Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Volcott posted:

The staffing levels couldn't easily be scaled down despite a declining inmate population and they already had perfectly good jails they just weren't using in favor of tentstop.

No loving way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Has this story hit the Freep Tower yet?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chechnya-detains-100-gay-men-first-concentration-camps-since-holocaust-1616363

Apparently, Chechnya has kickstarted the first concentration camps since the Nazis, and get this: They're for gays!

quote:

“In Chechnya, the command was given for a 'prophylactic sweep' and it went as far as real murders,” Novaya Gazeta reported, saying the authorities searched for closeted gay men partly by posing as men seeking dates on social media websites.
The newspaper also noted that none of the men detained had been open about their homosexuality in a society where it is still strictly taboo.
Kadyrov's spokesman brushed off the report, saying no one in the republic is homosexual. “You cannot arrest or repress people who just don't exist in the republic,” Alvi Karimov said to Interfax. “If such people existed in Chechnya, law enforcement would not have to worry about them since their own relatives would have sent them to where they could never return.”

EDIT: Corrections made. sorry

Quidam Viator fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 10, 2017

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Ughh... Just like the Bush females.

quote:

(Feminism DESTROYED females)

:females:

McGlockenshire posted:

And yet, they vote for the party that aggressively seeks tax cuts for the super wealthy.

I would assume the plan is to get the tax cuts for the super wealthy, and then after that, pass tax hikes only on wealthy liberals, while the conservatives continue to enjoy the cuts.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Quidam Viator posted:

Apparently, Chechnya has kickstarted the first concentration camps since the Nazis

There have been plenty of concentration camps since then.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Tiberius Thyben posted:

There have been plenty of concentration camps since then.

Including Australian ones!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Chechnya opens world's first concentration camp for homosexuals since Hitler's in the.... posted by freeper Morgana

There's a whole bunch of confusion in the thread between the UN Human Rights Comission and the US organization called the Human Rights Campaign. The latter is the one with the yellow equal sign on a blue field. The former is driving the globalist agenda of homosexuality down the throats of good devout Christians.

quote:

To: Morgana

Hey Human Rights Campaign. This is what oppression of homosexuals looks like. And no, there’s no equivalence between this and refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

2 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:02:29 AM by Opinionated Blowhard ("When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.")

quote:

“Introduced Islamic rule”

You have to read awhile before you find the reason.

6 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:04:21 AM by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer")

quote:

Intolerant Christians.

Oh wait, it’s a Muslim country. Never mind.

7 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:04:24 AM by AppyPappy (Don't mistake your dorm political discussions with the desires of the nation)

quote:

To: ScaniaBoy

HRC - a fake organization in a world of fake news - will simply ignore it. You don’t have to approve of homosexuality to despise these crimes. I doubt gay Chechens were bothering Christian bakeries.

12 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:15:12 AM by miss marmelstein

quote:

To: blueunicorn6

You have to read awhile before you find the reason.

They were hoping readers would simply assume it was a Russian policy and blame Putin (and by association, Trump).

16 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:35:23 AM by Drew68 (#TeamBannon)

quote:

I’m no great fan of Islam but when I look at what the gays have done to the USA in my lifetime I can understand the Chechens not wanting their country to end up resembling ours.

I’m sure that’s offensive to some people but I really don’t care. I’m not saying to do it here but I think it’s inevitable that it will happen here just as Rome was purged of homosexual influences (at least outside of the Vatican) after the Roman Empire fell.

18 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:41:02 AM by MeganC (Democrat by birth, Republican by default, conservative by principle.)

quote:

To: JayGalt

Even in the Christian west, buggery was a capital crime for centuries. Only very recently as in the 1960’s if memory serves, in a TX case were we were given over to allowing the unthinkable to dwell in our midst and not expect the expectation of a spread of the unthinkable.

22 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:51:22 AM by wita (Always and forever, under oath in defense of Life, Liberty and. the pursuit of Happiness.)

quote:

To: MeganC

They are not looking at our country. They couldn’t care less. It’s their very nature.

They are going on their basic tenets of snuffing out anyone who offends them. Homosexuality is one of those gazillion things.

24 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:58:12 AM by the OlLine Rebel (Common sense is an uncommon virtue./Federal-run medical care is as good as state-run DMVs.)

quote:

To: mlo

Take over the country and build a prison there for the most devout Islamists. Staff the prison with queers.

