Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Another thing: if I was looking at my phone in class, and answered a question correctly most professors that I know would probably say, "Yeah, great. Still put your drat phone away." Nobody cares if you know the answer if you're distracting the class.

This is the worst snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Also this, don't know how to do the multi-part.

http://imgur.com/a/Yi4Tt

edit 2:

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Mar 22, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I once fell asleep during fire control class and then I woke up because the teacher asked me something and I answered "200" and everyone looked at me funny and I got to stand up for the rest of the class. I still have no idea what had been asked.

Well that was my class story god bless.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

did you ever learn how to control fire

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zelder posted:

did you ever learn how to control fire

Well we sunk the target raft. You're not supposed to hit the target raft because everything has been set up so that shots aimed directly at the raft all land a good deal behind it because they cost a lot of money.

tl;dr: Not really.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm having trouble picturing this. Is the kid standing on top of it with his back to the wall? is he standing on the lower rim facing forward? Is this some other design like a trough that she's describing incorrectly?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Captain Monkey posted:

Hot from the presses.

LOL, thing is, even if this happened, you still got called a fat gently caress

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ReidRansom posted:

I'm having trouble picturing this. Is the kid standing on top of it with his back to the wall? is he standing on the lower rim facing forward? Is this some other design like a trough that she's describing incorrectly?

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
The duck thing is real though? Unless that's :thejoke:

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

hogmartin posted:

The duck thing is real though? Unless that's :thejoke:
It's the last post that I'm pretty skeptical about, taking a nice little fact and turning it into a zany adventure.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Baron von der Loon posted:

It's the last post that I'm pretty skeptical about, taking a nice little fact and turning it into a zany adventure.

Oh, yeah. I just figured it was someone having some fun with the story, not that they were claiming that it's a thing that actually happened. For whatever reason, I thought rubber-duck debugging was what was being hilighted as a thing that doesn't happen.

Maybe I should explain it to a duck first.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The duck makes sense. Some dude posting for upvotes about a zany time they arranged a duck congress to get an answer is dumb and silly.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i remember seeing that before, but have completely forgotten the story.

Anyway, what I was imagining is this

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
"Fell asleep in the library. Found this on my desk when I woke up."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Half of Silicon Valley.jpg

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Fathis Munk posted:

*"keikaku" means plan.

No, it means "here birdy, birdy".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-oslkfnfWs

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Captain Monkey posted:

Also this, don't know how to do the multi-part.

http://imgur.com/a/Yi4Tt

Gotta link each image separately.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

lmao

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

The classic.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

ahh the classic "lean into being a total dipshit" tactic

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dude, that is NOT trolling. That is "loving with someone's food" or, charitably, pranking.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Samizdata posted:

Dude, that is NOT trolling. That is "loving with someone's food" or, charitably, pranking.

Very charitable then. A good prank leaves a person feeling relieved. A lovely prank leaves them a victim.

For example I saw this show here they were renovating a speed boat. Very expensive with custom artwork for the paint job. One of the guys took a screw and clipped the head off and then he glued the tip to the outside of the boat. Making it look like he had driven the screw through the fiberglass hull from the inside by accident.

That was a good prank because it gave the impression of something terrifying but things turned out to be fine. No harm done.

A bad prank is ruining peoples food or things.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Catberry posted:

Very charitable then. A good prank leaves a person feeling relieved. A lovely prank leaves them a victim.

For example I saw this show here they were renovating a speed boat. Very expensive with custom artwork for the paint job. One of the guys took a screw and clipped the head off and then he glued the tip to the outside of the boat. Making it look like he had driven the screw through the fiberglass hull from the inside by accident.

That was a good prank because it gave the impression of something terrifying but things turned out to be fine. No harm done.

A bad prank is ruining peoples food or things.

What if they're really fat and could stand to lose some weight?

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
'Opened their eyes at the color thing'? what?

Are they trying to imply racism is over

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Tired Moritz posted:

'Opened their eyes at the color thing'? what?

Are they trying to imply racism is over

No, that reverse racism is real.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Bogan King posted:

What if they're really fat and could stand to lose some weight?

Then you take off your belt and whip them between the eyes with it. Chase them around the room and keep whipping until they're skinny. That' what a friend would do.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This made me want to eat poison and die.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bogan King posted:

No, that reverse racism is real.

Also that they are tirelessly working at ending it, because that's just who they are :smug:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fuckin' lol at the idea that young black men are not aware of this whole "race" concept

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Catberry posted:

Then you take off your belt and whip them between the eyes with it.

That's a fuckin' skinny belt you got there, what's your New Wave band called

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He's one of the good ones.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

trickybiscuits posted:

This made me want to eat poison and die.

No, that's how they win. Feed poison to them instead, thanks

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Mom

quote:

This troper, who has long (I'm talking since the second grade) been Team Mom to her group of friends, to the point that many of them call her "Mom", once slapped a bully across the face for pushing a friend into a wall and informed said bully that she would not lay a finger on any of this troper's friends again or there would be dire and physical repercussions. It worked. She has also persistently and threateningly gone after any and all high school jerk jocks dumb enough to harass the geeks and gay kids this troper surrounds herself with, once going so far as to tell a guy from the wrestling team that if he wanted someone to pick on he could beat this troper up and leave her friends alone. Now if only this troper could figure out how to stand up for herself...
Honey, we must've been separated at birth. Normally I can't be bothered to do anything about myself, but you say anything bad about my friends, and You. Are. Toast. I've only been involved in a physical fight once in my life: in the third grade, an older kid was picking on a retarded boy I had taken under my wing. The kid wouldn't leave my friend be, so I punched him in the face. I also verbally emasculated a boy who maltreated my best friend... in front of an entire cafeteria full of people. To thunderous applause. Another ex-boyfriend of same best friend (she has terrible taste in men) would scurry the other way in the hallway when he saw me. I don't understand why he was so scared... I only told him I would remove his fingernails one at a time and serve them as garnishes to his barbecued reproductive organs if he didn't stop harassing her...

