Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I put all five of my bartz on one team to quickly grind up a double hand for my Olive. Up to a collective 35% :shepface: I mean I'll probably regret not getting more than one double hand at some point so maybe I'll split one off when it comes time to fuse them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

So I put all five of my bartz on one team to quickly grind up a double hand for my Olive. Up to a collective 35% :shepface: I mean I'll probably regret not getting more than one double hand at some point so maybe I'll split one off when it comes time to fuse them.

Bartz is 3* so you will pull more of him. I had 6 Bartz, fused them all after grinding to 17% on 5 of them, that was back in December. Since then I've pulled 3 more.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Bartz is 3* so you will pull more of him. I had 6 Bartz, fused them all after grinding to 17% on 5 of them, that was back in December. Since then I've pulled 3 more.

Counterpoint: I've only pulled two ever.

I'm at 614k points, and I realized... why even struggle with more tedious ELT? if I do PRO the rest of the time I'll get everything, and heck, I pulled an Y'shtola already anyway.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody still using my Marie or should I switch back to 11.5K Olive?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

Counterpoint: I've only pulled two ever.

I'm at 614k points, and I realized... why even struggle with more tedious ELT? if I do PRO the rest of the time I'll get everything, and heck, I pulled an Y'shtola already anyway.

Elite gives more points, more points=more raid coins=more raid summons. I'm sure you don't really need them but for those of us without many TMs having multiples of all three units' TMs is pretty helpful.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
43 Thancred to 6 Minfilia.

Do not do ELT unless it's a piece of guaranteed cake for you to earn more than (currently) 6k points out of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

My problem wasn't really so much in staying alive, since I assume you are taking about the baraerora recipe there. Until I got unlucky with some hits, and possibly a crit, against Refia I had no problems surviving for a long time, I was just doing such anemic damage to him that it would have taken like 20 minutes or more to deplete his health.

You may want to grind for levels then, I guess.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Okay, is there a way that I, as a filthy no-macro/no-TRM (except for Thancred's, of course) casual who's never drawn a 5★ base character in many months of playing this game, can reliably farm PRO Ifrit?

I've beaten him once, while getting lucky with a friend Noctis paralyzing him enough to allow me to do enough damage without him ever running away. ADV Ifrit dies reliably in one round, so I can farm him until the cows come home, but if there's a way to up my game on this one, I'd love to be able to.

The main team I generally use for clearing content at an adequate, if not awesome level, is:

• Exdeath, 6★, max level
  • Paladin Cecil, 6★, not maxed
  • Xiao, 6★, not maxed
  • Kefka, 5★, max level
  • Refia, 6★, not maxed

From what I can gather from reading Internet, at least some of these characters could make a good FTP A-team, though I imagine at some point I'll be trading out Xiao/Kefka? On the bench as possible worthwhile characters (who are at or can reach 6★, or are 5★ limited but maybe not total poo poo?), are: Leo (5★), Celes (5★), Firion (3★), Rain (3★), Bartz (3★), Cerius (3★), Cupid Artemios (4★), Agrias (4★), Seven (4★), Shine (5★), Nine (6★), Medius (6★), Minifilia (4★), Black Cat Lid (5★), Dick Bicycle (6★), Snow (4★), Ling (6★), Primm (4★), Cloud of Darkness (5★).

I'm guessing that the two people I want to sub in are Ling and CoD, especially if I can find some way to max out their levels? Whoever goes in, what strategy should I be using to deal with him, because I feel like I'm hitting a massive meat wall when I run up against him, and even when I survive his onslaught/keep healed up with Refia/Cecil, he ends up running his rear end away.

Equipment-wise, I have some good reward item swords from things, have crafted four Hero Rings, and have the Cupid items. Otherwise, I think I'm swimming in garbage items.

Is this possible, or am I a hopeless case, doomed to the land of ADV forever, barring great paralysis luck?

Ling's job is to inflict status effects and debuffs. If you have her, you should be using her to keep Ifrit locked down, and rely on goonfriend Olives and Noctii and other heavy hitters.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ling is fantastic until her daunting step fails to land and you forgot to have Noctis back her up with Warp Break. Then Refia gets smoked on the next turn and that's all she wrote.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Here is a nicely done Raid event calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UCf7jf65naJsLqVgWlMZywK2djaeHYpytiprHBh065c/edit#gid=1248627156

Use it via (File -> Make a copy) and input your stuff into the orange boxes.