35 posted on 4/10/2017, 10:34:09 AM by DIRTYSECRET (urope. Why do they put up with this.)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Official: Russia knew in advance of Syrian chemical attack posted by freeper Pollard

quote:

To: Pollard

How is it that AP knows so much about Russian war bombings and know nothing about Uranium deals in the USA and do not have any proof of hacking?

3 posted on 4/10/2017, 12:56:33 PM by mountainlion (Live well for those that did not make it back.)

quote:

To: Chad_the_Impaler

Careful we have Putin apologists about

6 posted on 4/10/2017, 12:57:55 PM by Jarhead9297
That post is back to back with...

quote:

Kinda funny that none of the local Jihadi propagandists came forward complaining about the hospital being bombed. That's a mystery! /sarc

Seriously, why come up with this type of CRAP? Maybe to explain why there's no hard evidence of specifics of the chemical “attack”?

Anyhow, consider me VERY SKEPTICAL.

7 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:02:06 PM by House Atreides (Send BOTH Hillary & Bill to prison.)

quote:

To: Dalberg-Acton

Where are all the fact checkers? How could bombing a hospital after a known release of poison gas possibly “cover up” the release? And how does the mere presence of a drone rule out false flag? Are we to believe that the Israelis are eavesdropping Putin and Assad, or photographing movements of poison gas cannisters? Yes? — Let’s see the tapes.

13 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:10:55 PM by Socon-Econ

quote:

Deep state leaking, trying to get Trump into war with Russia.

15 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:13:23 PM by nhwingut (Trump Pence 16 - Blow Up DC)

quote:

To: All

The source is anonymous. From the posts I see on here the fact that the source is not named automatically makes it fake news.

18 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:16:20 PM by Terry Mross (Liver spots And blood thinners.,)

quote:

WTH can’t ANYONE own a statement? If one is not allowed to say anything why don’t they just STHU? How can an administration run with blabber mouths?

19 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:16:27 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)

quote:

To: BeadCounter

It doesn’t matter to these assad/putin apologists. assad helped al Qaeda types kill Americans. They do not care. Their love of putin and RT is eternal, fixed, and an irrational faith. As long as the USA helps assad/putin, they’re happy.

22 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:20:08 PM by elhombrelibre (Cogito ergo sum a conservative pro-American.)

quote:

To: elhombrelibre

Donald doesn’t fly off the handle quickly. If Russia is at the bottom of this, things will chill.

30 posted on 4/10/2017, 1:41:18 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

quote:

To: Jarhead9297

Careful we have Putin apologists about

People who don't buy the "Hillary lost because Russia hacked the election" story aren't "Putin apologists"... they just have common sense.

38 posted on 4/10/2017, 2:25:01 PM by Cementjungle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

McGlockenshire posted:

From Chechnya opens world's first concentration camp for homosexuals since Hitler's in the.... posted by freeper Morgana

There's a whole bunch of confusion in the thread between the UN Human Rights Comission and the US organization called the Human Rights Campaign. The latter is the one with the yellow equal sign on a blue field. The former is driving the globalist agenda of homosexuality down the throats of good devout Christians.

It's good to know 100% for certain that Freepers hate the Muslims more than they hate the gays

Of course, it's obvious in retrospect.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

How is it that AP knows so much about Russian war bombings and know nothing about Uranium deals in the USA and do not have any proof of hacking?

3 posted on 4/10/2017, 12:56:33 PM by mountainlion (Live well for those that did not make it back.)

Um, because they already covered the uranium deals which aren't what you think they are because you're a loving moron.
Also you know, if you have no proof of something, maybe, just maybe that something did not occur.

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Any comments on Freep about the governor of Alabama resigning?

EDIT: I looked, it's basically a bunch of Clinton jokes, because the 1990s are the last time any of these worthless fucks were relevant.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

I’m no great fan of Islam but when I look at what the gays have done to the USA in my lifetime I can understand the Chechens not wanting their country to end up resembling ours.

I’m sure that’s offensive to some people but I really don’t care. I’m not saying to do it here but I think it’s inevitable that it will happen here just as Rome was purged of homosexual influences (at least outside of the Vatican) after the Roman Empire fell.

18 posted on 4/10/2017, 8:41:02 AM by MeganC (Democrat by birth, Republican by default, conservative by principle.)

:stonklol:

There's the answer nobody wanted.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Icon Of Sin posted:

I like the little "Satanic Catholics :argh:" jab.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Literally Elvis posted:

Any comments on Freep about the governor of Alabama resigning?

