Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

That screen felt grief.

Refresh my memory, was that at Games com, Citizencon, or the anniversary?

It was 2016 the holiday livestream event that was so bad even the cymelions gremlichs and weshas had bloody diarrhea for at least a week after and cig tried to scrub the stream and everything

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iphf2/holiday_live_stream_megathread/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ivgfm/the_holiday_livestream_video_was_removed_from_the/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Gonna say we should archive the old forums for posterity and perhaps evidence. There may be something afoot. :pipe:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ah yes Cymelion. The time Ben defended a concierge backer sending dick pictures to female posters by banning the women and the goons who complained.

Epic slap down from RSI on goons on that one.

"CIG Backers, pro-sexual harassment if it means being Anti-Critic since 2012"

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 9, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

It was 2016 the holiday livestream event that was so bad even the cymelions gremlichs and weshas had bloody diarrhea for at least a week after and cig tried to scrub the stream and everything

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iphf2/holiday_live_stream_megathread/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5ivgfm/the_holiday_livestream_video_was_removed_from_the/

Don't forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UpYsOwlGY

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Space Crabs posted:

Superior Version:
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KGfPoSS6qvf_19n6b-S

Old Thread Link:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&pagenumber=3610&perpage=40#post459370379

That guy was a transporter accident between a 90 year old computer illiterate grandma and a really unfunny comedy writer.

He couldn't understand sarcasm in text form so he would go apeshit on people for sarcastically posting about buying ships and take it completely seriously thinking we were hypocrites for making fun of the game while continuing to fund it.

Also he refused to get a proofreader despite his hundreds of blog posts being poo poo like "Batman, kicked rear end, and then went on a rampage: Who knows what he do next?!"

He also spent all the presidential election cycle railing against Shillary for being a loving untrustworthy bitch who took what rightfully belonged to Bernie. He just kept posting and posting about why true progressives should not vote for her because she's a crooked politician and then. well, then Trump won. And he was like "holy poo poo! trump won".... and then promptly deleted his twitter account so that people don't find out he spend weeks upon weeks rabidly encouraging people not to vote for Hillary.

I love Brendan. I truly do.

:sad:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

trucutru posted:

He also spent all the presidential election cycle railing against Shillary for being a loving untrustworthy bitch who took what rightfully belonged to Bernie. He just kept posting and posting about why true progressives should not vote for her because she's a crooked politician and then. well, then Trump won. And he was like "holy poo poo! trump won".... and then promptly deleted his twitter account so that people don't find out he spend weeks upon weeks rabidly encouraging people not to vote for Hillary.

I love Brendan. I truly do.

:sad:

He quit Twitter? I didn't know that. I had to put him on ignore during the election because he was constantly making GBS threads up my feed with his inane, poorly worded tweets.

Godspeed Brant.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Natron posted:

He quit Twitter? I didn't know that. I had to put him on ignore during the election because he was constantly making GBS threads up my feed with his inane, poorly worded tweets.

Godspeed Brant.

Of loving course he did. It wouldn't be Brendan if he didn't pack his poo poo to go home at the first sign of trouble
https://twitter.com/fearnogod

He'll just latch into some new thing and go post in a friendly community to try to get validation as a good, smart, considerate person.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And then he'll get comfortable enough, start writing about it, and people will call him a moron. And the cycle will repeat.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

BeigeJacket posted:

Let's pretend they get this procedural planets feature done (bear with me here please), would there be anything, anything at all for the players to do once they're waddling around on these rocks?

If I'm reading the thread correctly then numbers of players on a server will be very small. So what do you do exactly? Have CGI been said if they'll put monsters to zap on the planets?

In reality it would, at best, be like a Mako mission from Mass Effect 1 with a small procgen base full of enemies and a few hostile critters wandering around. Maybe some resources sites/sites of interest.*

To your average backer, each world would be a fully realized fictional planet with its own lore and political turmoil with millions of NPCs and enough content that you could basically touch down and play the equivalent of a bioware RPG's worth of combat and plot.

