Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Thats in there but you need to input MK1's Johnny fatality input during the cutscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

While I'm at it, can I just mention how every hero going "Haaaaa!" or "Rrrrraawwwwrrr!" before their super is kind of dumb?
When did that poo poo start happening in NRS games? MK vs DCU? At least Catwoman goes "Meeeeowwrrr!"

Lol they have been grunting since MK1

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I mean before doing their cinematic supers.

Pretty sure it started because of MKvDCU fatalities heroic brutalities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHORoxXq3E&t=3s

RRAAAAWWWRRRRRRRRAAAGHH

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

That was the worst.

I want something to go back to the game freezes character says a voice line while game loads up the scene times of PS2 licensed anime games

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That was the worst.

I want something to go back to the game freezes character says a voice line while game loads up the scene times of PS2 licensed anime games

We already have those, they're called Clashes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm probably outing myself as a giant nerd among nerds here, but did Flash's blue costume instantly remind anyone of the 90s series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBUubnyeDo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

McSpanky posted:

I'm probably outing myself as a giant nerd among nerds here, but did Flash's blue costume instantly remind anyone of the 90s series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBUubnyeDo

The long silent pause before he walked in front of the camera made me laugh my rear end off. I've never heard of this show, I'll have to peep it at some point.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm actually reading the comics and man it's pretty good

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nightwing :lol:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

The long silent pause before he walked in front of the camera made me laugh my rear end off. I've never heard of this show, I'll have to peep it at some point.

They just re-released it since the guy who played the Flash on that show is the Flash's dad on the new CW series, I think it's on Netflix as well. It's super dated but it still has a goofy charm, and check out Mark Hamill in the role that really defined his career!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Nightwing :lol:

That coulda been handled better.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

You thought that The Flash going "Rrrrrrrrrrrrahhh!" Then running around the world and across water to land a speedster uppercut was terrible? It was mediocre at worst.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It was a terrible version of a much better scene.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I'll concede that it would have been an awesome loving super if they had cribbed from that scene a lot more because that ruled.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

to be fair, compared to the Flash's new super move, everyone else's is bad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
reading the comics, batman brooding over dead parademons is pretty ridiculous, are they even living? I thought they were clone/machines

how was batman going to deal with all of them, lock them up in space arkham?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yardbomb posted:

Kotal and his guys were really the biggest missed opportunity of MKX, he had some of the neatest people in the roster on his side and they were mostly new characters too, Erron Black's cool, Ferra/Torr are cool, D'vorah is alright, Ermac's cool, Reptile is as ever doofy but good.

The MKX comic prequel wasn't the best thing, but it did build up Kotal Kahn as this supreme badass antihero with a tragic edge that the game never truly jibed with. Though I did like how some of the endings flipped the script and made it seem like Kotal would become the new protagonist by having him defend Outworld against an invading Raiden via Mortal Kombat.

McSpanky posted:

They just re-released it since the guy who played the Flash on that show is the Flash's dad on the new CW series, I think it's on Netflix as well. It's super dated but it still has a goofy charm, and check out Mark Hamill in the role that really defined his career!

Hamill even reprised the role in Justice League Unlimited, giving us one of the show's best scenes.

"Hey, after you finish your drink, turn yourself in."

"Got me again, Flash!"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Gavok posted:

The MKX comic prequel wasn't the best thing, but it did build up Kotal Kahn as this supreme badass antihero with a tragic edge that the game never truly jibed with. Though I did like how some of the endings flipped the script and made it seem like Kotal would become the new protagonist by having him defend Outworld against an invading Raiden via Mortal Kombat.

Hamill even reprised the role in Justice League Unlimited, giving us one of the show's best scenes.

"Got me again, Flash!"

He also plays the OG Trickster in the new live action Flash

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 10, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kurtofan posted:

reading the comics, batman brooding over dead parademons is pretty ridiculous, are they even living? I thought they were clone/machines

They are living. Converted citizens of Apokalips. Hard to say whether they're willing or not. Even the thought of going against Darkseid is....the best word is 'heresy'. To us, it's monstrous. For them, it's an honour and privilege/ Other things have gone into the mindset.

One of the better ones was where Darkseid was finally defeated, the people were given freedom....they immediately voted in Orion(Darseid's son) and were vehemently against any change at all.

quote:

Ya I'll concede that it would have been an awesome loving super if they had cribbed from that scene a lot more because that ruled.

Familiarity breeds contempt. They followed the scene to the letter. You're only seeing it as mediocre because you've seen it too often, and it seems regular.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 10, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bloodly posted:

They are living. Converted citizens of Apokalips. Hard to say whether they're willing or not. Even the thought of going against Darkseid is....the best word is 'heresy'. To us, it's monstrous. For them, it's an honour and privilege/ Other things have gone into the mindset.

