Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
speaking of ICE:
https://twitter.com/KOINNews/status/846161232256102400
no warrant? just refuse to leave and keep screaming and hammering on the door until someone eventually opens up. ICE always get their man! or child, or whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Back when Alabama passed that SB1070 style legislation, the farmers all lost their poo poo and a whole lot of stories got written about the huge problem the GOP created by kicking out all the hispanics.

The farmers were saying they were offer at least $10/hr, but they couldn't find anyone willing to take the jobs and the people that did show up never came back after the first day (once they realized it was such hard work).

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Duscat posted:

this is one of those things everybody in the south knew was going to happen, especially the farm owners themselves, and they still loving voted for trump

no, most don't believe that that situation even exists. They're taking the jobs, remember.

shiksa posted:

"unintended"?

where the gently caress did these ding dongs think undocumented immigrants worked

to this, they'd say they were unemployed and on welfare — which is fantastic alongside the above

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

kaleedity posted:

do you think this country wasn't built on coerced labor

*jaden smithishly* they all were

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

This is the most that Paul Ryan has ever worked out his legs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay had "Illegal Labor Bubble" as the first bubble to pop under Trump? It'll be soon if it happens because it's plantin' time and dame nature waits for no man

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why the gently caress are we even getting involved their even more. like i can at least understand raids on AQ and poo poo but why are openly helping SA in their dumb proxy war with iran.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/846103962633879552

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 27, 2017

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

apatheticman posted:

Oh gently caress, just don't.

It's literally the shittiest piece of highly polished poo poo I've ever seen.

the end boss battle was a video game boss battle w a shield that had its own lifebar to divide up the fight phases

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

Okay had "Illegal Labor Bubble" as the first bubble to pop under Trump? It'll be soon if it happens because it's plantin' time and dame nature waits for no man

It's a disaster here :sun:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SpaceGoku posted:

they would pay a lot better if we had robust protections for workers regardless of their immigration status
Right, but they would still be in the same position of not being able to afford the help they used to get.
The problem is agriculture is gonna suffer because it's been on the drug of being able to exploit immigrants for low wages.

Also if you run a big enough farm you gotta hire people, you're either not running a "small" farm and can afford the equipment to rely on less workers or you're successful enough to afford paying them right.

Agriculture is gonna take a huge hit anyway soon due to indoor growing and LED growlights are getting cheaper by the second. Just covert an old night club or parking building or whatever and boom, tons of produce with very little work. Less than a field due to being able to control the environment significantly more.

ThndrShk2k fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 27, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
god of all the systems to really gently caress up trump had to do the food system/coerced labor system, the thing that america has protected and enshrined as the most american thing since those rich landowners started this shithouse country

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

A lot of farm hand positions start at $12-13 hour w/ guaranteed overtime because they're 48-52 hour a week positions.

It's also such back breaking and soul crushing work that white people would rather overdose in WalMart parking lots than do it, and since this is late Capitalism the wages will not rise to compensate for the increased demand of labor because that only works in one direction

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Tainen posted:

:siren:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/846180978645221377

Probably really hiding to evade arrest for when his illegal trump tower taps are exposed

Or at his secret deep state island base

gently caress man, I wanna hang out on Choom Island

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ICE is doing a good job of distracting from how bad regular cops are

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Oh gently caress, just don't.

It's literally the shittiest piece of highly polished poo poo I've ever seen.

let's center a movie on this character

APPROVED!

and two random dudes who cares

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

its already happening and all the agri business around these parts is freaking the gently caress out

the deportations and abuses of immigrants are going to be trumos lasting legacy that do damage longer and deeper than the russian garbage ever will

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

eonwe posted:

theres a reason why americans wont take those jobs

they dont want to pay a reasonable wage and they are insanely loving hard and the hours are long

I too saw that episode of Vice.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Squizzle posted:

the end boss battle was a video game boss battle w a shield that had its own lifebar to divide up the fight phases

Except boring somehow.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

shiksa posted:

"unintended"?

where the gently caress did these ding dongs think undocumented immigrants worked

Well obviously they were taking all the REAL JOBS from REAL AMERICANS

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

It's also such back breaking and soul crushing work that white people would rather overdose in WalMart parking lots than do it, and since this is late Capitalism the wages will not rise to compensate for the increased demand of labor because that only works in one direction

oh yeah.

it's not bad if you're working the machinery, but the other positions are nightmares

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Squizzle posted:

And for some reason it was really interested in destroying a bus full of children and an old man more than the things that were shooting it. The "Wow, you aliens happen to speak english" line from this guy was so blatant and delivered with such gusto.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

Right, but they would still be in the same position of not being able to afford the help the used to get.
The problem is agriculture is gonna suffer because it's been on the drug of being able to exploit immigrants for low wages.

Also if you run a big enough farm you gotta hire people, you're either not running a "small" farm and can afford the equipment to rely on less workers or you're successful enough to afford paying them right.

