Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

even in the places where the game rattles off a bunch of references to past titles at once, there's no Majora's Mask shoutout. i guess since it happened in an 'alternate world' or whatever it doesn't get anything

dataminers did find an unreleased Majora's Mask related Amiibo that can give you the full Fierce Deity Link outfit and sword but there's no way to know if that's cut content or future content

No, there's at least one reference: The pools around Zora's domain are named after Majora's Mask Zora.

Also for those of you who need Chu jelly of a specific elemental type, it turns out that if you drop a bunch and then hit it with an elemental attack, it actually changes the color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Best horse name: Pony Danza

alternately: martin horcese

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Amy Equinehouse

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that sidon theme oh my god

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

that sidon theme everything oh my god

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i crave the fishman

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So why did Zelda take photos while fleeing for her life from monsters

She didn't even make them selfies so they're no good for the compendium.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 14, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Internet Kraken posted:

So why did Zelda take photos while fleeing for her life from monsters

why am i taking pictures of monsters charging at me

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

i crave the fishman

Might as well be the thread title.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Kass riddle spoiler:

this happened completely accidentally, i just wanted a faster way to get around the ridge and then I found kass and welp

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, I legit had a tear in my eye when the Master Sword cutscene zoomed out to show a gorgeous recreation of the iconic artwork:

:qq:

Also I think the line "She has a smile like the sun. I would do much to feel its warmth upon me once again." was very sweet. I really really really really want the story DLC to have more Zelda.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Uh wow, I don't even know how this is possible... I mean, I can play at work so that goes some way towards explaining that number but even then, this is actually quite a significant amount more than I thought it would be.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So I'm about halfway through the game (did only the Zora dungeon, but explored quite a few areas), and I've got some questions:

-Is there any reason for collecting Koroks aside from inventory slots? I've got 100 of them, and feel like I don't need my inventory to be any bigger.

-What gemstones I should and shouldn't sell? I know Luminous Stones are used for diamond exchange now, but that's the only thing I've found.

-Are there quests like Orb one in Kakariko, that appear after you've done other quests, in every town?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kurtofan posted:

i crave the fishman

I want to make like Happy Days and jump that shark

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
My game just got to me - and i've managed to dodge spoilers so far - but are there anything worth knowing before throwing myself into the game, or does it explain stuff well enough to just pick up and play?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lars posted:

My game just got to me - and i've managed to dodge spoilers so far - but are there anything worth knowing before throwing myself into the game, or does it explain stuff well enough to just pick up and play?

Just play

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lars posted:

Learn to dodge, shield, and parry. Other than that, have fun!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Following the "main path" until Hateno village might also be recommended if you want to unlock some things.

Not necessary at all though.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Lars posted:

Nah, game's not hard to get into. One of the things I'll point out is that you can cook right from the start. It's probably the only not immediately obvious main mechanic since it requires going into the menu, and a pot nearby. After that if you talk to NPCs they'll provide all the information you need.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
Awesome, thanks. Can't wait to get home :aaa:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Lars posted:

Don't feel obligated to do anything, especially don't fight every single thing.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Vookatos posted:

So I'm about halfway through the game (did only the Zora dungeon, but explored quite a few areas), and I've got some questions:

-Is there any reason for collecting Koroks aside from inventory slots? I've got 100 of them, and feel like I don't need my inventory to be any bigger.

-What gemstones I should and shouldn't sell? I know Luminous Stones are used for diamond exchange now, but that's the only thing I've found.

-Are there quests like Orb one in Kakariko, that appear after you've done other quests, in every town?

Koroks: there's apparently a reward for all 900, but if you're not a raving completist and you're happy with your slots then fine. I find them handy to see where I've been myself, but YMMV.

Gems: A Gerudo Town jeweller will make protective gear out of each type, and you need more of each gem to upgrade them, and flint to upgrade everything. You'll definitely want topaz (electrical resistance) and opal (swim speed up). The rest are cool but optional; amber (physical defense), sapphire (heat resist), ruby (cold resist), diamond (guardian resist).

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 14, 2017

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Koroks: there's apparently a reward for all 900, but if you're not a raving completist and you're happy with your slots then fine. I find them handy to see where I've been myself, but YMMV.

Gems: A Gerudo Town jeweller will make protective gear out of each type, and you need more of each gem to upgrade them, and flint to upgrade everything. You'll definitely want topaz (electrical resistance) and opal (swim speed up). The rest are cool but optional; amber (physical defense), sapphire (heat resist), ruby (cold resist), diamond (guardian resist).
Ah, alright, thanks! And yeah, Koroks are kinda nice to have as a sort of a pin on your map for visited places, but at least I can stop circling around trees and picking up every rock.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I really hope Zelda herself features heavily in the story DLC because she is by far one of the more interesting characters this series has ever had. Hell, it'd be awesome if she went full STEM and took on a role similar to Cherry

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Runcible Cat posted:

Is this a fourth armor slot? If not why would I wear it over my armor that already does this?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

parallelodad posted:

Is this a fourth armor slot? If not why would I wear it over my armor that already does this?

