Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Have you ever lost the tips to your earbuds? Never worry again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

mike12345 posted:

Anyone in for cheap wargaming knockoffs or modeling kits? I searched a bit, but couldn't find a galore of "space marines galaxy soldiers" like you'd find with Lego stuff.

I ended up trying one purchase from the main seller that keeps popping up. Just a single model, but if it doesn't ship it's an easy refund.

If you just search "contemptor" at weird hours you'll get the store.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bao...9999.287.pbuEGS

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bao...7bbd55325&tpp=1

This style of bag was mentioned earlier, but these seem to be in way more colors

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard

GargleBlaster posted:

Seriously tempted by that One Ring!

I stayed tempted. Turned up today!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
So I just now realized my shipping address was wrong, after placing two orders. :downs:

I used the auto-fill thing and it put down the county I live in but not the city, and repeated the street address, so it reads like 123 Street Name, 123 Street Name, County, State, Zip. Here's hoping the order that already shipped (after processing for two goddamn weeks) makes it, and the other seller allows me to cancel the order or fix it. I seriously have no idea how I didn't catch that sooner. Probably because I used the mobile app to place the orders and wasn't paying attention.

On the upside, the one order that took two weeks to process and may not even make it here is in Cincinnati already! I'm not sure why it's in Ohio, or why DHL thinks it's going to Texas when pretty much the only part of my address that's correct is that it's going to California but okay..

Guys I'm never gonna get these itchy oddly-sized shirts.. :ohdear:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
So, those lucky of you that had splurged on Seinfeld grips - did the print break down in wash already, or is the shirt still proudly stinking?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
https://seicoo.aliexpress.com/store/1300330?scm=1007.14113.78894.0

If you need obnoxious watches, this store has you covered!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Original_Z posted:

https://seicoo.aliexpress.com/store/1300330?scm=1007.14113.78894.0

If you need obnoxious watches, this store has you covered!

I foresee this watch showing up in some student film scifi projects

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
The latest in dog fashion.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

mike12345 posted:

Anyone in for cheap wargaming knockoffs or modeling kits? I searched a bit, but couldn't find a galore of "space marines galaxy soldiers" like you'd find with Lego stuff.

Those stores do still pop up, but they usually only last a day before they're taken down; any orders you make before its pulled should go through, but the stores are something you have to actively look for or know when they're popping up.

It used to be easier on Alibaba, but now that it's European Amazon and also getting traction in the US Games Workshop has been more active in getting them taken down. It's a little easier to get infinity miniatures if you're into those, though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mike12345 posted:

Unfortunately the world of recasters is a bit more complicated than just buying off AliExpress but if you go to the Yoyhammer subreddit you should be able to find what you need.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GargleBlaster posted:

I stayed tempted. Turned up today!

Greetings fellow ringbearer.

I bought my for a bit of a laugh and planned to use it as a keyring charm or something like that. But, I must admit, I have worn it in public. More than once!

Sometime, we need a bit of dorky fun.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Bees on Wheat posted:

So I just now realized my shipping address was wrong, after placing two orders. :downs:

I used the auto-fill thing and it put down the county I live in but not the city, and repeated the street address, so it reads like 123 Street Name, 123 Street Name, County, State, Zip. Here's hoping the order that already shipped (after processing for two goddamn weeks) makes it, and the other seller allows me to cancel the order or fix it. I seriously have no idea how I didn't catch that sooner. Probably because I used the mobile app to place the orders and wasn't paying attention.