Agriculture is gonna take a huge hit anyway soon due to indoor growing and LED growlights getting cheaper by the second. Just covert an old night club or parking building or whatever and boom, tons of produce with very little work. Less than a field due to being able to control the environment significantly more.

labor cost is a tiny fraction of the expense of our produce, undocumented farm laborers aren't exploited because we couldn't afford food if they were paid fairly, they're exploited because farm owners can get away with it with zero punishment

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm actually bigly in favor of farm subsidies because having lots of food to go around is never a bad thing. The problem is that any wage issue for farmhands is going to have to run through the companies that own the farms themselves, and if you give them money to pay workers more they will just keep it for themselves.

The alternative, government run agencies that maintain their own fair pay for their employees which they contract out to farms, is an absolute impossibility under Trump even though it would solve a lot of problems in one swoop

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

lol what i want to hear more abou this

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Admiral Ray posted:

god of all the systems to really gently caress up trump had to do the food system/coerced labor system, the thing that america has protected and enshrined as the most american thing since those rich landowners started this shithouse country

A modern day Lincoln.

Lincoln tolls in the start of the Republican party's power play
Trump tolls the end.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

apatheticman posted:

Except boring somehow.

the movie had no characters

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Another thing they're probably going to find out is that it's not really unskilled labor

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sir Tonk posted:

Back when Alabama passed that SB1070 style legislation, the farmers all lost their poo poo and a whole lot of stories got written about the huge problem the GOP created by kicking out all the hispanics.

The farmers were saying they were offer at least $10/hr, but they couldn't find anyone willing to take the jobs and the people that did show up never came back after the first day (once they realized it was such hard work).

reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOZKeOauNI

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I think this article is relevant to all of us in this thread, including Donald Trump, who I'm sure shits at work all the time, and doesn't properly wipe his fat rear end.

In short, everyone should own a bidet.

http://torontosunfamily.blogspot.ca/2008/03/porter-potty.html

quote:

The most depressing spectacle a man may see on entering a public washroom to urinate is that of the feet of another man who is seated behind the half-door of a water closet in the act of defecation. There is something wrong with a man who defecates in some washroom outside his home. He is either ill, ignorant or unclean.

The custom of reading the newspaper regularly in a water closet at one's place of employment is not merely a theft of one's employer's time but, often, an offence to the eyes, ears and nose of one's colleagues.

A healthy, intelligent, fastidious man defecates in his home or hotel bathroom in the morning before he takes his shower or tub. In this way he ensures that his body is immaculate before he dons his underwear. Defecation in any place where it is difficult to wash the anus is unhygienic. No matter how good is the quality of the toilet paper available it is never as effective as soap and water.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I too saw that episode of Vice.

i actually have only seen the north korea episode of vice

i just know because i grew up in the south and have routinely seen the stuff illegal immigrants do in agriculture and otherwise

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

let them fail if they cant afford to pay good wages

afaik it seems to be more of a case of "won't" than "can't afford"

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Tainen posted:

:siren:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/846180978645221377

Probably really hiding to evade arrest for when his illegal trump tower taps are exposed

Or at his secret deep state island base

honestly can't blame obama for not returning to Rome until things get settled

there's serious poo poo going down, and putin's having people already in exile gunned down in broad daylight just for being openly critical of him, with apparent impunity

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nonsense posted:

let's center a movie on this character

APPROVED!

and two random dudes who cares

Also he's gay but you don't find out till him and his partner die lmao

In the words of Eric zyzsca doing a bigot redneck movie producer: how about thyre gay but also they're dead!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i cant wait until theres an article about obamas reaction to the healthcare vote fiasco but i have a feeling its going to be, "The president just sat there laughing, for hours, until I left because I had to get to my flight."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

ICE is doing a good job of distracting from how bad regular cops are

ICE actually seems to murder less minorities than cops

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Yinlock posted:

afaik it seems to be more of a case of "won't" than "can't afford"

actually most farms are in hilarious amounts of debt

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Epic High Five posted:

Nobody will face his wrath like the GOP will though. The Dems he knew he could count on, in an odd way, and they delivered to his expectations. The GOP however betrayed his trust, which to someone like Trump is an ultimate crime. He mentioned the Dems while he was playing nice but hasn't since the Judge Pirro tweet, so it's obvious who he has made his mind up to blame.

Can't remember where it was, but I read a quote from a "senior WH official" that Trump doesn't consider himself a Republican. So I think we're going to see quite a few clashes like this, where Trump thinks "Republicans in Congress have to obey me because I'm the President" instead of "Republicans in Congress should be able to get along with me because we're on the same team".

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Trazz posted:

This is the most that Paul Ryan has ever worked out his legs

:vince:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Squizzle posted:

the movie had no characters

not true, it had the virtuous chinese lady pilot romance shoehorned in for the sake of Middle Kingdom audiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

actually most farms are in hilarious amounts of debt

i mean the big bosses behind the farms rather than the farms themselves

• Locked thread