EDIT: I looked, it's basically a bunch of Clinton jokes, because the 1990s are the last time any of these worthless fucks were relevant.

quote:

To: NRx

Bad on him, but still nowhere near as bad as crimes committed by the Clinton Crime family

6 posted on Mon Apr 10 2017 15:31:32 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Angels27
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Yeah, not terribly exciting.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

McGlockenshire posted:

Finally for tonight, from Former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio is knocked down to size posted by freeper Seizethecarp.

Freepers: The Clown Show started as soon as Nazi Soros’s puppet and buttboy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Duke Igthorn posted:

Milo also said water is wet and the sky is blue. Saying blindingly obvious poo poo doesn't make you citable.

everyone doesn't speak at a Twinks For Trump event though

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Who the gently caress is supposed to comprise the "Clinton Crime Family," anyway? It's (at most) three people. It's the same with people who objected to Hillary because they [didn't] want political dynasties." We've got one of those, they're called the Kennedys. Two people in one family being politically involved does not a dynasty make. Neither does three people make them a mafia, no matter how many freep insists they had killed.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Keeshhound posted:

It's the same with people who objected to Hillary because they [didn't] want political dynasties." We've got one of those, they're called the Kennedys. Two people in one family being politically involved does not a dynasty make.

More to the point, a dynasty is when power is passed down through the generations. Hillary wasn't the child of a political actor, she was married to one, and by all accounts she helped build Bill's career earlier on. It's not as though she was politically uninvolved before Bill was president and simply carried on his legacy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Icon Of Sin posted:

They don't want the country we have, you know where I think I'm being persecuted because people want me to take meds.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

See HRC stop bothering Christians, Chechnya is what real homophobia looks like. Be grateful we only want to discriminate against you and not murder you like the Muslims do.

Anyway, those Muslims totally have the right idea and we should kill gays here asap :bahgawd::911:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The only good concentration camp is my concentration camp.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Spicer Says Even Hitler Didn't Use Chemical Weapons

So Spicy just :godwin:'d himself...

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

Qualifies for a Godzilla Face Palm.

2 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:03:58 GMT-0700 (PDT) by C19fan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

quote:

Tell that to the Jews in the gas chambers

4 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:04:05 GMT-0700 (PDT) by silverleaf (Age takes a toll: Please have exact change)

Hitler was such a compassionate guy.

quote:

Since that is true, why is the Times writing an article about it? Hitler was gassed in the trenches of World War I, which may have been one of the reasons he didn’t use that weapon when in control later.

5 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:05:26 GMT-0700 (PDT) by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

:downsrim:

quote:

Hitler brought you to the gas.

Assad brings the gas to you.

6 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:05:27 GMT-0700 (PDT) by OkiMusashi (Beware the fury of a patient man. --- John Dryden)

quote:

Gas chambers and the battlefield are really two different things.

10 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:06:19 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Mr. Douglas (Best. Election. EVER!)

And of course they have to get in a dig at Common Core.

quote:

As an offensive weapon he’s correct. But the man is completely tone deaf not to understand that gassing millions of German and European Jews was a far greater crime that what Assad has done in his attacks on rebel areas. I honestly wonder if some of these people ever took high school history. Spicer seems too old to have been subjected to the Common Core curriculum.

11 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:07:04 GMT-0700 (PDT) by littleharbour

quote:

Uyuyuyuhy!

And they got free healthcare from Mengele and his SS staff.

14 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:07:29 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Freemeorkillme

I believe it came out in the Nuremberg Trials that the reason chemical weapons were never used was purely logistical and not because they didn't want to use them.

quote:

he used them in the concentration camps and I think the only reason Hitler did not use chemical weapons is that Hitler was a nerve agent victim in the first world war. I think that is the only reason chemical weapons were not used out side the concentration camps.

19 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:09:07 GMT-0700 (PDT) by PCPOET7 (in)

And now the pendants come out.

quote:

The key word is “weapons”.

22 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:09:57 GMT-0700 (PDT) by MCF (If my home can't be my Castle, then it will be my Alamo.)

quote:

To: Mr. Douglas

Thank you.

Spicer was speaking in the context of using gas on the battlefield.

How some can ignore that point and jump to a different context of gassing Jews in concentration camps is an absurd stretch.

25 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:10:49 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Responsibility2nd
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

it’s beyond me why Spicer (or anyone) feels compelled to make this point. Could it be so Dems stop calling him Hitler (yeah, right)

27 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:11:21 GMT-0700 (PDT) by confederatecarpetbag

quote:

That’s true if taken in context. He used chemicals in the concentration camp, not as a battlefield weapon.

