorious Sunshine Land. You can get them on Ebay or Rakuten. :japan: