Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

I'm out of time, someone please do Donald Trump slams Freedom Caucus on Twitter, says Democrats will ‘make a deal’, a whole bunch of them are actively turning on Trump over this poo poo.

Ask and ye shall receive.

quote:

To: Coronal
I happily voted for him, but attacking conservatives — who almost unanimously supported him — is not only stupid, but will alienate his most supportive base.

4 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:24:30 PM by ought-six (Multiculturalism is national suicide, and political correctness is the cyanide capsule.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

I have a bad feeling Trump is going to feed us another poo poo sandwich with NO repeal! He thinks one of his rallies will pacify us why we get screwed over.

10 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:27:18 PM by Artcore (Donald J. Trump - 45th President of the United States of America!)

quote:

This is a mistake with long term consequences. The far right backed him in his bid for the Presidency. The RINO’s he’s in bed with now all opposed him.

11 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:27:31 PM by SeeSharp

Hi Kitkat! No time for your game today.

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin
Trump going after the Freedom Caucus this way is REALLY starting to PISS ME OFF what the HELL is he thinking!!! HE PROMISED REPEAL not half assed repeal, or sort of repeal, he PROMISED ripped up by the roots repeal!!!! I watched EVERY rally and this IS wat he promised!!! Trump NEEDS to STHU or he is going to lose his base!!!!

16 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:29:32 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Hey Trump...the FC isn’t responsible for your lies about repealing Obamacare. You shot your big mouth off at every rally telling us that you would repeal and replace! You never sad one word about this being done in “Phases!”

The FC is holding you to YOUR promises!

23 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:33:59 PM by Artcore (Donald J. Trump - 45th President of the United States of America!)

:confused:

quote:

To: ought-six; Coronal
We may be witnessing the second coming of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

26 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:35:31 PM by aquila48
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ought-six
I lay all of this at the feet of the incompetent and disloyal Ryan, but is it not also true that the Freedom Caucus was overrepresented in the ranks of the Never Trumpers?

46 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:44:42 PM by Behind the Blue Wall

e: that's just from the first page. They're up to 141 replies as of right now! :getin:

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

All this talk of Muzzy but none of Babar? Bah.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Freepers: We may be witnessing the second coming of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Please tell me that fits

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Deuce posted:

Freepers: We may be witnessing the second coming of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Please tell me that fits

If not, try Freepers: Witnessing the 2nd coming of Arnold Schwarzenegger

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.
Thanks, those are great.

This is from another thread. The entire thing was in bold.

quote:

To: marron

If there are not the votes for a full repeal--which we devoutly wish for--we may have to accept an interim measure, in order to keep our momentum going! In the meanwhile, we should employ some pretty clear talking points. As posted yesterday:

I think that the President made it clear that he did not see the issue as at all simplistic in agreeing to the Ryan approach as a first of at least three steps to get the Bureaucracy supervising Health Care off of the backs of American medical care provisioning.

I think the essential thing, now, is that we keep moving forward in the quest. So long as many Republicans still cling to the folly that the Federal Government has a proper role in civilian health care, the progress back to what actually works will be slow.

The fundamental fallacy driving Federal involvement is the egalitarian-collectivist mindset, that premises unlimited claims to power, so long as those claiming power seek to level the conditions of those subject of their power.

In the Jacobin & Bolshevik revolutions, the orchestrators assumed the "right" to freely slaughter those who offended by having wealth & land, or being connected with organized religion. Since LBJ on the Health Care front, the egalitarian collectivists have been endeavoring to make certain that medical care was provided equally to rich & poor, healthy & unhealthy, provident & improvident.

Other than this Jacobin/Marxist obsession with leveling humanity, there is no rational reason to intrude a far off bureaucracy into something as inherently immediate, inherently local, as the relationship between physician & patient. Nor is the obsession really excusable on a pretense of the special needs of the person with a medical "precondition" (so far as the insurance industry is concerned).

The oath that physicians have been taking for 2300 years, requires them to treat the person with the "precondition," whether that person can pay or not. (Policing the insurance industry in this manner--not a role granted in the Federal Constitution--is a ridiculous red herring, when you recognize the effect of that ancient, but ongoing oath.)

LBJ's 1965 intrusion, tripled the percentage of our GDP that went to Health Care. Obama's ACA was a piling on an already developing disaster.

One other very clear factor. Whereas the far less regulated computer related fields have seen immense cost reductions, as the power of innovation increased; the cost of new technology in the over meddled with provision of Health Care, has exploded upwards.

Does anyone not understand that imposing layers of bureaucracy does not help the conscientious physician in addressing the unique situation of each afflicted patient; that you cannot treat unique individuals by arbitrary check lists; that Government regulated health care--and simply deciding the extent of funding for whatever is a form of regulation;--can never be an improvement over the care furnished by skilled people, honorably required to do the best they can for each unique individual in each unique situation.

(And believe it or not, many of those now hobbled physicians actually know more about health care than the bureaucrats in Washington!)

34 posted on 3/28/2017, 11:54:40 AM by Ohioan

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

McGlockenshire posted:

I'm out of time, someone please do Donald Trump slams Freedom Caucus on Twitter, says Democrats will ‘make a deal’, a whole bunch of them are actively turning on Trump over this poo poo.

My first reaction when I saw that tweet was "Oh shiiit Freep is gonna go ballistic over this." I was not disappointed. :allears:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

roll tide

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

“I want white teachers to teach in the hood, believe it or not. I’m for that. But I want them to do it in a way that makes them effective and not burnt out.

Well, that's not entirely what or why things go on. No matter what color the teacher they'll all get overwhelmed with lots of kids, not enough funding for the schools, and once the kids go through school there's nothing really available for them but a minimum wage burger flipping job.

quote:

Black teachers with white supremacist ideologies [are] just as dangerous as white folks who don’t understand culture

What the gently caress does this even mean? Self hating blacks are the same as uncultured whites? The gently caress is this trash?

This thing's racist as all gently caress. The first half just made me think the guy was an idiot, but yeah, this is delving into racism hard

quote:

To: rktman

education, wisdom and fact is white supremacism?

Could this be why Africa is still in the dark ages and why all the brilliant blacks happen to be conservative branded uncle Tom?

Perhaps this could very well be double think. If I were a nasty racist, I would poison the black community with this very mentality.

35 posted on 3/28/2017, 10:25:21 AM by mainestategop (DonÂ’t Let Freedom Slip Away! After America , There is No Place to Go)

The reason Africa (only certain parts) is in the "dark ages" is because until very recently it was full of white Europeans enslaving and taking advantage of the areas for plantations and mining during the "empires" era. Now that these things are no longer profitable or considered moral and refuse to go back and clean up their messes, those areas are suffering a financial and power vacuum.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I have a bad feeling Trump is going to feed us another poo poo sandwich with NO repeal! He thinks one of his rallies will pacify us why we get screwed over.

10 posted on 3/28/2017, 12:27:18 PM by Artcore (Donald J. Trump - 45th President of the United States of America!)

Why not? It worked all through the election, and even then you guys worshipped the ground he walked on. And after all that poo poo, him wanting to work with the other side is what makes you turn? gently caress man, you guys are idiots

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 28, 2017

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Border wall funding likely to be put on hold

But I thought Mexico was going to pay for it!

quote:

To: 198ml

Oh no you don’t, you spawn of female dogs. You’re not running out the clock on this.

3 posted on 03/28/2017 3:36:27 PM PDT by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

quote:

Business as usual in the swamp. Call it defense and lard it with pork.

4 posted on 03/28/2017 3:36:38 PM PDT by AndyJackson

Holy poo poo, The OP is having a meltdown!

quote:

Soooo, I can’t WAIT to see how the countless Trump surrogates continue to rationalize/justify the non-building of the wall. “Go to HELL, you stupid ... stupid STUPID NeverTrumper STUPIDHEAD!!! Who CARE’s if he’s broken the Obamacare, taxes, draining the swamp, border promises. Dear Leader KNOWS what he’s doing, you stupid stupid traitor RINO stupidheads. Don’t you KNOW what a successful businessman he is?!?! You hate America, cuz you don’t blindly follow Dear Leader!!!!”

5 posted on 03/28/2017 3:37:27 PM PDT by 198ml ("Profit")

quote:

the folks won’t stand for it. and they Rinos like McTurdle will find out just how frustrated we are.

6 posted on 03/28/2017 3:40:17 PM PDT by Zenjitsuman (Y)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Yes, veto the federal budget, I'm sure that will go over well.

quote:

If I were Trump, I’d veto the bill until the Senate coughed up the money.

7 posted on 03/28/2017 3:41:37 PM PDT by tennmountainman ("Prophet Mountainman" Predicter Of All Things RINO...for a small pittance)

OP IS RAGE!

quote:

Addendum: “Go to HELL, you stupid ... stupid STUPID NeverTrumper STUPIDHEAD!!! Who CARES if he’s broken the Obamacare, taxes, “draining the swamp,” border promises. Dear Leader KNOWS what he’s doing, you stupid stupid traitor RINO stupidheads. Don’t you KNOW what a successful businessman he is?!?! You hate America, cuz you don’t blindly follow Dear Leader . Never mind da FACT Trump is 100% on the Establishment’s side, and talkin about workin .. and ACTUALLY working workin with the most far of far left-wing folks in existence — it’s YOU guys are bein da RINOs!. You dum stupidheads!”

11 posted on 03/28/2017 3:55:21 PM PDT by 198ml ("Profit")

Wait, spending money on enforcement is more effective than a wall? Well I never...

quote:

No big deal. Trump can spend more money on ICE raids and interior enforcement. I have always thought that is best way to clean up the immigration mess.

12 posted on 03/28/2017 3:57:08 PM PDT by forgotten man

quote:

To: Zenjitsuman

Yep. People want the wall, and it’s a big reason he won the election. Republicans are pissing in the wind.

14 posted on 03/28/2017 4:00:26 PM PDT by virgil (The evil that men do lives after them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: tennmountainman

Deport all illegals, criminal or not. Pay for the wall with the savings from not paying for all the benefits they receive.

20 posted on 03/28/2017 4:12:11 PM PDT by Rusty0604
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

If discussing the Border Wall is “too complicated”for Senator Blunt, perhaps he needs to resign from the Senate and seek employment in a “simpler” line of work...

21 posted on 03/28/2017 4:16:23 PM PDT by pfony1

quote:

Business as usual for the Republicans — never do today what you can put off until tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow etc

22 posted on 03/28/2017 4:21:19 PM PDT by falcon99

As you can imagine the thread devolves into a huge slapfight with the OP so quotable content starts becoming few and far between.

quote:

Trump has never had to deal with insane business practices, now he has to deal with congress.

32 posted on 03/28/2017 5:09:16 PM PDT by broken_arrow1 (I regret that I have but one life to give for my country - Nathan Hale "Patriot")

quote:

To: forgotten man

Depends on how important you think his reelection in 2020 is.

No wall, no 2nd President Trump.

But, you already knew that.

36 posted on 03/28/2017 6:17:02 PM PDT by Balding_Eagle ( The Great Wall of Trump ---- 100% sealing of the border. Coming soon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

TAD COCHRAN...

Kept in hiding and brain dead..used for votes and nothing else...

Republicans are self destructing...we need a new Party ...

37 posted on 03/28/2017 6:32:47 PM PDT by haircutter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

[Citation Needed]

quote:

He has done more positive for this republic than Obama and W combined already. Get with the program.

41 posted on 03/28/2017 6:38:54 PM PDT by johnk (faithful with little....)

quote:

To: virgil

No wall, no peace. We will burn down the Republican party if need be.

43 posted on 03/28/2017 6:39:51 PM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

To: jazminerose

I am. My guillotine is ready.

44 posted on 03/28/2017 6:40:38 PM PDT by CottonBall (Thank you, Julian)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

LOL... Trump is just going to redirect all executive grants to sanctuary entities to the wall. Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

46 posted on 03/28/2017 6:42:46 PM PDT by LesbianThespianGymnasticMidget (God punishes Conservatives by making them argue with fools. Go Trump!)

Whatever you say.

quote:

To: forgotten man

Trump can easily end the problem by having a 1-800 hotline for money like Crimestoppers.

Report an illegal, you receive money. or even citizenship. This nonsense will end in a month.

49 posted on 03/28/2017 6:47:05 PM PDT by max americana (For the 9th time FIRED LIBERALS from our company at this election, and every election since 2008)

quote:

To: tennmountainman

That is a great idea.

54 posted on 03/28/2017 6:58:54 PM PDT by WENDLE ("Sanctuary" cities break federal criminal law!!-- JAIL!!)
Oh, Hi WENDLE! I almost didn't recognize you for moment because-

quote:

To: Helicondelta

The freedom caucus SAVED THIS NATION. We better get that WALL NOW or all hell will break loose. 62 million of us voted for that wall NOW!!Just print the damned money like you do to keep the parasites from rioting and breaking into your estates!! BUILD THE WALL NOW!!— DROP EVERYTHING ELSE!! Trump must scorch the earth with these rino bastards.Their party is OVER!

55 posted on 03/28/2017 7:04:49 PM PDT by WENDLE ("Sanctuary" cities break federal criminal law!!-- JAIL!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]
-Never mind, Good to have you back, WENDLE!

quote:

Face it folks, the GOPe has never wanted the wall. Open borders and unlimited H1-B visas pay for their campaigns and maintain their elite lifestyle.

56 posted on 03/28/2017 7:14:06 PM PDT by Rockitz (This is NOT rocket science - Follow the money and you'll find the truth.)

Civil War is Coming!

quote:

To: Scott from the Left Coast

I wonder if the red states declaring war on the blue states would be enough to get DC’s attention?

62 posted on 03/28/2017 7:39:23 PM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

Central Virginia seems upset.

quote:

To: WENDLE

We’ve gone along for decades with their insane printing of money for all of their cockamamie bullsh!t projects and boondoggles. Now all we want is some pocket change for a wall and it is no dice. A curse on their heads and the children’s children. GD their RINO hides.

63 posted on 03/28/2017 7:43:31 PM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

quote:

President Trump’s funding request for a border wall will likely be put on hold,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO! NO! NO!

