Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

There's no good ending to this.

Not true.

wyoming posted:

Apropos of nothing, I noticed recently the majority of murders from true crime shows involve jilted lovers.
You can be the subject of a true crime show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lurdiak posted:

So if a married woman "jokingly" flirts with you, sends you nearly naked pics and then says her marriage is going down the tubes, that's the thing it obviously is, right?

Hellraiser remake?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

So if a married woman "jokingly" flirts with you, sends you nearly naked pics and then says her marriage is going down the tubes, that's the thing it obviously is, right?
Let her sort her poo poo out first, otherwise you'll just be a rebound.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

There's no good ending to this.

Yeah, I'm not a dummy, it's just not a situation I ever expected to have to deal with.

Honest Thief posted:

Let her sort her poo poo out first, otherwise you'll just be a rebound.

Man, "my marriage is falling apart" is like a sucker line that 40 year old businessmen use on their secretary. I wouldn't be too surprised if the only thing to sort out is her wanting to have an affair. I don't know this woman super well, either, so I don't really know the content of her character.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, I'm not a dummy, it's just not a situation I ever expected to have to deal with.

Man, "my marriage is falling apart" is like a sucker line that 40 year old businessmen use on their secretary. I wouldn't be too surprised if the only thing to sort out is her wanting to have an affair. I don't know this woman super well, either, so I don't really know the content of her character.

Well it sounds like you're about to know her quite a bit more

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Grendels Dad posted:

Hellraiser remake!

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
The theater near me is showing Dr. Strangelove, Three Days of the Condor, and Seven Days in May this weekend. I love Strangelove and will be seeing that, but I don't know the other two - any opinions?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Because I don't feel like re-watching the remake of that by proxy.

I don't understand how you can willingly watch Kong '76 (Jeff Bridges aside) and not watch the Mighty Joe Young remake.

Toebone posted:

The theater near me is showing Dr. Strangelove, Three Days of the Condor, and Seven Days in May this weekend. I love Strangelove and will be seeing that, but I don't know the other two - any opinions?

Seven Days In May is really good.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I just saw Life and I think it's safe to say that it isn't a setup for Venom movie. That creature simply doesn't play nice with humans.

I found myself enjoying it a lot tho. It's not a must-see, it's not a revolutionary movie, but it definitely had some great moments.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Three Days of the Condor is legit, problematic sex stuff aside.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mierenneuker posted:

I just saw Life and I think it's safe to say that it isn't a setup for Venom movie. That creature simply doesn't play nice with humans.

I found myself enjoying it a lot tho. It's not a must-see, it's not a revolutionary movie, but it definitely had some great moments.

What does the alien look like?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

glam rock hamhock posted:

Oswalt has gotten more smaltzy since he had a kid but he's still kind of too much of a ball of insecurity to really get too self righteous. I do worry about Louis CK, who is one of the few comedians to keep his edge even after having kids, but after awhile I wouldn't be surprised if all his being held up by people and the viral sharing of his "kids these days with their tech" stuff could easily lead to him going in an annoying direction.

If Louie's fourth season is anything to go on, he's about to become the most boring, self-absorbed person on the planet.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't understand how you can willingly watch Kong '76 (Jeff Bridges aside) and not watch the Mighty Joe Young remake.

Well, because I had fonder memories of Kong '76 as a kid, as opposed to only vague mediocre memories of Joe Young '98 as a kid.

Also, turns out Guillermin's Kong is exactly as good as Jackson's, and mercifully shorter. Guillermin's King Kong Lives is even better and one of the best Kong movies of all time.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Carlin's ranting towards the end was impossibly unfunny.

And yet Life is Worth Losing is maybe my favorite stand up special ever

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CelticPredator posted:

It gradually becomes some sort of stingray/octopus hybrid.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lurdiak posted:

Yes

It's a spambot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Yes

It's a spambot

drat, they've started 3D printing spambots to infiltrate human society. I knew this day would come.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
We all did. We should have been prepared.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

drat, they've started 3D printing spambots to infiltrate human society. I knew this day would come.

The first ones had rubber skin, they were easy to spot.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The system goes online on August 4th, 2017. Human decisions are removed from relationships. Ashley Madison begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Footage of sex spambot beta testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
A guy in highschool I knew put his dick in his CPU fan once, I should have known then and there this would be our future.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I was trying to figure out how to make some kind of "tinder/nuclear fire" type pun but it wasn't working. So I thought I'd post about it anyway.

Got a 77% on the midterm I was worried about, which is fine by me. I still have over 90% in the class total.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

That was the last faze. They've advanced since then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHH2DFDcpH8

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wtf I just watched that video right after. Weird.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Oh thank god, I'm getting The Greasy Strangler today

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

K. Waste posted:

Oh thank god, I'm getting The Greasy Strangler today

How was whatever dc animated fare you got?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

MacheteZombie posted:

How was whatever dc animated fare you got?

I haven't watched it yet 'cause there's 26 predecessors. I watched Superman: Doomsday and it sucked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im going to see power rangers tonight bitches, and im gonna jack off the ENTIRE time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

K. Waste posted:

I haven't watched it yet 'cause there's 26 predecessors. I watched Superman: Doomsday and it sucked.

They all suck. DC made a few great animated movies in the 90s but that was a long time ago.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm working 9-9 today so when I get off I'm gonna drink scotch in the bathtub and not one of you fuckers can stop me.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

im going to see power rangers tonight bitches, and im gonna jack off the ENTIRE time

:toxx:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

CelticPredator posted:

If the alien isnt this then i dont wanna see it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lurdiak posted:

They all suck. DC made a few great animated movies in the 90s but that was a long time ago.

Ever since JLU went off the air, DC's animated output has been worthless.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Teen Titans Go is pretty cool but it is also hated by the fan base (and it feeds off that hate)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The guy who made JLU-era stuff great went and died 6 years ago, so that's probably not a coincidence. Dini and Timm have disappeared up their own asses, so it's not like they're gonna bring the golden days back.

I loving loved Batman: Brave and the Bold, though. That show would surpass the original Batman cartoon if it didn't get canned so abruptly and had one or two more seasons.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Teen Titans Go is pretty cool but it is also hated by the fan base (and it feeds off that hate)

Yeah that show's fine. But their movies, man. Their movies are poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Under the Red Hood was pretty good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I can't believe I have to say this...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Power Rangers... I knew Bryan Cranston was in the new movie. But until I saw him on Colbert (on youtube) yesterday, I had no idea he had been in Power Rangers before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Speaking of Power Rangers... I knew Bryan Cranston was in the new movie. But until I saw him on Colbert (on youtube) yesterday, I had no idea he had been in Power Rangers before.

I've known that since the Malcolm in the Middle days.

God drat it, I went and remembered that Cranston vanishes 20 minutes into Godzilla 2014 and the entire movie becomes a boring piece of poo poo, and now I'm annoyed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Don't you dare shittalk Batman Brave and the Bold

• Locked thread