One of the better ones was where Darkseid was finally defeated, the people were given freedom....they immediately voted in Orion(Darseid's son) and were vehemently against any change at all.

Take this scene from the Super Man animated series after Darkseid hit himself with his own beams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phWcmwlpjQo

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/851426592597446657

EDIT:

The comic prequel begins tomorrow, here's a small preview and an interview with the artist

http://www.comicsbeat.com/interview-bruno-redondo-talks-about-injustice-2s-new-look/

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 10, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Watchtower this Wednesday is teasing Firestorm and Scarecrow, both of which I'm extremely down for. With Grodd included, should be a really fun stream.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Watchtower this Wednesday is teasing Firestorm and Scarecrow, both of which I'm extremely down for. With Grodd included, should be a really fun stream.

Well 2/3 ain't bad!

gently caress firestorm might be the most op of the launch lineup for all I care but he's still ya know, Firestorm :shrug:.

Hype for Grodd though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Well 2/3 ain't bad!

gently caress firestorm might be the most op of the launch lineup for all I care but he's still ya know, Firestorm :shrug:.

Hype for Grodd though.

firestorm would have been cooler if his costume didn't look like he dug it out of a dumpster and had actual nuclear moves. should have saved the generic "hey look I'm Cinder" moveset for Starfire. That said, with Captain Cold and Dr. Fate looking like exciting zoner and trap guys, I'm curious what Firestorm's niche will be if he is indeed a dude who throws projectiles all over.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

firestorm would have been cooler if his costume didn't look like he dug it out of a dumpster and had actual nuclear moves. should have saved the generic "hey look I'm Cinder" moveset for Starfire. That said, with Captain Cold and Dr. Fate looking like exciting zoner and trap guys, I'm curious what Firestorm's niche will be if he is indeed a dude who throws projectiles all over.

Well going by what little time he's had on screen, those fireballs are really fast.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Firestorm will end up being the new Jacqui, excessive zoning people get angry about and gets you more racial slurs than usual.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DKsHGr58sQ

Gear trailer; around 2:10 into the video there's a shader on the menu for Captain Cold that is blatantly a Mr. Freeze premier skin.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MinibarMatchman posted:

Gear trailer; around 2:10 into the video there's a shader on the menu for Captain Cold that is blatantly a Mr. Freeze premier skin.

Cool

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So that confirms basically the leaked premium skin list, which effectively in turn confirms Starfire and Red Hood.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Freeze skin was in the original true leak, I dont think that other one is true even if Starfire and Red Hood make it as DLC

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it sounds stupid but i'm really excited to see all the shaders, they seem to have really goofy names

super fashion show

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

it sounds stupid but i'm really excited to see all the shaders, they seem to have really goofy name

Nothing stupid about it, character customization owns in any game.

Just hope I can get my Purple/Gold so I can Saints up all my characters :hellyeah:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Nothing stupid about it, character customization owns in any game.

Just hope I can get my Purple/Gold so I can Saints up all my characters :hellyeah:

In the big stream last week or so Doctor Fate definitely had a purple bodysuit alt :whatup:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Catwoman's little hood thing looked p cool i am excited for this game about punching

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Mr. Freeze skin was in the original true leak, I dont think that other one is true even if Starfire and Red Hood make it as DLC

I hope it's not because using 3 DLC slots for Gun Hood, Starfirestorm, and Vixen would be the most boring poo poo in existence

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

They should introduce Immortal Man as that character you sometimes see in fighting games who uses a random power set each round, and his prefight dialogue is him taking out a pistol and blowing his own loving brains out

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm kind of worried that the gear is going to be tied to micro transactions and random, Overwatch style loot boxes. I see that we can earn some from winning matches but who knows from there

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I hope it's not because using 3 DLC slots for Gun Hood, Starfirestorm, and Vixen would be the most boring poo poo in existence

Vixen owns actually

Could someone repost the leak list? I'm rushed and csn't dig through the thread.

I think Mortal Kombat X had ftp dlc that wasn't announced until it launched. It's kind of uncomfortable how they havn't said if the loot system is going to be like.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They said very early on that you get a random piece of loot for your dude after every match based on your dude's level i.e. play a dude more to get more and better stuff. I sincerely doubt it'll be purchase based beyond the usual 'buy the new skins!' being 'buy the new gear set!'

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

microtransactions boil down to little thing like shaders. they've said that nothing that affects gameplay will be pay to win at all (as if serious players would actually play in a non-ranking mode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

"Got me again, Flash!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dQBLAWslLk&t=217s

I miss Wally West (even though the JLU version was just reskinned Peter Parker at times)

• Locked thread