64 posted on 03/28/2017 7:48:35 PM PDT by Candor7 ((Obama fascism article:(http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/05/barack_obama_the_quintessentia_1.html)

We had to destroy America to save it!

quote:

To: wiseprince

Trump’s only option may be, with the JCS, to dissolve the federal government completely. Let the states run things independently except for the military and the border. Yes, it is that bad.

67 posted on 03/28/2017 8:00:26 PM PDT by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 65 | View Replies]

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Is there an implied grabbing of one's own crotch with this rebuttal?

quote:

Nunes needs to continue standing tall. When the ‘RATS say “recuse”, he needs to reply, “Recuse this!”. Don’t be a Sessions.

3 posted on 3/28/2017, 10:35:01 PM by FlingWingFlyer (McCain has got to go. The boy is crazy.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Soooo, I can’t WAIT to see how the countless Trump surrogates continue to rationalize/justify the non-building of the wall. “Go to HELL, you stupid ... stupid STUPID NeverTrumper STUPIDHEAD!!! Who CARE’s if he’s broken the Obamacare, taxes, draining the swamp, border promises. Dear Leader KNOWS what he’s doing, you stupid stupid traitor RINO stupidheads. Don’t you KNOW what a successful businessman he is?!?! You hate America, cuz you don’t blindly follow Dear Leader!!!!”

This has to be a poe.

Dear Leader North Korea

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Jagged Jim posted:

Border wall funding likely to be put on hold

quote:

He's so close to getting it, just from the completely wrong side of the argument.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

This has to be a poe.

Dear Leader North Korea

He's accusing Trump supporters of buying into a cult of personality.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Is there an implied grabbing of one's own crotch with this rebuttal?

I think that gesture is implied in every freep fantasy of how real American politicians should act: for example while negotiating treaties, or building military coalitions, or commemorating the dead at Hiroshima.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

Oh, Hi WENDLE! I almost didn't recognize you for moment because-

-Never mind, Good to have you back, WENDLE!

Isn't he just great? :allears:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's "funny" to see authoritarian trash that like to say "if you've got nothing to hide then don't worry about privacy or your rights" suddenly start saying it's totally a good thing that Nunes is blatantly hampering an investigation. They know in their hearts what's up here, they are just traitors.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Radish posted:

It's "funny" to see authoritarian trash that like to say "if you've got nothing to hide then don't worry about privacy or your rights" suddenly start saying it's totally a good thing that Nunes is blatantly hampering an investigation. They know in their hearts what's up here, they are just traitors.

It's only treason if you get caught.

-or-

Necessary measures because liberals are the real traitors.

-or-

It's only treason if the balls touch.

etc...

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Ollie North, guys. Ollie North.
He was a hero.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

To: sport
Well, if the Civil War is here, I say that it started Friday night when my 12 year old granddaughter, in the tradition of the soldiers in our family (Iwo Jima, VN, Iraq and Kosovo), told off a liberal woman wearing a Che Guevera t-shirt at a public family gathering place.

While my son, a veteran of Iraq, said that the woman had every right to wear the shirt, my granddaughter felt that she should ask the woman who she supported a mass murderer, a question the woman refused to address. She left.

Now grandpa’s job here is to provide my granddaughter with the books and congressional hearings on just how many people Che tortured and killed, personally. He bragged about this and reportedly his favorite tool was a hand drill.

I’ve had friends whose family members were anti-Castro fighters. They ended up being shot by Castro and Che because they were anti-communist. This is one of the stories I told my granddaughter. Also having her read books by noted Cuban journalist Humberto Fontova (whose writings appears at FR and FrontPageMagazine, Townhall, etc.

To me, anyone who wears a Che t-shirt should be asked “Why don’t you wear one of Hitler, Himmler, Eichmann or Heydrich too since you like torturers and mass murderers”?

Did my granddaughter just fire the first “reverse Fort Sumtner” shot of the new Civil War? That would also be in the family as some on my wife’s side of the family fought for the Confederacy but the major fought for the Union. At least 17 were at Gettysburg (found 17 listed on one Pennsylvania regiment monument on that battlefield.

If the civil war has begun, count my immediate family in. Collectively been defending America since the 1600’s.

16 posted on 3/27/2017, 1:51:08 AM by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper

This post is so beautiful. From the story that definitely :happened:, to the "we're patriots ready to fight for the US" and passing through the utter self centeredness of "my granddaughter started the civil war by being rude", it is amazing.

And the poo poo cherry on the poo poo cake is him boasting about having a buncha ancestors that fought for the confederacy. Protecting the US indeed.

Also does Freepers: stomp their collective feet, and cry like little girls. fit? Because that's a very good description of them right now.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So are Freepers really happy that Trump's selling their ISP info or does their love of free market gently caress everyone for a penny ideology override that?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm sure it's part of his master plan to help out the good working (white) men.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Freepers believe that freep takes tens of thousands of dollars to run, I'd figure that most of them have no clue what isp stands for.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Neeksy posted:

So are Freepers really happy that Trump's selling their ISP info or does their love of free market gently caress everyone for a penny ideology override that?

