Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Nazzadan posted:

:captainpop:
What did he mean by this

Love to watch animal murder while practicing my scales bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I [24m] like boyish girls. Fool's errand?

quote:

Tldr: likes androgynous or boyish girls, and they like girls too... thoughts?
So I like boyish girls (tomboys?). I'm living in LA and work in the arts so there's a lot of people that fit my type. I work and am friends with plenty, but, as you might imagine, they like girls too. I've been alone for a while.
I find it hard to be in a relationship with traditionally feminine girls, so I feel alone a lot. I love a person that's confident, has goals, scrappy, and would skate or throw a ball around with me. I want more of a friend in my SO than I should maybe? Dude idk. I have a few very good friends like this, and they just aren't into me in 'that way' cause I'm a dude. Which is fine.
Just starting to think I'm looking for something that isn't there. I'm sure it does somewhere, the world is huge, but am I running a fool's errand? Should I keep up hope? Is this an immature idea?
Also: I'm 5'5", a short guy. Dunno if that's important, but it's been a factor in most of my life.

Not a very good story, but the curveball at the end that he is a sensitive manlet made me laugh.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I hope people told him it's not a factor.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I keep a pair of Timberlands just for climbing the tall ones.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Nazzadan posted:

Not a very good story, but the curveball at the end that he is a sensitive manlet made me laugh.

I like tomboys and androgynous ladies. I hit on them at parties. They're almost always lesbians, so good luck buddy. Maybe I just have weird luck. Not really complaining, I guess. Maybe I'd get more chicks if I were a sensitive manlet?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Nazzadan posted:

Go volunteer at roller derby events.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

food court bailiff posted:

Someone in the comments said he should hit up ice hockey events, and he coincidentally already plays hockey.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This is terrible advice for trying to meet women who aren't lesbians.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Someone in the comments said he should hit up ice hockey events, and he coincidentally already plays hockey.

On the girls' team?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

He started this thread, but it was deleted and I cant recover it
Girl stroked my beard as she left - signal?

He then responded to the automated bot that told him why his post was deleted with "sorry about that"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

The grade school teachers working out their aggression will usually be straight, but they're gonna generally be womanly.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Straight White Shark posted:

A hell of a lot of tomboyish straight women play derby. I mean, yeah, there's tons of lesbians, too, but if you think it's terrible advice I have to ask what exactly you're basing that on?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

A hell of a lot of tomboyish straight women play derby. I mean, yeah, there's tons of lesbians, too, but if you think it's terrible advice I have to ask what exactly you're basing that on?

Stereotypes, duh.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazzadan posted:

He then responded to the automated bot that told him why his post was deleted with "sorry about that"

Try unreddit. It recovers deleted things, but there might be a minimum time limit for a post getting saved.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

this says more than any story about a missed hookup possibly could

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Elsa posted:

Try unreddit. It recovers deleted things, but there might be a minimum time limit for a post getting saved.

Tried that first, no luck.

Content

My [18 M] girlfriend [18 F] has an anger issue and loves to lie about everything.

quote:

We’ve been together for only 9 months so far, everything is lovely about her (this is my first girlfriend). We always make each other happy and spent most (all the time) of our free time together. We have lots of things we love in common, so we don’t have topics to run out. P.S I’m really bad at writing stuff, do ask me if you don’t understand any part.
I don’t know very well about her. I got in a relationship with her just by group work that we had in class.
For the first few months of being together with her, I thought the stories she told were real, I was amazed on how incredible she is, later by later I realize all her stories were fake. Here’s an example of her stories, she said that she was born in Japan and studied in a Japan school, I’ve seen her identification card before, which she isn’t born in Japan nor she studied in Japan. She loves to boast herself that she is from Japan. There are many things that she lied, some lie is really hard to believe.
I don’t want to hurt her feeling by saying that she lies, she will scold me instead and it will really affect my relationship.
Other than that, she has a serious anger management problem. This occur last week, I brought her to an ice skating rink, she told me that she knows how to ice skate confidently, so I’m sure she would know. Once reaching the rink, she really is clueless and doesn’t know how to ice skate, so I tried teaching her real slow.
I got scolded by her instead asking me to “Shut the gently caress up”, I’m sorry for the language. The whole entire experience in the rink was destroyed, I didn’t enjoy at all.
I tried talking to her about her problems (serious talk), in the end I’ve got the blamed. In arguments, I would never win even though it’s her fault.
Every night talking to her on Skype is really a challenge for me, I need to control what I say. Anything could trigger something. Especially playing games with her, I have to let her win, I have to compliment her even though she’s bad. I’m sorry for being weak, but I don’t want to lose her.
When she is on her good mood, it’s really like a dream come true. She will be laughing and that what’s makes me happy.
tl;dr: Do you think it's my fault for being too gentle? & Should I still be with her? I don't want to lose her but is there anyway I could help her?

I'm sorry for the language.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 14, 2017

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Pvt.Scott posted:

Way to sabotage the eventual threesome Nami was orchestrating, you boob.

to say nothing of the pegging!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nazzadan posted:

Also: I'm 5'5", a short guy. Dunno if that's important, but it's been a factor in most of my life.

:getin:

quote:

I'm living in LA

gently caress :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[CA] Ex demands $200, My Watch, and $4000 in emotional compensation over our breakup last year

quote:

My Ex is threatening Small Claims Court if I don't give my ex $200, my Watch (given to me for a special occasion), and $4000 in emotional compensation (because I didn't talk to my Ex after the breakup).

The $200 is for money "loaned" to me. We sometimes paid for each others transportation to see each other, (plane/train tickets, gas, etc.) but obviously didn't expect anything in return. It was never "money lent" while in the relationship.

Can my Ex take me to court? The watch is technically mine, correct? Money for emotional compensation??? What's going on here. Thanks in advancefor any and all help.

Most of the comments are laughing about it, and the rest are saying to let it get taken to court so the judge can laugh too

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Gender is conspicuously absent. Troll post.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bubblyblubber posted:

I'm not so much interested in the actual cuckold lifestyle, which is why I indulge in the finest cuckolding fan fiction:

(maybe a repost, my brain is fried from these loving stories)

GF [25 F] writs really aggressive cuckold erotica...should I [24 M] be concerned? Relationships

Only 2 of the 25 comments mention her privacy, surprisingly.

Maybe she's compartmentalized it into her imagination, or maybe this is a woman's version of looking for someone to fill a role in the fantasy you have to play out. Like a dude who is actually looking for the next woman to play his mom. One of my guy friends told me he likes making women cry. I flat out told him he has mom issues, and they couldn't possibly have done anything to him to deserve that type of treatment. She might be looking for a patsy and found it in him. Or she's the next big thing in edgy internet fantasy novels.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Elsa posted:

Gender is conspicuously absent. Troll post.

Including the state means it's r/legaladvice, not r/relationships. also, if the post is written in a room with a gold-fringed flag, that falls under admiralty law

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

PleasingFungus posted:

Including the state means it's r/legaladvice, not r/relationships. also, if the post is written in a room with a gold-fringed flag, that falls under admiralty law

I concede. You lost me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey you know who we haven't heard from in a while? Our friends over at /r/childfree!

quote:

[Question] How do i explain to my employer that my time isn't worth less than my colleague's just because he has children?

I put in for a weeks holiday at work. My colleague (and friend since highschool) work in a small engineering department, (myself, my colleague in question, a senior engineer and the engineering manager) and have both worked here the same amount of time approximately, been here 4 years now.
so, my friend put in for the same week as me out of pure coincidence a day after i put in my request, but i was told that he would be getting the holiday allocation in stead of me because "he had kids and its harder for him to reschedule"
How can i explain that my spare time isn't worth less than his because i don't have children. Am i worth less as a person because i haven't reproduced? certainly seems that way to my boss.

