Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Play posted:

I think you've grasped the concept

I am making more progress than the subjects of this thread! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Is /r/fatpeoplestories just a thinly veiled /r/fatpeoplehate remake but without actively pursuing them and cyber bullying them?

Because I'm totally down for that.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Conflicted about Elsa in the same way I laugh about a manic friend's antics but also fear them?

:same:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Nazzadan posted:

Is /r/fatpeoplestories just a thinly veiled /r/fatpeoplehate remake but without actively pursuing them and cyber bullying them?

I dunno. Health at every size (read: landwhale) and fat acceptance people should be ceaselessly mocked and shamed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

I dunno. Health at every size (read: landwhale) and fat acceptance people should be ceaselessly mocked and shamed.

- Voltaire

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I [M16] have a very hard time trying to have romantic relationships with girls, but yet have no problem initiating it with guys.

quote:

Every time I have an interest in a girl, I can barely even form a simple 'You look nice' let alone initiate a romantic relationship. It is strange however, because often I can flirt very open with guys. (And occasionally with girls that I don't have romantic interests)
I guess it started around the Junior High age, where I wasn't very attractive or popular, basically the preteen version of a neckbeard. I had little to no confidence. One time at a dance I worked up the nerve to ask my crush for a dance, and later to start dating. For the first it was a yes, and the latter a no. I felt really hurt and lost all confidence with myself, to find out later that week she started dating someone else.
It's been a couple years from that and I have since moved on and out to a different part of the state. I went through a major change in personality, appearance, and style my underclassmen years. Now I get constant compliments from strangers, close friends, recently met people, customers, and coworkers. Yet it's often a shocker when I tell people that I'm not in a relationship, a virgin, that I haven't dated anyone, or that I didn't get my first kiss till sophomore year.
My close friends are constantly telling me to start dating someone. I tell them I have an interest in someone, and they say they will help me. Even my mother has badgered me about not dating anyone. But I can't even get a number from a random girl at a skate park who had an interest in me. I could barely work up the confidence to give a female crush a rose.
I need some help with myself. How can I improve my confidence with girls?
How can I be able to serenade a male crush, yet can barely even compliment a female crush?
How can I improve my self-esteem and how I feel about my self-image?
tl;dr: I went through an ugly-duckling transformation and I am viewed as attractive. I don't have any confidence with female crushes, but I am open and confident with male crushes.
*crosses legs, taps pen against chin*
Perhaps...
*takes off glasses*
You are a homosexual?

Here is a pic of the lad, a Whovian I believe they refer to themselves as.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Every time I have an interest in a girl, I can barely even form a simple 'You look nice' let alone initiate a romantic relationship. It is strange however, because often I can flirt very open with guys.

How can I be able to serenade a male crush, yet can barely even compliment a female crush?

hmm

tbh I dunno if this guy is gay so much as he just has a total lack of self confidence that causes him to freeze up when it involves talking to someone he actually likes (versus joking around with dudes or with girls he isn't attracted to).

maybe bi.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I like that little whovian boy talks like he's in his twenties. Lol "a couple years" like he's an old soul, yet still a virgin at the ripe old age of 16.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

He reminds me of me in high school, sweet lamb.

I mean he's pretty cute in an awkward way, there are a lot of girls and guys who go for that. I'm rooting for you, you awful little nerd. Burn that bowtie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nazzadan posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Okay, I didn't really think out that strikeout but there is a 100% chance that it is just r/fatpeoplehate again

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

He reminds me of me in high school, sweet lamb.

I mean he's pretty cute in an awkward way, there are a lot of girls and guys who go for that. I'm rooting for you, you awful little nerd. Burn that bowtie.

