Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Pat Beverly doesnt want players to rest because then he can't injure them

It may now mean diving into them as they sit 2 rows back, but Bev will find a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Libertine posted:

I would rather see the Nuggets get a shot at taking a game off the 1 seed than the Blazers this year. Blazers have been a totally uninspiring dumpster fire, and the Nuggets at least have Jokic.

They've won 7 of 8, 11 of 14, and one of those losses was on a shot that shouldn't have counted because the guy stepped out of bounds. Basically the Nurkic trade turned them into "pretty good" territory.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Denver in the playoffs just to get Jokic some national attention.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Femur posted:

the last 2 years of those runs, the narrative was that Lebron carried the weight on those teams, as Bosh didn't put up numbers, missed playoff games, and Wade was in decline, constantly hurt. Their last championship was due to a hail mary 3.

I am not saying this is the reason to rig, but the heat window was closed because of wade. He makes Max money, without adding max value, and the team could not improve. I think NBA people saw this, Lebron certainly did, he hinted at leaving a year in advance or something?
I think it's pretty obvious that LeBron was talking with the commissioner's office making sure they loaded the Cavs up with top picks so he could go home after he finished up in Miami. They probably planned it the very first year after he got all the backlash for leaving.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I love you.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

haha who could've guessed that a famous rapper might respect a shameless self-promoter/unbelievable braggart

Paul Zuvella posted:

Sounds like he actually wants to work for the Knicks.

NOW WE GOT A COLONEL FOR THIS MOTHERFUCKING TANK

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Imgur's vid to gif can clip a section out of an online video pretty quickly if you want to do it yourself in the future:
https://imgur.com/vidgif/
woo teaching a horse to fish or whatever

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Fast Luck posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that LeBron was talking with the commissioner's office making sure they loaded the Cavs up with top picks so he could go home after he finished up in Miami. They probably planned it the very first year after he got all the backlash for leaving.

Yeah, and he and his posse had to take over the players union and not fight back.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Breaking News:

Channing Frye, Andrei Kirilenko, and Tim Duncan were in a WoW guild together and played till 4 a.m. every night.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I just realized it would have been perfect if Tim Duncan had been shipped a regular potato with no pictures on it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tim Duncan: Orc Shaman
AK47: Undead Rogue
Channing Frye: Troll Priest or some boring poo poo

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I feel like Tim Duncan probably would've played Alliance tho

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Breaking News:

Channing Frye, Andrei Kirilenko, and Tim Duncan were in a WoW guild together and played till 4 a.m. every night.

Maybe Duncan lost weight later in his career because his diet consisted of red bull and wheat thins.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cash Monet posted:

Maybe Duncan lost weight later in his career because his diet consisted red bull and wheat thins.

WoW players don't lose weight.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Solid fundamentals, cornerstone of any team he was on, willing to get low in the post and do what needs to be done:
Tim Duncan, Protection Warrior

Versatile, willing to fill up the stats in a number of ways, always shifting around to do whatever the team needs:
Andrei Kirilenko, Feral Druid

Ton of potential on paper, but ideally wants to just sit in the corner all day lobbing up shots from downtown:
Channing Frye, Elemental Shaman

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Intruder posted:

I love ya Pat but this is really dumb

I can kinda see where he's coming from because he played in like loving Siberia for a year while Tim Duncan was sleeping off late night WoW raids

but he's also wrong

Grow up dadless or grow up with LaVar Ball?? tough choice

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat Beverely probably shouldn't talk about resting players when he's yet to play more than 65 games in a season

Of course you don't mind playing all the games, you get more rest than Lebron actively ducking games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Strawberry Panda posted:

Breaking News:

Is this true

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

You don't have to guess for AK47, remember he got his character tattooed on his back then had the tattoo slowly removed because it was one of the worst pieces of poo poo anyone had ever seen?

I think he was a Dwarf Paladin or something

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

was revealed on RJ's podcast I believe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Breaking News:

This makes me so happy

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

If saucy NBA players were hot sauces, rank them from spicy to mild.

My friends and I have:
AI - Blair's Mega Death w/ liquid rage
JR smith- mad dog 357
Jamal Crawford - dave's insanity
White chocolate - that weird blueberry one
Kyrie - el yucateco
Malik Monk (preemptive) - Sriracha
Devin Booker - tabasco
Steph - Texas pete
Sebastian Telfair - Valentina's

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Austin Rivers - Crystal
Lillard - Louisiana Hot Sauce

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I'm pretty sure Ben Simmons could have played this year.

https://twitter.com/SportsDirectTV/status/846107464051429376

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Spacebump posted:

I just realized it would have been perfect if Tim Duncan had been shipped a regular potato with no pictures on it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I dunno...how many vids have we seen of him posting up 5' 7'' team managers or shooting free throws in street clothes?

Embiid watch set the bar for how close someone is to playing.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A spicy Spanish Allioli - Ricky Rubio.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Eh, not sure why the 76ers would keep him out at this point. May as well be cautious.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Did you guys catch that Jeanie won whatever game of thrones poo poo was going on with the Lakers

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19016143/jeanie-buss-los-angeles-lakers-replaces-brother-sister-trustee

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Confirmed by Frye on the RJ and Frye podcast.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

chunkles posted:

Did you guys catch that Jeanie won whatever game of thrones poo poo was going on with the Lakers

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19016143/jeanie-buss-los-angeles-lakers-replaces-brother-sister-trustee

Every story that comes out makes Jim Buss sound like an idiot with no foresight. I'm still struggling to see how everything he did would have worked out?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/michaelgrange/status/846384493262987266

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

roasted

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/846511332908187648

NBA Best League.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Amazing. It's like hiring the man who just robbed your house to design the security system

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

and on the third fiscal quarter since his firing, hinkie rose from the dead

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Shots fired

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That interview will be one question long:

"So what do you think about Buddy Hield?"

And then he'll be asked to kindly leave after his answer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I want to see Vivek and Hinkie discuss strategy soooooo bad.

Eventually Hinkie devolves into comping all players to current or former warriors to get Vivek to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

• Locked thread