Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

gwrtheyrn posted:

Stupidly good. Also condemn probably does what you want against deaths shadow but isn't nearly as good in general

Yeah, thats where the discussion stemmed from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Swords would basically just replace path in every deck that plays white.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sickening posted:

4/1 at gp San Antonio and I am undefeated in all my games. Death shadow is good and people still don't instant what happens when death shadows bump into each other in all in attacks.

Keep it up, good work so far!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AlternateNu posted:

More like if you trample over Shadow, it survives because all damage is applied simultaneously, and it ends up becoming X+T with X damage on it where T was the amount of trample before state-based actions are applied.

Yeah same thing, if you and your Shadow take damage simultaneously then the Shadow survives if (X+T)>Y, where Y is the damage dealt to Shadow. I played Grixis Shadow last night so I forgot to Temur Battle Rage is a thing in Jund Shadow.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Why is this coverage so lame? Why do they have all this dead air time? Why not give us standings updates, or tell us what teams are doing, or give us team profiles, or deck archetype stats, or SOMETHING?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ShaneB posted:

Why is this coverage so lame? Why do they have all this dead air time? Why not give us standings updates, or tell us what teams are doing, or give us team profiles, or deck archetype stats, or SOMETHING?

People will watch it anyways

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

man chapin is going off about sam black's deck, this is great

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

man chapin is going off about sam black's deck, this is great

This is an amazing game with amazing commentary. :allears:

Edit: LOL! What the gently caress?! Bonfire off of a dozen karoo lands. Best deck ever!

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
well that was the perfect ending

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
And it all ends with a Bonfire. Beautiful.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

LOL that bonfire

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
We have been blessed today even though their team still lost.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

uninverted posted:

And it all ends with a Bonfire. Beautiful.
I just logged in, and missed it. Will a replay of the match be available?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Bonfire of the Damned: For when your 17/16 Tireless Tracker/double Primeval Titan/Hornet Queen board just can't quite get it done

actually it looked like it was just going to eke through but hey

Ersatz posted:

Should be available here soon, if worst comes to worst you should be able to scroll through the main video of the day until you find it.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ok now we're seeing ad nauseam go off against affinity and it literally can't win, but at least he removed all of affinity's permanents before scooping

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Elyv posted:

ok now we're seeing ad nauseam go off against affinity and it literally can't win, but at least he removed all of affinity's permanents before scooping

board wipe you, deal 23 dmg, lose? rofl "just like Dr. Garfield envisioned."

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Elyv posted:

Can't load stream, could you explain how he couldn't win?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
6-1 but team is 4-3. Fun regardless. Team matches are fun the goat.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

PJOmega posted:

I'm guessing a lot of lifegain from Vault Skirge made it so that the Affinity player had a high-enough life total.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

PJOmega posted:

So we only got to catch the last turn, but the Ad Naus Player had exiled his Labman to Spoils of the Vault and the Affinity player was at 40 from a Vault Skirge with double Cranial Plating, and the 17 lands left in the Ad Nauseam deck isn't enough to deal 40.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Played a modern GPT today with grixis death's delver. Only twenty fiveish people showed up so I liked my odds. Went 4-1 and the deck feels great. Beat fish, gw tron, grixis control, and hardened scales affinity (what are we calling that deck) and lost to jeskai Saheeli. Death's shadow is a helluva magic card. Made top 8, which we split, and played it out for the byes. Promptly lost to grixis control. It was a 1k prize pool so the store definitely lost money. Whoops!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Draft didn't fire today, so me and another guy grabbed three packs each and did some pack wars.

My pack 1 had a Marsh Flats and a foil Thragtusk. Pack 2 had a Tarmogoyf. Pack 3 was a Falkenrath Vampire 4/1 thingy. :toot:

He got a Basilisk Collar, Cruel Ultimatum and Pyromancer Ascension :v:

Made out WAY better than I would have had draft fired!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I opened a Tarmogoyf in an MM3 draft and am so far on one draw woth Jund on a p1p1 Broodmate Dragon. 0-2-1 let's do this!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Star Man posted:

I opened a Tarmogoyf in an MM3 draft and am so far on one draw woth Jund on a p1p1 Broodmate Dragon. 0-2-1 let's do this!

