Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How did I miss California having a public works service program? :psyduck:

Signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown in 1976, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
You can be fat in the military :)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're also idiot-proof and insanely accurate when the red dot scope is properly calibrated.

Gun falls over ONCE and you'll always be shooting at the moon regardless of where you're aiming.

Tv show talk: M.A.S.K. was insanely my poo poo, the song occasionally comes on in my head from nowhere and is then stuck there for most of the day.

Tebop (?) and the dumb kid annoyed me, though.

losing zero if they fall over isn't idiot proof

though unless they're built like the m14 it should be an easy fix (get a better optic)

PookBear fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 13, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ulmont posted:

Signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown in 1976, apparently.

Kalifornia Uber Alles indeed.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

A White Guy posted:

Short term, or rather after the C's, I might commission into the Navy, and the practical experience with dealing with an organization that is barely functional is handy to have.

Well at least you've proven that you can be in the right place.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

A White Guy posted:

I have a degree in Environmental Science, and the C's offer work experience and many certifications that are handy to have when seeking employment down the road. Red card, Faller, CPR cert, wild land fire fighting experience.I'm also a fat goon too, and the physical nature of the job is causing me to shed fat. I want to pursue a career with the USFS/BLM/NPS in the long term. Short term, or rather after the C's, I might commission into the Navy, and the practical experience with dealing with an organization that is barely functional is handy to have.

Otherwise, the only reason you should join this program is because you are a perpetual fuckup who failed to graduate high school. Provided you don't get shitcanned in the year you're here, you can come out with a diploma and scholarships. If you're really amazing, its not unheard of for this job to lead to jobs with the government or with private companies.

Or you're a vet and you can't live without complete nonsense in your life, but no matter how much you drink you can't convince yourself to reenlist. We have a few on center where I am, but most vets have the common sense to get a better job about 4 or 5 months in.

Will you consider posting an ask/tell or AMA or whatever in GIP?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zeris posted:

Seconded

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

I would read the heck outta this.

Also, if you're looking for thread title ideas "The CCC: Because not everyone can pass the ASVAB"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

I would read the heck outta this.

Also, if you're looking for thread title ideas "The CCC: Because not everyone can pass the ASVAB"

"The CCC: Because it's not Russia without the P"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"The CCC: Another reason to hate California"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

"The CCC: Because it's not Russia without the P"

This is legit clever and I love it

Also "The CCC, but Krusty said that the K sound was the best"

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is legit clever and I love it

Also "The CCC, but Krusty said that the K sound was the best"

One of the million simpsons scenes burned into my mind.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
"ya down with ccc? yea you know me"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'd read it. I have a morbid fascination with prisons and poo poo so I like reading all that stuff. Vicariously anyways. I don't think I would survive in prison. Not like raped wise but I'm sure I'd get shanked for flipping out on the wrong person.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Guys I was in basic training which is basically like prison so let me tell you all about how it would go...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Aranan posted:

Guys I was in basic training which is basically like prison so let me tell you all about how it would go...

You're gonna get yelled at in the shower and step in poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Quit CCClowning around - The Real Hotel California

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I made a thread. People in other CC's are welcome to post. I can't be the only goon who's in one.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Quit CCClowning around - The Real Hotel California

:drat:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

A White Guy posted:

I made a thread. People in other CC's are welcome to post. I can't be the only goon who's in one.

You may be the only one willing to admit it though :v:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A White Guy posted:

:drat:

Don't link it or anything, we all love a good scavenger hunt.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

"ya down with ccc? yea you know me"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus, I was shortlisted for the backcountry trails program awhile back, good thing I didn't make it.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

FrozenVent posted:

Don't link it or anything, we all love a good scavenger hunt.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813346

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus, I was shortlisted for the backcountry trails program awhile back, good thing I didn't make it.

I've heard real good things about it. Then again, they also told me there would be a fisheries crew at my center and a pool.

Its me, I'm the idiot.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Fat Leonard case still provides us with much needed idiocy. So many O's going to prison including a college classmate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...24e0_story.html

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Fat Leonard case still provides us with much needed idiocy. So many O's going to prison including a college classmate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...24e0_story.html

quote:

On another port visit by the Blue Ridge to Manila in February 2007, Francis allegedly hosted another sex party for officers in the MacArthur Suite of the Manila hotel. During the party, “historical memorabilia related to General Douglas MacArthur were used by the participants in sexual acts,” according to the indictment.