Your ISP is already selling your info if it wants to and has been for years. The rules against it were not to take effect until December.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Neeksy posted:

The few threads I've seen about it are a mix of "fake news" because they're articles from real sources and "this is proof of the uniparty/RINOs selling out the American people." Nobody in the threads seemed to think it was a good thing.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

McGlockenshire posted:

The few threads I've seen about it are a mix of "fake news" because they're articles from real sources and "this is proof of the uniparty/RINOs selling out the American people." Nobody in the threads seemed to think it was a good thing.

The key here is when they realize Trump is totally gonna sign it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Neeksy posted:

The key here is when they realize Trump is totally gonna sign it.

Trump was the swamp all along

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Ollie North, guys. Ollie North.
He was a hero.

Sell weapons to Iran, get a show on Fox News.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

fishmech posted:

Your ISP is already selling your info if it wants to and has been for years. The rules against it were not to take effect until December.

One silver lining to this comes from the creator of Cards Against Humanity:

https://twitter.com/MaxTemkin/status/846856243797016576

No kickstarter of any bullshit like that. He's promised to straight out buy it with his own money and publish it all online:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

No kickstarter of any bullshit like that. He's promised to straight out buy it with his own money and publish it all online:

Lotta M4M tinder, AshleyMadison and cuck porn 'bout to be dropped.

This man, if he goes through with it, will be a loving legend.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And to remind people - when armed racist loons took over that bird sanctuary last year, Temkin's the one who sent them a 50gallon drum of sex lube.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They also used the money from one of their holiday mystery boxes to buy the services of a Chinese factory for a week and paid them to produce literally nothing so the workers got to go and spend a week off. What you "got" for your money was a bunch of letters and photos showing them hanging out with their families or just goofing off and it was money I would spend again if I could. I believe he will at least try to get this done.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 30, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He also did those goofy anti Trump ads like "Trump is a Hanzo main"

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I know it's not much, but if when this happens, I'll go donate $5 to the EFF for every congressmen that found to be engaging in illicit activities on government time. Double the donation for any of them who are found to be participating in same-sex relations if they previously voted against any sort of LGBT rights. gently caress these assholes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Gorilla Salad posted:

Given he bought those "poor Ranchers" last year a 50 gallon drum of personal lube, I believe he would

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zipperelli. posted:

I know it's not much, but if when this happens, I'll go donate $5 to the EFF for every congressmen that found to be engaging in illicit activities on government time. Double the donation for any of them who are found to be participating in same-sex relations if they previously voted against any sort of LGBT rights. gently caress these assholes.

Desperate to go bankrupt, huh?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly we may have given this guy too much money

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Donald Trump declares war on Freedom Caucus

Oh poo poo! This thread is already up to 400 replies.

quote:

To: Tea Party Terrorist

He is getting very bad advice. Does he think conservatives voted for him so he could cave to the RINOs who did not? He is killing his chances to hold the House next year.

3 posted on 03/30/2017 6:59:13 AM PDT by txrefugee

One recent development that hasn't really come up in this thread that I find hilarious is that now Freep loving hates Ivanka.

quote:

I am going to call this and say this is from the Ivanka/Jared/Dina(wifeofTeneoExecutive)/Gary camp.

4 posted on 03/30/2017 6:59:28 AM PDT by RummyChick

A big reason for this is that Ivanka has retained the services of Jaimie Gorelick. This has caused a bit of a right-wing freakout, as Gorelick was a Deputy Attorney General under the Clinton administration. So thanks to the endless paranoia of Freep they now think Ivanka is a Clinton Agent.

quote:

To: RummyChick

Oops..let me add Gorelick to that list of names. It deserves to be there along side Ivanka and Jared since she is in their henhouse

8 posted on 03/30/2017 7:00:57 AM PDT by RummyChick

Haha now they're starting to think Trump's own Twitter is Fake News!

quote:

Super-sized mistake , if an accurate report. IMO, unimaginable.

5 posted on 03/30/2017 7:00:01 AM PDT by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

quote:

When you embarrass the boss publicly and contribute to his defeat in his first major initiative, there is a price to pay. This could have been avoided if the FC had gone behind closed doors and worked out a deal privately. No one should have been allowed to leave the room until a consensus was reached.

6 posted on 03/30/2017 7:00:41 AM PDT by kabar

He doesn't, that's the beauty of it. :allears:

quote:

I hope he realizes 80% of his support and voters are freedom caucus types.

9 posted on 03/30/2017 7:01:17 AM PDT by QuigleyDU

quote:

Pys-ops folks, pys-ops.

