Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love the game saying Transfer To The Ginza Line and not telling you at all how to do that, very realistic. That and the "Looks like the rumors about the Tokyo subway are true" are good at selling you on Welcome To The City, Crime Hick Boy

I bumbled around trying to find the Ginza line, but my friend who had stayed in Japan found it easy since the building he used to get to the line that took him to where he stayed is the same building you use to get to the Ginza line so it's a good recreation of Shibuya station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is not Sega, they have at no point made a statement and even said they are keeping a hands off policy with Atlus games. I'm pretty sure Yakuza isn't even policed to this extent.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

Raf's P5 LP got nixed because of that article, I'm dying. Fuckin nice job, Atlus.

little known fact, i uploaded a copy of rivers in the desert like, week 1 of it being released in japan and got a copyright strike for it

i ain't taking my chances

atlus sucks dilzzzzz

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
still gonna LP it tho, just when the JP overlords at atlus stop giving a poo poo, so like...july? august?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boy are my arms tired posted:

still gonna LP it tho, just when the JP overlords at atlus stop giving a poo poo, so like...july? august?

Try 2018, if you're lucky

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Captain Baal posted:

Try 2018, if you're lucky

gently caress

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember them not wanting people to reveal the Persona Q plot twist, or the fact everything that happened was most likely forgotten by everyone but the Velvet Room attendants.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have always wanted people to not talk about their games, ever since P4 came out they have had warnings asking people to not spoil the game, it's just now there's poo poo they can use to enforce it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm pretty sure everyone ignored the Persona Q one and nothing ever came of it, partly because there weren't a fuckload of people playing it

Persona 5, however, is an entirely different story.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Spoiler policing is amusing. They're going as far as threatening a copyright claim on videos to enforce it (but streaming in general is ok until a certain point in the story), which sounds like an abuse of the system.

Someone should make a video of themselves just reading a spoiler-filled plot synopsis.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, would they have any claim against someone reading out the spoilers of what happens, but with no associated video from the game?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Baal posted:

No, you're not supposed to talk about the game either except in broad strokes. If Atlus is gonna thought police you, they're covering all of their bases, god dammit.

Please phrase all interpretations of the game in the form of

game good

-or-

game bad

Thank you

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm on the second day and I'm already so frustrated with the lovely adults, and I'm pretty sure I'm irl older than at least one of them.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Help big men just beat me up and tied me to a chair and spoiled Persona 5 for me. Won't someone take legal action

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the tl is pretty stiff and has some errors, and i think it's fine to be disappointed by that. Going 'well, EVERY tl has stiff lines' just isn't true. The Trails series is also insanely long, and while not every line is a masterpiece or anything I can't remember anything that stood out as incredibly stiff, and only like 2-5 typos a game. I do also think the TL is noticeably stiffer than P3/P4 - not to say those games were perfect, they also had some really clumsy lines in places, but P5's tl feels a little worse about that. Atlus USA lost their main translator recently, so it makes sense that the result would be worse than the previous games if they couldn't find anyone to replace him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus if the voice acting stuff is true I feel like Atlus Japan probably stuck their hand in this TL in more than a few places

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Christ, everything in this game is so expensive. Anyone got some protips on what to prioritize with my extremely limited cash?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

On further inspection there is no sound at all, just music tracks.

Did I buy a defective product for €90?

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

This is a late April Fools joke, right?

I'm a big fan of how the article itself has spoilers when telling people what not to discuss or stream, and that the Twitter replies are spammed to hell and back with story spoilers. Good luck with this one, Atlus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh wait i need to talk about the game in broad strokes

so atlus is poo poo, i guess

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Persona 5 is a game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Norns posted:

Persona 5 is a game

spoilers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

Christ, everything in this game is so expensive. Anyone got some protips on what to prioritize with my extremely limited cash?

My recommendations on what to spend money on are

-Sadayo
-Chihaya
-Save 100k for the SP Regeneration Accessory Tae gives you at Rank 5
-Maybe some equipment here and there
-Compendium Stuff

If you can, try and get Teranosuke to Rank 2 because he gives you the ability to extort money from demons and it makes it less of a pain in the rear end to keep up on cash

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

On further inspection there is no sound at all, just music tracks.

Did I buy a defective product for €90?

delete the files and try again. I saw that reported on a twitter account and that's how they fixed it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

ayy atlus!! i got a broad stroke for ya... RIGHT HERE :mrgw:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Heath posted:

Is the name "The Joker" related in any way at all to Persona 2? I assume no but it would make me happy because I'm one of the four people who likes P2 EP.

persona 2 (both halves) is a bad rear end game and people SHOULD care

this is in no way my attempt to grass roots build a movement to get them to remake persona 2 in the persona 5 engine or anything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wizard on a water slide posted:

persona 2 (both halves) is a bad rear end game and people SHOULD care

this is in no way my attempt to grass roots build a movement to get them to remake persona 2 in the persona 5 engine or anything

I care about Persona 2

I care

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Endorph posted:

oh wait i need to talk about the game in broad strokes

so atlus is poo poo, i guess

game good. buttons execute commands. one command is "defend" that you are able to perform

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heath posted:

game good. buttons execute commands. one command is "defend" that you are able to perform
woah man, spoilers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heath posted:

whoa man you are spoiling what the defend function does, i'm gonna have to politely ask you to leave the thread for now

If not I will seek call the Atluscops to seek legal action much like the bald man in this ga- gently caress

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This desperate spoiler lockdown is all anyone will ever talk about regarding Persona 5.

Good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Baal posted:

I care about Persona 2

I care

Thank you.

Honestly, at like 5 hours in, I've noticed that it feels a bit more like Persona 2 than 3 and 4 did. I think the setting, the color scheme, and the return of some mechanics like negotiation and guns are making me feel that way. The fact that you're just basically fighting SMT demons again, too; I enjoy kicking Pyro Jack's rear end, and making him be my friend at gunpoint also.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 is available for the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 systems in both physical and digital format. It took 4 years since being announced to be released despite supposedly being ready for release 3 years ago on PS3.

7.2/10

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Oh man the game's Wikipedia article is full of spoilers, Atlus will be MAD.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wizard on a water slide posted:

Thank you.

Honestly, at like 5 hours in, I've noticed that it feels a bit more like Persona 2 than 3 and 4 did. I think the setting, the color scheme, and the return of some mechanics like negotiation and guns are making me feel that way. The fact that you're just basically fighting SMT demons again, too; I enjoy kicking Pyro Jack's rear end, and making him be my friend at gunpoint also.

It's supposed to scratch that aesthetic but the guns and poo poo definitely show an influence from like P1 and SMT in general as well. It's a cool mix of styles that give the game a different kind of edge in a need way I feel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SettingSun posted:

and what are they going to do about the megami tensei wikia?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SettingSun posted:

The SMT wiki has every detail of the characters based on the Japanese version

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Got one shot by a level 16 monster using Double Fangs while single sitting the first dungeon. I'm not totally mad about it or anything. (I would be if I wasn't saving in every save room going along.) Seems like around level 9 or 10 is a soft cap here though? Nothing is really giving enough exp to realistically level up, so I might as well skip fights for now.

e: missed a word

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 4, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think everyone has had their turn to say this, but wow, Kamoshida is a real piece of poo poo huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JT Jag posted:

I think everyone has had their turn to say this, but wow, Kamoshida is a real piece of poo poo huh

He's the best antagonist in the game