Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

but my hands and belt area smell when I wear it

Hey baby, wanna give my belt area a good sniff? ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Can I get cat if I pay extra?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

myDad posted:

No but you may be able to buy the chance of getting a cat. Probably not. Wait this isn't the Hearthstone thread... whatever it still sort of works.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

myDad posted:

You have to go to Alibaba proper to get that.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/WET-SALTED-PIG-SKINS_50031582041.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Buy-DRY-SALTED-DONKEY-HIDES-WET_50031026616.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/BEST-QUALITY-WET-SALTED-COW-HIDES_50031788281.html

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That sort of looks like my cat :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus that's not even cat skin, that's rabbit fur printed to look like cat skin?!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Most "leather" from Asian countries is actually made from cat skin. Hope I just ruined everyone's "leather" products.

Don't buy "leather" from AliExpress.

Are you actually this dumb

Most "leather" from Asian countries is actually some cheapo version of PVC.

Cat leather would be a big loving upgrade

A sad one though

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Blue Train posted:

That sort of looks like my cat :(

Don't worry, that one's rabbit made to look like cat

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jesus that's not even cat skin, that's rabbit fur printed to look like cat skin?!

I think they meant the tabby pattern but didn't know the name?

That's what I'm telling myself anyway

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rabbit dyed like tabby? Lame. Try sheep dyed like tiger!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Imi...2727052514.html

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you've spent any time in China you quickly lose empathy for the following animals:

-Cats
-Dogs
-Chickens

As basically anywhere that isn't the main area of a big city is over run with wandering herds of mangy animals eating the oil and scum covered trash out of gutters.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So they're going filling an important role in clearing debris and refuse off the streets? Makes me more sympathetic.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Jerry Cotton posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38302019 though.

e: tl;dr: "Fur is tragically so cheap. It can be produced for the same or less than the cost of fake fur."

In a thread about 10c shirts I overestimated how little someone is willing to be paid to skin a rabbit.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You gotta skin the rabbit before you eat it and the skin would just get thrown away otherwise sooooo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

For legal reasons, yes, rabbit. meow meow, rabbit.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
So I finally took the plunge because I had a pre-paid rebate card, with a partial balance, that was going to expire.

A tiny ASIMO for my desk at work (I have a Honda problem)

And a cheap Sadboys hoodie

I found (but did not buy) this necklace

I don't know who NAN is but I'm finding it awfully hard to not put my faith in him

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
So, 'coin' turns up some interesting things:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lookit that Maine Coone I wanna pet it

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Haha

Look at the term length quoted. Guess they aren't optimistic about the orange orang-utan.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Do they got one with true and legitimate President Vermin Supreme?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Do they got one with true and legitimate President Vermin Supreme?

How about a Big British Cock?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

spog posted:

How about a Big British Cock?

This is an oxymoron. I'm just kiddin' i don't know any better :)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

better stock up on your sex coins for when the dollar collapses; nations rise and fall, commodities fluctuate, but the gently caress index is rock solid

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i got this today

its a Jiangshi minifigure, which is a chinese zombie/vampire that i only know about from crappy 80s movie "The Jitters"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WM2...2763129087.html

I also got a couple lego vehicles (forklift, street sweeper, one of those road roller things ) made by Enlighten. enlighten's stuff is ok but some of the pieces dont always fit together well, and some of the designs are a bit structurally unsound. Lepin's stuff is better.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

better stock up on your sex coins for when the dollar collapses; nations rise and fall, commodities fluctuate, but the gently caress index is rock solid

They thought I was crazy for investing so heavily in barrels of lube.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

angerbeet posted:

Hey baby, wanna give my belt area a good sniff? ;-*

will your scent make bees sting me? this is important

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I know to avoid electronics, but what about small electrical accessories like connectors and shrink tubing? Any good stores?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I don't know who NAN is but I'm finding it awfully hard to not put my faith in him

Your nan is your grandmother. Trust your grandma is usually pretty good advice.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

best bale posted:

I know to avoid electronics, but what about small electrical accessories like connectors and shrink tubing? Any good stores?

I'm still waiting on it but my usb mini to usb c connectors I bought from Anker's own storefront. I've bought the same thing from amazon in the past and have no complaints with them.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Found this shirt while searching randomly. What on earth does the Norwegian coat of arms have to do with Chicago?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

My bootleg Star Wars stickers came! There were a few too many Darth Vader ones, but overall I liked the majority and they feel nice and high quality.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Multiple people bought AliExpress seeds, but yes, I was one of them. Some of them have sprouted, even! The rate of sprouting is not as good as Burpee, but let's be real, Burpee doesn't deliver 200 seeds to my door for seventeen cents.

Anyway, I'll let you know what they become! The ones that have come up were the first thing I got, tomatoes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pick posted:

Multiple people bought AliExpress seeds, but yes, I was one of them. Some of them have sprouted, even! The rate of sprouting is not as good as Burpee, but let's be real, Burpee doesn't deliver 200 seeds to my door for seventeen cents.

Anyway, I'll let you know what they become! The ones that have come up were the first thing I got, tomatoes.

rip

got me some bismuth crystals.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...2717386059.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/X13...2736647847.html

pins

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

myDad posted:

Don't worry, that one's rabbit made to look like cat

Nope, that's cat :(.

Don't buy Chinese fur, or fur generally really.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Okay, if I could legit grow a rainbow maple, I'd have six in my windowsill right now. As it is, I already gave college all of my money to dash my hopes and dreams.

also lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Last night a dumb watch that I was going to buy was supposed to be $8 and change after the sale kicked in at midnight, but instead this morning it was $239. :confused:

They were hoping people would do a "buy it all" on their cart as soon as the sale began without really looking.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

Nope, that's cat :(.

Don't buy Chinese fur, or fur generally really.

While I doubt all the chinese would have the same aversion to cat fur that we have, any large scale operation is far more likely to be rabbit or other non-carnivore. If you're actually farming the animals, hundreds of caged rabbits are simply much easier to feed and deal with than hundreds of caged cats. Rabbit poop is much less unpleasant than cat poop. Obligate carnivores make lousy livestock.

Small operators, sure. Some guy living on the edge skinning strays to make ends meet is plausible. Stray dogs and cats tend to have really low quality coats though. And uneven sizes. It's just not going to be practical to use that kind of fur to make uniform fur plates like those shown.

Scraps of low quality mystery fur are far more likely to turn up on things like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Creative-Designer-False-Mouse-Pet-Toys-10Pcs-lot-Dog-Cat-Toys-Cheap-Mini-Toys-For-Cats/32271328729.html

Sure, it says it is rabbit, but short of DNA tests no one will be able to tell. It could be rat fur for all anyone knows.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm a biologist and a lifelong fur collector and have been contacted by the port authority a few times for an ID, I can pretty well tell cat (try to read this in a voice where I'm being informational and not a jackass). You see a lot of dog, too. Sometimes it even shows up on eBay as "spotted fur".

It sounds weird to say that trapped fur is the most ethical, but seriously, trapped fur is probably the most ethical.

My cougar skin is actually from a tom that was shot by Idaho fish & game because he'd been in what was going to be a fatal altercation with another male (lost an eye, completely hosed up in the front), which is probably the most ethical fur you can get but good luck making a coat out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

keevo posted:

I mean if you're really trying to buy knockoff Off White/streetwear brands you should learn about Taobao.
Hmm how does this work. This looks more interesting. Ali express is a huge bust.