Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Eh I suppose not as secret as it was.

freakin' lol at NBA dirty play and grappling for even slight psychological advantage:
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/848050548897009664
Here's the video of James Harden pinching Draymond's belly haha
https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/848052500997353472

This is clearly a hammer blow to the upper forearm
You can pull the slider along frame by frame to see where it lands, Harden pinches and Green hammers Harden's forearm meat closer to his elbow than his wrist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Intruder posted:

I have watched it, it doesn't hit his elbow. At best you can say it hit the inside of his forearm, but given that the consensus is that it was the wrist and both Harden and Green say it was the wrist I'm inclined to believe it was the wrist instead of Zaprudering it to give a noted dirty player on your favorite team a pass

Hey if that's your stance that's fine :shrug: But pretending it wasn't a targeted blow to an injured body part is just being a homer

Lol at this very homer take

You don't have to go full JFK conspiracy theorist to see that Harden may or may not have been pinching but definitely had a hand on Green, Green slaps at Harden's arm to get it out of there as he makes an off-ball offensive move, and the blow lands near Harden's elbow, nowhere near his wrist.

Just a guess, but Draymond probably went along with people saying it was on the wrist because he did not know exactly where the hit landed, had not seen a replay, and it was plausible to him that he got the wrist. I doubt Green was even looking down, he was trying to move to a different place on the floor and that is where his attention would have been. Feel free to zapruder that if you like, I have not done so.

Also the reason Green visibly didn't give any fucks is because defenders grabbing and having their arms slapped away is a routine thing which probably happens dozens of times in a typical game. The only reason this one has people trying to make it a thing is that it got called as an offensive foul, there was a camera angle, idiot homer tv announcers immediately claimed it was a deliberate savage targeted blow, and it was Draymond Green. Anyone else, nobody gives a poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think punching a guy in any part of his body because he pinched you is excessive and arguing over wrist or elbow is irrelevant.

Like if you punch him in the head but miss, it doesn't matter that you only struck air.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
'Ware Jim Harden, the Mad Pincher of Houston.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LBJ had a big 40/15/10 TD. Only Harden has done that in recent years.

xbilkis posted:

I am fascinated to see if Fred Hoiberg has the guts to bring Wade off the bench in the playoffs. Maybe Mirotic, Rondo and Butler keep shooting at an elite clip and they can afford to start Wade despite spacing and ball movement issues. Or hell, maybe Playoffs Wade finds his three point stroke again and the Bulls bomb the Raptors out of the playoffs before gracefully bowing out to the Cavs

Perhaps the Raptors will face the Bulls in the first round. The Bulls could start the bench and win.

EvanTH posted:

Why do people keep saying Derrick Rose did useful and productive things this year and showed some kinda recovery? I watched a lot of Knicks games and I did not really see this?

He did show a marginal improvement in some areas. His numbers this year compare closely to his rookie numbers which aren't awful but are better than 2013-2016 Rose.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

TBeats posted:

I think punching a guy in any part of his body because he pinched you is excessive and arguing over wrist or elbow is irrelevant.

Like if you punch him in the head but miss, it doesn't matter that you only struck air.

you reap what you sow

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, I have zero problems with his actions when dude is pinching him.

Ah so you are playing both the "I'm 100% ok with what Draymond did because Harden was being a dick" and the "STOP MAKING UP NARRATIVES ABOUT DRAYMOND" card at the same time. Amazing.

I also love how you ignore the things that Draymond Green himself said he did when going after people for making up things that Draymond did.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So where is Durant going next year

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
"When they spit at me, when they grab at me, they aren't hurting me. When I push out and mangle the flesh of another, it's falling so short of what I really want to do to them." - Draymond Green

Shear Modulus posted:

Morey saw Isaiah Thomas and realized tiny point guards are the new market inefficiency.

It's cool that there is a small guy renaissance going on after that dark period in which both Boykins and Robinson washed out of the league.

pubic works project posted:

Intruder I thought we were friends. Why you wish bad things on me? At least offer us Sam Dekkar.

Sam DEKKAH is untouchable according to clutchfans, sorry

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Doesn't that depend on who beats him in the playoffs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't that depend on who beats him in the playoffs?

He's gonna get injured again before the playoffs start.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I hate Draymond "fat yell" Green but him hitting Harden's limb after Harden pinched his belly is maybe the only non-Blazer thing that I enjoy now that Embiid's out. It is hilarious and fair and should not be controversial at all.

As for it being a targeted attack, don't pinch a man's belly with your bad wrist's hand if you don't want it swatted at.

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
The warriors/rockets game was actually played on the 1st of April in my time zone, so I just put it all down to a pinch and a punch for the first day of the month.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Ol Root Beer Barrel pinching bellies is so hilarious to me. I love you Jim

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
When James Harden pinches your belly by golly it stays pinched.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TBeats posted:

Pinching is weird and lame. If someone is pinching you, you better believe you're gonna smack that arm away

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
does anyone actually care about pinch gate on either side of it

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

It's cool that there is a small guy renaissance going on after that dark period in which both Boykins and Robinson washed out of the league.

We are truly living in the golden age of point guard scoring. IT has the second highest total for a PG ever. Harden (BBR lists him as a PG this year) and Curry are in the 4th and 5th place all-time.

code:
NP	Player
415.04	Isaiah Thomas
407.44	James Harden
372.52	Stephen Curry
348.12	LeBron James
347.32	Kevin Durant
334.64	Karl-Anthony Towns
321.52	Kawhi Leonard
303.8	Giannis Antetokounmpo
287.88	Bradley Beal
286.48	Damian Lillard
NP by PGs:

code:
Player		NP	Year
Stephen Curry	601	2016
Isaiah Thomas   415.04	2017
Stephen Curry	410.72	2015
James Harden	407.44  2017
Stephen Curry	372.52  2017
Dana Barros	351.16  1995
Magic Johnson	346.72  1990
Magic Johnson	345.28  1989
Oscar Robertson	342.08  1967
Oscar Robertson	337.48  1963
Stephen Curry	336.88  2014
Steve Nash	332.32  2007
Best five seasons for the position in the last three years.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

leftist heap posted:

Ol Root Beer Barrel pinching bellies is so hilarious to me. I love you Jim

Looked like he was going for nipple

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

#vladewasright
https://twitter.com/james_hamnbcs/status/848985432612196353

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Tae posted:

To the White House to shake hands with President Pence.

Buddy will become a legend and the NBA will change its logo to the shape of a smoking dude with a beer belly.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 4, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Holy poo poo. Vlade Knew.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
So he won his second rookie of the month then

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
So Tim Duncan's financial advisor could be sentenced to a shitload of jail time: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19067697/ex-financial-adviser-guilty-defrauding-tim-duncan

LeBron will re-sign his assistant GM: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19067045/cleveland-cavaliers-gm-david-griffin-gets-endorsement-lebron-james

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
loving over timmy d? unforgivable. look at that face. who could defraud that face!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fast Luck posted:

Pinching is weird and lame. If someone is pinching you, you better believe you're gonna smack that arm away

pinching is the most psychologically deadly maneuver you can make in the national basketball association

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WhyteRyce posted:

Ah so you are playing both the "I'm 100% ok with what Draymond did because Harden was being a dick" and the "STOP MAKING UP NARRATIVES ABOUT DRAYMOND" card at the same time. Amazing.

I also love how you ignore the things that Draymond Green himself said he did when going after people for making up things that Draymond did.

My only point was that Green didn't hit his wrist, intent or not.

zelah posted:

I hate Draymond "fat yell" Green but him hitting Harden's limb after Harden pinched his belly is maybe the only non-Blazer thing that I enjoy now that Embiid's out. It is hilarious and fair and should not be controversial at all.

As for it being a targeted attack, don't pinch a man's belly with your bad wrist's hand if you don't want it swatted at.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

warcrimes posted:

My only point was that Green didn't hit his wrist, intent or not.

He didn't say he intended to, he said he did.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/848929996202758144

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spoeank posted:

Holy poo poo. Vlade Knew.

It would be kind of hilarious if Buddy went on to become the next (or better than) Steph Curry.

Fake basketball Buddy stuff nobody cares about.
After Seth Curry went down last week, I picked up Buddy in my fantasy league as a desperation move. He helped carry me through that round of the playoffs. Anyone that wants to join a free league next season let me know. I'm always looking to add more people. It's a casualish league.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think Derrick Rose would be a great backup PG in Washington, would rather have him than Trey Burke or Jennings

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

pinching is the most psychologically deadly maneuver you can make in the national basketball association

Where does blowing in your opponent's ear rank?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wonder what other things Vlade was right about that we all laughed at him for. Maybe Papa John is secretly good?!? Maybe the 2019 draft will be garbage?!?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

WhyteRyce posted:

Wonder what other things Vlade was right about that we all laughed at him for. Maybe Papa John is secretly good?!? Maybe the 2019 draft will be garbage?!?

smoking cigarette is ok

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Spacebump posted:

It would be kind of hilarious if Buddy went on to become the next (or better than) Steph Curry.

I think it's funny because 2 of the 5 or so guys in the NBA that are closest to being Curry are leading their team to a .500 record.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm excited for Durant coming back. The Warriors have been on a loving tear so if their form drops off things are gonna get spicy

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Jota posted:

I'm excited for Durant coming back. The Warriors have been on a loving tear so if their form drops off things are gonna get spicy

Nothing will get spicy because Steve Kerr isn't an idiot

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he did get soundly outcoached by david blatt and then lost up 3-1 to ty lue whose facial expression just now reacted to the fact the cavs won

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Adun posted:

Nothing will get spicy because Steve Kerr isn't an idiot

*several videos of Draymond and KD being whiny bitches to each other*

If there's a big knock on Kerr it's that the inmates definitely run the asylum. So things would definitely spice up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Picture of a dude you signed to a 10-day contract" is the funniest way to have your offseason targets leaked. Congrats to the Orlando Magic

"Saric (for AG?)" is the highlight

• Locked thread