Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horses follow paths on their own. This amazes and delights me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My Impa disappointment is that in the memory where Zelda has some Sheikah cart your dedbod off to the Resurrection Shrine, it's just two random rear end mooks and not Impa and Purah.

It's probably the the carrot and pumpkin patch Sheikah before we meet them as old men, or at least members of those families. That's what I want to believe, anyway.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

fivegears4reverse posted:

It's probably the the carrot and pumpkin patch Sheikah before we meet them as old men, or at least members of those families. That's what I want to believe, anyway.

It all depends on how Sheikah age. I know the Zora age pretty slowly apparently so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how everyone at Hyrule ages.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

With all the interspecies romance going on, you'd think there would be a few half-Zora, half-Hylian people running around.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MokBa posted:

With all the interspecies romance going on, you'd think there would be a few half-Zora, half-Hylian people running around.

if you think ganon's policy allows for this you are cruelly mistaken

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Many a brave soul has tried to gently caress a fish, but none this far have succeeded.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I killed a Silver Lynel last night. Ho boy I'm prepared for anything now

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Augus posted:

Many a brave soul has tried to gently caress a fish, but none this far have succeeded.

he who finds the path shalt be the true savior of Hyrule

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dizz posted:

It all depends on how Sheikah age. I know the Zora age pretty slowly apparently so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how everyone at Hyrule ages.

Hylians explicitly age at something like human rate; the Zoras who knew Link are surprised he's alive let alone still looking 17. As for Sheikah, Impa and Robbie seem to have aged at about human rate or a bit slower; they're both looking good for 100+ but they're both obviously old. I don't thnk we ever see either of them in the memories though, so it's hard to tell; maybe they looked old even then. But I'm pretty sure Impa's said to be over 100 rather than over 150 or whatever, so she was probably young at the time of the Calamity.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Runcible Cat posted:

Hylians explicitly age at something like human rate; the Zoras who knew Link are surprised he's alive let alone still looking 17. As for Sheikah, Impa and Robbie seem to have aged at about human rate or a bit slower; they're both looking good for 100+ but they're both obviously old. I don't thnk we ever see either of them in the memories though, so it's hard to tell; maybe they looked old even then. But I'm pretty sure Impa's said to be over 100 rather than over 150 or whatever, so she was probably young at the time of the Calamity.

It also depends on if This is the same Impa from OoT, I don't remember the rumored timeline but yeah Impa was there for a long time so if this isn't just Impa descendants then she's old as gently caress.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dizz posted:

It also depends on if This is the same Impa from OoT, I don't remember the rumored timeline but yeah Impa was there for a long time so if this isn't just Impa descendants then she's old as gently caress.

Pretty certain she's not that Impa. She'd remember Ganon as something other than a pink and black slimestorm, for starters. Maybe there's a Sheikah tradition of naming the Princess's attendant Impa, like the royal family's Zelda-naming one..

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

euphronius posted:

Horses follow paths on their own. This amazes and delights me.

This is VERY useful when you're trying to complete the horseback archery minigame too

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This is VERY useful when you're trying to complete the horseback archery minigame too

Pro tip: do NOT take a horse you're still training to do this.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Just remembered that I have only beaten the final boss once, and that was before I upgraded equipment and knew how to parry.

Going to go take on that endboss with twice the defense, the ability to overcome its gimmick and weapons far more capable this time.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, fun fact: Flamebreaker Armor with the set bonus allows you to walk through jets of flame with impunity, effectively negating several puzzles if you have it available for them. Suck it, Vah Ruta. :c00lbert:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Spergatory posted:

So, fun fact: Flamebreaker Armor with the set bonus allows you to walk through jets of flame with impunity, effectively negating several puzzles if you have it available for them. Suck it, Vah Ruta. :c00lbert:

It will not however, allow you to swim in the mouth of Death Mountain and make it your own personal swimming pool after Vah Ruhta moves out.

Goron technology hasn't found a way to keep fleshy bodies from bursting into fire in that instance yet. Aside from, y'know just becoming a Goron yourself.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
How do I make Octoroks do the suck thing? I've fought tons of them but haven't seen that happen once.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Unmature posted:

How do I make Octoroks do the suck thing? I've fought tons of them but haven't seen that happen once.

It's only a specific type that's up on Death Mountain.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you get to the caldera ?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

euphronius posted:

Can you get to the caldera ?

You can stand on the edge but you can't jump in. Can't even see yourself fall into the cleansing lava, the inside counts as bottomless pit and it puts you back on the ground before you reach the lava

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Spergatory posted:

And yet as soon as I got the full set I found a humble little campfire to test out what this baby could do and I still burst into flames (me, not my gear.) At least I think it was...

My immersion. :qq:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

yamdankee posted:

And yet as soon as I got the full set I found a humble little campfire to test out what this baby could do and I still burst into flames (me, not my gear.) At least I think it was...

