Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I can't remember what the original was from? This thread or the anon confession thread.

like all of the funniest things from these forums, fyad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

that loving post gets me every time.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MF_James posted:

*grinds down the entire side of the effiel tower* ya keep the change kid lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 17, 2017

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ok, this was worth every bizarre incoherent post

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
:discourse:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hoooooly fuuuuuuuuuuck

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
the reddit thread truly is the gift that keeps on giving

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Pick's licies + that comic made my day.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Lmao, you are extremely good now

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Sounds like this guy made a reddit thread.

This triggers me more than the lice and bot fly larvae.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

good lord

stump collector
May 28, 2007

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this was not a thread I expected to get fanart

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm frankly shocked it took almost eight hundred pages

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I always knew Elsa secretly ruled.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The Rainman of the r/elationships thread.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
:holymoley:

Your comics are so much better than your text posting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Elsa should get a probation if the text posting comes back.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

:five:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

quote:

My [27/M] insistence that my fiancé’s [26/F] sister [22/F] not come to our wedding is causing a lot of drama. Am I wrong?

My soon-to-be SIL “Jill” recently finished college and has been loafing for a while. She has decided that she wants to become a YouTube prankster and make millions of dollars and become a professional spokesperson through her videos. Problem is, she has no talent, no drive and no ability. Her “videos” are crap and have almost no views. Jill felt that scaring & pranking her family would be the ticket and basically drove them nuts. Once they all but told her the next video would result in her being kicked-out, she turned on other people. She escalated to ‘physical pranks’ which is why I don’t want her at my wedding.

A couple of months ago, she came over for brunch. She went to “lay down” while my fiancé and mother made brunch and I took a shower. Little did I know that Jill had bought margarine, buttered the floor and set a camera to catch the mayhem. Well, not knowing to expect a greasy floor, I slipped. I hit my head on the floor, dislocated my left shoulder, cracked a rib, opened a small gash on my head, above my ear, loosened two teeth and bit my tongue. My MIL & fiancé called 9/11, which was spectacular. The firemen & paramedics were cordial but confused, as I lay naked and greasy on a bathroom floor. The police read my sister the riot act downstairs and called her everything from irresponsible to stupid.

Spent my whole Saturday in the ER, but was released and there’s no long-term damage. Except the shame that comes with my MIL, FIL and SIL having seen me naked, coated in margarine while writhing on a floor. My SIL only really offered a half-hearted apology – she explained why the prank failed and why she wouldn’t do it again, and that she regrets what happened.

When we were planning our wedding, I told my fiancé that I wasn’t going to have her present, that I didn’t need someone who acted like that at my wedding and I didn’t want her around. My fiancé is upset that I won’t reconsider, and both my MIL and FIL have spoken to me about this. I told them that until I get a satisfactory apology, I’m not going to budget. I don’t feel that I should have to reconsider having someone who made such a stupid move and won’t even apologize. Am I wrong here?

tl;dr: Future SIL saw a prank video where someone buttered a floor. She did it to me and injured me. I refuse to have her at the wedding until she apologizes and it's causing family drama.

IT"S A PRANK FUTURE BRO

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My (22F) girlfriend of two years (23F) consistently lies about me to our friends.

quote:

