Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You're not a bad parent for sleeping in the same bed as your child.

Unless it's like, 17 at the time.

I feel like you have the least chance of fatally crushing them then, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why is it a pain in the rear end to find movie times for the future? Like Colossal supposedly opens this week but I can't find anything about where so I imagine it's just NY and La. what about next week? Just let me know someone

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You're not a bad parent for sleeping in the same bed as your child.

Unless it's like, 17 at the time.

We can assume, based on what we know about Mongol exogamy, that Chinggis Khan slept with his parents until he got married, the big loving sissy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

FishBulb posted:

Why is it a pain in the rear end to find movie times for the future? Like Colossal supposedly opens this week but I can't find anything about where so I imagine it's just NY and La. what about next week? Just let me know someone

The site and app kind of suck but I usually check Fandango for this. And yeah, looks like it's just NY/LA

Edit: Expands wide the week after, list here

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Snak posted:

Unless you're high, have a sleeping disorder, or are extremely, extremely overweight (so that parts of you have poor or no feeling) you do not

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Snak posted:

Not minimizing the chances of incidents at all times does not a bad parent make.

DeimosRising posted:

We can assume, based on what we know about Mongol exogamy, that Chinggis Khan slept with his parents until he got married, the big loving sissy

What a goon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

FishBulb posted:

Because Google Showtimes was discontinued.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DeimosRising posted:

At least he probably had a good understanding of what sex was supposed to be like, though.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

morestuff posted:

The site and app kind of suck but I usually check Fandango for this. And yeah, looks like it's just NY/LA

Edit: Expands wide the week after, list here

Bah the day I leave SD and not in NM til the 28th.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Should I see Power Rangers today y/n

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No. God no.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anonymous Robot posted:

Should I see Power Rangers today y/n

Do you have anything else to do/is it cheap?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

If you want to see a new movie, don't especially care what it is, and there are no showings of Get Out or whatever in the sane period, sure

Its not a terrible movie and worth a matinee ticket as long as you're not missing out on a better movie to see it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/FBI/status/849321344592470018

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
It's $5 day, but I forgot that the theater next to my apartment is a "secondary" Patriot Cinema, which means that they have the selection of a second-run theater and none of the discounts.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
See Ghost in the Shell instead.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Snak posted:

I liked Power Rangers but this is still good advice.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

How many replies have they gotten that are just the letter to MLK

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

DeimosRising posted:

This is "widely known" in the US and also widely bullshit. With a few exceptions (heavy blankets, extremely overweight parents, people with drug problems, extremely long hair) it simply isn't true The Notre Dame Mother-Baby Behavior Sleep Laboratory run by James McKenna is the absolute authority on these kinds of issues. For the overwhelming majority of families this a cultural choice, not a safety choice.

It's absolutely a safety choice. The article says that bottlefeeding babies should never sleep in your bed, and breastfeeding babies can do so under very specific conditions (one of which being that you understand that, if you end up suffocating your baby, it wasn't SIDS. Okay...). It's an irrefutable fact that loose bedding and pillows can suffocate a newborn, so it's purely common sense that a scenario where bedding can shift around without you knowing it (i.e. when you're asleep) is less safe than a setting where that can't happen. Also the idea that only obese people are at risk of suffocating their baby is just stupid. A 130 pound woman is more than heavy enough to suffocate a 7 pound newborn.

This article reads like the kind of non-committal bullshit that doctors write so as to not offend anyone.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I regularly sleep on my arms and wake up with my hands being numb. It's not great.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Snak posted:

I'm doing that tonight, I saw Power Rangers last week.

I liked it, and I hope I at least like Ghost in the Shell too.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm having a theater issue as well. This one theater close to me offers food, an their pizza is really loving good. But I've seen what I've want, so

Like, I'd do see Power Rangers again for funsies, but given how fast the movie dropped numbers-wise, I'd rather not want to be the only dude in a theater watching a Power Rangers movie.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MisterBibs posted:

but given how fast the movie dropped numbers-wise, I'd rather not want to be the only dude in a theater watching a Power Rangers movie.

Who gives a poo poo? Go see what you want.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

RandallODim posted:

Check out this geniuz

https://twitter.com/EastCoastHer/status/849330110025138176

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RandallODim posted:

A bunch, or at least the "filthy, abnormal animal quote," and a bunch of gifs of celebrities and athletes giving exasperated facial expressions.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Snak posted:

I regularly sleep on my arms and wake up with my hands being numb. It's not great.

I don't know guy, waking up with a stranger sounds pretty great on weekends.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMnV_eL-D7w

my heart explodes with joy.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I would be very surprised if the FBI isn't wiretapping some of the most prominent BLM people.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Spatulater bro! posted:

Who gives a poo poo? Go see what you want.

Eh, it's like sitting at a table at a restaurant when you're all by yourself. Even if I drag my partner along, it's still kinda poo poo from a "this tip will absolutely not cover you having to deal with us" perspective.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spatula City posted:

I would be very surprised if the FBI isn't wiretapping some of the most prominent BLM people.

BLM is currently suing to find that out.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

if the FBI aren't investigating you then you aren't doing it right

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That online petition I signed fifteen years ago finally paid off!

This made me chuckle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpZ9xaQLYQ
Fixed link

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hang around with toddlers for a living. They're pretty dope.

DeimosRising posted:

So what you're saying is that there is a correlation between sleeping in the same bed as your kid and them conquering Asia?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow, everything I have ever loved and influenced me is coming back. Alien, Evil Dead, Predator...and now Zim. Honestly this makes me happier than I've been in a long, long time.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wouldn't it make you more happy to find new things you loved just as much

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/848982344111280130

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FishBulb posted:

Wouldn't it make you more happy to find new things you loved just as much

New things are good.

But my favorite things are the best.

Edit: half true. But I do love when people take things I love and do new things with it. Ash vs Evil Dead is astoundingly great, and Alien Covenant looks like the Alien film I've always wanted. One that isn't bogged down by canon and just goes nuts with everything.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 4, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hang around with toddlers for a living. They're pretty dope.

For the record I have nothing against kids, I just don't recommend having them.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

For the record I have nothing against kids, I just don't recommend having them.

get a load of Thomas Ligotti/Rust Cohle over here

this is just funny cause im rereading The Conspiracy Against the Human Race right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CelticPredator posted:

New things are good.

But my favorite things are the best.

At least your favorite things are a lot better than Julie Andrews' favorite things. Bright copper kettles? Get the gently caress outta here, lady.

• Locked thread