12 posted on 03/30/2017 7:02:52 AM PDT by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Man-made global liberalism is killing the planet)

quote:

To: QuigleyDU

There won’t be much Swamp draining if this is the case.

13 posted on 03/30/2017 7:02:55 AM PDT by taterjay
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Thank God for the freedom caucus. They’re all we have left. The president has decided he like’s to swim in the swamp.

14 posted on 03/30/2017 7:03:06 AM PDT by hollyweed

quote:

He is threatening to help defeat them in 2018.

I hope he doesn’t think his election was personal, his election was based on his positions. He’ll make a grave mistake if he attacks his voters beliefs.

15 posted on 03/30/2017 7:03:31 AM PDT by QuigleyDU

It's Fake News, right? ...Right? :ohdear:

quote:

Is this a verified tweet?

Trump really say this about FC?

16 posted on 03/30/2017 7:03:48 AM PDT by Safrguns

quote:

Slip-sliding away. He’s heading for another “bankruptcy” (that’s right folks, he doesn’t always make the right moves) thanks to some VERYbad advice.

18 posted on 03/30/2017 7:03:52 AM PDT by House Atreides (Send BOTH Hillary & Bill to prison.)

quote:

I’m a huge supporter of the President, but I disagree with him on this one.

Conservative litmus tests:

1. Does this law create more freedom or less freedom?
2. Does this law force one person to pay for another person (i.e., less freedom for the responsible payer)?

0vomitcare fails both tests and so does Ryancare.

22 posted on 03/30/2017 7:05:28 AM PDT by generally ( Don't be stupid. We have politicians for that.)

quote:

If the information that I have is correct. When he met with the Freedom Caucus, they voiced their demands and he gave them what they asked for.

He then thought that he had their votes on healthcare.

The Freedom Caucus then unilaterally changed their requirements without asking or informing Trump and voted against the bill.

That is why one of the founding members left the Freedom Caucus.

They didn't keep their word.

24 posted on 03/30/2017 7:05:31 AM PDT by Parmy (II don't know how to past the images.)

quote:

News Flash: Trump is a populist, not a conservative.

26 posted on 03/30/2017 7:05:41 AM PDT by rayvd

quote:

To: rayvd

But he is “conservative” where it matters. Judges, immigration, America first.

35 posted on 03/30/2017 7:07:40 AM PDT by guido911 (all)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

I agree with Trump. Freedom Clowns should stop obstruction.
They want 150%. Its not possible.

28 posted on 03/30/2017 7:06:16 AM PDT by jennychase

Yes they are, I thought we've been over this.

quote:

To: Excellence

I’ve been tweeting him back. Freedom Caucus supporters are Trump supporters. I feel like he is targeting his own supporters. Why??? Are they that tone death in the White House?

31 posted on 03/30/2017 7:06:21 AM PDT by FR_addict (Ryan needs to go!)

quote:

The people who voted for Trump are the same people that support the views of those who are on the Freedom Caucus. It’s beginning to look like Trump is now part of the DC swamp and expects the good American patriotic congressional members to follow him. EFF THAT! Trump needs to be following them and to kick Paul Ryan and his other swamp creature advisers out the door.

36 posted on 03/30/2017 7:07:47 AM PDT by drypowder

quote:

Trump is shooting himself in the foot with this. His biggest supporters are Conservatives, less so with Rinos.

49 posted on 03/30/2017 7:10:05 AM PDT by texas_mrs

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jagged Jim posted:

He doesn't, that's the beauty of it. :allears:

I wonder if he does, actually; it's no secret that he really didn't want the job, maybe he's trying to get them pissed off enough that they'll let him lose next time so he can blame them for stabbing him in the back?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Reading their cries makes me want to post the gif of Cartman drinking the tears of the man whose parents he killed and fed to him.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Continued

quote:

Yuge mistake.

If he keeps this up, he’s a one term wonder.

51 posted on 03/30/2017 7:10:05 AM PDT by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)

Who could have predicted this would happen? :iiam:

quote:

To: Excellence

This is nuts.

I agree. Its not the kind of thing most people voted for or expected.

54 posted on 03/30/2017 7:11:19 AM PDT by Starboard

Begun, the Cruz War has.

quote:

To: txrefugee

You must know of a different House than the one where the FC comprises about 30 Congressmen, well 29 now.

If American wanted a doctrinaire conservative, Ted Cruz would be President.

56 posted on 03/30/2017 7:11:35 AM PDT by bigbob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Parmy

If Republicans cared about keeping their word, they would repeal Obama care... kind of like they promised for 6 years.

57 posted on 03/30/2017 7:11:40 AM PDT by hollyweed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Oh poo poo, he's figuring it out!

quote:

This is all done so that some in the party can say: "We are just ONE MORE election cycle from getting things done."

Just wait until we have the House 'cuz nothing can get done otherwise....just wait until we have the Senate 'cuz nothing can get done otherwise.....just wait until we have the White House 'cuz nothing can get done otherwise.