I'm hoping that was just a one time cosplay thing and not his every day look... he'd be just fine if he dressed better and got a haircut.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
He's 16, who cares. You're allowed to be awkward in high school

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

IT"S A PRANK FUTURE BRO

Okay okay she's invited to the wedding but I'm going to press charges.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

There are some good ones like the adventures of caterham that are basically stories of health at any size dipshits doing exactly what you'd think they'd be doing, a lot of them are probably made up but you could still imagine that somewhere out there that person exists.

afaik there's no cyberbullying, just people telling stories. Tho I'm guessing a lot of the people are oddly obsessed with hating on fat people and it makes for some bad narrators, i've only seen copy/pasted highlights.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 14, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Das Boo posted:

I am making more progress than the subjects of this thread! :toot:

Well stop it, we need more train wrecks to gawk at.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ex gf[16f] broke up with me [19m] because of her commitment issues. Worth trying to get back together?

quote:

Hey fellow redditers! So I started going out with this girl who I roller skate with about a month ago. She's a really awesome, cool, and laid back person and we got along great as friends. So after a while if being friends she confessed her feelings for me and being that I kind of liked her I asked her out and ended up becoming bf/ gf with each other.
So fast forwarding to 2 days ago, she broke up with me. Prior to that everything was going really smooth! So why did she break up with me you might ask? She claimed it was her problem with commitment and how she is afraid of getting hurt etc. my problem with this is that I think it's bs and she's gonna have to get over it eventually! So after I cooled my jets from being mad I was able to talk it out with her in a civil matter and we continue to talk ad friends....
So, my question is should I just bite the bullet and move on? Or should I atleast make an attempt to see if she wants to go back out. One point in time she told me that if she were to try to try to breakup with me because of her problems I would have to fight her on it, but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do or not!
Tl;dr -Gf breaks up with me because of commitment issues -told me at one point to fight her on that if it happens -doesn't know if I should just let her go or make attempt

Okay, the issue here isn't so much the agegap, but the poo poo he is expecting from someone that age.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bubblyblubber posted:

Scientists be running around all like "man, what is the coldest thing ever probly 0 Kelvin right it must be impossible to observe such a thing" and all they needed to do was check reddit smdh

Fiance [28F] of 9 years called off wedding last night, confessed to cheating several times six months ago, I'm thinking about trying to give it one more shot but I don't know? Infidelity

I picture this ice cold killer lady taking very long dramatic pauses between naming the gently caress places.

this is the problem with having a long term relationship for all of your twenties, no enjoying yourself or experimentation.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

this is the problem with having a long term relationship for all of your twenties, no enjoying yourself or experimentation.

yea

problem with early marriage also is that hey you grow/develop as a person well into your 20s and who you are at 30 might be totally different from who you are at 22 and you might find you are no longer as compatible.

I mean hopefully you're always growing and developing but you probably aren't gonna be radically different at 50 than you were at 40 you know.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Bubblyblubber posted:

It's long as gently caress and insufferable with the simultaneous third person pronouns, but I got to the bolded part in the middle and almost did a spit take with my tea and now I think this is the best summer movie script of all time.

Husband and Wife discussing divorce. Here is our situation; we would appreciate feedback/insight/suggestions.

Just :sever:, you Borg rear end motherfuckers. Go serve as life lessons to naive people around the world.

Husband is sad.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

JFairfax posted:

I wouldn't say it's 'no enjoying yourself', just that you never really get to learn first hand that the grass only looks greener until you're standing in it. It's not that they woulda been having a better or more fulfilling life outside the relationship it's just they lack the experience to understand that their view of how things might be outside of the relationship is probably a whole lot different than the reality.

not to say that you should stay in a miserable/unfulfilling relationship out of a sense that things could only be worse of course, just that I think a lot of people who get that wanderlust come to regret giving up a pretty good thing when it's all said and done.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Nazzadan posted:

You are a homosexual?

Here is a pic of the lad, a Whovian I believe they refer to themselves as.

You posted a sexually confused teenager's photo in a mock thread, why, exactly? :colbert:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Moridin920 posted:

yea

problem with early marriage also is that hey you grow/develop as a person well into your 20s and who you are at 30 might be totally different from who you are at 22 and you might find you are no longer as compatible.

I mean hopefully you're always growing and developing but you probably aren't gonna be radically different at 50 than you were at 40 you know.

I just mentally ran through the dudes I seriously dated before the age of 25 and basically want to die thinking about having married any of them.

Like they weren't remotely bad dudes, at all, and we were in love...but god drat, you just change a lot in your twenties.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Sounds like this guy made a reddit thread.