:stare:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
"Yo put this MacArthur bust up your rear end"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
After the Tokari midget nothing surprises me any more.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Well, MacArthur was a dildo, so...

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I was an idiot and read the comments. That being said, it was amusing even though I lost precious time from my life. The idiots are coming from inside the thread :frogdowns:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They have always been inside the thread.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Nostalgia t.v. Chat: Nickelodeon G.U.T.S. made the horrible choice to font all the contestants with first and last names. I know this because a few years ago we found out that like 70% of them are On Facebook and 0% like being reminded that they ate poo poo on the Agrocrag and lost to a girl.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Nostalgia t.v. Chat: Nickelodeon G.U.T.S. made the horrible choice to font all the contestants with first and last names. I know this because a few years ago we found out that like 70% of them are On Facebook and 0% like being reminded that they ate poo poo on the Agrocrag and lost to a girl.

That's fantastic. :allears:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

A White Guy posted:

I have a degree in Environmental Science, and the C's offer work experience and many certifications that are handy to have when seeking employment down the road. Red card, Faller, CPR cert, wild land fire fighting experience.I'm also a fat goon too, and the physical nature of the job is causing me to shed fat. I want to pursue a career with the USFS/BLM/NPS in the long term. Short term, or rather after the C's, I might commission into the Navy, and the practical experience with dealing with an organization that is barely functional is handy to have.

Otherwise, the only reason you should join this program is because you are a perpetual fuckup who failed to graduate high school. Provided you don't get shitcanned in the year you're here, you can come out with a diploma and scholarships. If you're really amazing, its not unheard of for this job to lead to jobs with the government or with private companies.

Or you're a vet and you can't live without complete nonsense in your life, but no matter how much you drink you can't convince yourself to reenlist. We have a few on center where I am, but most vets have the common sense to get a better job about 4 or 5 months in.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Enlist, get out, get degree, enlist again!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Who still has the Afro rag. This is important.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Agrocrag leaving it because wtf autocorrect.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I dunno but I hope the winners all have them set as their profile pictures. When you peak at 12 years old you don't let that fade.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
This thread was a great read. Thanks to all of you that contributed to it.

My ETS day was the best day of life and every day after is loving gravy.

"Laughs in DD 2-14"

Sickening fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 15, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got a call from a civilian contractor at Dobbins ARB today. We're doing certification testing for the Air Force, and she's our internal proctor (basically the person who logs the candidates into the testing system and makes sure they don't cheat). She was asking for the login info for the candidates, because she was trying to get them started on testing.

The testing is scheduled for tomorrow. The Master Sergeant in charge was told that we had scheduled testing for Thursday and the registration list with login info would be sent to the proctor the day before. He decided to just order her to get the guys started on testing Wednesday anyway, despite her being incapable of logging anyone into the system.

Also we had them fill out registration forms for all the candidates. The first page of the form has all of the contact and test site info and a box for one candidate's information, and the second page has space for 2 candidates' information. Our contact had a different MSgt. fill out the forms, and he just filled out the first page for a single person and left the second page blank so the ensuing stack of paper ended up 3x as large as it had to be, full of blank pages.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

A White Guy posted:

If you're already a veteran and you seriously think this is a good career move, you're stupid as hell.

If you have veteran's preference and a pulse, apply for every single fire job on USAJOBs. You may not get one in your state, but you'll get a GS2-GS3 position easy as hell. They don't give a poo poo if you already have a red card and faller's license because it takes like a week to train those. Take IS-100, IS-200, and IS-700 online and you'll already be ahead of the curve. CPR, seriously? Every organization anywhere teaches that in an afternoon. You have a degree, so you could pick up some lovely GS4/GS5 seasonal position no problem, again, if you're willing to work anywhere. Training is not the hard part for any of the basic wilderness skills things. Even WFR you can usually pick up for free or cheap at end of season in most land management agencies, and all the fire and basic first aid stuff is part of seasonal training.

If you're not a veteran and just a fat goon, you probably still would be better off doing something else than conservation corps for experience and to lose fat. Conservation corps is just to give people too stupid for the military six months of work experience so they can get a job at Walmart.