Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hinnox are kind of tough when you don't hit them in the eye. Mainly because I have no clue what is going on with the hitbox around their feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

does the Yiga clan just sit around all day rehearsing witty lead-ins to declaring their intent to kill Link?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This game was great from start to finish when i wasn't doing the rito part of the game. 8.8/10, -1 point for the lost pilgrimage and rushed rito stuff, and -.2 points for wolf link despawning every time you fast traveled or entered a village / shrine

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Internet Kraken posted:

Hinnox are kind of tough when you don't hit them in the eye. Mainly because I have no clue what is going on with the hitbox around their feet.

If they are have armor on their shins, you barely do damage, if any. If they're naked, go nuts. Some of them even only have one shin guard on so go for the other one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

If they are have armor on their shins, you barely do damage, if any. If they're naked, go nuts. Some of them even only have one shin guard on so go for the other one.

Armor on their shins is exciting as it's an excuse to easily stun them and do even more damage!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you can sometimes light their feet on fire

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zas posted:

you can sometimes light their feet on fire

Or electrocute them!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just got the tower for Gerudo Highlands. Holy poo poo that area is crazy. The tower itself for it is insane as well even though it was the easiest of any to get to the top of.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nah I mean how sometimes they can crush you just by moving their feet around. It doesn't seem very consistent. Like, I've had their feet literally clip with Link and not hurt me but other times I brush up against a toe and get flattened. Normally not an issue but if you don't hit them in the eye you're gonna be spending a lot of the time running between their legs and trying to stab them in the taint.

You can burn the shin guards off blue Hinox. Dunno if you can destroy the ones black Hinox wear but they make them vulnerable to electricity. Not sure why they gave them protection on their feet and not the giant glowing eyeball that makes fighting them trivial if you hit it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Help me not buy the ancient armor.

Oh god. I can kill guardians just fine but... I can't NOT have all the armor.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

the helmet is a shrine. you can't not buy it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

spit on my clit posted:

the helmet is a shrine. you can't not buy it.

Oh dang you are right.

Where are the Barbarian pants?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Getting all the armor in this game isn't very hard so you should get it.

E: All barbarian stuff is in the labyrinths.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I'm doing the Evertide Island challenge. I have no idea how to get a ball up Koholit Rock, and now I got the ball into the ocean and have no idea how to get it back on land. :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I'm doing the Evertide Island challenge. I have no idea how to get a ball up Koholit Rock, and now I got the ball into the ocean and have no idea how to get it back on land. :(

Are you talking about the one that's out in the water a bit? For that one you could try to golf it or do what I did. I chopped down that palm tree, grabbed the ball and then stood on top of the trunk. Eventually the tree floated out a bit and I was able to throw the ball onto the platform.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I got the ball into the ocean and have no idea how to get it back on land. :(

Cryonis.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah I mean how sometimes they can crush you just by moving their feet around. It doesn't seem very consistent. Like, I've had their feet literally clip with Link and not hurt me but other times I brush up against a toe and get flattened. Normally not an issue but if you don't hit them in the eye you're gonna be spending a lot of the time running between their legs and trying to stab them in the taint.

You can burn the shin guards off blue Hinox. Dunno if you can destroy the ones black Hinox wear but they make them vulnerable to electricity. Not sure why they gave them protection on their feet and not the giant glowing eyeball that makes fighting them trivial if you hit it.

Holy poo poo, do you complain about literally every game you play you insufferable idiot?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Are you talking about the one that's out in the water a bit? For that one you could try to golf it or do what I did. I chopped down that palm tree, grabbed the ball and then stood on top of the trunk. Eventually the tree floated out a bit and I was able to throw the ball onto the platform.

I wasn't talking about that one, but I will that. I dropped the ball off the other side of the island, but I got it out. I still don't know how to get it up the hill. There's no walking path.

Edit: I'm dumb. There's a ball already up here.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So does anyone know what the purpose of the big metal door under the water in the pond up on the Ubota Point? You can magnesis it out of the water but I didn't see any use for it in the area?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wasn't talking about that one, but I will that. I dropped the ball off the other side of the island, but I got it out. I still don't know how to get it up the hill. There's no walking path.