Why does this guy have 17 loofahs, though?!?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

cyberia posted:

Why does this guy have 17 loofahs, though?!?

Sanding and refinishing the shower stall, duh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
one for each square cm of taint

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Me [22F] with my boyfriend [23M] of 6 years, do I have the right to be upset or am I being to sensitive?

quote:

Well first of all I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 years. English isn't my first language so sorry if i'm not making any sense. I will make this short. My sister "Jane" is dating my boyfriends brother "Tommy". We're all planning to take my little sister "Sandy" to a concert for her birthday. But it turns out thiers another concert going on the same day and my boyfriend really wants to go see them.

Two days ago my boyfriend tells me "do you want to go with your sisters to the concert and I will go with my brother?" I said yeah and did't pay much attention to it. Jane and Tommy come home. Jane tells me "so are you gonna take Sandy to see blank's concert?" I tell her "yeah were all gonna take her" I was a bit confused and Jane looks at Tommy weird.

Now I know what's going on. My boyfriend wants to go see this other concert with his brother Tommy. He's been telling Tommy that he wants to go see this concert with him a couple of times. Tommy had already told my bf no and he told him to take me. But said no.

tl;dr: I don't know why but this really upset me. Am I allowed to be mad over this or am I being to sensitive?

Can anyone decipher what the hell happened here

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Weddings! Horrible parents!

quote:

An engagement party was thrown for us last Saturday and it was a train wreck when it came to interactions between my family and FH's.

First, my parents' flight was delayed multiple times and in the end they didn't land until right before the party was supposed to start. Then they learned that their baggage was lost. They had been wearing comfy stuff for the flight so they went to Target for clothes to wear. My dad wore a white button-down shirt, black pants, black shoes and socks and a black tie. My mom got a blue dress and some nice nude flats and a nice necklace. Sounds pretty respectable considering the circumstances, right? I thought they looked great.

Well when they arrived I happened to be in the restroom, but my apparently I missed a great time. There was a size tag stuck to the back of dad's shirt and apparently FMIL pointed it out. She then asked if my parents were planning on wearing the clothes and then returning them, and then said if they're going to do that they should have at least bought dad a jacket to hide the tags. I'm told my parents handled it gracefully and explained the situation. My sister said that FMIL then muttered something about excuses and as far as she could tell my parents just pretended they didn't hear it. Neither FH or I were there for that.

MOH said that shortly after they arrived my dad excused himself to call the hotel and let them know they were still coming since they hadn't had a chance to check in. FFIL asked where he was going, MOH started to explain, and apparently FMIL interrupted MOH and said "Probably trying to get a room at the Motel 8 for the night" and then started talking about how she hates it when people are irresponsible and don't make plans ahead of time. At first I was thinking maybe MOH misinterpreted something or was exaggerating, but my sister corroborated the story pretty clearly.

Then apparently during cocktail hour FMIL and FFIL asked my parents what they are getting us for the wedding and said they want to avoid duplicate gifts. Spoiler alert, turns out my parents are getting us an RV (we had no idea and are officially thrilled, we've been talking about wanting one for several years). Apparently FFIL laughed and told them that they might want to check out prices before they commit to anything because for a teacher and a trucker a good tent might be more in their budget. FMIL then said that she has seen a lot of nice tents at Walmart under $100. Again neither FH or I were there and didn't find out about this until later.

That in particular probably struck a nerve with my parents. My dad owns a trucking company with hundreds of employees. He worked very hard to make it a success and is very proud of his team. My mom is a doctor but retired from practicing a couple of years ago and she now volunteers at schools doing sex ex and drug/alcohol talks. But even if they were "a trucker and a teacher" there is nothing wrong with those professions, so FILs laughing at them and implying things about their finances is just plain rude.

There was then an incident that FH and I were there for, in fact everyone was. There was a toast for us and as everyone stood up, FH's younger sister knocked her drink onto my dad as she stood. He went to the restroom and my mom went to see if she could get club soda. Instead of apologizing for it (their daughter was the one who spilled) or trying to help, FFIL said loudly "That must have been their cute that they're going to get frisky by the restrooms" and he and FMIL both laughed. Everyone else just stood there in silence awkwardly. FH was furious and immediately yanked them into the hallway to have some words with them.