31 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:12:31 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Telepathic Intruder

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Man Removed From Jet Is Kentucky Doctor With Criminal Record

Let the Michael Brown-ing begin!

quote:

"I want to go home."

I think I saw that movie. She clicked her heels together. She didn't scream till cops hadda taze her.

1 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:32:28 GMT-0700 (PDT) by LouAvul
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: LouAvul

Play stupid games.

Win stupid prizes.

2 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:34:07 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Responsibility2nd

Yea- wait, what?

quote:

His past does not in any way excuse the actions of United Airlines.

4 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:35:05 GMT-0700 (PDT) by MeganC (Democrat by birth, Republican by default, conservative by principle.)

quote:

Apparently there are many doctors in Kentucky that prescribe drugs in an illegal manner.

However, that has nothing to do with his being dragged off that United flight.

5 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:35:21 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Timpanagos1

United did nothing wrong!

quote:

They did nothing wrong. The passenger was not cooperative, so they called the authorities, THOSE are the people who might have gone too far.

6 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:36:19 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Paradox ("Donald Trump", the biggest Strawman ever created.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

...Okay?

quote:

My stepson and his girlfriend, back in their early 20’s, would play a game called, “we’re not leaving”.

They’d go to a bar in trendy Capital Hill in Seattle and sit there and never order anything and see how long it took before they were physically removed. I don’t get it, but they seemed to think it was fun.

They grew up and have been married a few years.

7 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:36:47 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Mr. Douglas (Best. Election. EVER!)

quote:

Actions? Like calling the cops when the dude wouldn't leave?

It ain't his airplane and flipping out about it gets him what he got.

11 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:40:29 GMT-0700 (PDT) by humblegunner

quote:

Convicted of a felony, fraudulently writing prescriptions, he also sexually harassed a male employee and traded drugs for sex.

No way should he have had his medical license re-instated and no way should he be any where near a prescription pad.

14 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:40:48 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Kenny500c

What difference does it make?

quote:

What difference does his past make? It could have been you or me, or anybody, they did that to.

The bumping practice should be illegal.

16 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:42:16 GMT-0700 (PDT) by kaehurowing

quote:

His old criminal record has no bearing on what happened on the plane. The fact that they are bringing it up is silly. Having said that, I don’t agree with how he acted either. Both United and he could have handled this more like adults.

17 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:42:52 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Opinionated Blowhard ("When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.")

quote:

He paid for the seat. He had a reservation for the seat. He had a boarding pass for that seat. And he was sitting in that seat.

If they wanted someone to give up a seat they ought to have offered compensation sufficient to make them want to give it up. Or make other arrangements for their employee travel.

I don’t care what his other personal issues are. They could do the same thing to anyone.

30 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:49:28 GMT-0700 (PDT) by marron

quote:

Didn’t take long for the security people to defend themselves by attacking the victim. How does any of this man’s past excuse how he was treated?

31 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:49:54 GMT-0700 (PDT) by colorado tanker

quote:

This must be in the vein of: she was a slut in her younger days so she deserved to get gang-raped.
Or, and I can't wait for this one: Heck, he's a fag, whatever happens to him is divine justice.

Let the sliming begin.

32 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:49:55 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Thumper1960 (Trump-2016)

Oh poo poo, someone is calling out Freep on this!

quote:

You haven't been here long? To many, here, his "indiscretions" will be used to smear him and justify any bad that comes his way.

In case you haven't detected the psychopathic glee with which some will reference his past, keep reading. The tingles up and down their legs will become evident.

38 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:53:05 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Thumper1960 (Trump-2016)

quote:

In the end, they bumped the good doctor not because they overbooked, or they had to seat a United crew.

They booted him out because he disobeyed legal instructions from the flight crew and became disruptive.

IMO the good doctor was no better than an unruly drunk that creates a scene and is also removed.

The fact that he was beat up was on him.

39 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:53:38 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Responsibility2nd
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

"His past does not in any way excuse the actions of United Airlines."

You can bet the company is pushing this story. It's reminiscent of the "nuts and sluts" line the media used on the victims of the Clintons.

40 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:56:21 GMT-0700 (PDT) by mass55th (Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway...John Wayne)

quote:

To: COBOL2Java

Yep. Typical deflection demonization bull sh*t. I hope he sues United for millions.

41 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:58:06 GMT-0700 (PDT) by WKUHilltopper (WKU 2016 Boca Raton Bowl Champions)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

Boycott United!

