Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

Quality of life want: When a councilor is in hiding, I wish it would not tell me they weren't doing a job. It should act the same as if they are imprisoned and not show the "councilor not doing a job" notification.

Adding to this, it would be nice if the councilor remembered what job they had before they went into hiding, so they would automatically resume it when they came back out.

Zero One posted:

Looks like they screwed with the Direct Vassals map to make it far less usable. Now the map is colored by the highest title. So if you are looking at the HRE, for example, everything is now just a sea of grey so you can no longer easily tell which Kings and Dukes control what.

Ctrl+click on the realm on the map and it will drill down to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Annath posted:

My son became King, hosted a grand tournament, and EVERY. SINGLE PARTICIPANT ended up dead or maimed. Mostly dead.

I thought Paradox fixed the Eternal Hell Tournament bug. Or was this just a thing that happened?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, uh. My Frankish son got disfigured and he isn't showing the mask either. So Frankish portraits at least don't seem to show the injuries right. I'm Estonian and my disfiguring shows a mask fine.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 12, 2017

Catalina
May 20, 2008

This expansion pack has been amazing, and the discussion has given me at least $15 of thread titles, too.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:wtc: Ok

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Ctrl+click on the realm on the map and it will drill down to the next level.

Thanks. But not sure why the change to the Direct Vassal map.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

they are also generally pretty creepy..

yeah you definitely want to find the least creepy mod to insert rape into a videogame

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Annath posted:

It took 19 years for my Diplo 23 chancellor to fabricate my first claim so I could go from Count to Duke :saddowns:

If it takes more than a year always research him to start over.

They can be bribed to stop or stall and you get no tells or notifications of it.

poo poo of it takes more than 2 months on a good Chancellor I reset him every month after.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

1stGear posted:

I thought Paradox fixed the Eternal Hell Tournament bug. Or was this just a thing that happened?

No I think means that it was a bad tournament and allotta people got killed.

Not the forever ONE MAN MUST STAND IN THIS REALM tournament

E: if you suck at martial/ low personal combat you run a high risk of bad poo poo in scripted melee events sometimes

SOMETIMES see that one goon who had like a 7 event popup duel with a 16 y/o girl as like a 35 y/o war maniac with like 33 martial and 4 combat skill. He won but goddamn if she didn't roll like Christ

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 12, 2017

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

cock hero flux posted:

yeah you definitely want to find the least creepy mod to insert rape into a videogame

It's already in the out of the box version of the game :shh:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So uhhh... am I supposed to have raiders from the steppe attacking me in India? They kinda just appeared out of thin air and I'm wondering if this is a bug.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Shbobdb posted:

It's already in the out of the box version of the game :shh:

Everything's a matter of degree. Concubinage as a game mechanic isn't quite the same as, for example, lovingly detailed event descriptions and pictures for the "rape" part of rape and pillage, even if they conceptually model the same general phenomenon.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Hence the "rape mods are really creepy" modifier which was, evidently, beyond the pale for this thread.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

So uhhh... am I supposed to have raiders from the steppe attacking me in India? They kinda just appeared out of thin air and I'm wondering if this is a bug.

You're not the only one.

ajkalan posted:

Why do hosts keep popping up in this county? I don't get it. It is the most isolated county on the map that isn't also an island.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If you look at the code, they have a fully realized China. You just can't see it or interact with it in any way. I'm guessing that the raiders are coming from there.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

Hence the "rape mods are really creepy" modifier which was, evidently, beyond the pale for this thread.
:confused: But you're the guy who wanted one.

I guess I'll assume that it's an odd attempt at humor.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Strudel Man posted:

I want a mechanic where I can spread a trait through conquest. Not the lurid descriptions that the few mods I bothered looking at provided.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got a judicial question:

If I raise crown authority to allow Primogeniture, and then the authority is lowered, is Primogeniture still allowed? Once you tick it it stays on forever unless you're forced to change it?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Frijolero posted:

Got a judicial question:

If I raise crown authority to allow Primogeniture, and then the authority is lowered, is Primogeniture still allowed? Once you tick it it stays on forever unless you're forced to change it?

Yes.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I wonder if the "studying the skies" mission, for the hermetics, is supposed to work quite like this with regards to the interrupted by your kid thing that can happen. Both of your choices give you a kinda nasty -15 "bad parent" modifier for 25 years.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

I wonder if the "studying the skies" mission, for the hermetics, is supposed to work quite like this with regards to the interrupted by your kid thing that can happen. Both of your choices give you a kinda nasty -15 "bad parent" modifier for 25 years.

It can also fire council members and piss off your spouse (with stacking penalties) for a decade. It's never worth the trade off.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
But there's no trade off. Both choices have the bad thing happen.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
The trade off being the ultimate good from sticking at your task vs inevitably annoying people now, and I agree it isn't worth doing.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

spectralent posted:

Boooooo. It's kind of a shame there's nothing to tie being Fylkir and being immortal together; I can see an obvious "Of course I'm blessed by the gods, I'm immortal" argument to be made.

I agree with this - The head of a religion (any religion) should probably not get hit by the 'ruled for too long' malus for being immortal, since they are in a pretty strong position to explain everything away with 'It's because of God!', and that would be it. Who is to question them? Maybe have events to that effect fire when religious authority is low, but powerful Fylkirs/Caliphs should not have to justify themselves.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I think they should, but tie it to events. If a fylkir/caliph can convince people they are favored by *insert god here* then they shouldn't get a penalty and should probably get a piety bonus. If they fail, however, there should be some serious malus to opinion because everyone now thinks you're a witch AND you've perverted the highest religious office.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've never been able to get immortal to work but the negative malus for ruling too long sounds cool just because I like the Dune books a lot and it reminds me of God Emperor

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I was really excited when another immortal showed up to kill me, but was equally disappointed when it turned out that was the only event tied to immortality.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Combat is still an inscrutable black box. When I complained about this earlier in the thread I was told that commanders make little difference and that when fighting tribals you can win if you have a large number of heavy infantry,

I can now say that this is bollocks. I fight tribals, they have 6000 troops vs my 4500 but I've got 2500 HI to their 300. I even have a terrain bonus and the other army a terrain penalty and I still get slaughtered.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Some weird poo poo has been happening, not sure if bugs or there is a logical explanation. My daughter was betrothed to BYZ emperor except when she came of age instead of marriage prompt the whole arrangement dissapeared as if it never happened. When I tried to re-arrange marriage or betrothal the list of eligible candidates was empty despite me having spare daughters. Emperor became unmarribale somehow, some years passed and he is still not married/betrothed. I checked his traits, didn't find anything that would explain the situation. His heir is his imbecile sister who has no children and I assume her heir is the other sister who isn't married too for some reason. So now I have no idea where BYZ throne will go when they all die.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Carcer posted:

Combat is still an inscrutable black box. When I complained about this earlier in the thread I was told that commanders make little difference and that when fighting tribals you can win if you have a large number of heavy infantry,

I can now say that this is bollocks. I fight tribals, they have 6000 troops vs my 4500 but I've got 2500 HI to their 300. I even have a terrain bonus and the other army a terrain penalty and I still get slaughtered.

Combat isn't really a black box, its just that there's very little you can do to actually control or interact with it unless you want to get really gamey, the automatic selections the game makes for the very few things you can control tend to be bad, and there's a big random factor that can lead to you getting hosed over regardless. HI is far better than LI, but just having a lot of HI isn't necessarily going to overturn a 25% numerical disadvantage - especially if your flanks aren't well-balanced or your morale is crap.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Commanders with the appropriate traits (flankers on the flanks etc.) can make a huge difference in my experience.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Strudel Man posted:

my dude, do you not read threads or something? Shbobdb wants to model Innsmouth-style fishpeople spreading along the coasts for a Cthulhu mod; he's not doing a loverslab rape dungeon...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Some weird poo poo has been happening, not sure if bugs or there is a logical explanation. My daughter was betrothed to BYZ emperor except when she came of age instead of marriage prompt the whole arrangement dissapeared as if it never happened. When I tried to re-arrange marriage or betrothal the list of eligible candidates was empty despite me having spare daughters. Emperor became unmarribale somehow, some years passed and he is still not married/betrothed. I checked his traits, didn't find anything that would explain the situation. His heir is his imbecile sister who has no children and I assume her heir is the other sister who isn't married too for some reason. So now I have no idea where BYZ throne will go when they all die.

Did the emperor inherit the Varangians?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Good job potentially destroying the Byzantines.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

I want a mechanic where I can spread a trait through conquest. Not the lurid descriptions that the few mods I bothered looking at provided.

Have you tried looking for a mod that spreads disease along with conquest, or looked at any zombie/vampire mods (I'm sure there's probably a few) to see what they do?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

binge crotching posted:

Did the emperor inherit the Varangians?

Nope, Varangian captain is another dude.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Was he in hiding? You can't get married if you are.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh dear me posted:

The trade off being the ultimate good from sticking at your task vs inevitably annoying people now, and I agree it isn't worth doing.

But they both annoy people, one just annoys people BARELY more.

I hate it the most when my spouse is my goddamn apprentice. YOU'RE DOING THIS WITH ME, rear end in a top hat!

Carcer posted:

I think they should, but tie it to events. If a fylkir/caliph can convince people they are favored by *insert god here* then they shouldn't get a penalty and should probably get a piety bonus. If they fail, however, there should be some serious malus to opinion because everyone now thinks you're a witch AND you've perverted the highest religious office.

My immortal was disfigured and wearing a mask. It made me want to pull like a switcharoo. What? No, I'm the last guy's son. I'm wearing the mask in his honor.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I had the immortal event chain fire for me today, except I ended dieing and being reborn as a kid.

This split my realm into two kingdoms, so I took a shortcut and had my current character assassinate the reborn character :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

I've been seeing lords in my realm decide to not get married, too. If I try to set them up, they only want advantageous marriages, which is an odd thing to insist on when you're a random wali in a polygamous society.

• Locked thread