Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Who would the even get to replace him? The reason Ryan is there now is that no one could agree on anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rushi posted:

whats c-spam stand for lol

winning

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
powdered glass is a good replacement for fiber

tho you'll need to build up some intestinal callouses

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Silicon based lifeforms are possible, in theory, but they'd be wildly different from ourselves or anything we're prepared to communicate with. They almost certainly wouldn't have a blood equivalent which creates all kinds of problems straight off. If it worked they'd probably exist as tiny microbes deep below the surface. Hell maybe we have them here? Theory is that that's where the majority of the biomass on Earth is at

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

quadrophrenic posted:

but what do I know, i got a C in bio

it was one of those classes with clicker tests, and i lost my clicker thingy in the first week and never bothered to get a new one

nothing from college has mattered in my life so far :shrug:

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

but gently caress diatoms *votes for acidification of ocean*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Silicon based life is abomination and a threat to carbon based life so should be exterminated wherever encountered.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Silicon based lifeforms are possible, in theory, but they'd be wildly different from ourselves or anything we're prepared to communicate with. They almost certainly wouldn't have a blood equivalent which creates all kinds of problems straight off.
Why?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rushi posted:

whats c-spam stand for lol

cumshitter serious posts about money

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Gettin ready for Night of Small Hands I see.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/acosta/status/845803797893058560

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
diplomacy with a race that immediately perceives us as ambulatory piles of leaky meat would be awkward

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
most of the things i know i know from getting high and reading wikipedia

i honestly should've smoked more weed in college

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

MariusLecter posted:

Cum on my spam and eggs

Solarin posted:

cumshitter serious posts about money

MariusLecter posted:

Cum on my spam and eggs

:hai:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hell yeah they gonna do it!paul ryan is out baby!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Office Pig posted:

Oh right, Graham.

fwiw, nobody at that town hall was having it, and he exposed himself for the slimeball he is

Rah! posted:

Gargling
Oligarch
Piss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
could you take all your meat off before attempting to talk to us? we find it preferable to discuss things with your calcium deposits

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Cut my bill into pieces
I'll be golfing on my resort

I feel like this has been done already

cut my bill into pieces
this is my golf resort
turn on fox news, no reading
don't give a gently caress if i cut ryan bleeding
this is my golf resort

dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
etc

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

:confused:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
all of u guys think you're so deep talking about your lifeforms but what about post-based lifeforms

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

eonwe posted:

mass effect andromeda, critically acclaimed game of the year, probably has silicon based life forms

There were little ammonia based life guys that had to wear ammonia space suits in the Citadel in the original trilogy.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

if the information were actually true, i would be astoundingly ok with this.

also i just had to skip 600 pages, gently caress you people. now i have to go back and scan through for important news i missed.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Leviathan posted:

cut my bill into pieces
this is my golf resort
this is my golf resort

etc

lol

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Leviathan posted:

cut my bill into pieces
this is my golf resort
this is my golf resort

etc

cuz im losing support
losing my mind
wish somebody would tell me im Ayn

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leviathan posted:

cut my bill into pieces
this is my golf resort
this is my golf resort

etc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Vermont-delegation-holds-joint-meeting-in-Hardwick-11027365.php

quote:

Members of Vermont's congressional delegation told hundreds of constituents at a rousing town hall meeting Saturday that the defeat of the Republican health plan was "a victory," with U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders telling the cheering crowd that he plans to introduce a "Medicare for all" bill soon.
Democratic U.S. Rep. Peter Welch said he would introduce the same bill in the House of Representatives.

"It wasn't just we defeated them," Sanders, an independent, said. "It was how we defeated them," with rallies around the country, town meetings and people standing up and fighting back.
"No, we're not going to give $300 million in tax breaks to the top 2 percent and then throw 24 million Americans off of health insurance. Ain't gonna happen," Sanders said.
Welch called the Republican health plan designed to replace the Obama-era health law known as the Affordable Care Act a tax cut bill masquerading as health care.
"This health care bill was not the art of the deal. It was the art of the steal," he said.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

ryan looking like he's about to fake his urine test in order to sneak into a space program

Hell yeah excellent Gattaca reference.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Prettz posted:

if the information were actually true, i would be astoundingly ok with this.

also i just had to skip 600 pages, gently caress you people. now i have to go back and scan through for important news i missed.

you absolutely do not

the unwritten golden rule of trump thread: skip to latest page and :justpost:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/safarishane/status/845797424165728259

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Been playing a children's card game the last few hours, skipping 550 posts

Trump still prez??

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hahah putin is gonna take care of this fucker soooooo fast

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I forget the exact reasoning but some Big Science Man spoke about this at length and it has something to do with silicon not playing as nicely as a liquid as carbon does. Requires much more extreme and novel conditions to be something that flows and could carry nutrition throughout the body.

So anything silicon-based would probably be something without blood and totally alien to us, as in we wouldn't even recognize it as living unless we saw it moving which isn't a for-sure thing that it even would be mobile, or would have a blood analogue but we'd never see it because it can only live on a planet hotter than Mercury

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

quadrophrenic posted:

you absolutely do not

the unwritten golden rule of trump thread: skip to latest page and :justpost:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

cumshitter posted:

obvs in a post trump hellscape i wont have access to gay hookup apps som im gonna have to figure out a way to holdl a knife to dudes throats and force them to gently caress me in the rear end.

someho w im gonna have to figure out how to be the receptive, submissive partner in unprotected anal sex while also ensuring i have the upper hand

Become a striper

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trumped-up trickle down

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

triple sulk posted:

Been playing a children's card game the last few hours, skipping 550 posts

Trump still prez??

well its not paul ryan

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
1. He is the Donald
2. The Donald is the President of the United States
3. The Donald is a WINNER. The Donald does not LOSE.
4. Any questions, go to Rule #1.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the speaker doesnt have to be a member of congress. newt, alex jones, steve bannon, louie gohmert, ivanka, devin nunes, all are possiblities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I forget the exact reasoning but some Big Science Man spoke about this at length and it has something to do with silicon not playing as nicely as a liquid as carbon does. Requires much more extreme and novel conditions to be something that flows and could carry nutrition throughout the body.

So anything silicon-based would probably be something without blood and totally alien to us, as in we wouldn't even recognize it as living unless we saw it moving which isn't a for-sure thing that it even would be mobile, or would have a blood analogue but we'd never see it because it can only live on a planet hotter than Mercury
This is interesting. Would they still need oxygen, or would that not bond with silicon like it does with carbon?

• Locked thread