"I literally cannot comprehend how someone with children would have a harder time rescheduling than me, it must be a personal attack :qq:"

quote:

Why would you bring your toddler to a drug deal?!

Buddy of mine was visiting for a couple days and deals weed, while he was here he had a couple different people drop by to pick up, which is fine because none of them are sketchy and my buddy is a good guy so I know he wouldn't bring anyone bad into my place.
I have thousands of dollars worth of collectibles around my place, and frequent raves, so there is more than just weed in the apartment as well.
One of the people texts him that he is here, and on that same text says he brought his daughter, who can't be more than 2 years old and carrying a plastic sword. I just sat there in awe.
On the plus side, the kid was quiet, on the down side, it was awkward as gently caress for the guy to come by with his kid to buy weed, and of course the little poo poo started flailing her sword when her dad picked her up knocking down several of my (thankfully cheaper) figures.
I just cant get over the audacity to bring your kid to a drug deal even if it is only weed.

"How dare this BREEDER ruin the sanctity of my funko pop den while buying drugs?! :argh::argh::argh:"

quote:

So apparently my sense of humour is awful (humour)

o I went into a jewellery store with my mom and was looking at earrings when I hear the horrifying shuffle I've grown to dread from my time in Sunday school.
I turn slowly and there it is. Small and wriggling towards me, making a shrill noise that's meant to be a giggle. I looked at the cashier who wasn't looking at the baby and went 'you appear to have an infestation' without thinking.
My mom is immediately apologetic, telling me to apologise to the lady as she realises the child has escapes and quickly picks him up. But she's laughing at the joke so I don't see the problem. The child being held makes grabby hands at me, and I look at it coldly. This was found amusing until I whistle.
I have a high pitch whistle and the moment I do the child immediately looses all interest in coming near me, instead hiding in the cashiers arms as my mom tells me that I'm not funny no matter what I think.
So yeah, child wanted to come see me and mom immediately jumped on the idea of me playing with a baby. Ah well, I found the entire mess amusing even if it probably shouldn't be.

"A child had the audacity to exist near me so I emitted a banshee screech that warded it away, then everyone clapped and the cashier gave me a hundred dollars"

Immediately under that post:

quote:

"Childfree" does not mean "child-hating"

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a big fan of kids. For the most part i find them to be loud, sticky, and unpleasant. I've never made it a secret that I am not interested in having them.
That said, I don't understand why the the jump to the conclusion that I hate them. A friend of mine for years messaged me recently that she didn't know if I saw my niece was in the hospital. I told her I heard something about it but I wasn't getting daily updates or anything (I don't follow the 'rents on faceyspace). So she sent me a screenshotted update starting with "I know you don't care, but..."
So I corrected her. Angrily.
I do care. I don't like that my niece is in the hospital. Why do people assume because I don't want kids of my own that I want to see them suffer? o.O

You LITERALLY cannot please these people. Whether or not you acknowledge the existence of children around them, they'll find a way to get mad.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
There are rules against discrimination based on marital and parental status in the hiring process. Are there similar rules for handling vacation time? I feel like the reason could've and should've been fibbed instead of admitting exactly why vacation time was approved.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bubblyblubber posted:

Today, on poo poo that probably didn't happen but I really hope in my heart of hearts actually did:

I (23M) caught my coworker (33M) coming out of the women's bathroom at work. Later we got an all office e-mail demanding to know who soiled the women's bathroom at work. Non-Romantic

At my last job we had an issue like this that would crop up a couple times a year - a bathroom, in one of the two company buildings, would get poo poo smeared all over it. Before I left they still hadn't caught whomever was doing it, but they'd just pick a random men's or ladies room and paint the town brown. It actually made 2 of the janitorial staff I knew quit on the spot.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dunno, I'm not R/childfree but I get pretty annoyed when my coworkers take off repeatedly for reasons involving their children and I have to cover for them.

