Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fullTimeLurker posted:

is the Dwarves Forge Exploration still the best place to farm for Fire Megacryst to make Hero Rings?

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_places_to_farm

quote:

Harvesting at Surging Volcano - Exploration gives the most fire megacryst per energy and time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Thanks Cartoon, I wasn't sure because the OP said Dwarves Forge, so I wasn't sure if there was something special about it that wasn't listed in the Wiki. I guess it's safe to ignore the OP for the most part?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Also, I believe the Fire Shrine is the best place in general, as it has the highest megacryst droprate, but not all for 1 type. You'll need all of them for the 2nd level rings, so might as well just grind there. This is not counting the new Mysidia explorations though, those could be better I have no idea.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hypothetically the mog cakes event should be pretty good for leveling your dudes and crafting rings but i hate it probably more than any other thing this game has released. i guess i should just run the macro for it and that's fine but it's sort of a bummer not playing the game for an entire week essentially

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fullTimeLurker posted:

Thanks Cartoon, I wasn't sure because the OP said Dwarves Forge, so I wasn't sure if there was something special about it that wasn't listed in the Wiki. I guess it's safe to ignore the OP for the most part?

OP is mostly solid, but the game is always coming out with new poo poo it's hard to keep up.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki
This is probably your number one resource for everything but it takes them some time to get updated when new story content arrives. New banner characters get rated usually 4-5 days after release.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com
This guy is a good alternative to the wiki, but nowhere near as in depth. I like his event guides, they cut to the chase and tell you what's most important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/
Finally there's Reddit. It's the best place for up to the second news and information but can be a little chaotic. Lots of shitposting to wade through. However they datamine all the latest patches and leak out content ahead of any formal announcement. The guy who maintains the macro thread is doing the Lord's work.

http://www.ffbedb.com
Last but not least is the database. This is where we go to play with gear builds and dream about all the five star TM's we'll never have. (Except for Fenrir who has already managed to pull the Easter mage before the content is even released.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

They managed to find one of the few ways to make the mogcake event worse. loving event gacha bullshit. Over two million event coins on that loving ifrit gacha and no Y'shtola.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
2 more wins and I have 100 consecutive in my 1st attempt at Arena. I am starting to freak the gently caress out because every squad is Gilgys, Noctis, Lightining, Ling, that huge gently caress off Magitek Santa

1 more because the last one I got was some ones bonus squad. 100% bonus + Orlandu

And I will choose him again!

hagie fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 4, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hagie posted:

1 more because the last one I got was some ones bonus squad. 100% bonus + Orlandu

A completely fair fight.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

2 more wins and I have 100 consecutive in my 1st attempt at Arena. I am starting to freak the gently caress out because every squad is Gilgys, Noctis, Lightining, Ling, that huge gently caress off Magitek Santa

Did you get the 100 streak trophy?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fullTimeLurker posted:

I haven't updated the image since December so I'll get on that.

Otherwise I try to keep the OP updated every couple months. Exploration data takes a month or so before people know how good the mat/nrg ratio is, so it's harder to keep up with.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 4, 2017

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

- Beatrix is up there with Noctis and Rikku. Only thing that holds her back is that she's a hybrid character. Doesn't really matter... her attacks all have great multipliers, plus she's got Holy and Arise on the side. She needs a holy-elemental weapon like Excalibur to truly shine.

- Steiner is Beatrix lite, trading the white magic for the very basic break abilities (Armor Break, Power Break, etc). You'd want him for his TM, though, which is Excalibur II. It needs no introduction. Like Beatrix, a holy elemental weapon is a must for Steiner.

- Zidane is about on par with Lightning. As part of his 6* upgrade, he gets an item drop rate increase/encounter down passive, can dual wield daggers/throwing weaps passively (and gets a huge boost when using daggers), and has the ability to steal HP, MP and stats from enemies (and can dual cast those abilities). He's also got an AoE debuff that hits everything with every status effect in the book at a 30% chance. The downside is that he has no defense-ignoring attacks, which is why he's not rated higher.

