Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Goofballs posted:

Can anyone remember where the region blocker program is?

http://gamebanana.com/tools/5684

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Buller posted:

Good play but cut your drat bangs man

and increase your res

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

cheers google gave me a list of cmd commands and thats more than I'm willing to do

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I'm glad in TYOOL 2017 we still play CS like it's 2001

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i may be a retard but at least im a purist

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

and increase your res

Excuse me, but 800x600 loving owns.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

Excuse me, but 800x600 loving owns.

have you tried 1440 x 1080 because it looks the same to me only its not blurry as gently caress

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
HP Pavilion M70 17" CRT Monitor w/Built-In Microphone
640x480 blackbox
250 Hz

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you dont actually use that do you

i googled 250hz hp crt and could only find your posts from the previous iteration of this thread

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

stump collector posted:

i googled 250hz hp crt and could only find your posts from the previous iteration of this thread

https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-m70-crt-monitor-17-series/specs/

e: I'm guessing it's overclocked to 250hz?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

stump collector posted:

have you tried 1440 x 1080 because it looks the same to me only its not blurry as gently caress

Those numbers are too high, does not compute

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

stump collector posted:

haha, a copied post, how embarrassing for me~. It's just bullshit from my steam profile

I actually use a BenQ 24" XL2411Z which I recommend to anyone as a cheap entry level 144hz but tbh I'm kind of starting to want something bigger

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

So NIP is going to get a new player: Draken

He's replacing Pyth, not Friberg

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LochNessMonster posted:

So NIP is going to get a new player: Draken

He's replacing Pyth, not Friberg

Hahah what the gently caress is NiP even doing at this point.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

haha, a copied post, how embarrassing for me~. It's just bullshit from my steam profile

I actually use a BenQ 24" XL2411Z which I recommend to anyone as a cheap entry level 144hz but tbh I'm kind of starting to want something bigger

I grabbed Dell's SG2716DG recently, a 27" 1440/144 with Gsync and after adjusting the settings to get rid of the defaults which are hella washed out, I love it

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

metallicaeg posted:

I grabbed Dell's SG2716DG recently, a 27" 1440/144 with Gsync and after adjusting the settings to get rid of the defaults which are hella washed out, I love it

I bet that thing does about 200hz at 1024x768

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Photex posted:

I bet that thing does about 200hz at 1024x768

I wouldn't know since I don't have high power hardware to run games on a resolution suitable for a TI-89.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Hahah what the gently caress is NiP even doing at this point.

I mean, anytime NIP has a decent awper they seem to be just fine.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Yeah. The statement they made said they didn't have a dedicated awper as pyth i guess wasn't comfortable awping full time. Draken has a bonkers k/d differential of like 370 or something

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Majors coming back to Greatest Country in the World as Kraków is announced as the next major venue (16-23 July), yesssss

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
What is a reasonable RWS on ESEA? I.e. "probably won't get me shouted at for dragging everyone down"? Now that I've settled @ D+ I seem to usually get around 8-10ish

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 15, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Who cares, it's a number

Like your sensitivity.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Xenaero posted:

Who cares, it's a number

Like your sensitivity.

The lower the better?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Fusion Restaurant posted:

What is a reasonable RWS on ESEA? I.e. "probably won't get me shouted at for dragging everyone down"? Now that I've settled @ D+ I seem to usually get around 8-10ish

That's like asking how many kills should I get so I don't get yelled at. A) you shouldn't even be looking at pug stats while you're in the game. B) If you're D+ you shouldn't even be paying for ESEA.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Kwilty posted:

That's like asking how many kills should I get so I don't get yelled at. A) you shouldn't even be looking at pug stats while you're in the game. B) If you're D+ you shouldn't even be paying for ESEA.

It's still generally better players than in MM and I'd rather improve by facing better people ?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
10 RWS is probably the minimum to not feel like you're not being outclassed frequently. ESEA standards, which are much higher than the normal player pool, are probably something like: 10-11 and you're just a reasonable everyman player. 12-13 you're pretty good. 14-16 you're really good. 17+ and you're probably some kind of pugstar or aspiring/actual pro.

In the end RWS doesn't mean everything, and you can work to artificially inflate it to a degree, but since winning rounds is a vital part of calculating it, in the end it's difficult to get away from it being a somewhat accurate measure of your play. You can also look at your ADR, and on that front you really want to be hitting 80 as a magic number.

I just looked at the the statistics for the top 100 fraggers from February in EU. These are people who play a LOT of CS, and also have a good amount of games statistically. Over 80 of them are between 10-11 RWS. Nine of them are between 9-10. Zero are below 9. Only three people are above 13 RWS. Pretty much everybody has above 80 ADR.

e: but obviously it's possible to get along just about with 9 RWS or so, but it probably will feel a bit lovely.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
lol another one of those goofballs naming themselves a pro. 'adreN' yeah ok

What's that pin? "Semifinalist at MLG Columbus 2016"

gently caress

Not too bad I guess despite blowing CT half, I don't wanna watch his stream to see how much he and his group didn't try though.

Lot of people on that team were pretty good at aiming

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Fusion Restaurant posted:

It's still generally better players than in MM and I'd rather improve by facing better people ?

At D+ I'm going to guess that you're still sitting below DMG. In which case, trust me, you aren't going to learn much of anything in ESEA. Your best bet is to either keep mming until you get LE, or play goonmans just to get the base. If you go the goon route, you get 128 tick servers with plenty of people to poo poo on you and its free. At that rank / skill you're still far too concerned about being able to shoot someone rather than the nuances of creating advantages and disadvantages to win rounds.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
New update is out with a new map:
link

clocks in ~421mb

surc
Aug 17, 2004

All the skins p-solid except the P250 and the AWP which are definitely the weakest, also STOP loving MAKING P250 SKINS EVERY UPDATE ALREADY GODDAMN VALVE

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I'm on the spectrum y'all

I'll be back soon, P8Z68-V Pro finally died. Replaced a dead cap and got about a day and a half more life out of it before it died again :rip:

Allah willing, this 1800X/etc will be here by Friday

E: Size is ~420 MB :420:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I want a rusted falchion man

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I've wanted a rust gut knife for ages but no way am I even spending a penny on that crap.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

New T model looks nice.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
canal blows

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

A site is so drat open and lacking cover it's like it's unfinished, whereas the b site side of the map is overwrought with corridors and poo poo ontop of each other. Also the timings are all hosed.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Skadoodle has Internal Bleeding, cause unknown but probably related to an intestinal cyst
https://oddshot.tv/s/p8KB1c

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gambit is going to Dreamhack Austin, I swear if I don't run into the X GOD on 6th Street at 3am I'm going to be really disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Hey can I get an invite to the goonman group?