My immersion. :qq:

You need the set bonus to be completely fireproof. Gotta upgrade that poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are there enough ancient cores in shrines to get the sheikah upgrade and be able to buy the ancient armor sets / upgrade them?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Spergatory posted:

You need the set bonus to be completely fireproof. Gotta upgrade that poo poo.

Oh you gotta take it to the fairy and everything to get the upgrade? I thought set bonus implied a bonus because you have the set. Yet again it's proven I'm an idiot.

seiferguy posted:

Are there enough ancient cores in shrines to get the sheikah upgrade and be able to buy the ancient armor sets / upgrade them?

When I stumbled upon the tech lab I had expended no significant effort in going out of my way to find cores or other parts and I found it pretty early in the game. So I got most of the sheikah upgrades right away, but as far as the ancient armor sets, you're probably going to need to spend some more time playing and get them naturally or :spergin: and run around hyrule castle and lomei labyrinth farming them.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

yamdankee posted:

Oh you gotta take it to the fairy and everything to get the upgrade? I thought set bonus implied a bonus because you have the set. Yet again it's proven I'm an idiot.

When I stumbled upon the tech lab I had expended no significant effort in going out of my way to find cores or other parts and I found it pretty early in the game. So I got most of the sheikah upgrades right away, but as far as the ancient armor sets, you're probably going to need to spend some more time playing and get them naturally or :spergin: and run around hyrule castle and lomei labyrinth farming them.

Or just spawning guardian amiibo drops.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Astro7x posted:

Or just spawning guardian amiibo drops.

Guardian amiibos go for $50 on Amazon right now :saddowns:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

yamdankee posted:

You have to have every piece up to 2* before you get the set bonus. But some sets don't have bonuses at all. (There's a couple of sets that have set bonuses as soon as you get them, but they're not upgradeable at all.)

seiferguy posted:

I'm so glad that's the one I decided to preorder :smug:

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

seiferguy posted:

Wow, that's downright cheap compared to what I expected.

I saw rare Amiibos that retailed for $12 sell on eBay for $100+. And those were tiny normal-sized Amiibos too, not monstrosities like the Guardian.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

seiferguy posted:

You can farm the major tests of strength pretty easily (hint: any ancient 2H with a charge attack spin) and they respawn with every blood moon. I was still missing like 8 cores when it came time to upgrade the ancient armor and it only took me like one sweep of all the major ones + a couple of roamers to get them.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Datel Powersaves for Amiibo. It's loving great. $25 at a local GameStop.

You can even keep randomizing the serial number in case you want to scan the same amiibo over and over again in one day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can farm the major tests of strength pretty easily (hint: any ancient 2H with a charge attack spin) and they respawn with every blood moon. I was still missing like 8 cores when it came time to upgrade the ancient armor and it only took me like one sweep of all the major ones + a couple of roamers to get them.

I've got a couple of major tests of strength unlocked. I'm not sure I've seen any of them drop regular ol' cores each time I farm them. But I need to get all of them unlocked.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

yamdankee posted:

Each armor piece usually has its own bonus and then an upgraded (2 stars) full set bonus. Also note that there's a difference between lava heat protection and desert heat protection.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bum the Sad posted:

Datel Powersaves for Amiibo. It's loving great. $25 at a local GameStop.

You can even keep randomizing the serial number in case you want to scan the same amiibo over and over again in one day.

Yeah this.

Screw locking DLC behind limited run tchotchkes.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
You can get cores from random chests in shrines but I don't remember exactly where or when. If you're searching for specific parts remember that Guardian loot is randomized so you can just save before a fight and reload if you don't get what you want.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

seiferguy posted:

I've been through 105 shrines just normal playing, no grinding, explored most of the world but haven't really dug inside Hyrule Castle yet and going to tonight... And overall I was short about 6 ancient cores to buy and 4-Star all Ancient Armor. I just went to the Major Tests of Strength Shrines a second time and since there's like 7 of them, I got 5 Ancient Cores and a ton of Guardian poo poo to boot :toot:

Now I had just exact amount of Giant Ancient Cores which are the hardest to find, thankfully, and I had 2 Star Fragments so I had to go get another Star Fragment but otherwise max upgrading the Ancient Set has been way easier than the other sets. gently caress you Stealthfin Fish and other garbage :argh:

I presume the Ancient Armor set-bonus applies to "Guardian Spears/Swords" right? Not just the Ancient weapons you buy from Robbie?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Unmature posted:

Try taking them out to a nice dinner :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do you think Link applies some oil to the pot every time he cooks or are we expected to believe hylian pans are made of super magic Teflon

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I want to save the last shrine for the one in Hyrule Castle. Will I get the of the wild set automatically or do I have to turn it in somewhere?

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 11, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

I want to save the last shrine for the one in Hyrule Castle. Will I get the of the wild set automatically or do I have to turn it in somewhere?

You have to get it somewhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this.

Screw locking DLC behind limited run tchotchkes.

Yeah I asked about it a few times and no one replied. Then I said gently caress it and bought one, and posted about who great it was and no one replied. I don't know why though, this cheap chinese piece of poo poo is pretty awesome.