Gum

quote:

This Troper's mother fits this trope. I never told her about classmates and teachers bullying me when I was in elementary, so, she couldn't do anything. When she later found out about it, she was not happy. In seventh grade, some boys verbally sexually harassed me and the teacher refused to do anything about. She went up to the school, got the teacher put on academic probation, made certain I would never be placed in a group with those three boys again, and had a teacher checking in on me every day during that class. She also made sure they knew what would happen if my grade happened to drop because of her visit. Next year, a teacher threatened to kill me if I got gum on her carpet. My mother called her, and the next day the teacher apologised to me, citing that she was wrong to do so. In high school, most of the counselors were incompetent, refusing to help me when I needed. My mother frequently told them off.

Choir

quote:

This troper's choir, upon hearing that our instructor's husband had been abusing her for the past few months, turned into son-and-daughter-bears. Said rear end-munch hubby showed up to our next concert and found himself face to face with twenty-five very angry music geeks. Especially the alto section leader who usually wouldn't hurt a fly but wanted to kill this guy with her bare hands, the 6-foot, 230-pound tenor who actually calls our instructor "Mom", and the chem major who threatened him with a few very novel uses of chromic acid.

Kilt

quote:

This troper has two Utilikilt and one formal kilt-he regularly wears the Utilikilt to school and church and the formal kilt to parties and special events. He's been told that he "has the legs for it," whatever that means.

Cantor

quote:

ThisTroper regularly challenges dress codes at the places that he works by wearing a kilt in after checking that it's technically allowed (which it is in most places). He also became mildly infamous as "that guy with long hair and a kilt" at his church. He used to cantor with one on at his old church, but has not gotten around to doing so at the current one.

These are from 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl':

quote:

This troper's mother filled this trope to a T when she met his father. She was a wild city girl/petty thief working as a third-shift waitress while he was an uptight security guard who would go to her diner for coffee before the start of his shift. She moved in with him after their first night together, and over time taught him how to dance and made over his image (is it still "petty" theft if she's making off with Armani suits?). He in turn gave her grounding and stability. They're still together 30 years later and balanced out a bit, though she's still the crazy one by far.

Intrigued

quote:

A lot of guys seem to think this troper is one of these; she's a geeky/artsy Cloudcuckoolander who, in her own words, likes to make life more interesting, occasionally decides to speak in iambic pentameter and has no trouble striking up conversations with strangers such as (in the comics section of the bookstore) "You know, I had a dream last night that Batman and Robin and Batgirl and all of their friends wanted to have a slumber party at my house. It was odd." Reactions range from "freaked out" to "intrigued," with increasing amounts of the latter as troper has left her teenage years behind. The problem comes from the part of the trope that dictates that the MPDG is essentially a shallow plot device to make the guy's life better; this troper definitely has her own thoughts, feelings, needs, and neuroses. Several guys, upon discovering this, have suddenly no longer been interested. Luckily, this troper has discovered that there are love interests who will treat her as a human being, not just someone to fulfill their wishes.

Lawful

quote:

Two cases. This troper's sister is a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. And Lawful Good. No, I don't know how. Thank the goddess for the Lawful half as well; means she's grounded enough where it counts to not end up dating someone I'd have to shoot. Further, this otherwise Chaotic Good troper also had a very, very bad experience with one of these in High School... Chaotic Stupid with healthy doses of What The Hell Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

Dumb

quote:

This Troper needed one of these. At his school were many people who tried to retain an MPDG image, but just came off as loud, annoying, and dumb. Then, I finally found mine, who immediately decided without my consent (not that I wouldn't have given it to her), my official best friend after I helped her in the library once. The only regret I had was not working up the guts to ask her out before she moved.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Highschool is bad

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I read everyone of those stupid things in BootsRaingears voice.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

omnibobb posted:

I read everyone of those stupid things in BootsRaingears voice.

Heck same

Commander Quack
Jul 23, 2003
quack quack quack
From the retail thread in BFC:

grimcreaper posted:

So, today began as any other Saturday.

Then, i went on first break and was given good news by the hardlines ASM that i will be getting off the registers and going to housewares starting middle of next week. Awesome!

Go back to my register and things again go the same normal way. And then... a kid hands me a toy. I ring it up and "she" asks me if she can hold on to it. I tell her ill ask your parents.

Look up at a woman wearing a "all men are assholes" shirt whos pushing poo poo onto the belt and i ask "is she allowed to hold the toy or would you prefer it i...." "did you just assume my childs gender? Dont ever call them a boy or girl unless THEY tell you what they are. Got it?"

I respond with "i apologize, wont happen again" thinking its a joke and continue ringing stuff up. Appearently not good enough of an apology, she demands to see a manager and proceeds to tell them how much of a gently caress up i am at being a human and this transgression needs a serious punishment. I should be fired. On the spot.

Once i ring up the last item, she starts yelling at me and swearing loudly. My new ASM walks up and tells her to leave. He aborts the transaction while shes losing her mind and tells me to go to the main office and wait for him.

A few minutes later he walks into the office and just shakes his head and says "Snowflakes gonna be snowflakes. Go ahead and sit for a few minutes if you need it and head back out when your ready."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Commander Quack posted:

From the retail thread in BFC:

:discourse: A strawman of a strawman defeated by someone who unironically uses "snowflake" to describe people, and not even defeated by the writer. All topped off by an accidental implication that the writer has no idea how humans interact. Exquisite