Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Takes almost no effort to grow it out here to a certain level.

Just burned a few cubic yards of downed limbs. Something very satisfying about making a whole bunch of stuff disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So pretty sure I'll be switching to t-mobile tomorrow. Think I'm done with ATT's poo poo. I could probably call them and threaten to cancel or whatever and get my bill lowered slightly, but gently caress it.

T-mobile has a promo this month only. If you port a number you can get 20% off for the life of that account. Each employee gets 5 of these codes for the month. So I'm going to go to the local store and see who I can schmooze. That brings their one plan to $54/month.

I also saw people are selling the code on ebay for $30. Shady, but worth it in the long run.

The Military/Veteran discount for t-mobile is 15%, for reference.

Tmobile is great if you live in an urban or suburban area. If you can see corn, good luck.

Their customer service is top notch, though. I've been with them since like 2005 and haven't had a single issue.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I've got a bunch of these saved, because it's awesome.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Xeriscaping is da best

Except for being ugly. Half my back yard this, and IMO it only looks not lovely in small sections.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Tmobile is great if you live in an urban or suburban area. If you can see corn, good luck.

Their customer service is top notch, though. I've been with them since like 2005 and haven't had a single issue.

My gf has t-mobile and she gets free poo poo every Tuesday. Like a pizza, chips and guac at chipotle, movie rental. Is that for every customer or what? Hey free poo poo.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My gf has t-mobile and she gets free poo poo every Tuesday. Like a pizza, chips and guac at chipotle, movie rental. Is that for every customer or what? Hey free poo poo.

Oh poo poo bro is your girlfriend dipping in the T-Mobile swag bag? That's def not for every custoner

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think it's for every employee's girlfriend.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also if anyone likes Rogue One and doesn't mind 360p shoot me a PM

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Oh poo poo bro is your girlfriend dipping in the T-Mobile swag bag? That's def not for every custoner

:shrug:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
God drat dude its not free stuff from T. MObile its Timothy M. Obile :sever:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Yeah from people I've talked to it should be good. Area is urban enough. I remember for a while they were on par with sprint aka poo poo. And sprint still does that CDMA phone poo poo like verizon lol

I know t-mobile has completely changed. How are verizon and att keeping customers? poo poo, I'll be saving $30-40 or so and I'll have tethering.

How is T-mobile in downtown areas? I know ATT is practically unusable in the city center.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah download the t-mobile tuesdays app from your app store of choice

this is how you will get the free mlb.tv premium subscription the first week of april too

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah from people I've talked to it should be good. Area is urban enough. I remember for a while they were on par with sprint aka poo poo. And sprint still does that CDMA phone poo poo like verizon lol

I know t-mobile has completely changed. How are verizon and att keeping customers? poo poo, I'll be saving $30-40 or so and I'll have tethering.

How is T-mobile in downtown areas? I know ATT is practically unusable in the city center.

t-mobile is awesome for me except for 1 dead spot when i drive to my moms house

the prices arent bad, the customer service has been good forever

i've been with them since my Sidekick 2, barring a 2 year exodus to Verizon only to run back once more

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Only problems I ever have with Tmobile in urban areas are when I go to like a baseball game or something but that's like 44k people all on their phones at once and it's been getting better every year. Like I said, outside of stuff like that, Tmobile only really sucks once you can see corn or soy. I lived in Decatur, Il for a couple of years and it was spotty. Back here in St. Louis, it's amazing.

Also yeah, Tmobile Tuesday app is the poo poo.

Also, their CEO is a crazy person, but like, the entertaining kind.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I had T-Mobile in downtown Denver and their coverage was complete trash, as in 1 bar no data in the densest part of the city. They were decent in Albuquerque except when you dared to go inside a building. I switched back to Verizon.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHSHE-iJQ

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

God drat dude its not free stuff from T. MObile its Timothy M. Obile :sever:

Made me laugh

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you want the full-size prints and PDFs, the USGS has a ton of awesome maps in addition to your regular ol' 24k ones (plus map locator). If you're on your phone, check out Avenza PDF Maps, which incorporates the same map viewing and downloading functionality along with some basic overlay and GPS tools.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JZW7zMDfY

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Any free real estate?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Plenty in Kansas.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/03/minor-iphone-bump-turns-the-7-and-7-plus-red-and-gives-iphone-se-more-storage/

Red iPhone launching, iPhone SE now will be 32 and 128, but the 128 is $50 more an 64 was.

