Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

In the US she would have made it halfway around before a beefy security guard did a full speed take down and put her in cuffs while people with cell phone cameras shouted "WORLDSTAR" :911:

Nah, she's white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

chitoryu12 posted:

Nah, she's white.

So she wouldn't win a race in America anyway.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Not since the 19th century

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Chichevache posted:

except the one that matters

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
"you're doing it wrong"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKzbjDdkOzY

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
In case anyone missed it, here's a nice capsule summary of Uber's fuckedness.

There is also a 31-page document regarding the suit.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Scruff McGruff posted:

Dude still 100% loves Nixon. Here's him talking about watching the apology speech Nixon gave his staff after Watergate wrapped up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7KWzOgnf8&t=4482s

"I don't think any president has been more wrongly persecuted than Nixon. Ever. I just, I think he was a saint."

gently caress Ben Stein.

Jesus gently caress that is a man with absolutely no shame. We may not have Dick Nixon to kick around any more, but Stein's an equally deserving target.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Someone hire that guy for their team.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Goddammit Charlie!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm the much less entertaining but also just as important yellow man.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That's gotta be faked or a planned bit. No way that many sports people gently caress that up. The multiple slips and trips at the end. I want it to be real though.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

poly and open-minded posted:

if your argument relies on michael j fox being normal, it's a little shaky

....I laughed. Am I going to hell?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Council: pay your land rates, idiots

Religious cranks: the land is owned by God and that paying rates would mean bowing to a false god.

Council: ok those properties are ours now, and we're selling them to recoup our money.

Council to sell 'God's properties' for unpaid rates

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I hadn't heard of this story but somehow know it was from Tassie as soon as I read it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

Religious cranks: the land is owned by God and that paying rates would mean bowing to a false god.

Council: ok those properties are ours now, and we're selling them to recoup our money.

God, like, the Christian God?

I’m p. sure Jesus addressed that exact subject.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
These are probably the same people that think Jesus was talking about a gate in the parable of the rich man going to heaven so I don't think his words mean much to them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Memento posted:

I like how even a cheap empty block there is getting close to 6 figures. All for less than 10k in taxes.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

slightly NSFW for streaker arse so I'll link it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqere4JDuJo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hey, let's tackle this guy in a way that virtually guarantees he'll sue us, and win too.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey, let's tackle this guy in a way that virtually guarantees he'll sue us, and win too.

Security at Fenway Park does not play games.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Good luck finding a judge or jury who will side with you against anyone even tangentially related to the Sox.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Scruff McGruff posted:

Dude still 100% loves Nixon. Here's him talking about watching the apology speech Nixon gave his staff after Watergate wrapped up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7KWzOgnf8&t=4482s

"I don't think any president has been more wrongly persecuted than Nixon. Ever. I just, I think he was a saint."

gently caress Ben Stein.

"Those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself."

Yeah, pretty apt coming from a guy who had a loving Enemies List. Can't argue with the last part I guess. :byewhore:

Ben Stein is the worst kind of dumbass: one that thinks he's smart (or that his academic degrees automatically prove his intelligence) and is smug about it. He's a douche, and has been doubling-down on the Nixon poo poo for forty years. Literally the only other person I can think of that is as unapologetic about Nixon is Roger Stone, and that's not good company.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not a lawyer but pretty sure stadium security gets a ton of leeway since you never know if some loon has a knife.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

In a similar, more positive vein, a Scottish runner won her first gold medal and they tried to prevent her from taking her traditional victory lap due to a presumed lack of time. She just ran past the woman trying to block her and kept going.

"I tell you if a Serbian had won a medal, you bet you there would have been a lap of honour, and I'm not being... you know, uh, against the locals"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zakharov posted:

Not a lawyer but pretty sure stadium security gets a ton of leeway since you never know if some loon has a knife.

They can't drag him to the back and beat his rear end, but a tackle like that is totally legal. Guy has no reason to be there.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zipperelli. posted:

Security at Fenway Park does not play games.

Pretty sure Fenway Park does play games, by definition.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Found in the NC thread:

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011

Hyperlynx posted:

"I tell you if a Serbian had won a medal, you bet you there would have been a lap of honour, and I'm not being... you know, uh, against the locals"

Haha wtf. I watched it on mute the first time. But yep, he loving says that. Jesus.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

Found in the NC thread:

I feel for him, i really do

I feel that he's a lovely dude that deserves his problems for coming up with a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm still wondering where the hell they thought these people peed in the last 30-40 years.

Also wondering why the hell it matters.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Security stopped being polite after Monica Seles got stabbed.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
gently caress people who jump in to the arena, a Red Sox game is already way too long.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Pretty sure Fenway Park does play games, by definition.

Are you trolling or did you legit miss the first 2 loving words of my post?

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

Are you trolling or did you legit miss the first 2 loving words of my post?

Woosh?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, that's a good tackle right there. Security puts his shoulder into center mass and wraps. Probably scared the poo poo out of the idiot but that's not gonna actually hurt any.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkpOxb56Jq4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Skates left the ice. He's gonna be getting a letter from the league about that one!