I've been dating my girlfriend Maggie for two years. I love her with all of my heart and we talk about a future together very often. We have had issues in the past in our relationship - we both have anxiety disorders, she has anger management issues and my family is not accepting of our relationship, which has been a common theme in many of our arguments. Last month, we were stronger in our relationship than ever before. I was planning on moving in May 1st and getting engaged this summer had been a popular item of discussion for us during this time.
Maggie has this best friend Courtney (24F), who I have never seen eye-to-eye with. She has an aggressive personality, does a fair amount of drugs on a daily basis (which she relentlessly pressures Maggie into as well) and doesn't get along with a lot of people and starts a lot of drama. Last month, Courtney and her girlfriend split up, so Courtney has been around Maggie constantly - she slept at Maggie's house 4x last week (in Maggie's bed when she has a finished guest room everyone else stays in) when she lives a 5 min drive away and is always there when I am.
This is not the first time this has happened; Courtney has split up with her girlfriend four times in the span of our relationship, and each time she has done so, she practically camps out at Maggie's place until they get back together, despite having her own apartment. Maggie and I have gotten in countless arguments over this in the past because it has negatively impacted or ruined several planned dates and since Courtney is always there, we get very little alone-time when she is.
I get along with almost anyone and absolutely love all of my girlfriend's other friends. Courtney is one of Maggie's oldest and best friends so I wanted to make an effort with her this time. I offered to my girlfriend that we all meet up and have coffees (my treat), clear the air and start over with a blank slate. Maggie laughed at me and said it was a dumb idea and then told Courtney and they agreed and said everything was fine, so I gave up on that idea.
Last week we had our first real date in months, just out to a restaurant for dinner. It had been our only alone time in over two weeks. Nevertheless, Maggie double-booked with Courtney and asked me to go with them to the town skate park after dinner so they could skateboard on boards they found on Maggie's basement. I said no - it was colder out, dark, we all don't skateboard and it was date night and I didn't want to see Courtney's face for just one night.
After I had offered several solutions (rescheduling, hanging out at one of our places, etc.) and Maggie was still shooting them all down, I snapped and said, "which plans matter the most to you?" That seemed to get her attention. She apologized to me profusely, and dropped me at her place and she went to explain the situation to Courtney.
That's the story I was told by Maggie. Two of my mutual friends have now come forward and told me that they're sick of her lies and sneakiness and that she told them that I had requested we meet up to talk and then bailed when they'd gone out of their way to accommodate me. I was never told that was the plan and would've gladly agreed to it in that case. When I asked Maggie about it, she dodged the question politician-style.
Our friends also told me that the same night, when she'd dropped me at home, she went to Courtney's house and confessed her love for her and planned to come back and tell me this so I'd break up with her.
I also found out she was making up lies about our sex life and telling people she was trying to figure out ways to get me not to move in with her, when she has been asking me to for months.
These lies all stem from the past two weeks. I knew she lied, but I didn't think she was lying about me and trying to make me look bad until I was told this. I don't know what to do, I love her but I'm feeling like enough is enough.
Should I break it off or try to give it another go? Either way I have to confront her about these lies. Can anyone offer any advice with dealing with compulsive liars?
Thanks Reddit! Hope you can help me out with this.
TL;DR; girlfriend of two years spreading slanderous lies about me to all of our friends.

She's uh, she's bonkers my dude.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't invite that bitch to my wedding either, apology or no lol

counterprank: you're uninvited! :v:

quote:

Can anyone offer any advice with dealing with compulsive liars?

:sever:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Incoherence posted:

:holymoley:

Your comics are so much better than your text posting.

Actually he made that same Old McDonald joke in text and it was pretty drat good, comic makes it better. He's funny and also hosed up in the head and what's more something awful than that?

chumbler posted:

I'm not an r/childfree type of person (though likely will never end up having kids) and understand that people who have kids certainly have a rougher time of it, but yeah it's hard to not feel a little bit of resentment when the general atmosphere of American work culture is that not having kids basically means your time doesn't matter and you never have a good excuse to take time off or not be constantly working. That's not to say the culture is on the whole really any friendlier to parents (particularly mothers), but it's still a hard emotion to shake off.

I'm not a parent but I can see that being a parent is really quite difficult and it is reasonable to give some leeway to people dealing with that. No, your steam accomplishments are not as important as caring for an actual child. That being said it shouldn't be abused.