It may not be an issue. I did the same thing for my first couple of orders. Everything showed up without issue for me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Neurolimal posted:

I foresee this watch showing up in some student film scifi projects

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I bought one of these a while back and the panels that look like they'd be plastic are foiled cardboard on some type of foam backing, and will probably not hold up to much use. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying one.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
is this any good?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...2776662206.html

dying to buy one to play osme pokeymans.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Last night a dumb watch that I was going to buy was supposed to be $8 and change after the sale kicked in at midnight, but instead this morning it was $239. :confused:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Last night a dumb watch that I was going to buy was supposed to be $8 and change after the sale kicked in at midnight, but instead this morning it was $239. :confused:

Basically after poo poo like this you just have to yell "AliExpress!" The way people yell "The Aristocrats!" at the end of that joke and move on.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

somebody quoted something about aliexpress not shipping to washington state so i asked tech support and they said that wasnt the case

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Browsing through games led me to discover this awesome name hack for a knockoff expansion to some popular game that I've never played.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Taking advantage of the anniversary sale, I did some shopping today, finishing up the gift card I bought just for the site's funds. I got some doofy refrigerator magnets, because that's just a fun cheap thing I collect (I got four jack o lanterns, and four cute ultraman themed ones), I got two of those fun magnetic silly putty sets, one for me and one for my son. I also got him a xenomorph necklace for less than a buck (he's really into Aliens right now for some reason), and for my mom's bday in July I got her one of those weather-glass thingies. She loves kitchsy desktop and garden stuff.

There's another fridge magnet store on there not participating I want to keep an eye on, they have like five or six retro horror/sci-fi movie poster magnets I want that are already cheaper than I'd buy them in local junk/novelty stores without any sale price, but I'd appreciate them cheaper.

EDIT: I've played with CAH with Crabs Adjust Humidity, it's pretty much a 1:1 expansion pack for the game, with the same tone, and identical font and format on the cards. They have a little orange colored logo in the corner of the cards, and that's the only difference. Good for adding variety to the game.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

I got two of those fun magnetic silly putty sets,

Going to need more info on this. Do they taste the same as regular silly putty? Please post a trip report when they arrive.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Duh Ugh posted:

Going to need more info on this. Do they taste the same as regular silly putty? Please post a trip report when they arrive.

I uh, don't plan on eating any. Never tasted regular silly putty either. This stuff you can find tons of different sellers for, where the putty reacts to magnets, so you can pull it around into cool non-newtonian shapes. The kind I bought come with two eyeball magnets and a cube magnet, and I chose two different sparkly colors, green and orange. I'll let you know how well they work when they arrive.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Explosive Tampons posted:

is this any good?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...2776662206.html

dying to buy one to play osme pokeymans.

Yeah it is actually pretty nice. The screen was hijacked off some old printer model so the aspect ratio isn't perfect, but I've put some hours into mine and it hasn't exploded yet and does pretty good for a clone console.

Some dudes YouTube Channel This Does Not Compute does a review and a teardown of it if you want to know more about the thing.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

I uh, don't plan on eating any. Never tasted regular silly putty either. This stuff you can find tons of different sellers for, where the putty reacts to magnets, so you can pull it around into cool non-newtonian shapes. The kind I bought come with two eyeball magnets and a cube magnet, and I chose two different sparkly colors, green and orange. I'll let you know how well they work when they arrive.

Aww, c'mon eat the Chinese mystery putty! :science: What harm could it do? Don't eat the magnets though. I hear that's bad news.

Edit: On second thought, I probably shouldn't be encouraging strangers to taste non-newtonian materials from China. Don't eat the mystery putty. I'll just have to get some myself. Then I can try to talk my least favorite relative into taste testing it for me!

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 29, 2017

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imma get some pretty cushions for my couch. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...2640622587.html

Well, empty cushions. I'll have to buy the stuffing at walmart.

