Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Got Xon up to max level 4*, but I lack the Lucky Seedlings and Fury Seeds to awaken him. Bleh. I can't afford the energy to grind chamber of awakening pro while this event is going on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?

Yeah, me.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

In the month or so I've played I've only gotten a single rainbow, excluding Y'shtola who I got like 10 of throughout the course of the Ifrit event. Of course that single rainbow was Noctis, so he has been able to carry me quite well.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've been playing since launch and my only nat 5* is Dark Fina. And I didn't get a Zidane until the most recent Player's Choice banner. :shrug:

But I have pretty much every decent base 4*, so that's been enought to clear almost all of the content so far.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how much money have you spent in game though?

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Ugh, why is everyone's friend unit a Xon? I need overpowered orlandeaus to explode fina's psyche!

(Yeah, I know magic library is technically more energy efficient, but I'd prefer to keep my sanity intact.)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dockworker posted:

Ugh, why is everyone's friend unit a Xon? I need overpowered orlandeaus to explode fina's psyche!

(Yeah, I know magic library is technically more energy efficient, but I'd prefer to keep my sanity intact.)

I wanted lots of friend Xons. Now that I have my own Xon I want everyone to go back to their normal OP characters. I'm just selfish like that!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

I wanted lots of friend Xons. Now that I have my own Xon I want everyone to go back to their normal OP characters. I'm just selfish like that!

I want to be able to autobattle through the egg hunts, can't do that with Xon friends.

Still want a Xon, was trolled with a Chorizo this morning.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can put back Lil Miss Kaboom.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I can put back Lil Miss Kaboom.

Don't. We poors need friend Xons and my list had like 3

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok I put it back. And the next time someone asks me change it I'm putting up my freshly pulled 3 star level 1 Bedile with the Excalipoor equipped.

Gonna show that stupid Fryevia how a real hybrid damage unit rolls.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 7, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dockworker posted:

Xon has a 100% Stun and both D Fina and EV are susceptible to it. Just spam Xon's Stun and grope them to death.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I am up for Xon friends because all I do is tell him to do his AoE steal, double tap auto, then mash repeat (because I've been doing dungeons because gently caress exploration grinding)

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Finished TM grinding my last shine this morning. Anyone who doesn't already have me on their friends list, feel free to send me an invite. I got 9 spots open now, and can make more.

(And I still need to get the Genji blade for him...)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

every single one of you responding to the "doesnt anyone in this thread still have bad pulls" comment with the "i've only been playing a month and i only have one insanely good base 5*" is a jackass just so you know :v:

edit: Dana why is Monster Breastplate better than Brave Suit for Olive? Is it because she has a really high percent attack modifier or something so flat +attack is better than the percent one?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

edit: Dana why is Monster Breastplate better than Brave Suit for Olive? Is it because she has a really high percent attack modifier or something so flat +attack is better than the percent one?

Because of all the Doublehand shenanigans. With DH, Sparky, and her passive DH+, she gets a 2.75x modifier on any +ATK from gear (which doesn't apply to+ATK%).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rocketpriest posted:

I'm beginning to get all :tinfoil: about the trust moogle rates from the event banner - they seem to be inverse to the rate of getting the character they're for. I've gotten 2 for Aiden, 5 for Xon, and 11 for Freyvia. Come on moogles, I just want one copy of that auto-refresh robe for Refia

edit for positivity: gently caress YEAH BURST POTS! Olive's gotten 3 limit burst levels so far from the event.

The most moogles I've gotten have been for Xon, the only banner unit I don't have. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
What is the best way of handling keeping Xon's MP up while exploration grinding eggs? I don't want to keep dumping ethers down him...Debating whether it is worth the time to get the materials for Osmose Blade.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

What is the best way of handling keeping Xon's MP up while exploration grinding eggs? I don't want to keep dumping ethers down him...Debating whether it is worth the time to get the materials for Osmose Blade.

