Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

got any sevens posted:

Looks like the same fight, just with the foley on steroids, sounds like street fighter

https://youtu.be/WEt4B1poOfM

I prefer the music in the american version, has a nice swell during the climax
https://youtu.be/CgrvEWGdDq4

He's not talking about the fight scene. he's talking about immediately after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtciH2w28wQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

raditts posted:

There was a Golgo-13 series? I just remember in the '90s there was an animated movie that was good and then there was another one that was not so good.

Golgo 13 the 2000s anime is pretty fun. It's somewhat like an assassin Columbo, where he's given an impossible mission or some crazy complicated contract and he has to find a way to complete it.

He usually drops a gun off to be modified by his weapons guy and runs off to find someone to gently caress in the hour or two he has.

There's one contract where he has to snipe a billionaire on his bulletproof floating hedonism fortress and iirc Golgo bounces a bullet off of a wave to get the right angle.

quote:

How do these two things compare to one another at all?
The book reference or the generation reference?
Book = Oh No banned things Gov Lies Allegory of the Cave I've discovered the beautiful truth.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

raditts posted:

There was a Golgo-13 series? I just remember in the '90s there was an animated movie that was good and then there was another one that was not so good.

The first movie is good to bring up given the current course of the thread though for its completely ridiculous sex scenes where Duke Togo literally lays 100% still like he's dead while the woman almost dies from a heart attack from orgasming so much just by being on him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Golgo 13 the 2000s anime is pretty fun. It's somewhat like an assassin Columbo, where he's given an impossible mission or some crazy complicated contract and he has to find a way to complete it.

He usually drops a gun off to be modified by his weapons guy and runs off to find someone to gently caress in the hour or two he has.

There's one contract where he has to snipe a billionaire on his bulletproof floating hedonism fortress and iirc Golgo bounces a bullet off of a wave to get the right angle.

I love that episode. It's so impossibly bullshit, but Togo always gets the job done. The episode where a bullet shell accidentally falls off a building was also real good. Duke never loses his cool.

A Hitman show should follow that formula. Ideally, he'd rarely be the focus of the story.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

One of the reasons Blood Money is the best Hitman game to me is that while it's of course about him, it's also the least about him with more backstory about the folks you're killing and stuff and a lot of what we learn about 47 coming from folks talking about him. Though that's partially also due to how the cutscenes/promotional trailers for the game/etc. treat him like an invincible slasher villain. They talk about him like he's the Terminator or the Candyman except replace "say his name three times" with "call this phone number."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLSwNL2p3U

It'd make for such a cool show if they followed that same formula as Golgo 13 but as soon as the actual trailers for the movie were out with him being the Vatican's chosen one hitman or whatever ugh. The second one looked even worse.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Skwirl posted:

He's not talking about the fight scene. he's talking about immediately after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wVagQ_LVd4&t=58s

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Movies just don't have twists like they used to.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Movies just don't have twists like they used to.

TWIST: Nothing is like it used to be. Because you are not like you used to be.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowman_McK posted:

TWIST: Nothing is like it used to be. Because you are not like you used to be.

Double-twist: Even though change is the only universal constant, I have remained the same I ever was.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

ruddiger posted:

The sex scene in the Charlie Sheen movie the Chase is pretty amazing as well.

Oh my god, I am not alone!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rain is serviceable but the film itself is badly put together and at times he seems more of a side character than the title character, as there are two cop characters who drive a lot of the show. Some of that is probably because they rewrote the script in like 3-4 days before they started filming, which lead to some other inconsistencies (like halfway through the ninjas change from invincible stealth killers that are literally shadows to goons that cops with automatic weapons can easily take out.) The whole origin thing becomes generic instead of a better written, more mythological origin where we could have had a person with martial arts powers that are partially magical battle against evil martial clans with the help of a few friends while also being Asian and not a transplant white savior, but instead things just got bland and focused more on having bloody action visuals and Raizo just being a regular skilled ninja guy. It just could have been more than visuals, but instead just contributed more ammo to those who say no one wants to watch films with Asian leads.

So that is what happened. I thought that final battle was complete bullshit. Like if you got the drop on ninjas, they lose their powers. Disregard all superhuman abilities from before.

So bullshit, like in american sniper movies, dudes are chuck norris also, getting close does nothing. but asian assassins are weak poo poo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Skwirl posted:

These are the exact subtitles the bootleg VHS i have has. With the same ending. I didn't realize they edited the ending for the US for years.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Classic

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ammanas posted:

MacGrubers back to back sex scenes are the best

Unnnhh I'm gonna shoot, I'm gonna shoot unnnnh

Probably the best ever committed to film.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Neo Rasa posted:

Highlander: The Final Dimension and Highlander Endgame are also a great double feature re total :laffo: sex scenes.

Hey, don't forget Highlander II.

"I am Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod. I cannot die."

*fucks Virginia Madsen in the middle of a street*

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Out of Sight has the best sex scene, and was the last good movie Jennifer Lopez ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT8TStKc1G0

The trunk scene was sexier though.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Hillary Clinton wandering the woods fanfic has morphed into movie form

quote:

[Addison Timlin]'s also currently in production on When I’m a Moth, the plot of which concerns the outdoor adventures of a young woman in Alaska in 1969, during her gap year between graduating from college and embarking on a law career. Pretty standard fare, unless you consider that the young woman in question is Hillary Diane Rodham — who will one day become HRC in the Wild. And while a film that’s basically like Wild or Into the Wild, but starring a future candidate for president, seems like an easy sell, Timlin is quick to say this is not a biopic and it does play fast and loose with the facts. (For what it’s worth, Timlin is also fond of the F-word, which naturally leads one to picture a young, foul-mouthed Hillary Rodham). There is no release date as of yet, but we’re pretty effing stoked for the film when it occurs. So, we imagine, is Clinton herself — if you can get her to venture out of the Berkshires long enough to watch it.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/a-young-hillary-rodham-movie-is-currently-in-production.html

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This would be an interesting idea, if she was president.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Major update about the new Matrix movies from writer Zak Penn:

https://twitter.com/zakpenn/status/842607579012382720

https://twitter.com/zakpenn/status/842608247232069634

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Is this to say that they're potentially doing, say, a movie set really far in the future where there's new characters but Neo's essence is still in the Matrix or whatever? Either I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Oh man speaking of films trying to capitalize on the Matrix, remember the Jet Li film The One? :laffo: He actually had a role in Reloaded but walked because they offered him and insultingly low amount of money compared to everyone else.

FoneBone posted:

Hey, don't forget Highlander II.

"I am Connor MacLeod of the clan MacLeod. I cannot die."

*fucks Virginia Madsen in the middle of a street*

What was wrong with that?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It can either be that or it might be set in one of the mentioned previous version of the Matrix that the Architect talked about.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Seifer: Origins

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rirse posted:

It can either be that or it might be set in one of the mentioned previous version of the Matrix that the Architect talked about.

Just have the Architect introduce the premise for each standalone episodic movie like Rod Serling at the beginning of each Twilight Zone.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Please make a Matrix/Terminator crossover, Hollywood. TIA

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think the biggest thing about The Matrix is the possibility that one of those squid robots or fetus-moving arms might spend their standby modes dancing in a cyber-goth nightclub or taking care of their own children within The Matrix.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Just have the Architect introduce the premise for each standalone episodic movie like Rod Serling at the beginning of each Twilight Zone.

Is the person who played the Architect still alive to do this? As it's a neat idea if it a anthology of the various failed versions, like the one with mythology monsters in it.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I think the biggest thing about The Matrix is the possibility that one of those squid robots or fetus-moving arms might spend their standby modes dancing in a cyber-goth nightclub or taking care of their own children within The Matrix.

Please. That squid had a family.
* Neo blows a wisp of cigar smoke that spells "Neo"*

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
What if we take Johnny Mnemonic and just make it about cyber criminals from a cyberpunk future jacking into a Matrix.

Turns out their cyberpunk reality is a Matrix in and of itself, and their escapades are a ruse to distract them from that fact.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rirse posted:

Is the person who played the Architect still alive to do this? As it's a neat idea if it a anthology of the various failed versions, like the one with mythology monsters in it.

Yep, Helmut Bakaitis is still alive.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

SomeJazzyRat posted:

What if we take Johnny Mnemonic and just make it about cyber criminals from a cyberpunk future jacking into a Matrix.

Turns out their cyberpunk reality is a Matrix in and of itself, and their escapades are a ruse to distract them from that fact.

This time Keanu Reeves plays the traitor character, only instead of doing it for steak like Joey Pants in the original he does it for club sandwiches and cold Mexican beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZvITN285w

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

*steeples fingers*

"Imagine if you will, a matrix" – images of a green-tinted late 90s metropolis – "There one is, minding one's own business" – cut back to architect winking at the camera.

"What if," *dramatic pause* "the matrix was red!!" Images of Neo and Trinity having trouble seeing with their wraparound shades, idk something with a streetlight and a pileup? You get it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lol I just realized they hired the Twilight director to helm Beauty and the Beast, they didn’t try very hard did they

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vegetable posted:

Lol I just realized they hired the Twilight director to helm Beauty and the Beast, they didn’t try very hard did they
why try hard when you already have an ESTABLISHED PROPERTY?!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Vegetable posted:

If Catherine Hardwicke had directed it I would go see it on that alone. Bill Condon's movies are a total coinflip so I'll you guys tell me if it's worth my time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vegetable posted:

There 4 directors of Twilight movies, including one who directed 30 Days Of Night and the one we're talking about Bill Condon who is most famous for Gods & Monsters. He directed the final two Twilight movies that were also the most insane.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Awesome

https://twitter.com/Ryuugoku/status/842643962586259457

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Counterpoint, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

feedmyleg posted:

Also John Wick 2.
Both good, both inferior to their predecessors.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It's an old shoot, but there's some pretty good ones in between

http://unrealitymag.com/movies/actors-return-to-their-most-legendary-roles-for-empires-20th/

Holy poo poo it's been 7 years?!?!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hahaha Unforgiven? More like No Fucks Given

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TetsuoTW posted:

Hahaha Unforgiven? More like No Fucks Given

"Wow Clint, thanks for bringing your own prop gun."

"What prop gun?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neo Rasa posted:

One of the reasons Blood Money is the best Hitman game to me is that while it's of course about him, it's also the least about him with more backstory about the folks you're killing and stuff and a lot of what we learn about 47 coming from folks talking about him. Though that's partially also due to how the cutscenes/promotional trailers for the game/etc. treat him like an invincible slasher villain. They talk about him like he's the Terminator or the Candyman except replace "say his name three times" with "call this phone number."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLSwNL2p3U

It'd make for such a cool show if they followed that same formula as Golgo 13 but as soon as the actual trailers for the movie were out with him being the Vatican's chosen one hitman or whatever ugh. The second one looked even worse.

The second Hitman movie actually isn't too far off from what you describe, at least for the first act. Then the second act is kind of like The Professional but not as good. The movie kind of shits the bed in the third act but to its credit they did capture 47's "character" pretty well. I thought it was a lot better than the first but low of a bar as that is, I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

• Locked thread