Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Why do you fight everything
if someone itt wants to say legend of cao cao is good, i wont fight it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Ineffiable posted:

I think it might be safe to say that 2017 might be ps4's strongest year. Especially for exclusives.

Bloodborne probably sold a lot of PS4s. It definitely made me feel less stupid for buying it just for the eventual P5 release at the time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Baal posted:

8 games and the company literally started back in 2007 lol

2 were remastered though, but I feel like callin Odin sphere a simple remaster is disingenuous, that thing had a ton of work put into it.

That's why I said remake :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neeksy posted:

Bloodborne probably sold a lot of PS4s. It definitely made me feel less stupid for buying it just for the eventual P5 release at the time.

Dragon Quest Hereoes 2 sold a record number of PS4's when it came out, because Japan

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ineffiable posted:

I think it might be safe to say that 2017 might be ps4's strongest year. Especially for exclusives.

I don't think that's even a question. None of the previous entire years have been as good as this three month period (in terms of the kind of games I enjoy, anyway).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Neeksy posted:

Sure but that was the year 2015 right? What else did the ps4 get that year that was an exclusive?

This year you can at least say Yakuza, horizon, Nier (it runs so much better on ps4 so you could call it exclusive), nioh, uncharted stand alone story, persona, destiny 2 (I mean it'll still have exclusive content so it's still the definitive version) maybe dangan ronpa 3, gravity rush 2, possible Detroit and Grand turismo sport, crash HD trilogy, and Kingdom Hearts HD collections (mostly counting 2.8 but also partly 1.5/2.5)

Not saying it didn't sell a lot of ps4s but there's definitely no way 2015 or 2016 could stack up to this year for ps4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nier runs better on pc, whatchu talking about

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i would say that this is perhaps the best time to be playing video games

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Tae posted:

I guess I was thinking about Nier on ps4 pro versus the pc resolution bug.

Even if you take it out, 2017 is still legendary beyond belief.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tae posted:

Why do you fight everything

She's right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

60 hours in, i still can't get over how generic Nishima is

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
futabowns

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
that poor cute boy got ethered :(

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I just saw the trophy list. Spoilers I guess?

https://vgdb.pl/ps4/persona-5/trophies

They just had to bring that dumb voice line trophy back.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

slev posted:

They just had to bring that dumb voice line trophy back.

Just constantly switch characters and play like an idiot. You'll get it first run! :v:

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
i never finished persona 3 or persona 4 because i am dumb and bad

this time i think i will actually finish the video game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaUjy0UzFjE&t=24s

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Mailer posted:

Just constantly switch characters and play like an idiot. You'll get it first run! :v:

the role I was born to play

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, the plot starts to ramp up to 11 now after getting everyone. No breaks to breathe now.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Should I expect to have the MC's Persona not be poo poo after a couple of hours? I really loved Izanagi's design in Persona 4 so was bummed out with how useless he was.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

JackDarko posted:

Should I expect to have the MC's Persona not be poo poo after a couple of hours? I really loved Izanagi's design in Persona 4 so was bummed out with how useless he was.

Since P3 the pattern has been for starting Personas to be quickly disposable trash and then come roaring back as a plot point/NG+ exclusive, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

bad and bougie
Apr 3, 2017

by zen death robot
Only thing that happened to me in this game is when I pressed the nuclear satyagraha button all the girls turned on me and raped my inner being and soul .

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Depends? I've heard people with much better machines than I own still suffer from the magical white screen and crashing problems which they haven't patched. PS4 does suffer some frame drops but no crashing and broken graphics. Also, I'm still waiting for some cool mods to fix the slow subtitles and more clothes for 9S.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

9s is fully clothed tho?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Let me put 9S in 2B's outfit

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

slev posted:

Let me put 9S in 2B's outfit

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Same but A2's

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I am very excited to play this game on Tuesday!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Hell, remember SMTxFE?

you mean the best game of 2016? yeah

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

We're getting two more loving Yakuza games in the next two years in addition to 0 and if that isn't reason enough for you to buy a PS4 I feel bad for you, son.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
If I buy a game that isn't out yet with Amazon prime for the discounted price, does it ship on release day or will it actually arrive on release day? I never buy brand new games anymore but this is an exception. Also the steel book version is the same price on prime as regular, $48.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

well, in theory it arrives on release but mine hasn't even shipped yet
and steelbook is basically the typical atlus first print run bonus stuff they do, i think ie it being the same price isnt that unexpected from that perspective

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Huh, mine's showing up a day early. Thanks Amazon.

Amazon shipments should finally be getting tracking numbers.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
You should receive it on release date, when it ships depends on where you are located and how close you are to a fulfillment center. I personally don't trust Amazon with delivering games to me on release date past on past experience. Due to that I won't order a game from them unless I definitely don't mind waiting an extra day or two to get it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Mine has shipped!!!! It's...it's the ultra super chocolate stuffed deluxe version and I'm really excited about that

it comes with a BAG i am really excited to receive a bag

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
My Take Your Heart Edition still hasn't shipped yet :ohdear:

I have more pressing concerns atm than a video game but still

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't do Shinya's link. I can't. I'm laughing too hard. That's loving Laharl/rita repulsa teaching me how to be a gamer shootman

also, Makoto doubling down on being the mom

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's wrong with her eye?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's her upset/hurt cut-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

I can't do Shinya's link. I can't. I'm laughing too hard. That's loving Laharl/rita repulsa teaching me how to be a gamer shootman

also, Makoto doubling down on being the mom

these social links are powerful