Fashion. There's zero downside to wearing the earrings over the soldier headpiece as they have the same def for instance and the soldier set has no set bonus.

Also a place for people to get pieces that are difficult to find in the overworld. It is easier to unlock the shop and get those headpieces than it is to find any of the armor they duplicate except for the Rito cold resist one.

Rubber hood is in a random shrine, Zora hat is in a lake with no quest or directon to get to, Heat res hat is in two hard to unlock optional shops, ancient helm costs a fuckton more than the diadem.

Zore fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 14, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

parallelodad posted:

It takes up your head slot, but the jewelry has the same defense as the Hylian Hood and most other headgear, so there's no reason not to unless you need a set bonus.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 14, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I love my horses TSwift and Sephiroth

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Yeah I think if I end up guiding it I'll wait until I'm well and truly frustrated with it, but I've got some ideas (which is to say, giant empty spots on the map) to investigate first and I'm not in any rush.

If you sit with your map, you can find all shrines without a guide. Don't rely on the sensor as they'll probably be quests if you're that close. There were several that I solved without actually even finding the quest giver just because of finding something out of place. At the 114 mark or so I just started exploring any swathes of the map that didn't have a shrine or a korok seed marked on it and it took about an hour per shrine to find.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Spoiler for a secret in a shrine quest.

One of my favourite moments in the game. Solving the North East maze, going underground to the room full of broken guardians and opening the chest to find the Diamond circlet. I think to myself "Oh cool," then I read the effect.

The moment I realised just how hosed I was was a sight to behold.

Equip circlet, book it back to the ladder, survive on half a heart.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The game was making me nostalgic and I went to check my 3ds. Never realised how much of a Zelda machine the 3ds is. There's Zelda, Zelda II, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, ALBW and Hyrule Warriors on it.

Also made me realise how many times I've paid for some of these games though :cripes:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

The game was making me nostalgic and I went to check my 3ds. Never realised how much of a Zelda machine the 3ds is. There's Zelda, Zelda II, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoA, OoS, ALBW and Hyrule Warriors on it.

Also made me realise how many times I've paid for some of these games though :cripes:

Also Triforce Heroes, Minish Cap (Ambassador game), Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks...

I think its literally every mainline Zelda except for WW, TP, SS and BotW.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sorry Lady, Roscoe's gotta go in a hole and not the one you seem to want him in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did my first Divine Beast, the elephant machine. Wow boss battles in this game are not good, I just gave up and spammed bombs at the Ruto boss, I was sick to death of getting stumbled off the loving platforms.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VgBz9XiT6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3CsGbtifZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAv9c8U2vXQ

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zore posted:

Fashion. There's zero downside to wearing the earrings over the soldier headpiece as they have the same def for instance and the soldier set has no set bonus.

Also a place for people to get pieces that are difficult to find in the overworld. It is easier to unlock the shop and get those headpieces than it is to find any of the armor they duplicate except for the Rito cold resist one.
They're also easier to upgrade. I've got my amber earrings at 3rd level but I'm still hunting for monster parts for the soldier helm.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

did my first Divine Beast, the elephant machine. Wow boss battles in this game are not good, I just gave up and spammed bombs at the Ruto boss, I was sick to death of getting stumbled off the loving platforms.

Smash ice blocks with Cryonis -> arrow to the eye -> beat up with sword(s)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know where you get the shrine quest "Into the Vortex"? Done the shrine but have 41/42 quests and looking around that's the one I'm missing.

e: found it. turns out there's a marker right near the orb you gotta move

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 14, 2017

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I'm the hero of time and you guys should show me some respect. Anyway, here's wonderwall.

Cojawfee posted:

"Congratulations, Hero of Time. I will now grant you one wish."

"I wish Zelda had really huge tits."

The Legend of Zelda: Breast of the Wild

Cojawfee posted:

And you may ask yourself
Where is that switch pro controller?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful switch
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful joycon

Letting the launch go by
Let the WiiU hold me down

Cojawfee posted:

It's called "Breath of the Wild" maybe it's just a game where you collect various kinds of mints because Link's breath stinks.

Cojawfee posted:

Does Lonk get to gently caress or not?

Cojawfee posted:

I feel like Chuchus aren't really enemies. They are just big dumbos who don't know what they are doing. I've stopped actively fighting them. Since then, I've notice that they seem to have no malice towards me at all. The bokoblins and lizalfos and what have you get mad as soon as they see me and come attack. Even the keese get pissed off and come to attack me. The Chuchus seem to just be excited that someone is around and they come bouncing towards me. I let one of the normal blue guys hit me and he doesn't even attack. He just sort of jumps in my direction and it just happens to hurt. They just want some friends.

Cojawfee posted:

"Step right up and buy some bananas!"

Yeah sure bro. Just let me put my armor on and pick out a good weapon first.

Cojawfee posted:

If you don't drop the rock back on the Korok so it says "ouch," gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

:hai: