Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

I just caught up with that thread and i'd be very happy with that pick.

Kenny King was my true alternate. Zach Cunningham gets lost at the line too much(not a good run defender). McDowell is a great blend of BPA and need and pretty nuts value at 24. His "issues" can be fixed like MEJ's were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tony Zarrella owns. I fondly remember his days as a sports anchor in Denver

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Case Keenum to the Vikings

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Case Keenum to the Vikings

the NFC North is now resettling all the lovely quarterbacks

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

tarbrush posted:

I have no problem with the Dolphins picking him, my quarrel is the asinine way the coaching staff used him. Linebacker that can cover Gronk and just about keep up with Megatron? Better get him to add 30 pounds and set an edge.

Fuckwits.

What else could he have done? Seems like he would be poo poo against the run and too light for pass rushing as well.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
They should have played him at linebacker

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dude was born to be a LOLB

He was tremendous in coverage and has a great pass rush for a one trick guy. He sadly was given the wrong position and he let his addiction win against football so he's near uselesss

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The NFC North needs a bad quarterback travel ban.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
AP visiting Pats because of course he is.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Forever_Peace posted:

AP visiting Pats because of course he is.

He's old and probably busted

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Nah he's the next Corey Dillon bro.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr. Nice! posted:

Romo is gonna have a steer on his helmet and its going to be interesting and I'm actually going to cheer for the Texans for once.

HOOK EM HORNS

You guys had a million years to do something, anything with him, so I don't know what you're crying about
vvv

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 3, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

:argh:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Corey Dillon was 30 when he joined the Patriots.

Corey Dillon's age 32 year was pretty uh, 2006 Patriots-y

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AP is old but he also got an entire year off a year ago, and not to recuperate from injury. So maybe he still has another year of gas in the tank?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

AP is old but he also got an entire year off a year ago, and not to recuperate from injury. So maybe he still has another year of gas in the tank?

I'm not sure this is how age works!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wouldnt bet against him but hes no immune to the old running back fall off just because he was good and sat for a year.

I wouldnt be surprised if they have him a one year deal.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Ehud posted:

I'm not sure this is how age works!

There's good reason to think that decline is a combination of age *and* wear and not just age. I mean poo poo, of all people you should be able to appreciate what a 32 year-old RB can do if he's spent the last few years just smoking weed and chilling instead of getting drilled a couple hundred times a week in practice/games

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
That's not really what's it's been, though. Yeah, he got a free year off in 2014, then proceeded to take 300+ carries in 2015 and tore his meniscus in 2016.

But regardless of that, AP's ability to bust free isn't what it used to be. On a team like the Patriots, sure, he's going to get better looks than what he got in Minnesota and for that reason, he'll provide the occasional highlight. But he's a step slower (this was noticeable in 2015), still can't operate out of the shotgun and has always needed a steady dose of carries to be effective. I have a hard time seeing him being successful in New England.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/848983991411761154

Was hoping to land him in Oakland. Guess we re-sign Riley now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They must've ponied up the bucks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/848983991411761154

Was hoping to land him in Oakland. Guess we re-sign Riley now.

Welp

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Same boat! Everything rumored was it was between Miami and Oakland, as they both offered him essentially the same Prove It deal, and now Washington doing what they do and probably giving him 2/17/12 or something nuts

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I want a good MLB so bad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
NFCN incest continues. Former Bears DT Ego Ferguson claimed by Packers off waivers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

NFCN incest continues. Former Bears DT Ego Ferguson claimed by Packers off waivers.

Looks Letroy Guion won't be much longer for the team, then, if Ferguson works out

Don't the Bears run a similar defensive scheme to the Packers?

Oh good this guy has an injury history, this is definitely the right player for a team without injury problems

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 3, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

great name

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh good this guy has an injury history, this is definitely the right player for a team without injury problems

preseason waiver wire picks are pretty much down to "could this dude be useful in any way, including as a target dummy in practice" so I don't think this is toooo big of a concern

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, right now you're just filling a 90 man roster.

If you give a guy over a million you care about him making your roster, under that and he's just a guy who could lose his job to a random UDFA.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hot Diggity! posted:

Just what we need, another big Ego in the locker room

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

No Irish Need Imply posted:

This reminds me of Parm and his incessant need to remind everyone that Chase Daniel just needed a chance. Also that Daniel was gonna light it up in the Eagles.

Chase Daniel got his chance. He beat out Greg McElroy to be the second best high school QB from Dallas.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Romo just announced his retirement.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Good. I know everyone wanted to see him playing for someone else, but the last few years have been absolutely brutal for him. Probably the right move to hang them up and save what's left of his body.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hopefully whatever damage he has he can recover from and not be a cripple with crippled finances due to necessary medicine. And make a lot of money on TV.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Houston Texans currently convincing themselves that maybe cutler just hasn't had the chance he needs to be great

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lol Jerruh probably made a secret backroom deal to pay the balance of Tony's contract just so he wouldn't play for the Texans. Looking forward to when that comes to light 5 years from now

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol Jerruh probably made a secret backroom deal to pay the balance of Tony's contract just so he wouldn't play for the Texans. Looking forward to when that comes to light 5 years from now

I'm assuming it was a handshake deal on some real estate/car dealerships/restaurants through some shadowy third parties that no one will ever investigate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
See? This is why I steadfastly refused to get my hopes up

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

mastershakeman posted:

Houston Texans currently convincing themselves that maybe Brock just hasn't had the chance he needs to be great

You can have him back for a 3rd if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

Houston Texans currently convincing themselves that maybe cutler just hasn't had the chance he needs to be great

I would like to see Cutler own giving no shits about or even knowing what team he is even on.

• Locked thread