I am SO TIRED of this. The perfect is the enemy of the good, and nothing good is happening. Trump needs to open up a woodshed right next to Barry's Beer Summit table in the backyard of the White House. The FC people need to be heard, dealt with, and coerced to unify behind Trump.

Do we now have to wait, once again, for ANOTHER election cycle to purge the RINOs? Careful....we may lose Congress!

59 posted on 03/30/2017 7:12:19 AM PDT by SERKIT ("Blazing Saddles" explains it all.......)

dongropingivankaatrnc.gif

quote:

To: mrsmel

It scares me that President Trump thinks the sun rises and sets with his daughter, whom, IMHO, could easily be a liberal dem.

62 posted on 03/30/2017 7:12:42 AM PDT by JudyinCanada
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

quote:

To: faithhopecharity

The mistake was made by the HFC. They are not folks that you want in the fox hole. Weak, pathetic and like to prance about acting like they have a clue. They all must be primaried. They all must be removed. They will fight Trump on everything - from the wall to health care and even tax cuts. There will always be a reason. MAGA.

63 posted on 03/30/2017 7:12:50 AM PDT by ManofWest

Maybe Ryan was the 16th Dimensional Chessmaster this whole time...

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

“Ryan never should have drafted the stupid bill without the FC on board. He comes out of this looking like a moron.”

Or maybe Ryan knew exactly what he was doing.

70 posted on 03/30/2017 7:15:32 AM PDT by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

save your breath, we’re going to refight Trump vs Cruz for the next four years. Some people havne’t learned a drat thing about why Trump won, and here’s a hint: it’s not because conservatives voted for him. That’s the scenario where Hillary would have bene 50 points ahead.

72 posted on 03/30/2017 7:16:57 AM PDT by bigbob
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

quote:

To: lodi90

“Perfectly sane compared to the kamikaze caucus taking a blow torch to POTUS’s agenda. Sow the wind...”

Bullcrap. I never once heard candidate Trump promise to make a few minor tweaks to Obamacare.

73 posted on 03/30/2017 7:17:02 AM PDT by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

1999 Freeper

quote:

Washing my hands of Trump until he gets his head out of his rear end. This is grade A stupidity.

74 posted on 03/30/2017 7:17:44 AM PDT by ilgipper

quote:

To: Tea Party Terrorist; LS

First things first:

DJT was not elected to be a hard-right conservative (of which I am one) executive. As has been mentioned many times during the election campaign, DJT attracted a great deal of blue dog Democrat type support.That is what won him the election in places like MI, WI, PA. However, he is hard right on things that matter to us (and them), like immigration/refugees/Obamacare/military/radical Islam/SCOTUS, etc.

But, something I read over at LS’ twitter feed made sense to me: that the FC kept moving the goalposts during the Obamacare debate. If true, and I believe the professor (since he has contacts over there that I do not have), that would be an absolute no-no in dealing with a DJT. It means that they were dealing in bad faith. Once you have burned someone by dealing in bad faith, especially in a matter so public, you have lost their trust. Perhaps for good. If true, DJTis wise to be cautious of dealing with them.

Regardless of how much I may agree with their positions on issues.

He needs to be able to count on their words.

80 posted on 03/30/2017 7:18:56 AM PDT by Dana1960

quote:

To: SERKIT

The FC people need to be heard, dealt with, and coerced

Coerced?

Looks to me more like Trump needs to be heard, dealt with, and coerced to support We the People! You're forgetting who works for whom.

81 posted on 03/30/2017 7:19:24 AM PDT by NorthMountain (The Democrats ... have lost their grip on reality -DJT)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

Ivanka! :argh:

quote:

To: JudyinCanada

Ivanka IS a liberal Democrat.

85 posted on 03/30/2017 7:20:24 AM PDT by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

quote:

If this is Ivanka and Jarod advising Trump, we’re screwed!

87 posted on 03/30/2017 7:20:44 AM PDT by Artcore (Donald J. Trump - 45th President of the United States of America!)

quote:

Unsubscribed from all Trump email lists.

There will be no further contributions.

Trump doesn’t want me on his team? Fine with me. His team is obviously named “NeoRhinos” anyway. I’m not interested in being a part of it.

89 posted on 03/30/2017 7:21:39 AM PDT by KyCats

I will cut you!

quote:

To: ManofWest

If Trump or you or anyone tries to primary Dave Brat, whom I worked hard to elect to remove the weasel Eric Cantor, they become my political opponents.

93 posted on 03/30/2017 7:22:19 AM PDT by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

quote:

To: guido911

Bravo, guido911!!!!

President Trump’s priorities are exactly right on all the urgent issues we face today.
He just needs to conduct a mass firing, drain the drat swamp and implement his agenda to MAGA!!!