With 500k points already, 7x ELT runs a day are enough to easily get all the points for the Moogle. Thats good to know. :allears:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Khisanth Magus posted:

Well, that is kind of an abrupt block in the story. I've been relying on friends for boss battles, but ran into Veritas of the Heavens in Ambel, who you have to fight with no friends.. I'm honestly not sure what to do, I guess just grind levels? Running a party of Noctis, Cecil, Chizuru, Exdeath, and Refia, but the only one who I've awakened at all is exdeath up to 4*. Characters are in their mid 30s-40s, with the best equipment I can have at this point in the story without TMs. Am I just going to be spending a week grinding the beach for xp?

You are in for a bad time. It took me weeks/a month to get past that fight, the only thing I can suggest is getting whoever you can awakened to 6 to increase your damage output.

Also, you don't have a full breaker in that group. Full break turns that into easy mode. Rain gets that ability, under another name, later at 6*. I eventually got a Vaan, and he only awakens to 5*.

Rain
Vaan
Faris
Guy
Ingus
Sazh
Warrior of Light
Agrias

Also you need baraeora which was danced around in an earlier comment.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Well... I finally got Y'shtola. The hard way. :smithicide:

She's already at 65% trust mastery from her devoted legion of trust moogles...

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

A Big Dark Yak posted:

Okay, is there a way that I, as a filthy no-macro/no-TRM (except for Thancred's, of course) casual who's never drawn a 5★ base character in many months of playing this game, can reliably farm PRO Ifrit?

I've beaten him once, while getting lucky with a friend Noctis paralyzing him enough to allow me to do enough damage without him ever running away. ADV Ifrit dies reliably in one round, so I can farm him until the cows come home, but if there's a way to up my game on this one, I'd love to be able to.

The main team I generally use for clearing content at an adequate, if not awesome level, is:

• Exdeath, 6★, max level
  • Paladin Cecil, 6★, not maxed
  • Xiao, 6★, not maxed
  • Kefka, 5★, max level
  • Refia, 6★, not maxed

From what I can gather from reading Internet, at least some of these characters could make a good FTP A-team, though I imagine at some point I'll be trading out Xiao/Kefka? On the bench as possible worthwhile characters (who are at or can reach 6★, or are 5★ limited but maybe not total poo poo?), are: Leo (5★), Celes (5★), Firion (3★), Rain (3★), Bartz (3★), Cerius (3★), Cupid Artemios (4★), Agrias (4★), Seven (4★), Shine (5★), Nine (6★), Medius (6★), Minifilia (4★), Black Cat Lid (5★), Dick Bicycle (6★), Snow (4★), Ling (6★), Primm (4★), Cloud of Darkness (5★).

I'm guessing that the two people I want to sub in are Ling and CoD, especially if I can find some way to max out their levels? Whoever goes in, what strategy should I be using to deal with him, because I feel like I'm hitting a massive meat wall when I run up against him, and even when I survive his onslaught/keep healed up with Refia/Cecil, he ends up running his rear end away.

Equipment-wise, I have some good reward item swords from things, have crafted four Hero Rings, and have the Cupid items. Otherwise, I think I'm swimming in garbage items.

Is this possible, or am I a hopeless case, doomed to the land of ADV forever, barring great paralysis luck?

As others have mentioned, you really want to be using Ling; her status dance will almost always land Paralyze on the first turn, and then you follow that up with her Def/Spr break to crank your damage up. If you have a beefy friend unit, the fight's over at this point.

Ling's just an amazing unit in general.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

You are in for a bad time. It took me weeks/a month to get past that fight, the only thing I can suggest is getting whoever you can awakened to 6 to increase your damage output.

Also, you don't have a full breaker in that group. Full break turns that into easy mode. Rain gets that ability, under another name, later at 6*. I eventually got a Vaan, and he only awakens to 5*.

Rain
Vaan
Faris
Guy
Ingus
Sazh
Warrior of Light
Agrias

Also you need baraeora which was danced around in an earlier comment.

Also, check and see if you have the recipe for the hero ring yet. Craft a few of them and your DPS should spike. You have to grind out some fire and ice megacrysts, but that's what maranda coast and dwarfs forge explorations are for.

