Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Where would be the best place for a preorder,? I have it on AZN but I see the local GS has a promo out too. Do they still have that $5 fee and tax for games?

I don't have prime Fwiw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sooo.. Make a separate loving save after the looooooong boring intros for when you replay?

Yeah, lemme tell you how much I don't want to keep my progress on the compendium or get the secret bosses because Atlus can't give you a feature that skips you to a certain point in the game and save you some time. Like it ain't too bad because cutscene skip is really fast and a good portion of the game's opening cutscenes are event cutscenes that can be outright skipped, but it's still annoying as poo poo to get through.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe they don't have their name yet by that point.

Uh, the game literally opens teaching you about every mechanic and then pulls through a lengthy tutorial to re-explain all of the mechanics and it only gives you stealth halfway through the first dungeon, not after you decide to be the Phantom Thieves.

Ineffiable posted:

Persona 5 isn't going to be a perfect game for everyone but it's gonna be really enjoyable.

It's a loving great game, but yeah. The game is not gonna be everything you want it to be. When it's good though, oh my god it's so loving good and that's more often than not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sooo.. Make a separate loving save after the looooooong boring intros for when you replay?

that means you can't keep stuff or access new game plus features

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You'd really think that there'd be some detection that if you were doing a New Game+ save and/or picked like Risky difficulty, they'd get those first couple hours moving a bit faster, but whatever RPG tutorials are weird.

also someone remind me to keep rolling saves this time cause like twice in P4 I had to replay a month cause I forgot to buy an important book or some poo poo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe they don't have their name yet by that point.
i mean yeah probably, but also its funny that in a game about doing heists in catsuits, stealth is a later addition than you'd think

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kindly stop using so many f-bombs

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah, lemme tell you how much I don't want to keep my progress on the compendium or get the secret bosses because Atlus can't give you a feature that skips you to a certain point in the game and save you some time. Like it ain't too bad because cutscene skip is really fast and a good portion of the game's opening cutscenes are event cutscenes that can be outright skipped, but it's still annoying as poo poo to get through.

Uh, the game literally opens teaching you about every mechanic and then pulls through a lengthy tutorial to re-explain all of the mechanics and it only gives you stealth halfway through the first dungeon, not after you decide to be the Phantom Thieves.

It's a loving great game, but yeah. The game is not gonna be everything you want it to be. When it's good though, oh my god it's so loving good and that's more often than not.

But what if it is Baal, what then

What if it is everything I want it to be huh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Oblivious posted:

But what if it is Baal, what then

What if it is everything I want it to be huh

Congrats, my dude, I hope it's everything you want it to be and more.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Kindly stop using so many f-bombs

what the frick

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

gently caress you baal

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

gently caress you beef chief

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this loving onigairii is oshay sepai

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hear that to properly convey the appeal of the game to westerns they localized Phantom Thief Joker as Phantom Thief Fucker.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Persona 5 isn't going to be a perfect game

well we already knew that b/c theres no boy kissing options

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

gently caress you baal

Motto posted:

gently caress you beef chief

I can't believe the assault on my character in this thread

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm frickin PUMPED for this game :D

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Relin posted:

this loving onigairii is oshay sepai

There's a hibachi place here called "Oyishi," like all of their signage says Oyishi. The Japanese word for delicious is spelled oishii.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Persona 5 isn't going to be a perfect game

Mods? Mods??

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't out for the PC so I'm afraid that won't help.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i am going to play video games while the cat watches me in disappointment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

i am going to play video games while the cat watches me in disappointment.

Yes but what are you going to do in Persona 5?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

cast bufu at an ice absorbing shadow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

:yeah:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Hopefully play with a cat while my video game watches me in disgust

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Roobanguy posted:

OH MY GOD DUDE... what are you doing?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

wizard on a water slide posted:

Persona 5 is primed to be a gateway into the SMT series for thousands/millions of players, as previous Persona games have been but on an even larger scale, and I appreciate it taking the time to ease them in and understanding that not every game is supposed to be structured like Dark Souls.

The only error is assuming there's no middle ground between Twilight "here's hours of meaningless bullshit to teach you what a five minute tutorial could have" Princess and Dark "frick you for not doing your internet research" Souls. Maybe it's because I've only replayed P3/P4 about three times over the years but from memory their tutorial sections were more about setting the stage for things naturally and less about locking you out of everything until you've proven that you know where the X button is. Not being able to skip the whole intro is a knock against it I guess but no sane person would dwell on it.

Moltrey posted:

also someone remind me to keep rolling saves this time cause like twice in P4 I had to replay a month cause I forgot to buy an important book or some poo poo

Speaking of internet research, I kinda don't want to play this until there's a 100% guide out for this reason. I know I don't have to bother trying to platinum it because they copied the bullshit Rise trophy from P4G for Futaba but doing all the other things would be good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are already guides

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mailer posted:

Speaking of internet research, I kinda don't want to play this until there's a 100% guide out for this reason. I know I don't have to bother trying to platinum it because they copied the bullshit Rise trophy from P4G for Futaba but doing all the other things would be good.

Good news this game came out like half a year ago

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
No wonder Baal likes Goro Fuckman so much

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i checked on gamefaqs idily last week and there's already a Break Down Every Calendar Day For Max Social Link guide.

I'm tempted to use it, but im a strong gamer

e: goro loving rules motherfucker

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No wonder Baal likes Goro Fuckman so much

He is the best fuckboy

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I might use a guide to maximize social stats as leveling those up is always such a pain.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I won't use a All Social Links guide my first playthrough but I will use a "whats the right thing to say for these social links" guide because I'm going to savescum that poo poo either way, might as well save myself the time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to do what I want, where I want, efficiency be damned!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mailer posted:

I know I don't have to bother trying to platinum it because they copied the bullshit Rise trophy from P4G for Futaba but doing all the other things would be good.
What's the story here?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Raxivace posted:

What's the story here?

IIRC the trophy is for getting Rise to say every possible line in battle, which sounds like a loving nightmare.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Raxivace posted:

What's the story here?

There's a trophy for getting Rise to say 250 things in battle like "Teddy is poisoned!" or "That's weak to darkness!" or whatever. Most people I think don't like to switch from their favorite characters which makes it borderline impossible cause like if you never used Teddy that's like 50 lines you'll never get, Yosuke's another 50 you can never get, etc.

edit: I got it on my first area you get rise in ng+ so I managed ~249 in one run apparently without trying for reference

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 26, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got that trophy on my first run

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, okay. I'd assume they want you get that by using a different party in NG+ but those are my least favorite kind of Trophies in games.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Raxivace posted:

Huh, okay. I'd assume they want you get that by using a different party in NG+ but those are my least favorite kind of Trophies in games.

From memory (and this totally could have been proven wrong by now) it was in a single playthrough. You also had to play pretty poorly, since you had to do a shitload of things and engage in weird scenarios that normally you would never see. Playing normally where you smash weaknesses then all-out attack means you miss the majority of lines. You really have to play randomly and get wrecked a lot to get it naturally.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
6 hours 30 minutes until Persona 5 Complete Edition is announced by Atlus Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Speaking of that, what the hell does FES mean?