Goyf's not great in draft. Or in Pack Wars :(

Looks good in my trade binder tho

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

6-1 but team is 4-3. Fun regardless. Team matches are fun the goat.

Day 2?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Soul Glo posted:

Goyf's not great in draft. Or in Pack Wars :(

Looks good in my trade binder tho

It sure as poo poo isn't but I've got to reacquire then somehow after selling every Magic card I ever owned in 2013.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I did a paper MM17 draft today. Opened Bonfire pack 2, got passed Sphinx's Revelation pack three :getin:

Had a Wall of Denial in my goddamn sideboard because the deck was that good.

Lets Pickle fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 2, 2017

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Lets Pickle posted:

Sphinx's Revelation
what if in standard

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ersatz posted:

Not the whole match, but

https://clips.twitch.tv/PreciousStupidRadicchioANELE

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lets Pickle posted:

I did a paper MM17 draft today. Opened Bonfire pack 2, got passed Sphinx's Revelation pack three :getin:

Had a Wall of Denial in my goddamn sideboard because the deck was that good.

This is still wrong, Wall of Denial is one of the strongest cards in the format if the goal is to cast anything resembling a control spell.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

DoctorOozy posted:

Yep my exact deck except I am running 2 Molten rain and a Condem over the sudden shocks and 4th Destructive revelry (just Meta considerations locally)

I'm getting loving rekt playing with this deck online. Any mulligan/sideboarding tips?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A month or so removed from MM17 release, and Snapcaster Mage is $50

:sigh:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Soul Glo posted:

A month or so removed from MM17 release, and Snapcaster Mage is $50

:sigh:

GP San Antonio certainly has something to do with that. The general consensus is that it's in between the 2-6 week range that prices will dip some more, so I anticipate prices will decline again soon.

at least I hope so :eng99:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

We went x/4 in the last round . I went 8/1 in my games which is my best gp day 1 so far. We then proceeded to go out to the river walk to get hammered.

Death shadow decks are by far the best deck. Of course unified skews opponent quality each round, but I feel confident testing the last month that it's a battle for jund or grixis for the top spot.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

We went x/4 in the last round . I went 8/1 in my games which is my best gp day 1 so far. We then proceeded to go out to the river walk to get hammered.

Death shadow decks are by far the best deck. Of course unified skews opponent quality each round, but I feel confident testing the last month that it's a battle for jund or grixis for the top spot.

I'm starting to see both flavors a little more locally, and our steady Jund player is thinking about switching over as well. As a Shadow player, what matchups or types of cards do you least want to see? Might need to start devoting SB slots to the deck.

Also speculation time- Street Wraith reprint in Amonkhet? We know cycling's back, but the landwalk is probably a sticking point. It's a future-shifted card too and we know that they're back to re-printing (at least one of) those.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
No, there won't be a Street Wraith reprint.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I'm starting to see both flavors a little more locally, and our steady Jund player is thinking about switching over as well. As a Shadow player, what matchups or types of cards do you least want to see? Might need to start devoting SB slots to the deck.

Also speculation time- Street Wraith reprint in Amonkhet? We know cycling's back, but the landwalk is probably a sticking point. It's a future-shifted card too and we know that they're back to re-printing (at least one of) those.

Swampwalk is something they said they don't want to print again. It not a good decision of course, but just dumb rules they make for themselves that doesn't benefit us as players.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I'm gonna be the stupid newbie here and say good riddance to landwalking. Few things in this game honk me off like getting punished for playing basic lands. :negative:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Siivola posted:

I'm gonna be the stupid newbie here and say good riddance to landwalking. Few things in this game honk me off like getting punished for playing basic lands. :negative:

Don't play modern unless getting your shocks turned into islands and then being run over by fishmen isn't your thing I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
They're obviously not talking about Modern.

• Locked thread