- Vivi's 6* form is firmly in the Exdeath Dualcast Meteor club. He has a couple of passive magic buffs for when he's low on health or using a rod. His special spell is Doomsday, which is essentially a more powerful Dark-elemental version of Meteor. It's also a spell, so it can be dualcast.

!RemindMe November 1st, 2017

(Thanks for this tho)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Did you get the 100 streak trophy?

I did. My last 3 battles were against the same guy because they had a bonus event farming team that had no power.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Other than not having full raise and being immune to status effects, isn't Y'shtola pretty drat good compared to Refia? I have three trust moogles and a dual cast guy at 70% but I don't know if I wanna burn through then just to rush it on Refia.

As far as I can see with dual wielding her staff and her special gear, Y'shtola blows Refia outta the water stat wise, plus comes with dual cast baked in. Raising doesn't seem to matter a lot when you can pump out way stronger heals but I could be looking at this wrong?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mogcakes are coming back? Glad I saved mine from last year.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Other than not having full raise and being immune to status effects, isn't Y'shtola pretty drat good compared to Refia? I have three trust moogles and a dual cast guy at 70% but I don't know if I wanna burn through then just to rush it on Refia.

As far as I can see with dual wielding her staff and her special gear, Y'shtola blows Refia outta the water stat wise, plus comes with dual cast baked in. Raising doesn't seem to matter a lot when you can pump out way stronger heals but I could be looking at this wrong?

Dualcast full raise is crazy good, especially if you have a Cecil (with dualcast!) who can off heal on that turn. Yshtola is drat close, but I consider DC Refia better for the full raise and immunity. No DC? Then yeah Yshtola blows her out the water.

All of this is mute when Tilith gets her six star and becomes the Goddess she was born to be. AOE full raise, AOE full heal, AOE heal + AOE full status removal. Mana is her only issue, get her equipped with two Cupid Luna's soluna bands if you got them!

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 4, 2017

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Kheldarn posted:

Mogcakes are coming back? Glad I saved mine from last year.

No.

The Easter event will be similar in that you will be grinding the same exploration a million times, but it is not actually Mogcakes.

First event since Mogcakes where you will be running whatever the current equiv. of Maranda Coast is. Presumably it will be one of the two new Mysidia explorations.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What the gently caress.

Two rainbows in the past three days (off of like 4 pulls), and neither was Orlandeau.

Now I have to scrounge up gigantuars for Noctis AND Luneth...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

What the gently caress.

Two rainbows in the past three days (off of like 4 pulls), and neither was Orlandeau.

Now I have to scrounge up gigantuars for Noctis AND Luneth...

Poor baby.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

That was my first thought thought. I feel so sorry for him!

Noctis has been my only 5* other than Y'Shtola so far(who I got 6 of over the course of the event, including the free one).

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Yes, Yshtola is better than Refia without dualcast. However, beyond the status effect case, Refia also has Embolden which boosts physical attack teams and complements Cecil's Focus. Yshtola only has defensive buffs of protectga and shellga.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if we're looking ahead to using 6* wol over cecil i believe yshtola ends up being a better complement than refia

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So I just ran the numbers, and I could have a dual wield right now. And that is with no scripts etc.

The only problem is that it would liquidate my Zidane inventory.

I'm not going to, but god drat it is so close...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I want to build Y'shtola up as a mage that can also backup heal. I know she only has a few black magic spells but I have a Noctis ring I can throw on her. Could be useful (but probably not).

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I thought of using her in arena for dual cast black magic and death and the odd times when healing might be nice, but anytime I got close to losing in arena I don't know if she'd actually help (hi blizzard flask!). Maybe I'll try her on a week where status effects are banned because Ling doesn't have much to do.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Getting the 3x limit burst achievement on story levels sure is easier now that there's a ton of units with 2x limit gauge fills.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

PDQ Law posted:

Yes, Yshtola is better than Refia without dualcast. However, beyond the status effect case, Refia also has Embolden which boosts physical attack teams and complements Cecil's Focus. Yshtola only has defensive buffs of protectga and shellga.