I am, however, getting promoted after two months at a new job so it's not like your reliability will go unnoticed forever.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Danaru posted:

You LITERALLY cannot please these people. Whether or not you acknowledge the existence of children around them, they'll find a way to get mad.

yeah as it turns out people who express an active dislike of children generally have poor social skills

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Children? You mean loving crotchdropspawn? gently caress... Heh, try the gently caress again, mom. Like hell I'll ever be a loving lovely loving breeder. gently caress. Ah well, meh, heh. At least I have my funko collection, heh. O_o Meh

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I dunno, I'm not R/childfree but I get pretty annoyed when my coworkers take off repeatedly for reasons involving their children and I have to cover for them.

I am, however, getting promoted after two months at a new job so it's not like your reliability will go unnoticed forever.

I imagine that if something happened and you needed to be there to care for a family member on short notice, hopefully they would have your back. The tough thing for parents is that if a childcare provider falls through on you or your kid is sick, you can't just leave them alone. We try to have contingency plans but if those fall through also we are SOL. A business should not be so dependent on one person being there that they can't handle a delay of a few hours.

Alternatively if you are complaining about working dor 10 hours when parents skate after 8, you should put your foot down and leave after 8 hours also. Working extra devalues your labor.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

As long as the time is tracked does it matter?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I just want to be loving able to have teh smexytimes, update my loving tumblester on the internetwebs, and not have to loving worry about having enough loving money to collect the new funko men when they come out. The loving parental units don't get it, but I don't loving expect them to... It's definitely a loving meh variety of thing, but what the gently caress do you expect from a pair of loving breeders? So loving inmature...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hughlander posted:

It can if you're in a business where other people need to pick up the slack. There's a woman at my job who constantly leaves in the middle of the day or leaves an hour or two early for every illness her children have and every time they get in trouble at school. She's married and often spends time with her parents and grandparents, so I'm not sure why she ends up being the one to leave for all of them, but every time she has to leave she ends up leaving things unfinished. Some of them are jobs that nobody else can really complete for her, so they end up in limbo until her return the next day. Even if her reason for leaving is understandable, it's still frustrating when she's supposed to be a full time employee.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hughlander posted:

It really isn't, it's salary plus commission. I think the only reason it annoys me is that we're in sales so we end up covering their clients and making them money at the expense of our own so maybe it isn't really relatable to most people's work experience.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Danaru posted:

Hey you know who we haven't heard from in a while? Our friends over at /r/childfree!

"I literally cannot comprehend how someone with children would have a harder time rescheduling than me, it must be a personal attack :qq:"

"How dare this BREEDER ruin the sanctity of my funko pop den while buying drugs?! :argh::argh::argh:"

"A child had the audacity to exist near me so I emitted a banshee screech that warded it away, then everyone clapped and the cashier gave me a hundred dollars"

Immediately under that post:

Jesus Christ these people are insufferable. Faceyspace? loving seriously? Oh and this gem

quote:

you appear to have an infestation'
:smug:
If my kid said something so cringingly annoying I'd cuff them on the head

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I dunno, maybe quit posting forever and retire on your game-winning shot in the finals right here

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not an r/childfree type of person (though likely will never end up having kids) and understand that people who have kids certainly have a rougher time of it, but yeah it's hard to not feel a little bit of resentment when the general atmosphere of American work culture is that not having kids basically means your time doesn't matter and you never have a good excuse to take time off or not be constantly working. That's not to say the culture is on the whole really any friendlier to parents (particularly mothers), but it's still a hard emotion to shake off.

On a side note, apparently there was a court ruling in New York that affirmed custody for all of a kid's three lesbian mothers. The poly future is near.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I dunno, maybe quit posting forever and retire on your game-winning shot in the finals right here

true

edit: gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Maybe they can just restrict their posting to only illustrating poo poo. That was p good.