95 posted on 03/30/2017 7:22:50 AM PDT by edie1960
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

Where does the madness end?

quote:

To: Dana1960; Jim Robinson

So now we are throwing the FC under the bus for the sake of Trump?

When does this madness end? Seriously, what is the direction we (FR) are taking here?

Pinging the owner because I think this is reaching insane levels of spin.

98 posted on 03/30/2017 7:23:12 AM PDT by FourtySeven (47)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

I feel dirty...

quote:

To: taildragger

Koch brothers were going to spend A LOT of money to defeat this bill according to a report.

This time...I was on the side of the Dems and the Koch brothers

Terrible bill

105 posted on 03/30/2017 7:25:20 AM PDT by RummyChick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

quote:

To: JudyinCanada

Your concerns about Ivanka are justifiable in my view. Let’s call this what it is: nepotism.

Imagine the conservative outrage if Obama had appointed his daughter and husband to an important official role inside the White House. Or, had Hilary been elected (God forbid) and done something like this with Chelsea.

106 posted on 03/30/2017 7:25:44 AM PDT by Starboard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

I'm guessing he's speaking from experience here.

quote:

To: taildragger

“Yes the 3 step plan was problematic, “

Yeah, cause if they don’t have the balls to do it now, they REALLY stick it to Obamacare in the midterms. No more. The GOP is a bad wife saying “we can have sex one day next week”. Next week never comes.

107 posted on 03/30/2017 7:26:14 AM PDT by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DesertRhino

Exactly right!!! Do what you said you would do Mr. President!! REPEAL!!! and replace.

116 posted on 03/30/2017 7:28:44 AM PDT by hollyweed
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ctdonath2

I am a big Trump supporter but I am totally angered that he disavows conservative Republicans for refusing to support his crap bill. Does that mean he has more crap bills coming and is greasing the wheels? He is going more RINO by the day; bringing on Ivanka to RINO things up more with universal daycare. Rinse said to Chris Wallace they would need to look to the Demorats to support their bills. So much for doing what the people want. I guess the good thing is he is honest about it. Unlike Ryan who said RINOCare was the bill conservatives asked for.

123 posted on 03/30/2017 7:30:42 AM PDT by PK1991
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

Pys-ops folks, pys-ops.

Yeah, I don't think so, and apparently Donald thinks the HFC is going to be blocking his future agenda too so he's being proactive.

I'm not liking this at all. I've been behind Trump from the git-go but if he takes this path he has lost me, and from the sound of it, a lot (maybe most) people here on FR as well.

This bothers me more than anything else during his short Presidency. I hope someone can get to him and I'm thinking Ivanka and company should be exiting this Administration ASAP. They are giving him bad advice; if that's where this came from.

134 posted on 03/30/2017 7:34:44 AM PDT by Boomer (The modern day leftist dems are the party of criminally insane propagandists.)

quote:

It looks like Trump is tossing Conservatives under the bus so that Trump can form an alliance with liberal Rino’s and leftist Democrats to enact Multi-Trillion Dollar Infrastructure Legislation that is paid by the Federal Reserve creating a lot of ‘funny money’.

Liberal Rino’s and leftist Democrats had no problem letting Obama increase our debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion.

Under Trump these same liberal Rino’s and leftist Democrats will have no problem increasing our debt from $20 trillion to $40 trillion.

Happy days are here again!!!!!

135 posted on 03/30/2017 7:35:00 AM PDT by Presbyterian Reporter

quote:

This is the Republicans problem. They air their dirty laundry out in public unlike the Democrats who do it behind closed doors. The fact is the GOP is not a unified party and there aren’t enough conservatives among the ranks in Congress. That doesn’t excuse the president from his reckless Tweet on the Freedom Caucus. They saved him from Rynocare. At the same time don’t put these guys on a pedestal either. All factions of the GOP have had plenty of time to come up with a healthcare plan so they’re all at fault.

140 posted on 03/30/2017 7:36:34 AM PDT by dowcaet

quote:

This is Trump. Drop the pretense that he is negotiating or that he is listening to bad advice, playing 3 D chess, etc.. This forum black balled Never Trumpers, harassed anyone who questioned his commitment to a conservative agenda, and berated anyone who said he would not do many of the things he said.

Now what? Is this forum going to repudiate Trump and his supporters who are not Freedom Caucus approved?

He is as good as we will ever have. The repeal may not have been what we wanted but it was a useful step and a win would have helped him with the rest of the agenda. Trump will go where he is wanted and he will stay where he is loved. Even if it’s with the Dems.

142 posted on 03/30/2017 7:37:24 AM PDT by FreedomNotSafety

quote:

I keep getting the feeling that, once again, I was fooled.

146 posted on 03/30/2017 7:39:39 AM PDT by Terry Mross (Liver spots And blood thinners.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Freepers: I keep getting the feeling that, once again, I was fooled.