Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Still only pulled two actual 5base since the game was in beta, I pull when I have lapis and tickets available, not expanding slots enough so I run into trouble every single week, but at least I can finally make a 5x CoD gimmick team now, a character that I only got for the first time ever in January, followed quickly by another, and another, and another.

Pretty Cure Connecting-Puzzle is looking better every day.

e: burnt the rest of the lapis on pulling for Orlandeau, because any 5* is a great get for me, Arc Cinque Ovelia Vanille

:v:
I'll keep my Noct up and running and I'll just youtube the story bits for every update, gently caress the RNG I'm going through, gently caress losing out on "GET THIS OR HAVE A HARD TIME" 4base characters every single time, I can put the 30 minimum minutes of FFBE a day to significantly better, more productive and good use.

And finally, gently caress the luck all but 2-3 of you have. Those 2-3 of you have equal or worse luck than I. Pretty Cure puzzle game here I come

I only have 2 base 5* units and neither of them are noctis, but if you dont like the game and found one you do, then good luck and godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

MrLonghair posted:

Still only pulled two actual 5base since the game was in beta, I pull when I have lapis and tickets available, not expanding slots enough so I run into trouble every single week, but at least I can finally make a 5x CoD gimmick team now, a character that I only got for the first time ever in January, followed quickly by another, and another, and another.

Pretty Cure Connecting-Puzzle is looking better every day.

e: burnt the rest of the lapis on pulling for Orlandeau, because any 5* is a great get for me, Arc Cinque Ovelia Vanille

:v:
I'll keep my Noct up and running and I'll just youtube the story bits for every update, gently caress the RNG I'm going through, gently caress losing out on "GET THIS OR HAVE A HARD TIME" 4base characters every single time, I can put the 30 minimum minutes of FFBE a day to significantly better, more productive and good use.

And finally, gently caress the luck all but 2-3 of you have. Those 2-3 of you have equal or worse luck than I. Pretty Cure puzzle game here I come

sorry to hear wish your pulls had been better

how much money did you spend on the game?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Payback Jack please delete that insanity from the OP. Even during the soft launch it was pretty firmly stated that the easiest way to reroll on a phone was to use a dummy facebook account to log in/out. Does that no longer work?

Either way, if you're going to reroll to chase a 5* unit you should use nox/memu. There was a goon who rolled Orlandu on an account but wasn't planning to keep it so if they still have it you might be in luck.

Updated with the information from the wiki.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Sad to see you go. :(

Hope you enjoy PAD (I think that's what you're referring to?).

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

MrLonghair posted:

What is column F and why does it spell "gently caress YOU" as you go down it, but above it makes no sense?

And reason I should be interested in the First Strike materia?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

And reason I should be interested in the First Strike materia?

Get it. Useful for tanks when you have to run immunity/MP regen/resist accessories.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am conflicted. I stopped playing when Ariana Grande came out. It was a coincidence really - I thought it was fun as hell and didn't like being forced to see some dumb pop star every time I opened my dumb anime collecting button pusher but really I would have stopped them anyway. I decided to wait until Orlandau came out.

I saw that he is here a couple nights ago and after several app crashes and failed updates (what the hell happened) I got in and burned my 23 tickets. I got:

Soleil
Hayate
Faris
Rosalia
Lawrence
Luna
Xiao
Locke
Lawrence
Edgar
Shantotto
Fang
Lawrence
Ludmille
Bartz
Duane
Charlotte
Shara
Zidane
Hope
Vanille
LUNETH
Leon
Fran

So now I am conflicted. My team has been Elza (my only rainbow), CoD, Faris, Exdeath and Refia. They are all maxed but my items aren't anything special as I have not trust mastered anyone. I have two Zidanes I was working on but that was when I burned out. I have some other decent characters too.

I thought that if I got Orlandau that would drive me to play again but now I am wondering...do I come back for Luneth? Friends with Luneth kick rear end and I don't have any double attacks since my Zidanes will never be done so I think having him could be good but then there is the whole leveling him up aspect.

This is more of a rant if anything but if anyone has advice I am just wondering if you still enjoy the game, if Orlandau has broken the game enough to make him worth seeking out still (I don't really want to drop money since I don't even know if I would be playing) and whatnot. And is Luneth powerful enough to make having him somehow make the game better. The trust mastery thing was one of the biggest reasons I got bored so that isn't promising since I feel like I have dead ended with getting my animes stronger.

Another thing that seems nice is that they implemented the summoning rarity changes. I did seem to notice improvements with my 23 pulls. I didn't expect any rainbows.