Barudak posted:

Just have some decency and gently caress your sugar daddy. Goddamn kids these days, no respect for their lecherous, lifestyle enabling elders.

lmbo right

I have a festival friend who is the raddest guy ever but he doesn't work at all and charges old men for sex and brags about it quite frequently. Kinda puts me off, I often want to tell him that's great dude but feel free to keep it to yourself we already know you're a big gay whore further details unnecessary

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

La Brea Carpet posted:

IT"S A PRANK FUTURE BRO

Holy poo poo. I would not allow this woman in the same state as me, let alone at my wedding, in his shoes. It is absolutely motherfucking insane that anyone involved, especially his fiancee, wants her at the wedding after what she did. :eyepop:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

What, it's NBD, just a little attempted murder between family

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol @ comic, I feel guilty laughing at that one but it's perfect

MF_James posted:

You have me reading old posts by him:

quote:

hey rear end in a top hat i didn’t go to all the trouble of making this Friends RTS mod just so you could spam Joeys at me the entire time

quote:

smashmouth – all star conspicuous by its absence from Dan brown’s new film ‘Avatar’ A Situation I easily remedied w/ my own bOOMBOX+courage

quote:

DEAR BLOG. ME RAPIDLY SHIFTING MY FIGHTING STANCE AS 7 SMART CARS AGGRESSIVELY CIRCLE AROUND ME AT THE DENTIST OFFICE PARKING LOT TODAY

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

La Brea Carpet posted:

IT"S A PRANK FUTURE BRO

If my sister did this she'd be uninvited full stop and I'd be mighty tempted to recruit members of the wedding party to keep an eye out for her the day of. That guy is lucky he didn't die with such an insane prank. He could've hit his head the wrong way and it would've been curtains.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Holy moly lmao

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Tiny Deer posted:

What, it's NBD, just a little attempted murder between family

I wouldn't call it attempted murder (even if she could have died) but I'd still definitely call it an assault

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invite her to the wedding on the grounds she submits a guilty plea for attempted murder.

Then dont let her to the wedding because it was a prank.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, the most amazing (actually horrifying) part is dude's future SIL is like "Oh, sucks that my prank didn't proceed as I planned" while totally ignoring that she's lucky to not have murdered him.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that's why you always wear non-slip shoes in the kitchen!!! :discourse:

quote:

DEAR BLOG. ME RAPIDLY SHIFTING MY FIGHTING STANCE AS 7 SMART CARS AGGRESSIVELY CIRCLE AROUND ME AT THE DENTIST OFFICE PARKING LOT TODAY

lol

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yeah, the most amazing (actually horrifying) part is dude's future SIL is like "Oh, sucks that my prank didn't proceed as I planned" while totally ignoring that she's lucky to not have murdered him.

Or not murdering was the failure.

Admit it, you'd click on a youtube vid titled, "KILLED MY SISTER'S FIANCE?? I'M IN loving JAIL!!![prank gone wrong][gone sexual][cute lil dick]"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

many johnnys posted:

I wouldn't call it attempted murder (even if she could have died) but I'd still definitely call it an assault

Yeah I used some hyperbole there

He still could have totally loving ate poo poo and died, then there's no wedding, just a court case.

I wonder if they'd be on her side if she did kill him. Probably, based on the enabling so far.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
tbf she prolly woulda got hella views

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Conflicted about Elsa in the same way I laugh about a manic friend's antics but also fear them?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'd watch the gently caress out of that, no question

Das Boo posted:

Conflicted about Elsa in the same way I laugh about a manic friend's antics but also fear them?

I think you've grasped the concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

IT"S A PRANK FUTURE BRO

Trying desperately to find this one I ran into a chain of returns from /r/fatpeoplestories/

it's... exactly what you'd think

54 40 or gently caress posted:

If my sister did this she'd be uninvited full stop and I'd be mighty tempted to recruit members of the wedding party to keep an eye out for her the day of. That guy is lucky he didn't die with such an insane prank. He could've hit his head the wrong way and it would've been curtains.

I'd hit the brakes on marrying anyone who gave me the slightest poo poo about uninviting her posthaste, too

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 14, 2017