Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Welp plot happened finally after several episodes of character set up, how quickly does this turn into a world ending explosion fest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ursula is a very very good girl

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
good episode, but the bit about diana wondering around reading exposition books without even a flimsy justification was kind of eyeroll worthy

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
at about 8:02 one of the old witch hats looks like something the Scarlet Witch would wear

she also appeared in inferno cop

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

good episode, but the bit about diana wondering around reading exposition books without even a flimsy justification was kind of eyeroll worthy

I dunno, the justification is probably whatever she saw when she saw Akko leaving Luna Nova

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
https://a.uguu.se/rBYC1aTeqvul_vau.webm

Unrelatedly, those flashes of the future were pretty god drat ominous. Looks to me like Luna Nova is gonna get blown the gently caress up.

Aurora posted:

I dunno, the justification is probably whatever she saw when she saw Akko leaving Luna Nova

This makes sense, but I kind of wish they'd checked back in with her at the end of the episode, the script just kind of forgot about her as soon as she read the plot-relevant knowledge.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Is... is the moon wearing a Goku uniform??

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I get the impression that this is the sort of thing Diana does all the time.

It looks like they're setting it up for Akko and Diana to work together to overcome whatever is about to happen. She knows the shiny rod is necessary to complete that ritual. One of those visions looked like faerie creatures angrily protesting about something. So maybe there will be a conflict of some sort involving them that will require the ritual to resolve.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the visions looked like the staff (the goblins and so forth) going on strike. Another showed the tower surrounded by withered trees.

Maybe we'll have a time skip where the school definitely does shut down and the next arc is about reviving it along with the state of magic in the world

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

One of the visions looked like the staff (the goblins and so forth) going on strike. Another showed the tower surrounded by withered trees.

Maybe we'll have a time skip where the school definitely does shut down and the next arc is about reviving it along with the state of magic in the world

The school will shut down, Diana will join forces with Akko's gang to help complete the ritual and restore magic back to the world. Somewhere along the line we learn how Chariot failed in attempting a similar feat, except Acco will succeed and become more beloved than Chariot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Fangz posted:

There will be a 40 year timeskip to Akko being a terrifying magical ecoterrorist who Diana has to take down.

Hmmmm

I guess the right comparison is not Harry Potter, but Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So you're saying that LWA is a prequel to LWA Fantasy 7 where Akko is Sephiroth?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

So you're saying that LWA is a prequel to LWA Fantasy 7 where Akko is Sephiroth?

Wrong game.

Akko
Koka
Keka
Kefka

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I think it'd be interesting if the 7 stars correspond to lessons Akko has to learn to become the adult ready to save the world. The first seems to have been ignited by her pure-hearted wonder at magic, and the second by her choosing to not sacrifice herself in pursuit of her dreams. I'm definitely curious what lesson Ursula failed at.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Negrostrike posted:

One of those 9 witch hats is totally Rita Repulsa's.

And another one was definitely Maleficent's face thingy from the Angelina Jolie movie.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

ominous

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Squidster posted:

I think it'd be interesting if the 7 stars correspond to lessons Akko has to learn to become the adult ready to save the world. The first seems to have been ignited by her pure-hearted wonder at magic, and the second by her choosing to not sacrifice herself in pursuit of her dreams. I'm definitely curious what lesson Ursula failed at.

She's definitely activated the first two words in big moments of resolve. I reckon you've got it right there.

I went looking for Shiny Chariot scenes to see if I could count how many of the gems on the staff she'd lit up, but there didn't seem to be any. It did remind me that Ursala is adorable though.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

She's definitely activated the first two words in big moments of resolve. I reckon you've got it right there.

I went looking for Shiny Chariot scenes to see if I could count how many of the gems on the staff she'd lit up, but there didn't seem to be any. It did remind me that Ursala is adorable though.

Maybe Ursula failed Woodward's test and gave up her past?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I wonder if there's gonna be a Glenn Danzig look-a-like in that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Negrostrike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNmJPntdpNc

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I just realized, when they were using the Cinderella set, I had heard that incantation somewhere before.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Breadmaster posted:

I just realized, when they were using the Cinderella set, I had heard that incantation somewhere before.

You cracked the case

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Negrostrike posted:

Tim Curry obviously.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Hrm that person looked familiar...

Oh.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I'm a little late on this but Akko's little scream gag in episode 10 totally reminded me of something and I remembered what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjfnclKmdY&t=10s

Which makes me realize that their characters are really similar

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh.

no

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if i made a video game, i'd make all of the bosses Bed of Chaos variants.

And then I'd make a cooler version of Artorias for the final boss but as soon you hit it once, a really big bed of chaos kills it and you have to fight it instead.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh.

Wow, :effort: translation there germany

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JD posted:

I'm a little late on this but Akko's little scream gag in episode 10 totally reminded me of something and I remembered what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjfnclKmdY&t=10s

Which makes me realize that their characters are really similar

!!! ... Quick, somebody fanart up a crossover!!!

Another adorable thing, but less focused on, was Lotte's "H-h-hiiiiii~!" when those four dudes fell in fake-love with her.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Squidster posted:

I'm guessing...whatever hosed up the moon.

Did you notice how the drawing of the moon on the Blue Moon card is unscarred? Maybe between the time of printing and now, it got that big star mark--and maybe that has to do with why Shiny Chariot is lying low.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

I'm guessing...whatever hosed up the moon.

Did you notice how the drawing of the moon on the Blue Moon card is unscarred? Maybe between the time of printing and now, it got that big star mark--and maybe that has to do with why Shiny Chariot is lying low.

Personally, I blame Japanese motorcycle gangs and/or vegans.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEjut1THACI

Second cour PV. It starts broadcasting in April, it's not split cour

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

poo poo's starting to get fuckin REAL

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That shot of Ursula with her Chariot coloured hair was good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aha, I knew that one girl looked not-generic enough

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

El Burbo posted:

You mean the one with the purple hair that screams "I'm a relevant character!"?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

El Burbo posted:

She the wood spirit thing?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

No, the Kamina looking lady from PV who says she's the future of magic or whatever

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think she's the lady with the sunglasses in the PV who appears to be set up as the antagonist of the second half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rodyle posted:

Apparently in Ursula's day Titania was part of the faculty, which is quite a bit more impressive than say, a fish.
She may still be a professor emeritus!

skasion posted:

https://a.uguu.se/rBYC1aTeqvul_vau.webm

Unrelatedly, those flashes of the future were pretty god drat ominous. Looks to me like Luna Nova is gonna get blown the gently caress up.

This makes sense, but I kind of wish they'd checked back in with her at the end of the episode, the script just kind of forgot about her as soon as she read the plot-relevant knowledge.
I was under the impression that the first shots - where it's showing fairy professor - are the past, and the second shots were the future. Sure looks that way, with the imagery of many demons, the tower and surrounding land covered in forest juxtaposed with modern rioters, the city (not Luna nova, but the city) in flames, and...

skasion posted:

No, the Kamina looking lady from PV who says she's the future of magic or whatever

Darth Walrus posted:

I think she's the lady with the sunglasses in the PV who appears to be set up as the antagonist of the second half.
This lady. She's the very last image you see before Akko faints.

• Locked thread