The passenger’s past has nothing to do with the crime on the plane!

43 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:00:01 GMT-0700 (PDT) by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)

quote:

To: editor-surveyor

YAS! Because KungPao Doctor Man can take over any plane he likes!
My plane, your plane, Airforce One.. KungPao Doctor Man he number one in charge.

Because he's willing to fight cops.

Like Michael Brown.

Right?

47 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:07:30 GMT-0700 (PDT) by humblegunner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

quote:

To: humblegunner
You’re twisted and befuddled as usual.

Back to your dungeon!

49 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:10:53 GMT-0700 (PDT) by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TexasGator
OK, he is a dirt bag.

But united didn’t know this, and if they did, they’d probably be in deep $hit with the social police now.

48 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:07:52 GMT-0700 (PDT) by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Play stupid games.

Win stupid prizes.

2 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 12:34:07 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Responsibility2nd

How did he play a stupid game? He bought a ticket. United overbooked and hosed up. United decided he should have to be hosed and dragged his rear end off the plane. He had every right to his seat. Hell, he played by your rules freep, he used Capitalism.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

SocketWrench posted:

How did he play a stupid game? He bought a ticket. United overbooked and hosed up. United decided he should have to be hosed and dragged his rear end off the plane. He had every right to his seat. Hell, he played by your rules freep, he used Capitalism.

The best part is that if it had been one of them, you KNOW they'd be flipping their poo poo.

"THIS IS TYRANNY THE QUEER FLIGHT ATTENDANTS AND THE OBAMA-APPOINTED TSA THUGS NEED TO BE PURGED CONTRACTS SOCIALISM RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Did I miss the hot takes about Gorsuch and the filibuster? Or was there not much reaction?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Syrians Have A New Nickname For Trump

OP posted:

People across the Arab world are referring to Trump as “Abu Ivanka al-Amriki,” or “Father of Ivanka, the American,” on social media, reports The Telegraph. The nickname is a term of admiration and respect for the president, following his decisive action in response to the chemical weapons U.S. officials believe President Bashar al-Assad ordered.
"No, no, it is really a term of respect and admiration, effendi."

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

What, “The Donald” doesn’t translate into Arabic?

2 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 15:14:55 GMT-0700 (PDT) by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

quote:

What was zero’s nick? Alzzawj Chewbacca?

alzzawj = husband in arabic

3 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 15:15:32 GMT-0700 (PDT) by txhurl (Don't make me go United on your rear end)

Michelle wishes she was half the First Lady Ivanka is!

quote:

It’s funny how the majority of the world recognizes how attractive Ivanka is, yet the American media refuse to say anything that might be construed as complimentary toward her, for fear of a situation where they might have to compare her and Moochelle.

Lovely versus linebacker
Winner versus wookie
hottie versus way too much cottage cheese in the trunk
and the list goes on and on...

Our leftist media overlords simply cannot allow that.

5 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 15:37:17 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Two Kids' Dad (((( Islam and Western Civilization are incompatible ))))

quote:

To: kaehurowing

“Syrians”?

how about anti-Assad arabs (MB, AQ etc) from the Syrian-war funding countries in the Gulf etc), as reported elsewhere?

7 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 15:57:20 GMT-0700 (PDT) by MAGAthon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump... man of action
Obama.... bend over bathhouse towel boy ... make it hurt but only for 5 minutes

9 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 16:56:39 GMT-0700 (PDT) by zzwhale (ho2)

quote:

To: MAGAthon

Syrians who murder Christians have a cute nickname for Pres. Trump, how special? Like stepping in an ant pile then falling on a bee hive over there.

10 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 17:04:04 GMT-0700 (PDT) by rollo tomasi (Working hard to pay for deadbeats and corrupt politicians.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

freeper posted:

Boycott United!

43 posted on Tue Apr 11 2017 13:00:01 GMT-0700 (PDT) by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)

Umm... look at this freeper's signature.

Freepers: Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Lprsti99 posted:

Did I miss the hot takes about Gorsuch and the filibuster? Or was there not much reaction?

It was the most boring "Trump wins again!" circlejerk possible.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes I am sure Michelle is oh so sad that she does not meet that Freeper's beauty standard, after all what else can she aspire to?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Jagged Jim posted:

Spicer Says Even Hitler Didn't Use Chemical Weapons

So Spicy just :godwin:'d himself...