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

Khisanth Magus posted:

Well, that is kind of an abrupt block in the story. I've been relying on friends for boss battles, but ran into Veritas of the Heavens in Ambel, who you have to fight with no friends.. I'm honestly not sure what to do, I guess just grind levels? Running a party of Noctis, Cecil, Chizuru, Exdeath, and Refia, but the only one who I've awakened at all is exdeath up to 4*. Characters are in their mid 30s-40s, with the best equipment I can have at this point in the story without TMs. Am I just going to be spending a week grinding the beach for xp?

Blast Noctis to 80 so you can get Point Warp. You can win the fight just using Point Warp every turn, shouldn't need anything else fancy.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Does Gilgamesh get stronger after each Bushido Freedom even if I dispel him? I'm using Dana's dodge tank Lightning, so her getting past the 3rd Bushido Freedom is the win condition.

The first one is easy, and easy to set up for - Noel uses Bring it On to draw the IK, Noctis either jumps or uses Warp Decoy, Refia uses Mirage, Chizuru uses Hayate and Dana pushes him past the threshold. Noel dies and the rest dodge. Refia revives and dispels (Chizuru can dispel too if I screw up and Refia needs to heal more) then we truck along until 50%.

I can usually get through that one okay, but between there and 30% Dana's/Noel's provoke seems to get weaker somehow and everyone but Dana dies leading to an unrecoverable situation.

Chizuru is probably my biggest liability on that team, is there anyone I can replace her with? I have a Ling I haven't bothered to level or gear up yet...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Gilgamesh does indeed get stronger after 50%, when you start needing to use electricity. His damage goes up by 10% which, on something as strong as him, is pretty noticeable and can tip the scale towards death from too many X-slashes.

Also, seems like level 21 Ifrit is the highest we'll hit. Not bad doing a couple billions of damage with what we have on Global.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When this is all over I look forward to seeing a calculation on how much the top players spent on lapis refreshes. I wonder the same about arena, not uncommon to see low ranks being extremely high, with poo poo for units. This is the kind of game addiction they need in the DSM.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
~2000 lapis to hit 1.2 Million, assuming you can farm PRO.... a third of that if you're ELT-capable.

Edit: Switched over to Minnie. I'll finish leveling her as NRG allows. Enjoy her in all her Curaja-countering, Fire-nullifying, super-boosting glory.

Varance fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 20, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

It's gotten to the point where my team can regularly clear ELT... provided Ling's attack debuff sticks most of the time. Otherwise Vulcan Beat bowls over Refia, even though she has over 5000 HP.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

It's gotten to the point where my team can regularly clear ELT... provided Ling's attack debuff sticks most of the time. Otherwise Vulcan Beat bowls over Refia, even though she has over 5000 HP.

Do you bring a 2nd breaker? Doubling up on breaks made ELT really consistent for me. Bringing Minfilia made it consistently under 6 turns too. Minfilia MVP.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you buy Lapis through Apple, here's a $100 ITunes card for $85.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/282397162064?...1&ul_noapp=true

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm about 40% through lapis refreshing 5 Kefkas. gently caress all that status ailment cancer in arena.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

~2000 lapis to hit 1.2 Million, assuming you can farm PRO.... a third of that if you're ELT-capable.

Edit: Switched over to Minnie. I'll finish leveling her as NRG allows. Enjoy her in all her Curaja-countering, Fire-nullifying, super-boosting glory.

Was there ever a consensus on her counter materia stacking with itself or other counter materia?

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I'm about 40% through lapis refreshing 5 Kefkas. gently caress all that status ailment cancer in arena.

It's the only way non-TMR grinders have to win, bro...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well, if it's any consolation, my team is just 4 or 5 casters so pretty much anyone should be able to beat them. :v:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Do you bring a 2nd breaker? Doubling up on breaks made ELT really consistent for me. Bringing Minfilia made it consistently under 6 turns too. Minfilia MVP.

Under six turns? What the heck damage are you putting out? It takes me 10 minutes per ELT, sometimes more if unlucky. Luckily I don't need to run ELT anymore unless I get antsy to complete the raid sooner.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There needs to be a way to borrow a Y'shalto early just so I can dump all her trust moogles out of my inventory. I'd let Gumi keep one of my extra Lightnings as collateral until I get her.