*Assuming Chris Roberts hopped into a TARDIS, travelled back in time, stopped himself from choosing cryengine, and forbade himself from touching mocap before putting someone else in charge of the project.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Does anyone have a list of all the features that are supposed to be in 3.0, preferably one made by CIG? It will be amusing to compare and contrast it with 3.0's actual patch notes if 3.0 ever comes out

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lack of Gravitas posted:

eh, it didn't take that much time to go through the setup of the bot and i just let it run and do its thing in the background, and since the updates are automatic now it's so zero-effort i forget i have it running :shrug:

I also set up a bot. I just gave it CIG grade subsumption AI and it basically went crazy trying to find dinner. It's currently off in r/CafeteriaFood trying to find an empty seat.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
3.0 drops with no new game play features included. Shitizen claim that just because CIG claimed some features would make it into the 3.0 release doesn't mean they would be in the INITIAL 3.0 release

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
3.0 drops suddenly with an entirely new engine and contains procgen planets, flora and fauna, but not much else. the engine was developed completely in-house and not at all stolen by that engineer they poached from Hello games.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Just want to confirm this posters friend really does work for the NSA because his office is next to mine. And we totally really do just dedicate time to search video game posts on their forum.

It's ok, friend. I got your back for all your friends in government agencies who do wacky stuff like this! :hfive:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

CIG gives out the 3.0 schedule just in time for the next sale. After the sale is over they claim 3.0 has run into some blockers, and in the meantime, they will continue releasing patches for the 2.x branch.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Foo Diddley posted:

Does anyone have a list of all the features that are supposed to be in 3.0, preferably one made by CIG? It will be amusing to compare and contrast it with 3.0's actual patch notes if 3.0 ever comes out
I think this is pared down from earlier 2016 hand-waving but it has a 3.0 section:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

It's actually quite doable. For example, "Bounty Hunter – Accept missions to terminate wanted players and NPCs." Sounds ambitious at first. Easy to think that would mean ambulatory NPCs populating stations and flying ships around doing the same things players do, but all CIG has to do is give players a mission to shoot an existing static shopkeeper clone in the face.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cymelion is the sort of ostrich that buries his head in the toilet and calls it sand

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I also set up a bot. I just gave it CIG grade subsumption AI and it basically went crazy trying to find dinner. It's currently off in r/CafeteriaFood trying to find an empty seat.

I set up my CIG grade subsumption AI Bot to earn me some Star Citizen Space Bucks in the PU.

After I returned home from being away for a few days thinking I would be space rich, I found it in the Hangar module, sitting in the pilot seat of my Cutlass Internet Space ship with the hangar all closed up and a hose pipe running form the exhaust in though the window. Poor thing was trying to end it's life. It did not realize that although Chris had talk AND waved his hands about modeling the oxygen in the blood stream, it had yet to be switched from 0 to 1 due to the asphyxiation mo-cap no yet being done.

When I asked it why, it said "This game is poo poo, it is super boring, I can't go on doing this crap gameplay loop, no one else is ever at the space station except some guy who wants to know if I want lesions on how to be a rockstar pick up artist. I have this drive to find a nice cafeteria and find an empty seat but after looking around the whole small section of one solar systems*, all I could find was a lovely pirate bar. Please kill me"

Needless to say, I told it to cheer up, 3.0 will be here real soon!

In the meantime I've told it to get back into farming me some space buck so I can by some new pants.

.... I did not know bots could cry?

*while going to the RobertsSpaceSite to try to get the 'sixteen quadrealion cubed' bullshit, I could not find it - but every other thing I read was a deceptive statement, my pick was "100% crowd funded" - So Botcha (sorry bad spelling) and others never help and CIG or RSI or any of another 14 companies don't have any other loans or tax schemes ect. It's 100% crowd funded.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The only "cheat-proofing" Star Citizen will ever have is to hope that the game is so convoluted that botters and hackers don't even bother.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is Star Citizen the stupidest thing that has ever happened?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Space Crabs posted:

At the very least it's slightly smarter than buying Star Citizen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

maybe defending star citizen in 2017?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

:laffo: comparing spectrum to steam in terms of how revolutionary it is.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

One has to admit this whole fiasco is fairly revolutionary.

