Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

holy poo poo please name your kid Conan

Goons telling you to so something should be a huge red flag not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The ink soaks into the toothy paper of the birth certificate. P. Nurtis Conan Jr the Third.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Pnurtis Bort Sephiroph Holmes

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

nicknames are fuckin dangerous is what im saying. also small towns are toxic & preteens are jerks. hi sorry i kinda got carried away.

i started calling a short kid Stilts in junior high (cause he obviously wanted to be taller, so he should get some stilts) and by the time we graduated that was his name to everybody. even the teachers called him Stilts. i kind of felt bad about that one, but i think on the whole you did Dick King a favor

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
E: meh, I'm milking this bit too much

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 10, 2017

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Blue Train posted:

Goons telling you to so something should be a huge red flag not to

Shut up don't loving ruin this

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I [26F] am wondering if my BF [28M] might be gay with his best friend [29M]

quote:

I feel stupid typing this but I'm starting to wonder if my BF of 6 months is in a relationship with his best friend.
Things that I've noticed:
1) They go to the same gym and have a "couples" gym membership. My BF told it was because it's cheaper to do that than get individual memberships.
2) They do "meal prep" which is really just them cooking together
3) My BF's best friend currently has full custody of his 2 year old daughter because his ex wife ran off with someone else. My BF is always going with them to parks, aquariums etc and there's photos in the house of my BF with the baby strapped into the baby sling. He also babysits her a lot, changes a diaper, helps feed her etc. My BF also moved in with his best friend to help out with expenses after his best friend divorced and the baby was on the way. The place is full of photos with the two of them and baby.
4) They are always "touchy feely" like they always have an arm around each other's shoulders. They also say they love each other all the time. They also hug to say good bye or hello.
5) They borrow each other's clothes, all the time.
6) When they're sitting on the couch, the sit right next to each other instead of leaving the middle cushion between them.
7) Last year they traveled with the kid together- most of their travel has been together and they shared a room and a bed.
People have commented all the time that they look like a couple.
My BF just jokes that if people don't think you're gay, your bestie isn't doing the job right.
I've asked him if that bothers him and he says he's more annoying than anything because girls can do all the same stuff without being called a lesbian but people are just prudes when it comes to guys.
He also doesn't think since there's anything wrong with being gay, he isn't bothered by people speculating he's gay. Both of them find it hilarious and if people start asking, they start acting super flamboyant.
tl;dr: But some of my friends who have met the both of them keep thinking that there's something more going on there and I can't help but start to doubt as well. Like is it even normal for two guys to be that close? If his best friend had been female, I'd definitely think there was something going on.

She is getting cheated on.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Is this that gay agenda I keep hearing about? Sounds like a full schedule.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
"also, he keeps telling me he has a beard, but he shaves every day. Is this more tomfoolery?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All I want to know is what they do with their fully charged crystals.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

All I want to know is what they do with their fully charged crystals.

Cast gay spells on the baby.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm going to call out a left field twist: it's really the bf's baby

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

best friend was there first, she's the person he's cheating with, or at least he would be if 29M wasn't letting this side relationship happen for the sake of appearances/bisexual boyfriend getting an extra outlet for his needs

It's kind of adorable that it took her this long to put two and two together and she's still on the fence about it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

best friend was there first, she's the person he's cheating with, or at least he would be if 29M wasn't letting this side relationship happen for the sake of appearances/bisexual boyfriend getting an extra outlet for his needs

It's kind of adorable that it took her this long to put two and two together and she's still on the fence about it.

I also like how "he helps his best friend with the extremely taxing duties of a single dad," is evidence of cheating on par with, "they say I Love you to each other"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I think the most obvious red flag should have been the fact that they live together with their kid in a house full of pictures of the two of them together with their kid

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mirthless posted:

I think the most obvious red flag should have been the fact that they live together with their kid in a house full of pictures of the two of them together with their kid

Right

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

Yeah, me and a lot of my dad friends hang out a lot and help each other when it's just one of them and their kids, but it never occurs to any of us to take pictures. Otherwise our wives might realize that we are all gay

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I love how the comments are all people saying how crazy she is for ever inferring a gay relationship existing between 2 dudes that live together, share a couples membership at a gym, go on vacations together and share a bed, co-parent a child, and are constantly in close physical contact.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
For some reason, the clothes borrowing thing is what tips the scales to me more than anything else. I've never known two straight men to share clothes. Everything else there I can buy as two real close friends.

Going down that list it's all poo poo I've done or would be fine doing with friends, but sharing clothes? I dunno man.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

For some reason, the clothes borrowing thing is what tips the scales to me more than anything else. I've never known two straight men to share clothes. Everything else there I can buy as two real close friends.
I'm glad you said it first. It was the second most damning thing after the "I love you," imo.
I actually have a travel buddy that I go on vacation with a couple times a year and share a bed. But like, that's just good financial planning as long as there's no eye contact

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Do you guys really know straight friends that are super handsy with each other?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

new phone who dis posted:

Foreign ones, yes. In other cultures, like Arab ones, it's like super normal for good friends to even hold hands.
But if it turns out these are two American boys then yah, gay as gently caress

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah, me and a lot of my dad friends hang out a lot and help each other when it's just one of them and their kids, but it never occurs to any of us to take pictures. Otherwise our wives might realize that we are all gay

If you have couple-y pictures "all over your house" of you and one of your friends in particular, yeah, your wife wouldn't exactly be insane to think you might have something going on with that particular friend

quote:

The place is full of photos with the two of them and baby.

Sorry, not going to accept a "Mirthless just being crazy ol' Mirthless" on this one, this is just loving weird outside of the context of being a couple

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Drunk Nerds posted:

Foreign ones, yes. In other cultures, like Arab ones, it's like super normal for good friends to even hold hands.

I'm aware of this anecdotally but I've never really seen it in action in the US, even amongst those groups.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Lareine posted:

You're naming it Pnurtis, right?

seriously, if you don't nickname that kid Pnurtis I'm calling CPS

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I'm aware of this anecdotally but I've never really seen it in action in the US, even amongst those groups.

Very true.
I'm just playing devils advocate because I find it amusing that we have a good debate going as to "which of these seven gay behaviors is the gayest"

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Me [29F] with my fiance [28m] of three years. He logged into my Facebook and sent my ex-BF [29m] some horrible messages and comments as "me." This has to be a deal breaker but he's begging me not to leave. Help?

quote:

So this story spans about 3 weeks or so, it kicked off when we were moving stuff out of my apartment to move into "our" apartment. We came across a memorabilia box that I honestly hadn't seen or much less opened for at least 8 years. My fiancé opened it and found some souvenir pictures that I'd taken with my ex-BF when we'd taken a trip to Orlando. We'd done those cheesy pose at the castle, picture on the roller coaster, water ride etc... So there were maybe five pics of us together.

His reaction was a little uglier than I would have hoped but it wasn't over the top. He wanted me to dump the entire box in the trash right in front of him since his purged his "ex-stuff." I said I would certainly think about it but I wanted to be more diligent after I'd had a chance to go through the box as I was still missing a pair of earrings my grandma had given me and I wanted to sort through everything carefully, plus I'd never asked him to get rid of anything on my behalf.

I thought that was the end of it until I saw an email that said "Brian (ex) has accepted your friend request." I'd deleted Facebook off my phone right after the election because all the political drove me crazy and only log in on the rare occasion I'm on a desktop. My reaction was maybe I'd sent him a request like years ago and he was just responding now. Whatever, I didn't think much of it and I didn't log on to verify it.

Maybe a few days later I started to got a ton of those emails from Facebook "Brian has sent you a message." "Brian has commented on your photo." Etc...

Still didn't think much of them and didn't even look at the email content because I had other things to do.

Finally on Saturday I got a text from and old friend of mine from college saying "what's up with the war on Facebook?" I said I hadn't been on Facebook in months and she said "u and Brian have been going at it for a week now?"

I tried to log in and what I swear was my password didn't work so I had to recover it and I was in shock at what I found. It was awful. My fiancé had friend requested him, sent him horrible messages and then made even worse comments on pictures of him and his family (he had two small kids and a very nice looking wife).
I was in shock. I still am. I'm horrified. I deleted all I could find and scrambled to get in touch with Brian on phone. Finally I got his number and at first he didn't believe me but I was able to convince him that I was so sorry about what happened and I'd had nothing to do with it and I deleted everything and I would do anything to make it up to him and his family. He calmed down and said his wife was really angry and embarrased with the comments about her kids and that he would talk to her but maybe I could help. I'm still waiting to hear back from him, maybe I won't.

I confronted my fiancé and at first he denied everything. I told him that the comments were so personal that he was the only one who would know or make them. Finally he admitted that it was him and that seeing me and Brian so happy together made him feel like he would always be my "second choice."

Im so hurt by this and so violated that I didn't even want to argue with him, I just told him it was over and that I'm keeping and selling the ring today (Monday, it was an Xmas present so legally it's mine but I don't know if I was being serious or not) but that I'll split the money with him. I went back to my mostly now unfurnished apartment and haven't slept for two days. Fiancé has knocked on the door about 50 times, he's texted and called me hundreds all begging me to please just talk to him and not leave him.

I'm so tired, embarrased, mortified, angry, sad, etc... That I don't know what to think. I would so appreciate any advice.

tl;dr: my fiancé logged into my Facebook account and said some horrific things to my ex-BF while posing as me. This should be a deal breaker but I'm such a rush of every negative emotion right now I want to make sure I make the right choice.

Edit: thank you for the comments, I've decided I'm leaving him for good. It was the comment that this is the type of personality trait that leads to YouTube videos of a parent attaching a referee that sealed it. I don't think I can start another thread what should I do with the ring? He gave it to me as an Xmas gift in 2015 so it's legally mine but I can avoid a lot of drama if I just return it and be done with it. Any thoughts?

I really love how crippling insecurity will make a person so crazy that they'll nuke a functional relationship from orbit. On the plus side, at least she hadn't married him yet.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Counterpoint that makes her the bad guy:
It turns out their landlord is a bizarro version of Mr Roper from Threes Company

Edit: this was about the gay poo poo

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 10, 2017

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

The woman would also not be suspicious then. Any individual thing here is fine, hell, we should probably be supportive of dudes being less guarded in their emotions and more willing to let their guard down with close friends, but nah bruh no straight guys act that way.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Counterpoint that makes her the bad guy:
It turns out their landlord is a bizarro version of Mr Roper from Threes Company

This would be a good show, lets get a pilot together and make millions

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Me [29F] with my fiance [28m] of three years. He logged into my Facebook and sent my ex-BF [29m] some horrible messages and comments as "me." This has to be a deal breaker but he's begging me not to leave. Help?

The only way this could be more peak r/r was if we found her fiancee's previous throwaway posting "Me [28M] with my girl [29F] she seems too much into her ex like keeping old pictures and stuff plz adivse?"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

American Italians, absolutely.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Slugworth posted:

American Italians, absolutely.

In greeting and leaving only though, right? They don't sit around holding hands and borderline cuddling and poo poo, do they?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bubblyblubber posted:

The only way this could be more peak r/r was if we found her fiancee's previous throwaway posting "Me [28M] with my girl [29F] she seems too much into her ex like keeping old pictures and stuff plz adivse?"

and this was one of the incredibly retarded elaborate revenge plots proposed in the comments

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

In greeting and leaving only though, right? They don't sit around holding hands and borderline cuddling and poo poo, do they?

Look at this guy who's never seen the erotic thriller, Goodfellas

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Keeping in mind we always have a possibly unreliable narrator, yeah, even that doesn't really jump out at me that much. Like yeah, if they're just watching tv cuddling, that's odd. But she says 'arms around eachother's shoulders, and yeah, that's pretty common among that group. Again, if it's constant, it's weird, but that's a go-to photo pose for some of these guys, as is 'Sees two people talking at party, walks up and throws his arm around one's shoulders and enters the conversation'. I've had to slink my way out of that maneuver on occasion.

I'm not trying to Mirthless this - They're probably gay, and at the very least, she's totally reasonable for being concerned.

But because of the clothes sharing more than anything.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

My BF just jokes that if people don't think you're gay, your bestie isn't doing the job right.

Wisdom.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Slugworth posted:

Keeping in mind we always have a possibly unreliable narrator, yeah, even that doesn't really jump out at me that much. Like yeah, if they're just watching tv cuddling, that's odd. But she says 'arms around eachother's shoulders, and yeah, that's pretty common among that group. Again, if it's constant, it's weird, but that's a go-to photo pose for some of these guys, as is 'Sees two people talking at party, walks up and throws his arm around one's shoulders and enters the conversation'. I've had to slink my way out of that maneuver on occasion.

I'm not trying to Mirthless this - They're probably gay, and at the very least, she's totally reasonable for being concerned.

But because of the clothes sharing more than anything.

I've done it myself for pictures, but just because you feel like it seems either drunk or gay or both.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The threads dying to know: are the two of you actually gay?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
One of my best friends turned out to be bi and I had no idea. We hung out all the time, and he was my go-to "what are you up to, let's do something!"

I woke up in his arms a couple times and it was just funny to me. So it's not out of the question that men can have a relationship that is very close. One of them gay yeah maybe but it's not guaranteed to be what she thinks.

The last part about acting extra gay for kicks sounds like us too. When I learned my buddy married a huge black dude I thought he was doing it for the extra money you get from being married in the military. It took several facebook conversations for me to understand I was just oblivious the whole time.

I don't know. Could go either way just like her bf lol