In small sample size news, I feel I'm getting Dance of Death'd way more in arena this week than last.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

I've sent off some goon friend requests (stairs in my message and everything), added Ling to the team, and started following the attack plan advice. PRO Ifrit goes down, first try, without taking a single action.

Thanks so much for the help!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
:siren: Reminder for people who can't beat ELT Ifrit, you can use the Escape skill to 'win' the fight :siren: so if you want to burn an ifrit orb to get the Lapis from ELT (and you should) that's how to do it. Go in to the fight, have your non-Escape units take whatever actions to meet the requirements for the bonus lapis, then after everything's resolved you use Escape.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Was there ever a consensus on her counter materia stacking with itself or other counter materia?

An Exdeath squad works just fine for 0 TMR arena murder, as long as you don't get debuff hosed by a unit like Ling or Noctis. Weeks without dualcast or black magic is annoying since lots of stuff can potentially survive 3-4 chained wicked lights (or earthshakers).

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Under six turns? What the heck damage are you putting out? It takes me 10 minutes per ELT, sometimes more if unlucky. Luckily I don't need to run ELT anymore unless I get antsy to complete the raid sooner.

Just Olive, Shattering Shot and the +100% ATK buff (and a tiny chain with Warp Break). She hits for around 700k if Shattering Shot sticks and she doesn't get hit with the ATK break. Her LB absolutely rapes Ifrit and Cecil with Black Belt is handy for building LBs.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 20, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yo, Toonman, your Olive finally let me beat ELT. I've been getting it to half health all day but yours is the first time I managed to kill it. Although there was a lot of luck involved with Vulcan Bursts not landing paralyze.

Also I finally bit the bullet and installed Nox. However, it's trying to go through the Tutorial and rename my account against despite me logging in, is that normal?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Hmmm. My Chizuru and Exdeath are both almost maxed 4*. Should I awaken them immediately and know I'm going to be spending a few days at least releveling them up to useful, or leave them at Max for a bit...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Hmmm. My Chizuru and Exdeath are both almost maxed 4*. Should I awaken them immediately and know I'm going to be spending a few days at least releveling them up to useful, or leave them at Max for a bit...

Ya, I'd rush to awaken and level them ASAP. The power difference from each rarity is pretty massive since all the really good skills like Dualcast or Phantom Shadow are locked to their highest rarity & levels. It's a pain in the rear end, especially when you're new and have to suffer through that small awakening power dip, but it's definitely worth it.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
What the gently caress is up with all this character-exclusive gear taking 1+ actual days to craft? 3 days to make a drat catgirl shirt. Does her weapon take 3 days too? If so, making two of those is gonna suuuuck.

At least it only took me about 250 raid pulls to actually get Y'shtola though, so small favors.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ifrit pull 332 and I finally got whats-her-name, and have enough moogles to get her to 50% TMR. Woo hoo

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Are you guys counting every 100 coins spent as a pull? Because I'm at 51 Thanc and 3 Thanc TM, 6 Minfilia, and gently caress the RNG of so many of you.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I've got 2 Thancred TMRs so far and I think my 3rd is 45%?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

MrLonghair posted:

Are you guys counting every 100 coins spent as a pull? Because I'm at 51 Thanc and 3 Thanc TM, 6 Minfilia, and gently caress the RNG of so many of you.

Yes, every 100 coins is one pull. I honestly wasn't even expecting to get her. Now I just need the rest of the materials to make the gear and the exclusive awakening materials.

1.5 thancred TMRs and minfilia and y'shotla both at about 50%

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

Yo, Toonman, your Olive finally let me beat ELT.

:getin:

I finally decided that Marie, while entirely too fabulous probably wouldn't get used as much as Olive.

Don't worry though, Marie will still:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
But yeah about this Nox macro thing, launching the game is taking me through the tutorial/account creation, did I gently caress something up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ It won't let you sign in to Facebook? Even from the sign in screen? Yeah, probably something is wrong. Everything works fine on mine.

Okay, so you can't actually craft Y'shtola and Minfilia's exclusive materias, you get a copy directly.

If I slap a Black Belt on her, will that stack, and make it 50% likely to retaliate with a heal?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread