Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Admiral Ray posted:

i am going to buy mass effect andromeda, play it, and then post short sentences for YEARS about why i was mildly disappointed in minor parts of it.

I'll level with you here: I never got around to finishing the original three mass effects. Got through the second and thought while it wasn't as amazing as the first it was a solid followup then bam grad school hit and I had no free time and everyone said the third one was a massive disappointment so I never bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

and i must meme posted:

imagine how much money this is, it's enough to live off for what, 30 years?

like seriously how are people okay with this

how did capitalism break our brains so bad

I'm just one good job offer away from this. Now to go smoke weed and play zelda

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol and all the autists come crawling out

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That was satire for the record.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Philthy posted:

Totally gunna gently caress everything in Mass Effect.

:same:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Yesterday was the eighth anniversary of Obama's reversal of the Bush-era ban on Stem Cell Research. I can't believe I keep forgetting about all the things the GOP did the last go around, almost helps make our current spate of idiocy easier to bear.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol @ adults playing videogames for children

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

The point is that even if you make it overtly anti war, if you include any combat at all you'll get brokebrain retards like Trump who zone out the entire time there's no combat, then declare it's an excellent action movie and SUPPORT ARE TROOPS

This type of person is a comfortable majority. Ask Joe Everyman what he thought about or remembers most fondly from Full Metal Jacket

for further examples, look at what happened to the Jarhead movies

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
rear end effect: andudema

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i don't care what your hobbies are as long as you aren't hurting people do what you enjoy and don't judge others namaste~

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Mass Effect sounds fuckin stupid

*downloads more mods for ArmA 3*

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

cumshitter posted:

you can invest $1.2 million and basically have a guaranteed $40k per year for the rest of your life.

like a free $19.23 per hour full time job income. 40k is slightly conservative too
It was British pounds, so actually even better than $1.2m USD. I guess it would be more like $1.4-1.5 million

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jeb! Repetition posted:

That was satire for the record.

we got some real journos here in cpsam

joementuym is dave weegle and ur media mole

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Baloogan posted:

drugs are never good

now watch me drink this 2L of hard cider

Where are you obtaining these 2L bottles of cider I need to know for medical reasons. Very important medical reasons.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

i've never played mass affect games

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I'll level with you here: I never got around to finishing the original three mass effects. Got through the second and thought while it wasn't as amazing as the first it was a solid followup then bam grad school hit and I had no free time and everyone said the third one was a massive disappointment so I never bought it.

The third one is more fun game play wise than the first two but it's also where the story cracks that appeared in two start to really show. There is some very good parts to it, and half the fun for me is replaying now that I've got more education and being really really disappointed they didn't have a physics consultant on board during development. Still fun, though. I'd pay EA $60 to put ME1 into ME3's engine.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

i'm going to buy mass effect andromeda and hell i'll probably enjoy it

its gonna be fun like all the others

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thump! posted:

Mass Effect sounds fuckin stupid

*downloads more mods for ArmA 3*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

cops in the news

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/840129205853597696

https://twitter.com/mic/status/840255950581714945

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

AmericanBarbarian posted:

Where are you obtaining these 2L bottles of cider I need to know for medical reasons. Very important medical reasons.

canada

its cheap too

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/107474

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

a helpful bear posted:

we got some real journos here in cpsam

joementuym is dave weegle and ur media mole

i'm sean hannity

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I play video game

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Serf posted:

its gonna be fun like all the others

i think this is likely

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

and that lawyer's name? eisenstein

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

loquacius posted:

I'm going to buy ME:A for PC and BotW for Wii U and escape yet another month without having to buy a PS4/XB1

but you spent money on a Switch lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
one time my roommates friends from out of town bought salvia down on the venice boardwalk and brought it back and i volunteered to try it first. for some reaosn the smoke tasted like hamburger meat

first everyhing wen tblack and then i felt like god breathing all of existence into the universe. then everything went purple and it felt and sounded like someone put a circus in a blender and dropped me in it. finally i could see the world again and i had somehow walked 7 feet and i was staring at the couch and it looked like there were men sewn into the couch fabric and i shouted "how did you trick those men into forming the shape of a couch!?" like three seconds after that i was sober again

in reality i had been siting down and drooling profusely over msyelf (it felt like someone was pouring cold ketchup on my chest during the god phase) and stumbled around shouting incoherently and then neobody wanted to try it after even though i said it was awesome

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

If you pay attention in the cop video the dude is wearing an Oberlin Law tshirt. Cops are loving stupid.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I bought a cobra mkIII in elite dangerous the other night. I love my fake spaceship. Friday night plans involve chillin' and exploring the galaxy while listening to the fragile and year zero. :feelsgood:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I play video game

nerd

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/840262072785108992

Obama. Obama never changes.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

:gizz:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i'm starting to come around to the idea that trump might be kinda stupid

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:circlefap:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RUM HAM posted:

but you spent money on a Switch lol

Excuse me but if you read that post again you will find I did not spend money on a Switch, I spent money on a Wii U :smug:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

cumshitter posted:

one time my roommates friends from out of town bought salvia down on the venice boardwalk and brought it back and i volunteered to try it first. for some reaosn the smoke tasted like hamburger meat

first everyhing wen tblack and then i felt like god breathing all of existence into the universe. then everything went purple and it felt and sounded like someone put a circus in a blender and dropped me in it. finally i could see the world again and i had somehow walked 7 feet and i was staring at the couch and it looked like there were men sewn into the couch fabric and i shouted "how did you trick those men into forming the shape of a couch!?" like three seconds after that i was sober again

in reality i had been siting down and drooling profusely over msyelf (it felt like someone was pouring cold ketchup on my chest during the god phase) and stumbled around shouting incoherently and then neobody wanted to try it after even though i said it was awesome
10 years ago i read too much TCC and decided it was a good idea to eat the contents of a nasal decongestant inhaler because i thought its stimulant effects would help me write a paper

instead i cooked chili at 3 am and didn't go to class the next day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

sunny news from Foreign Policy mag:

North Korea Is Practicing for Nuclear War: North Korea isn’t testing its missiles. It’s preparing for a nuclear first strike.

• Locked thread