I believe it came out in the Nuremberg Trials that the reason chemical weapons were never used was purely logistical and not because they didn't want to use them.
The Germans used chemical weapons on Russians after the Battle of Kerch. The Russian survivors were in a system of caves and managed to hold out for several months until the German filled the caves with phosgene.

The main reason that the Nazis didn't use chemical weapons in open battlefields was that they relied a lot on horses for logistics and there wasn't a good enough gas mask design for horses that let enough air in for them to breathe and work at the same time. They (the Germans, not the horses) produced several thousand tons of chemical weapons during the war in artillery and mortar shells anticipating their use. At the end of the war, Hitler was ready to use tabun (a nerve gas) in the defence of Berlin but Speer talked him out of it by suggesting that the Allies also had a poo poo load of chemical weapons and would probably use them on German civilians if the Nazis used them first.

Jagged Jim posted:

And now the pendants come out.
Actually it's pedants. :colbert:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh no, daddy Trump and daddy Putin don't get along anymore
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39573744

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh no, daddy Trump and daddy Putin don't get along anymore
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39573744

4819 x 56 squared dimension chess, my friend

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SocketWrench posted:

4819 x 56 squared dimension chess, my friend

The bots are getting turned on again...against Trump.

Trump is still a traitor and Russian puppet in my books.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Freep is in 100% :byodood: DIDN'T HAPPEN FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU :byodood: mode about CNN reporting bipartisan leaks making GBS threads on Nunes' stunt. It's so bad that it's tagged "veryfakenews". They're also in a full but tedious and annoying :tinfoil: meltdown over the FISA surveillance on Carter Page.

Representative posts, as the rest are utterly predictable:

quote:

To: AlmaKing

Yep, anonymous sources, and they’ve also shifted ground from denying there was surveillance to trying to justify the surveillance and unmasking. I take this as part of the PR offensive for Susan Rice’s legal defense.

8 posted on 04/12/2017 12:12:25 AM PDT by Fedora

quote:

To: sargon

It's so reassuring to know that President Trump, when he comes up for re-election, will be able to use the full power of the government's intelligence apparatus to spy on political opponents and their aides and associates—to go sifting through all of their personal data and communications, and to selectively unmask certain persons and then leak information in order to attack and embarrass them.

45 posted on 04/12/2017 6:59:44 AM PDT by combat_boots (God bless Israel and all who protect and defend her! And please, God, bless the USA again.)

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

I missed what was the conclusion of the investigation/surveillance? WaPo is site blocked in our house.

42 posted on 4/11/2017, 6:26:55 PM by monkeybrau

quote:

To: WildHighlander57; GregNH

... Podobnyy tried to recruit Carter Page, an energy consultant working in New York at the time, as an intelligence source. Page is referred to in the filing as “Male-1.”

They tried to recruit page and ended up getting arrested. Seems to me Page is a Patriot!

66 posted on 4/11/2017, 7:52:01 PM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT I)

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Apr 12, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Oh boy, and then there's this from an article excerpt.

quote:

The authoritarian impulse arises when legitimate government can’t or won’t maintain order. Which is beginning to look like now. In America we have attacks by Muslim terrorists while, until recently, the government did everything it can to import more Muslims. Blacks engage in open insurgency of low but increasing intensity. Under Obama, a black federal government supported them. Much of the country is sick of open borders, but the government has supported it. As government imposes more and more restrictions on what people can think or do, on how they must live, government becomes just another enemy.

Explosiveness is low in a civil society with little crime, in which people can leave doors unlocked and do not daily see stories of outrage and violation of civilized norms. They have nothing to explode about. They will believe in due process when a crime is committed and not favor extreme measures.

Such was white America in 1955. Whatever the defects of that time, the suburbs and small towns were calm and safe. I know. I was there. People were not afraid or chronically angry.

Here's more if you want to read the freep thread.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Ah yes, 1955. A time of complete and utter peace in the US. I mean, Brown vs. Board of Education was in 1954, and McCarthyism was still happening until 1956, and there was massive anti/pro-Communist sentiment and things like the whole Civil Rights Era struggles that were going on in that time. In this one freeper's memory though, there were no struggles or anger happening in their tiny, insignificant town! All this turmoil must be a brand new thing, and the memory of the way things were is objective fact, not just that the freeper was probably under ten years old in 1955!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I browsed a couple of threads and all of them had this as the first post

:911:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fathis Munk posted:

Right Wingers are such welfare queens. They should live their own philosophy and suffer in poverty.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

What a lovely foreign gun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Blessed are the peacemakers.