Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I know King Moron's replacement was guilty of this, but who else in P4 was like this?

e: oh yeah, the nurse lady too

Adachi, depending on how you define "sexual predator"

Like if attacking women because they won't sleep with you counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Adachi, depending on how you define "sexual predator"

Like if attacking women because they won't sleep with you counts

Oh yeah, he's for sure a sexual predator, don't know how I excluded him

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Sakurazuka posted:

'lovely adults' aka all of them
i'm glad persona 5 takes 4's theme of Adults Are Stupid And Useless and ratchets it up to Adults Are Ruining Society, Beat Them Up Until They Stop

Saint Freak posted:

You can't SLink the hottest guys and gals if your persona is Al Bundy.
okay i guess when you put it like that i'll take the giant dick monster coming out of my chest

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Anybody know of a good lightweight Social Link guide for this game? Mostly looking for something to have on hand for picking the right dialogue options and reminding myself when people are available, not a full game "DO THINGS JUST SO" guide.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dan Didio posted:

There is a disproportionate amount of adults who are sexual predators in the first hour or so compared to what I was expecting.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dan Didio posted:

There is a disproportionate amount of adults who are sexual predators in the first hour or so compared to what I was expecting.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Still says Preparing for Dispatch for tomorrow. gently caress it, I might cancel later this evening. :smith:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if you are getting it off Amazon and live near a warehouse dont bug out. my shitnever ships til like 1pm the day of and I still get it every time

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

MotU posted:

if you are getting it off Amazon and live near a warehouse dont bug out. my shitnever ships til like 1pm the day of and I still get it every time

It says it's shipping from EU SARL so I'm not holding my breath. There are two depots about 30 miles away from me though so guess it depends.

I'll leave it for now and see if it updates by tomorrow.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've been on a bit of a platinum trophy kick lately. I'm not usually a trophy/achievement hunter, but for some reason I've been really enjoying going for the platinum on single player games this year (most notably NieR and Horizon). How are the trophies for Persona 5? I was reading something about needing to do a NG+ to get them all.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

MotU posted:

I ordered the Take Your Heart edition off Amazon. Got the shipping notification at 8am this morning. Amazon lists it as delivering tomorrow but the UPS tracking lists it as delivering Wednesday. Wouldn't be the first time Amazon has hosed up shipping. I don't know what it is, but for the last six months or so, Amazon has loving sucked with their shipping and I have received a disproportionately high number of late packages.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope the next Persona has a subplot about missing delivery dates

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I know King Moron's replacement was guilty of this, but who else in P4 was like this?

e: oh yeah, the nurse lady too

Morooka kept calling everyone sluts too. He just wasnt a predator.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are you guys honestly forgetting her for predators

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My steelbook just arrived. This is my first time getting in on one of these games from the start.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tae posted:

everyone knows that when it's a female teacher it's cool and not when it's a dude one.

I'm being facetious but this is also kind of seen as true at times

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

My steelbook just arrived. This is my first time getting in on one of these games from the start.

Yeah, my copy just arrived too! Except I accidentally ordered it to my parents house, so I shall have to wait till next week to Steal Hearts.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

everyone knows that when it's a female teacher it's cool and not when it's a dude one.

Kenji agrees.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Tae posted:

I know King Moron's replacement was guilty of this

for how bad p4's writing was at times, im honestly surprised they went with Yo, Everyone Hates This Woman Horned Up For High Schoolers, Do Not Give Her The Time of Day

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure some side comments were made about King Moron being a Risette fan.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dehry posted:

I'm pretty sure some side comments were made about King Moron being a Risette fan.

To be fair, so was literally everyone else in Inaba pretty much.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
no matter how old you are, you can still have a favorite idol though yeah I think they mention him having pin-up magazines

there are some npc conversations I remember where he'd actually have decent 1 on 1 conversations with a lot of students to talk about their futures and help guide them so really somehow mooroka was the least worst adult in that game

his whole rant at the beginning of the game is less "Teenage Girls Are All Sluts" and more about how he just thinks teenagers are horny idiots (not wrong) and worried they'll become gently caress ups

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 3, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dehry posted:

to be fair there's a diff between thinking an actress/musician is cute and actively perving on kids in real life, and there's also a lot of side comments about him treating the female students well and talking them about the difficulties they'd face due to their gender in a realistic but honest way. do not misrepresent king moron.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm cute

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Let's not ignore that aside from a few seniors, all the characters in Persona are under the age of 18. Actually, make that all of anime.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Morooka was probably the best teacher at Yasogami. Though there wasn't really much competition.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dehry posted:

Let's not ignore that aside from a few seniors, all the characters in Persona are under the age of 18. Actually, make that all of anime.
there are plenty of anime about adult characters

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Also remember, King Moron didn't actually say he was going to check the girls to see if they were pure. That was Jeff Gerstmann doing an impression of him as a joke. It was uncanny, I know, but don't confuse a joke by a commentator with actual dialogue, now.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jimbot posted:

Also remember, King Moron didn't actually say he was going to check the girls to see if they were pure. That was Jeff Gerstmann doing an impression of him as a joke. It was uncanny, I know, but don't confuse a joke by a commentator with actual dialogue, now.

gently caress. I've played the game 4 times and I could have sworn he said that. The Endurance Run broke me.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah some of the Endurance Run jokes are Very Late 2000's and probably have a good hold in some people's memory of P4

Best joke of the whole thing is "DUDE I'm wearing my ski jacket!!!!"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic also portrayed him in that way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

yeah some of the Endurance Run jokes are Very Late 2000's and probably have a good hold in some people's memory of P4

Best joke of the whole thing is "DUDE I'm wearing my ski jacket!!!!"

Those were always funny. I forgot which episode but when Adachi was talking and he had that funny looking puzzled face Vinny or Jeff said "Has anyone seen my UNDERWEAR?!" and I couldn't stop laughing for a while. It was pitch perfect. They were making fun of how the game likes to bold and color the important objects in a sentence.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Popularity leads to intimacy, Vinny! They put it in red zelda text so you know its important!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Ryan, we're gonna summon Satan!"

"Have fun kids!"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played for 6 hours today and didn't set foot inside a dungeon apart from a couple of short scripted parts.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I played for 6 hours today and didn't set foot inside a dungeon apart from a couple of short scripted parts.

Sounds like the opening to Persona 4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Uh, I got Ann in like 4 hours, the hell did you do?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was probably some idling while I messed on my phone or whatever but I doubt it was two hours of it. I do spend a lot of time looking for stuff to press X at though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

There was probably some idling while I messed on my phone or whatever but I doubt it was two hours of it. I do spend a lot of time looking for stuff to press X at though.

The hallmark of an old