They didn't say anything for the rest of the evening until the end of the night. My parents used to live next to MOH's family when we were growing up (before my parents moved out of state) and MOH's parents wanted to see mine but couldn't attend the party. So we had arranged to all have breakfast together. FH had invited his parents, but they declined because they were having breakfast with some other friends while they were in town (and we relayed that to everyone else when getting the head count, so my parents knew FILs couldn't attend).
But at the end of the night my parents asked MOH if she knew what the plan was for breakfast, apparently FMIL and FFIL jumped into the conversation saying they thought it was rude of my parents to discuss plans right in front of them that they weren't invited to. MOH said she tried to jump in and say sorry, she thought that FH had already asked them and they said they had other plans. FMIL said that's true, they do have other plans, my parents don't know that so my parents were still being "classless." At that point my parents excused themselves and left.

We figured they were just tired from traveling or in a hurry to get to their hotel or something. We didn't know any of this until everyone else was gone except my sister and MOH who told us all this stuff. FH called his parents that night, they told him they were too tired to talk and refused to discuss it. They again refused to talk about it on Sunday saying that it's none of our business, it's between my parents and them and hung up on FH. FH tried calling again yesterday but they didn't answer. He said he's not going to let it go, he's going to deal with this with them.

I'm honestly shocked. I've never seen his parents act this way and he said he hasn't either. He said he wonders if they had been drinking (they used to have issues with alcohol and now don't really drink).
I don't know what to do.

Usually the fiance would be a spineless wimp in this story so that's a refreshing change. Hope these two like not being invited to the wedding.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Danaru posted:

Me [22F] with my boyfriend [23M] of 6 years, do I have the right to be upset or am I being to sensitive?

Girlfriend want to take her little sister to a concert, boyfriend wants to go to another concert on the same day, I guess

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Danaru posted:

the bf and the brother wanted to go to another concert, she said it was ok because she wasnt paying attention and now she is confused

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

yes

for that first part

they're still viciously harassing fat people for having the temerity to eat too much food

it's kind of like how creepshots, jailbait, and coontown never actually went away, they just popped up with different names on another part of reddit.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 15, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Making fun of people for their life decisions is not the same as pedophilia hth

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It's obnoxious as hell at the very least

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

zakharov posted:

Usually the fiance would be a spineless wimp in this story so that's a refreshing change. Hope these two like not being invited to the wedding.

Dear god this is almost cartoon-mustache-twirlingly hostile, there must be some backstory to their behavior or expectations

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Psycho Society posted:

Making fun of people for their life decisions is not the same as pedophilia hth

"hey guys, everything I do is okay as long as I'm not loving little kids!"

other things not the same as pedophilia;

* racism
* homophobia
* literal, actual murder

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

datajugend posted:

the bf and the brother wanted to go to another concert, she said it was ok because she wasnt paying attention and now she is confused

bf didn't tell his brother that he wasn't going to the concert with his little sister that he was going to go to then he decided to go to another concert but his gf is taking his brothers girlfriend (her sister) and her boyfriend's little sister to another concert. Boyfriend's brother's little sister then wants to go with girlfriend and her sister but her cousin said she shouldn't she should go to the original concert however her sister, her boyfriend's brother's girlfriend, and also her sister's boyfriend's little sister, changed their mind to go to the second concert.

Now that I've explained it so clearly it's obvious that girlfriend is upset about this I mean wouldn't you be??

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

zakharov posted:

It's obnoxious as hell at the very least

lol have you looked at what thread you're in?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Mirthless posted:

"hey guys, everything I do is okay as long as I'm not loving little kids!"

other things not the same as pedophilia;

* racism
* homophobia
* literal, actual murder

Are you capable of talking about any concept in life at all without diving for the most ridiculous false equivalency you can find?

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Barudak posted:

Reminds me of that guy who sold shares of himself to other people so they could control what he did in life and his girlfriend had to buy a controlling interest in him to have him to herself as his friends kept using their voting bloc to make him party with them.

Wait wait, what? I missed this one, this idea has promise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

zakharov posted:

gently caress me, the only thing worst that those parents was the amount of abbreviations in that story.