Gold Armlet, +MP% materia, Ramuh, MP pots.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Noctis' Cover is a weak MP regen too but I'm not sure if it'll really speed anything up if you have to wait in battle to get the most out of it.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Evil Fluffy posted:

The most moogles I've gotten have been for Xon, the only banner unit I don't have. :(

Can confirm: I have all 3 banner units, and i've been getting more Burst Pots & Cactowers than I have trust moogles.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Because of all the Doublehand shenanigans. With DH, Sparky, and her passive DH+, she gets a 2.75x modifier on any +ATK from gear (which doesn't apply to+ATK%).

THis thing here, since Doublehand doesn't apply to Brave Suit's modifier, she gets a whopping 5 more attack points from Monster Breastplate. WOOO. (but lets you use the Brave Suit on someone else, so)

e: I know I shouldn't complain about bad luck, I have good 5*s. Lightning from first Lightning banner, Ramza from first Ramza banner, Noctis from his first banner, Ace from the free 11-pull, and a second Ramza while chasing Orlandu (that hurt me so much). But I have SEVERELY poor luck at getting time-limited units. No Ling, no Santa Roselia, no Tilith... Also comparitively, I have very, very few 5* for the amount of time/money I've put into the game. 265 consecutive days, around 250 bucks spent. I'm really fighting the urge to drop another 50 to try and get Xon from an 11-pull and buff up my item/equipment slot space.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 7, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have far better base 5* luck than 4*. 3x Lightning, TGC, Noctis, Emperor, Dark Fina, Olive, Dracwell, and Queen (lol). I've "only" bought the 2 $50 holiday bundles, but I'm still sitting at 10k Lapis, so it's not like I've blown it all on pulls. I've done 1 Lapis 11-pull (plus the free one) since maybe October. It's all 1/2 price pulls and tickets, I've really only used Lapis for refreshes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So what's the best non-exploration map to run for eggs, the 2 wave double boss fight in the library for 4k or so per run? I'll probably try to use the fire shrine grind macro now and then but it's not always feasible since the game still crashes a bit in Nox.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Gold Armlet, +MP% materia, Ramuh, MP pots.

Tents are cheap, too.

Dana Crysalis posted:

THis thing here, since Doublehand doesn't apply to Brave Suit's modifier, she gets a whopping 5 more attack points from Monster Breastplate. WOOO. (but lets you use the Brave Suit on someone else, so)

e: I know I shouldn't complain about bad luck, I have good 5*s. Lightning from first Lightning banner, Ramza from first Ramza banner, Noctis from his first banner, Ace from the free 11-pull, and a second Ramza while chasing Orlandu (that hurt me so much). But I have SEVERELY poor luck at getting time-limited units. No Ling, no Santa Roselia, no Tilith... Also comparitively, I have very, very few 5* for the amount of time/money I've put into the game. 265 consecutive days, around 250 bucks spent. I'm really fighting the urge to drop another 50 to try and get Xon from an 11-pull and buff up my item/equipment slot space.

As someone who pulled Santa Roselia: you aren't missing anything. Maybe she'll get enhancements (in December unless they do a Christmas in July event) but until then she's not useful at all anymore. Maybe if she had full raise... or any raise.

On the topic of Olive chat: The next FF3 event should include Desch, a 4* base unit whose TM is +45atk and Olive would make wonderful use of two of those. It'd be like having a 3rd bracer (but without all the hp you get from bracers).

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Rocketpriest posted:

I'm beginning to get all :tinfoil: about the trust moogle rates from the event banner - they seem to be inverse to the rate of getting the character they're for. I've gotten 2 for Aiden, 5 for Xon, and 11 for Freyvia. Come on moogles, I just want one copy of that auto-refresh robe for Refia

My count is at 5 Aiden moogles, 14 Xon moogles, 23 Fryevia moogles.

This is where I'd put my 115% TM Fryevia

IF I HAD ONE

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

jetz0r posted:

My count is at 5 Aiden moogles, 14 Xon moogles, 23 Fryevia moogles.