Also how is Soleil? I have hundreds and hundreds of posts to catch up on since I left so I will get to them eventually but is she a keeper? Would she be replacing anyone on my team? And if I did play and use Luneth, should I replace Faris? I don't really see anyone else being expendable but the full break would be lost.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Luneth is bomb and, with enhancements confirmed, his came in batch #4 which gave him one of the hardest hitting ST attacks. Soleil becomes a decent niche buffer with enhancements (+120% stats or something) so it's worth keeping one if you don't have Ramza.

Btw, the Ariana event is coming back so...

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
How do enhancements work anyway? Is it like a King Mog event you buy them from or some item you fuse to your character or...?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

rio posted:

I thought that if I got Orlandau that would drive me to play again but now I am wondering...do I come back for Luneth? Friends with Luneth kick rear end and I don't have any double attacks since my Zidanes will never be done so I think having him could be good but then there is the whole leveling him up aspect.

As a long-time Luneth-haver, he is a goddamn beast. If I didn't get 2 Noctii from the last 2 banners, mine would still be my primary dude. If you get him kitted out with the right TMs, he can get his attack in the mid-900s. His status resistances are nothing to sneeze at either.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Luneth is bomb and, with enhancements confirmed, his came in batch #4 which gave him one of the hardest hitting ST attacks. Soleil becomes a decent niche buffer with enhancements (+120% stats or something) so it's worth keeping one if you don't have Ramza.

Btw, the Ariana event is coming back so...

Ahahahaha what the gently caress. Have other events come back? I only played since the Elza event but at least in that time I have not seen any repeats. I think I remember Lightning maybe being twice? What is their reason for this, did it really bring people to the game in any way that it made them money? I kind of assumed that anyone coming to the game for Ariana Grande would have to have generous parents to let their 13 year old buy in app purchases so I didn't think they made much off of it.

Fake edit: that's great, thank you both for the info. I will start working on him then. Elza being my only rainbow has been nice but I don't feel like she is really overpowered in the way I would like a rainbow to be. Of course I don't have double attack or anything cool for her (well, I kind of do since her scythe has double attack built in) but even then, her attack is just not that high.

rio fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 6, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

How do enhancements work anyway? Is it like a King Mog event you buy them from or some item you fuse to your character or...?

It's like awakening for abilities. You have to farm up mats and some of them (tier 4 mats) are turbo loving rare and was recently put on the JP King Mog shopping list for 100k a pop.

rio posted:

Ahahahaha what the gently caress. Have other events come back? I only played since the Elza event but at least in that time I have not seen any repeats. I think I remember Lightning maybe being twice? What is their reason for this, did it really bring people to the game in any way that it made them money? I kind of assumed that anyone coming to the game for Ariana Grande would have to have generous parents to let their 13 year old buy in app purchases so I didn't think they made much off of it.

I think only Lands of Plenty for GL but it looks super rare, even on JP. No idea why.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

should i 11 pull for orlandu? his banner is so bad and i've gotten three 5* characters (ramza, luneth, gilgamesh) in the past month anyway.

also now that the reality of having persona 5 has sunk in i realize that there's zero chance i get anything done in the mogcakes event unless someone tells me how to macro it in the 45 minutes a day i have to eat between work and anime game

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rio posted:

Fake edit: that's great, thank you both for the info. I will start working on him then. Elza being my only rainbow has been nice but I don't feel like she is really overpowered in the way I would like a rainbow to be. Of course I don't have double attack or anything cool for her (well, I kind of do since her scythe has double attack built in) but even then, her attack is just not that high.

Her break DOUBLES the damage of your guys. She's going to be relevant for a long rear end time probably.

rabidsquid posted:

should i 11 pull for orlandu? his banner is so bad and i've gotten three 5* characters (ramza, luneth, gilgamesh) in the past month anyway.

also now that the reality of having persona 5 has sunk in i realize that there's zero chance i get anything done in the mogcakes event unless someone tells me how to macro it in the 45 minutes a day i have to eat between work and anime game

I'd wait for his return on a player's choice banner if I were you. Seems like you have a sick team already. On the other hand, sometimes one pull doesn't hurt...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I have four Chizuru and four Agrias so I guess I technically have chainers for literally ever, plus a Bushido Freedom to toss on Luneth or Firion or whatever, so pulling is probably a tremendous waste. That's a good point.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

On the other hand, sometimes one pull doesn't hurt...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

cleared some room on my friends list

446,079,826 for sexy times

also what's everyone's total/consecutive login days at? mine is 272 for both

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Evil Fluffy posted:

Either way, if you're going to reroll to chase a 5* unit you should use nox/memu. There was a goon who rolled Orlandu on an account but wasn't planning to keep it so if they still have it you might be in luck.

Account taken, goonspeed.