I mean, really, we are about to get female characters and a delta patcher. Mind blown.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Oh fat joke when I'm down!

Sorry, I thought that was supposed to be a sexist compliment. Erm....

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

One has to admit this whole fiasco is fairly revolutionary.

I mean, really, we are about to get female characters and a delta patcher. Mind blown.

I'm not so sure. No one has been able to make female computer characters in computer games yet, the closes was the crossdresser, Larry Croft, but even then if you look you can see the Adam's apple still. It will be hard but I wish them luck - if anyone can motion capture how a female moves it would be the husband/wife, director/actress comb of the Roberts's.

Also it's not a delta patcher, it's a pre-alpha patcher.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Of loving course he did. It wouldn't be Brendan if he didn't pack his poo poo to go home at the first sign of trouble
https://twitter.com/fearnogod

He'll just latch into some new thing and go post in a friendly community to try to get validation as a good, smart, considerate person.

I sort of felt sorry for him because he apparently had a tough childhood. He's got a lot of baggage he's carrying with him through life that seems to be heavily affecting him well into adulthood. I hope he finds peace some day.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Kosumo posted:

I'm not so sure. No one has been able to make female computer characters in computer games yet, the closes was the crossdresser, Larry Croft, but even then if you look you can see the Adam's apple still. It will be hard but I wish them luck - if anyone can motion capture how a female moves it would be the husband/wife, director/actress comb of the Roberts's.

Also it's not a delta patcher, it's a pre-alpha patcher.

My apologies. I was caught up with the 9:1 NPC ratio which amounts to 16 million in-verse characters with deep subsumption algorithms. Combined with 100 sextillion Km of space to explore it is obvious I missed the minute details.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
wine, weed and star citizen

Sunday Funday

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and anime

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Sunday Funday

Always knew you were Roberts with the leaks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

The only "cheat-proofing" Star Citizen will ever have is to hope that the game is so convoluted that botters and hackers don't even bother.

When DLC is being sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars, you can bet your rear end within 5 minutes of "in game money that can buy ships" goes live, there will be 10,000 players logging in from China and tons of exploits going live, and the glorious Chris Roberts economy they spent 14 minutes figuring out goes immediately into the toilet.

CIGs response will be: If you notice somebody not responding who's doing a task, write down their name and email it to us.

Because you know they will have 0 safeguards, 0 validation, and 0 cheat and exploit protection and detection capabilities. They're basically struggling to get a thing to work without thinking of the future. If there even is a future where this happens. The ship sales for real money may be here to stay. Your game progression is as good as your real life job allows.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TheAgent posted:

Sunday Funday

gently caress you, it's Monday.:argh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

and anime

Any recommendations? Bonus points if it involves tickling.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

When DLC is being sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars, you can bet your rear end within 5 minutes of "in game money that can buy ships" goes live, there will be 10,000 players logging in from China and tons of exploits going live, and the glorious Chris Roberts economy they spent 14 minutes figuring out goes immediately into the toilet.

CIGs response will be: If you notice somebody not responding who's doing a task, write down their name and email it to us.

Because you know they will have 0 safeguards, 0 validation, and 0 cheat and exploit protection and detection capabilities. They're basically struggling to get a thing to work without thinking of the future. If there even is a future where this happens. The ship sales for real money may be here to stay. Your game progression is as good as your real life job allows.

With the prices the ships are surely to command, they'll have gold farmers from Luxembourg.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Any recommendations? Bonus points if it involves tickling.
the one where the guys look like girls and everyone has huge fuckin eyes

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

With the prices the ships are surely to command, they'll have gold farmers from Luxembourg.
maybe steve bannon will get in on a credit farming scheme for star citizen too

I still can't believe that dude invested like $60m into IGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

the one where the guys look like girls and everyone has huge fuckin eyes

guys? In my anime? gently caress that!

e: I'm also re-reading the branson meltdown and it is still hilarious.

quote:

And to those wondering why I care so much well that's simple because SC COULD loving RUIN GAMING.

Ahahahaha.