This is where I'd put my 115% TM Fryevia

IF I HAD ONE

I'd love to take those Freyvia moogles off your hands for you. :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

during the players choice banner i feel like i got a disproportionate amount of base 5* unit moogles. i mean i got two moogles for my luneth and i doubt i did much more than 45 pulls on the banner. i sold all the other base 5* tm moogles, i am sure if i ever pull that delita i will miss out on the 10%. he says sarcastically, also having definitely sold two sparky trust moogles.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm amazed just how assholeish this game's RNG continues to be. Every time I think about spending money I just think about that time when somebody: Pulled enough 3* moogles to get the TMR of a rare character / spend four digits to get a banner character / can't pull a single bonus character for a king mog event / don't get any bonus encounters for a king mog event / that time I went months without a 4* base.

Also 265 / 266 days for me, I didn't even know the records existed until people started posting their times. (Menu -> Trophies -> Records for the curious)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

318 total login days and 262 consecutive. I can't recall ever having missed a login day though. :confused:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I noticed digital circuits and wizard stones still don't have any use whatsoever. Maybe someone should remind Gumi those things exist. Also, jesus christ, make a whistle ability already.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what's the best non-exploration map to run for eggs, the 2 wave double boss fight in the library for 4k or so per run? I'll probably try to use the fire shrine grind macro now and then but it's not always feasible since the game still crashes a bit in Nox.

The last map of snow plains gives about as many eggs as fina's psyche for only 6 energy!

The four bear boss is what does it.

It's also much easier, so as long as you have decent aoe you can get away with crummy friend units + a couple of carry units if you want a bit of XP.

Dockworker fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 8, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd love to take those Freyvia moogles off your hands for you. :(

I have 11 I'd gladly give you.

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I put it back. And the next time someone asks me change it I'm putting up my freshly pulled 3 star level 1 Bedile with the Excalipoor equipped.

Gonna show that stupid Fryevia how a real hybrid damage unit rolls.

gently caress her and gently caress Bedile, the Prince of Hybrids Noodles still reigns supreme.

(3 spots open as of this post)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 8, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is there any reason not to do the 1/2 daily?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Is there any reason not to do the 1/2 daily?

No, the current banner has three characters with good TMs, two good characters to use in battle, and the 4* has great stealing abilities that surpass any other character in the game and a potentially game breaking ability that steals buffs from enemies.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mischalaniouse posted:

No, the current banner has three characters with good TMs, two good characters to use in battle, and the 4* has great stealing abilities that surpass any other character in the game and a potentially game breaking ability that steals buffs from enemies.

I hope they leave that steal thjng in since it's just a niftier dispel anyway.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If you're macro TMR grinding with lapis you might want to save lapis for energy refreshes over rolling the die for your next 5% towards Thundaga Blade, or saving lapis for big pulls on a better banner because we've had some stinkers in the past. Generally doing the half pull every day is good, you can still get great characters off banner. I got my Noctis on the Dark Fina banner and I got the better character out of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dockworker posted:

The last map of snow plains gives about as many eggs as fina's psyche for only 6 energy!

The four bear boss is what does it.

It's also much easier, so as long as you have decent aoe you can get away with crummy friend units + a couple of carry units if you want a bit of XP.

This is what I'm doing, I can auto attack through it. Set and forget. 2000-3000 metal eggs.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This is what I'm doing, I can auto attack through it. Set and forget. 2000-3000 metal eggs.

If you can bring a Xon and repeat Waylay every fight, you'll get an extra 1k eggs per a run.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The crafting aspect of this event is terrible. At the very least, the first tier of crafted stuff should've just been something you trade for at one of the NPCs instead of having to go through the crafting menu a few dozen times.

I like the banner-specific moogles being a rare pull for eggs though. At this rate I'll have a TM from Aiden and Freyvia within the next day or so and a 2nd vestment before the event ends. Maybe a 3rd if the RNG is exceptionally kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, a "rare pull." I have enough of the moogles to have Fryveia at 85%, but I am missing an actual Fryveia. I'm sure as soon as I sell them I'll pull her too.

• Locked thread