Joann Fabrics has a massive 50% off sale starting tomorrow (the 30th) if anyone needs fabric or stuffing (or papercrafting tools or cutting mats like I do :)) Most stores even have a free shipping to your local store if you shop online, as well, and online has 'online only' items and discounts.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

somebody quoted something about aliexpress not shipping to washington state so i asked tech support and they said that wasnt the case

That was me, and I was operating on old information. That was true in the past, but not any more. I have several orders en route to Washington now.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

It is totally normal for tracking to just never ever update after "Security Check Success" right? Cause nothing I've ordered over the last month has updated past that

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Taking advantage of the anniversary sale, I did some shopping today, finishing up the gift card I bought just for the site's funds. I got some doofy refrigerator magnets, because that's just a fun cheap thing I collect (I got four jack o lanterns, and four cute ultraman themed ones), I got two of those fun magnetic silly putty sets, one for me and one for my son. I also got him a xenomorph necklace for less than a buck (he's really into Aliens right now for some reason), and for my mom's bday in July I got her one of those weather-glass thingies. She loves kitchsy desktop and garden stuff.

There's another fridge magnet store on there not participating I want to keep an eye on, they have like five or six retro horror/sci-fi movie poster magnets I want that are already cheaper than I'd buy them in local junk/novelty stores without any sale price, but I'd appreciate them cheaper.

EDIT: I've played with CAH with Crabs Adjust Humidity, it's pretty much a 1:1 expansion pack for the game, with the same tone, and identical font and format on the cards. They have a little orange colored logo in the corner of the cards, and that's the only difference. Good for adding variety to the game.

Link eeeeem

The other weird Sale thing is that all the knives have disappeared. I had like 5 of them in my cart (5-10$ each) and they're all deleted.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It is totally normal for tracking to just never ever update after "Security Check Success" right? Cause nothing I've ordered over the last month has updated past that

Yep.

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

gently caress off Optimus Prime, we've got... Carroll. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2796705783.html

Tiny Star Trek Ships! https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-hot-10cm-3pcs-set-Star-Trek-Action-figure-toys-collection-Christmas-gift/32750050996.html

$2 Mr. Meeseeks. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/25cm-Rick-and-Morty-Plush-Happy-Sad-Meeseeks-Soft-Stuffed-Plush-Toys-Dolls-For-Kids-Gift/32770203683.html

I am trying to resist the urge to buy more knockoff Lego Star Wars sets, but I am not a strong individual.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Brand Name:five nights at freddy's

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

Yeah it is actually pretty nice. The screen was hijacked off some old printer model so the aspect ratio isn't perfect, but I've put some hours into mine and it hasn't exploded yet and does pretty good for a clone console.

Some dudes YouTube Channel This Does Not Compute does a review and a teardown of it if you want to know more about the thing.

Yep that's what I was looking for. Bought!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I'm really bummed that there isn't a factory in China that wants to sell me a garbage bag full of D&D minis for $5.

Also: Wig Beard Hats Hobo Mad Scientist Rasta Caveman Handmade Knit Warm Winter Caps Men Women Halloween Gift Funny Party Mask Beanies

A Pack of Kobolds fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 29, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm tempted to get this for wearing while biking/walking/jogging/whatever but I think deep down I know it's just a fanny pack in disguise: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...63fbffe50&tpp=1

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I'm tempted to get this for wearing while biking/walking/jogging/whatever but I think deep down I know it's just a fanny pack in disguise: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...63fbffe50&tpp=1

Get that Thrasher fanny pack. That poo poo was dope.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm really bummed that there isn't a factory in China that wants to sell me a garbage bag full of D&D minis for $5.

Maybe not THAT cheap, but this store has a bunch of nice minis for cheap:

http://s.aliexpress.com/ANFNRFbI

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

Maybe not THAT cheap, but this store has a bunch of nice minis for cheap:

http://s.aliexpress.com/ANFNRFbI

Thanks! Not quite what I'm looking for, but I'm definitely going to keep this in mind for when I need one or two good minis instead of a dozen lovely ones. Too bad this shop couldn't have those instead of 200 different types of Nazi soldiers in various garb.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think thats also the store with a miniature of an american polishing his boot with the nazi flag so y'know, variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ravenkult posted:

Link eeeeem

The other weird Sale thing is that all the knives have disappeared. I had like 5 of them in my cart (5-10$ each) and they're all deleted.

I'll link all the stuff when I get home. Phone posting at dialysis presently.