Krynn fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

Krynn posted:

I never did post the account, but if Loving Life Partner or some other goon wants this, PM me or something. Besides Orlandeau it's really not that great though.

Orlandeau, Ludmille, Lawrence, Hayate, Guy, Rizer, Ovelia

Well, I messed up and linked to FB after not getting a 5*, so i'd take an Orlando

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
My total/consecutive login days are at 201/192. I played off and on around release, and then got Lightning during her first banner from about 3 tickets. Been playing every day since. :shepicide:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

266 total, but my consecutive streak was broken at 216... the day I got my new job. I'd say it was worth it.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Loving Life Partner posted:

Well, I messed up and linked to FB after not getting a 5*, so i'd take an Orlando

Since you don't have platinum can you join the Discord and send me a private message? I don't want to post the info here in the thread.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
281/281 here.

FAKE EDIT:

thunder

Thunder

THUNDERGOD, HOOOOOOOOOOO

Thundergod
Is on the move
Thundergod is loose
Feel the magic
Hear the roar
Thundercatsgod is loose

Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thundercatsgod

Your mileage may vary.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 6, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

nice any idea what the current max is?

it's funny because i'm pretty sure i didn't login at least one day but for some reason my streak is intact

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

281/281 here.

FAKE EDIT:

Thundergod
Is on the move
Thundergod is loose
Feel the magic
Hear the roar
Thundercatsgod is loose

Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thunder, thunder
Thunder, Thundergod
Thundercatsgod[/b]

Your mileage may vary.

The only thing that would have made this better is if you had gotten 2 TGCs

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cry Havoc posted:

cleared some room on my friends list

446,079,826 for sexy times

111/111

My greg still has about a month of TMRing till I get to the point where I can consider him 'good', with over 800 atk. Then another 2-3 months to have him or another physical attacker at BiS or near-BiS amounts of attack. 5-6 months to get to an elite tier character isn't too bad. Just wish that I had rerolled on the original Noctis banner when I started, instead of waiting till I got lucky on the PC banner with a Gilgamesh to have a good unit.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
147/311 for me and I started about a month after soft launch.

Also cleared up some friend list spots. 180,156,530 for a 900+ atk TGCid or if we get Ramza's enhancements a 7k+ hp 300+ def and 500+ spr Ramza.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
We are getting some daily bundles during the event.

The blank spot is supposed to be 1,000 eggs and 100 eggs gets you a pull on the event gacha. This might be worth it if you have Lapis to spare. You may also decide to spend 300 Lapis on this instead of a daily 1/2 pull if you are not sold on the new units. That said, all the datamined information on the new units points to this being a strong banner. Some are saying that Freyvia is already better than Orlandu...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, that makes sense, we can't have me being overpowered now, can we?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Xon's Twist of Fate is almost certainly going to break any boss/trial fight that relies on superbuffs for the enemy(s) unless Gumi actually makes certain buffs immune to Xon's skill.

Freyvia might end up being Olive: Spellblade edition. She gets a 1-hander boosting passive like Randi (and Olive) and I'm sure she'll be able to stack it with doublehand. Since her damage is hybrid she'll make full use of Power of Creation like Noctis does.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Freyvia sounds like a new Starbucks drink.

I'd like a venti caramel Freyvia with extra whip.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Freyvia's best in slot appears to be a crazy dual wield build rather than a Doublehand one. Needs her own TM, bunch of Letter and Arms, Rainbow Robe, etc...
But she remains a lot more fragile than Orlandeau even with all that stuff.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Freyvia's best in slot appears to be a crazy dual wield build rather than a Doublehand one. Needs her own TM, bunch of Letter and Arms, Rainbow Robe, etc...
But she remains a lot more fragile than Orlandeau even with all that stuff.

She pretty much looks like a glass chainsaw. Unless I get two of her, I'm likely to just give her TM to somebody else. Now Xon, that guy's got legs. And hands. Magic loving hands.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I think there is some hidden message in there Gumi.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Got a Xon on my daily pull today. Hopefully it turns out to be good.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

Some are saying that Freyvia is already better than Orlandu...

I can hear their evil laughter all the way from Japan :negative:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Oh god, just realized I've been sharing a garbage under leveled unequipped Nichol all week instead of Orlandeau :negative: did some party organizing last weekend and forgot to switch the companion party. I didn't mean to troll, honest. I guess that explains why all the pubbie friends requests stopped.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want a Xon. He looks neat.

Where should I harvest eggs from?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I have no idea, but just for perspective. A run of Timber Tracks Exploration just netted me ~3500 eggs. This was with Xon stealing basically every battle, but no Locke in party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I decided to impulse 11 pull because I wanted a Xon and I had the Lapis put aside

i got more than a Xon.

• Locked thread