Is there much of a reason to use Yshtola over dualcast Refia, besides situational need?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yes see my post above regarding 6* wol

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Getting the 3x limit burst achievement on story levels sure is easier now that there's a ton of units with 2x limit gauge fills.

Speaking of which did anyone finish Mysidia/Fina's Psyche, I've been using everything on FFT.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I did the new story portion this weekend. The story was actually not complete and utter garbage. You learn how the Veritases came about and yadda yadda.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Greetings! This is my first post on this thread. Thanks to everyone who accepted my friend requests ... It's amazing to see what fully kitted out 6* characters can do (hello, 1100 ATK Olive doing 800 000 dmg to ELT bosses).

I have about 35k orbs saved up so far from the FFT event. I already bought the Battle Hoop, Durandal, all the cactuars, and all the summoning tickets except the 6k ones. I'm not sure what I should be spending it on now: Save up for the katana? Some of the materia? Stock up on awakening materials? Something else?

I have 6* Exdeath, CoD, Yshtola, Firion, Refia, and Rain. The only notable other character is Cecil, currently at 5*. I've only been playing a month or so, so the only TMRs I have are the ones I got from the Ifrit Raid characters.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'd get the katana. It's the best you'll probably get for awhile outside of TMs/the Gilg trial.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'd blow piles upon piles of orbs on sacred crystals if they weren't capped at twenty

werdnam posted:

Greetings! This is my first post on this thread. Thanks to everyone who accepted my friend requests ... It's amazing to see what fully kitted out 6* characters can do (hello, 1100 ATK Olive doing 800 000 dmg to ELT bosses).

I have about 35k orbs saved up so far from the FFT event. I already bought the Battle Hoop, Durandal, all the cactuars, and all the summoning tickets except the 6k ones. I'm not sure what I should be spending it on now: Save up for the katana? Some of the materia? Stock up on awakening materials? Something else?

I have 6* Exdeath, CoD, Yshtola, Firion, Refia, and Rain. The only notable other character is Cecil, currently at 5*. I've only been playing a month or so, so the only TMRs I have are the ones I got from the Ifrit Raid characters.

After the katana grab the star quartz. The Town of Kolts star quartz shop sells earrings which give +20% MAG which is great for Exdeath. After that... probably the magicite? You need a ton to fully power up an esper and they give good stat boosts and some give good killer abilities.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

My stat-immune, perfect dodge Noctis is finally done! I don't think he can solo Gilgamesh, but he sure is going to be annoying in the arena.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I guess my question re: Y'shtola or Refia was is does the raw stats on her aoe cures put her pretty drat close? Most of this is me just wondering for the thread's take because my Y'sholta isn't even maxed out.

With like 3 trust moogles now I could max out dual cast or stockpile them to rush out Olive's Sparky or a doublehand. So I'm not sure if I really badly need double cast or should I rush big deeps on Olive

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Swoon posted:

My stat-immune, perfect dodge Noctis is finally done! I don't think he can solo Gilgamesh, but he sure is going to be annoying in the arena.

He can't solo gilgamesh, you're right. If he has a holy weapon while also maintaining those stats, though, he can do the same as mine and Dana's lightnings, and solo once he's gotten past the third milestone.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Do Olive no question.

As a tm farner, If I don't have to worry about getting paralyzed or any other status effects I would use yshtola over refia. Frees up an ability slot since free dualcast
I can find another source of atk/mag buffs

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Y'shtola also has innate auto-refresh which is a pretty big boon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

werdnam posted:

Make sure I'm your friend, I like helping newbies blow poo poo up. Otherwise send me an invite with something goony in your message. (This applies to any thread lurkers too!)

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Scrublord Prime posted:

After the katana grab the star quartz. The Town of Kolts star quartz shop sells earrings which give +20% MAG which is great for Exdeath. After that... probably the magicite? You need a ton to fully power up an esper and they give good stat boosts and some give good killer abilities.

Thanks for the tip on the earrings! I had noticed them but somehow missed that they have MAG +20%, and I already had enough star quartz to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cleared out some inactives, but I'll always make room for goons.

• Locked thread