A revamped iPad too. Underwhelming overall.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm normally a fan of USO lounges, but the lounge in El Paso is the seventh circle of hell. I'm stuck here for the next couple hours while Paternity Court plays on the TV at max volume. Everyone else here is morbidly fascinated by it, so there's no changing the channel.

Still beats listening to Fox News at the terminal gate, I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hey free wifi

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The only reason I have earbuds is for tuning things out in airports.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Earbuds fall out of my ears. Even laying down. I might have some weird medical phenomena going on.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

Earbuds fall out of my ears. Even laying down. I might have some weird medical phenomena going on.

Your ears are broken, sorry dude.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Earbuds hurt after only a short time and cause a lot of wax buildup. gently caress earbuds.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Dang. I have these Plantronics backbeats that are totally sweet and 10000000000000000x better than some lovely earbuds.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

Earbuds hurt after only a short time and cause a lot of wax buildup. gently caress earbuds.

I don't wear lovely apple earpods hth.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the dave chappelle standup that just came out on netflix is pretty good

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have some cheap sony ear buds that don't need to be jammed into your skull like hearing protection and magically don't fall out because my ears are normal-ish.

Just buy one of those standard sized headsets that doesn't have Beats plastered on it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
About a month and a half in with my Airpods and I love the goddamn things. They're pretty loving flawless save for a few issues I have with them.

Anyway, cool youtube channel: Binging With Babish. Guy is an amateur cook/professional filmmaker. He makes dishes from movies and tv (plus cartoons!). He's rad as gently caress and is the reason I keep jotting down new kitchen gear to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVgmI-YF16g

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
If you all dropped your phone and cracked the screen, would you pay the $150 deductible for a new S7 or just roll with a cracked phone?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

lite_sleepr posted:

If you all dropped your phone and cracked the screen, would you pay the $150 deductible for a new S7 or just roll with a cracked phone?

A new phone because I'm not a poor

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

lite_sleepr posted:

I bought the insurance but I've been too lazy to take it in. The battery is starting to get pretty lovely though so I'll problably get it in before the contract is up and see how long I can go with the replacement.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I have a $5 rubber case for my phone precisely so I don't need to make that kind of choice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arc Light posted:

I have a $5 rubber case for my phone precisely so I don't need to make that kind of choice.

Same.

Well, a ten pack for $15. Always nice to have a spare when one gets torn or covered in something.

I'd roll with a cracked screen if it came to that, but my s4 mini is a tank and the screen is still intact after three years.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arc Light posted:

I had it in my pocket when it happened. I think the factor that ended up breaking it was that I was at work and wearing my climbing harness.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

PSA: military personnel can get the American Express Platinum card for no initial or annual fee. It's decent enough in general, but the real draw is travel perks. $200 a year credit for airline expenses (food/drinks on the airplane) and access to a range of airport lounges.

I'm at the Centurian Lounge in DFW. My connection is two hours delayed, but that's bearable because I have an unlimited supply of free drinks and food. I'm pretty sure I'm going to clean them out of Stella before the night is done.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Travel chat? I did space a for the first time last week to travel to Spain w my wife. Worked out really well. If you're still in or are retired, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot sometime. Total cost to fly to Spain and back: $60.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FastestGunAlive posted:

Travel chat? I did space a for the first time last week to travel to Spain w my wife. Worked out really well. If you're still in or are retired, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot sometime. Total cost to fly to Spain and back: $60.

Got a couple links? I'm unemployed with some spare time so gently caress it why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

About a month and a half in with my Airpods and I love the goddamn things. They're pretty loving flawless save for a few issues I have with them.

flawless except the several flaws they have

• Locked thread