Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

No one is giving up a 1st and handing him $16m per. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats took a 2nd or 3rd to move him though.

Well, the Saints do have a new 3rd round pick...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If that's the case, wouldn't they just have him play out his year on the tender and lose him next year and get a comp pick?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Well a 2nd this year is better than waiting 2 years for a 3rd.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/841269247384911873

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Diva Cupcake posted:

yeah but a top corner for <4m is nothing th sneeze at either.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I'd hold onto him for this year and take the comp pick when he goes elsewhere. If someone's dumb enough to offer you a 1st or high second, great, but otherwise I'd be all in for this year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

...ok?

Bye Chase

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chase Daniel is 30 years old and has thrown fewer than 80 passes in his career.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut and becomes the Chiefs number 2 again.

Because in that timeline, the Chiefs still don't draft a QB in a high round and I can't imagine we'd be rolling into the season with Tyler Bray as number 2.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also because the 3rd would be a comp pick it's at the very end of the round, meaning a 2nd round pick is likely to be about 1.5 rounds higher. That said, $4m for one year of a good corner you have a lot of experience with is nothing to sneeze at.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

Also because the 3rd would be a comp pick it's at the very end of the round, meaning a 2nd round pick is likely to be about 1.5 rounds higher. That said, $4m for one year of a good corner you have a lot of experience with is nothing to sneeze at.

Everyone seems to think the Pats are finally selling out to win now, in which case you keep Butler and roll out one of the best CB duos in football for 1 year if nobody gives you a 1st rounder.

If they're still taking their usual "long term value uber alles" approach then you move Butler for a 2nd or even 3rd without hesitation because that's worth more than any comp pick he could net you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Should I be surprised that nothing has happened with Tony Romo yet, considering that Dallas said that they would be releasing him on Thursday?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I somehow feel better with Foles as our #2 over Chase Daniels, yet I feel like it's a trap.

We have to be trading Chase with this news. My only thought is that apparently he's been a key in helping develop Wentz. But, with Philly so harrrrrrd into idea of surrounding Wentz with the right coaches and players, Daniels must be expendable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Foles over chase seems like a pure cap move .

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Welp. Looks like it's the Saints and Bears that are in trade talks for Daniels

If we cut Daniels, it's $7 million in Dead cap and $1 million in savings to the cap. Small difference on it being a post June 1st cut.

Yeah, dude gotta be getting traded.

Also, got $2.58 million in cap space free after adjusting some Ertz bonuses. InHowieWeTrust

89 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 13, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Should I be surprised that nothing has happened with Tony Romo yet, considering that Dallas said that they would be releasing him on Thursday?

They made that announcement before the Texans dumped Brock. I think there's probably some hope in Dallas that they can squeeze a pick out of the Texans or Broncos now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tffjokes.txt

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/841286536658337792

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chase Daniel is 30 years old and has thrown fewer than 80 passes in his career.

And he's made $19 million.

Not a bad gig.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wait, 8 minutes ago it was reported Daniels asked for his release and it will be granted (can't blame the dude, dude wants a piece of that 2017 FA QB pie)

No!! You stay here for today and get us one Kyle Fuller instead!

Nov 6, 2002

Is that a real person?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is that a real person?

I'm not sure, but if he is, and he does sign with the Pats, he'll probably have 19 carries for 187 yards and 3 TD's in the 2018 AFC Championship game.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently there's offset language in Chase Daniels Eagles contract.

"Eagles owe him $5m guaranteed but he has offset language, so they'll save whatever his next team pays him. "

Yay

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is that a real person?

Just something about him, I can kind of tell he'd be a great fit for the Patriots.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
He had like five career TD throws for Nebraska out of the wildcat

Sign him up, Bill

E: Well

Diva Cupcake posted:

tffjokes.txt

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/841291235864268801

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
gently caress the Patriots

Edit: I didn't even see the news about them bringing in more white dudes I just randomly open threads to post "gently caress the Patriots"

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 13, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

New England is just taking advantage of a market that is undervaluing a particular commodity: short, white dudes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

They made that announcement before the Texans dumped Brock. I think there's probably some hope in Dallas that they can squeeze a pick out of the Texans or Broncos now.

Brock being in Houston or not should have no bearing on whether the Texans are going to try to get a new QB

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

Brock being in Houston or not should have no bearing on whether the Texans are going to try to get a new QB

Dumping cap might have had bearing on their ability to do so, though.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Intruder posted:

They had chump change for cap space with Brock on the roster.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know when the Hard Knocks team gets announced? I read through a couple articles but they all seem to be about potential teams, not when we should know.

Would love to see the Bucs on there for selfish reasons

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
$11m over 2 years for Foles inc $7m in guaranteed money

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone know when the Hard Knocks team gets announced? I read through a couple articles but they all seem to be about potential teams, not when we should know.

Would love to see the Bucs on there for selfish reasons

iirc it's generally in the summer

Nov 6, 2002

Who are the potential teams this year?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CyberPingu posted:

$11m over 2 years for Foles inc $7m in guaranteed money

Even backup QB money is getting stupid

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Blitz7x posted:

iirc it's generally in the summer

Last year it was anounced at the end of March though

Also, I'm seeing a lot of Morris Claiborne to the Ravens talk, any Cowboys fan here who ca tell me if I should be excited about this?

Who are the potential teams this year?

According to NFL.com:

quote:

So who does that leave us? Under the league parameters, 24 teams are eliminated from mandatory inclusion. It leaves us a group of eight: Bears, Buccaneers, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Ravens, Saints and Titans.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It's usually announced between late May and mid-June, although the Rams last year, and the Jets a few years back, were announced at the end of March.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Rex Burkhead is going to be insanely good on the Pats btw. He is a really good running back hidden behind an underperforming high draft pick in Cincy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans would be a good but probably boring team for Hard Knocks. Teams say its a distraction, so I hope they don't get picked.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Browns would be pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/841308674761080832

• Locked thread