That's the only one where it is tricky to get the ball where it needs to go. The hinox one has a very easy path to walk up and the other one is already at the top of its hill. If you knocked that third one down, you might have to start over.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Inzombiac posted:

Where are the Barbarian pants?

I don't remember which parts are in there, but there's three maze shrines in the game, one in the icy northernmost area, another at the top right of the map north of akkala lab, and the other is rightmost in the gerudo area.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
So I found out Purah ignores you until you've talked to Impa. Frustrating, but I'm handling my irritation in an adult manner.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Frustrating, but I'm handling my irritation in an adult manner.

someone has to, sure as hell isn't gonna be purah.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Augus posted:

does the Yiga clan just sit around all day rehearsing witty lead-ins to declaring their intent to kill Link?

A "Traveler" tried to sell me a bunch of bananas for 99 rupees but I could tell his heart wasn't in it. Guy just wanted to get to the fighting.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

sector_corrector posted:

Holy poo poo, do you complain about literally every game you play you insufferable idiot?

what

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So I found out Purah ignores you until you've talked to Impa. Frustrating, but I'm handling my irritation in an adult manner.

Yeah I found that out just now. Oddly you can't light the furnace either.

EDIT: Wow there's a completely unique stun animation if you use stasis to launch a boulder into a Hinnox.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 17, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

you have to hit the hinox in the butt with a sword

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harrow posted:

So, how many Zelda games have had explicitly romantic tones to Link and Zelda's relationship? I know Skyward Sword did, and in Breath of the Wild, Kass mentions that his teacher told him Zelda "only had eyes for her chosen knight," not to mention Paya's diary suggesting Link probably feels the same way about Zelda.

I always kind of enjoy the different levels of familiarity between Link and Zelda in each cycle. You go from things like Skyward Sword and BotW where they've known each other a long time to Twilight Princess where they barely even meet.

Nah, it was unrequited. Link was gonna marry Mipha.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah but you can't gently caress a ghost.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just ran into a Stalnox :stare:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah but you can't gently caress a ghost.

You can't stop Link's lust for fish.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Augus posted:

I bet they have roleplay classes. "Very good Durfo! The Hero would be paralyzed with shock at your menacing reveal! Have these bananas!"

(Should have had more arrow-dodging classes. Losers.)

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Unless there's a memory I've missed so far all we know is that she'd decided she was going to marry him. Fishstalker!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Game finished. Game owns. Over 90 hours played and there's still stuff I want to do, but I'll leave that for the DLC.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

Unless there's a memory I've missed so far all we know is that she'd decided she was going to marry him. Fishstalker!

They had a date where they sat on the trunk of a giant elephant together. Think about that for a minute, get real, and face the terrifying reality

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally got out to Eventide Island. A great little adventure. Figuring out how to deal with the Hinox with only 5 arrows, most of which missed his eye, was fun. Had to lure him over to an enemy campfire to burn off his shins and exploit Stasis+ to the max.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No Mods No Masters posted:

They had a date where they sat on the trunk of a giant elephant together. Think about that for a minute, get real, and face the terrifying reality

two consenting adults might have shown affection for each other?

(I mean, not that they did. Nintendo would never go that far with one of their characters, just stop short of innuendo.)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I went through birbfriend's diary and did all the quests in it, what else does his quest require? Do you need to defeat the divine beast too or am I missing something else?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Your Computer posted:

I went through birbfriend's diary and did all the quests in it, what else does his quest require? Do you need to defeat the divine beast too or am I missing something else?

You need to do the shrine quest with the singing birds, apparently.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

No Mods No Masters posted:

Not a very date-y date, though, is it. I prefer to see that as Link's sudden realisation of what had been going on in her head. "poo poo! I thought she meant just hang out and maybe gently caress some more! Dodged a loving bullet there boy!"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've seen several streamers now come to the conclusion of "oh, it's scorching hot here better remove my armor" in the desert. Surely running around naked is the way to survive in a desert, right? :cripes:

cheetah7071 posted:

You need to do the shrine quest with the singing birds, apparently.

Thanks. If it's the quest I think it is, I assume it's only accessible after defeating the beast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I've seen several streamers now come to the conclusion of "oh, it's scorching hot here better remove my armor" in the desert. Surely running around naked is the way to survive in a desert, right? :cripes:
I just did this. I figured armour would raise your temperature, it made sense in videogame logic!