Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wasn't able to date Makoto before the hawaii trip because of all the lost days and now I'm angry!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I swear to god, game, you had better let me cheer up this cat soon or I will be so sad.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Replace candles with prostitute teacher and lottery tickets and you have all my money problems. How do I just make a bunch of money so I can continue my vices?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Wow gently caress palace 5. I hate the music, the design and the bullshit one-shot robots that heal the drat mini boss to full. Even with null physical and revive spell, all I can do is revive someone only for it to be instantaneously shot down. Even after going down to normal.

After almost 70 hours on hard, I'm about to just burn out and give up on finishing the story. :cry:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Shred your last vestiges of dignity and go down to Safe

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What the gently caress is this rank 5 charm requirement this early in Makoto's link

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Lakbay posted:

Shred your last vestiges of dignity and go down to Safe

I'm starting to think that might be a good idea...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Andrast posted:

What the gently caress is this rank 5 charm requirement this early in Makoto's link

Haru's requires rank 5 proficiency to even get rank 2.

Rank 5 charm suddenly seems less dumb at rank 5.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wasn't able to date Makoto before the hawaii trip because of all the lost days and now I'm angry!!!!

uh, wrong name. i think you're looking for Kawakami Becky.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do you need to be at an explicitly romantic point in a character's s-link to do the Hawaii date? Seems like that'd be pretty hard to do with some characters.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Haru's requires rank 5 proficiency to even get rank 2.

Rank 5 charm suddenly seems less dumb at rank 5.

I guess I'm not getting that my first playthrough cause I barely focus on proficiency at all. I use maid teacher to make lockpicks.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Harrow posted:

Do you need to be at an explicitly romantic point in a character's s-link to do the Hawaii date? Seems like that'd be pretty hard to do with some characters.

Nope. I just Hawaii-dated Makoto and I'm pretty certain I haven't crossed the romance threshold yet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
ahahaha this game rules

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Harrow posted:

I don't what determines it, but it's not that. I wasn't even at the rank to get romantic with Makoto but was with Kawakami, and I only got the option for the former.

The only thing I can figure is that each Confidant has it's own minimum rank requirement that has to be met for each event. That would explain why my only options for the school festival were Kawakami (Maxed out) and Haru (Unstarted, might even be impossible to start before then)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Nope. I just Hawaii-dated Makoto and I'm pretty certain I haven't crossed the romance threshold yet.

I did this too but I don't know if there's actually a discrete platonic version and romantic version

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mr E posted:

I guess I'm not getting that my first playthrough cause I barely focus on proficiency at all. I use maid teacher to make lockpicks.

Proficiency also gate Yusuke's link and a few others.

Scrap Dragon posted:

I don't what determines it, but it's not that. I wasn't even at the rank to get romantic with Makoto but was with Kawakami, and I only got the option for the former.

The only thing I can figure is that each Confidant has it's own minimum rank requirement that has to be met for each event. That would explain why my only options for the school festival were Kawakami (Maxed out) and Haru (Unstarted, might even be impossible to start before then)

I don't even think it can be that since I had Ann maxed in Hawaii and she wasn't an option.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tae posted:

People didn't date Yukiko before, why would they start now

Yukiko was funny when she was drunk and she's drunk 100% of the time in P5

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The best part of Hawaii is Yusuke just showing up. Plane delayed by weather? Yeah right, I bet the guy got on the wrong one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

After fixing something you can't get until around September:

TANAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

here's the only fanart you need:

this ones good but post the other genderswap art too imo

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Can you run into Haru at school way before she becomes relevant? Like how Makoto spends the first couple months in the library and asks you to stop bothering her. I gave up actually walking around town instead of quick traveling everywhere pretty drat fast.

Pigbottom posted:

Wow gently caress palace 5. I hate the music, the design and the bullshit one-shot robots that heal the drat mini boss to full.

This poo poo was rough, the way I did this (beyond just getting lucky that the robots don't do "kill everyone" move) was to catch arahabaki before the fight, he repels phys and gun so you literally can't die with him out.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

After fixing something you can't get until around September:

TANAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA

No vocals :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whoa

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Elfface posted:

The best part of Hawaii is Yusuke just showing up. Plane delayed by weather? Yeah right, I bet the guy got on the wrong one.

While I hope this would be true you can actually have a date with Hifumi, who is in the same school as Yusuke, if you have her confidant high enough by the trip so sadly his story was true

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey, swapped out two party members in Mementos Depths because I forgot about Passionate Listener and my party's been pretty set since the fifth Palace and I got it within 20 minutes.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I really dislike not being able to do things at night for weeks at a time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

I really dislike not being able to do things at night for weeks at a time.

This would be the most obvious thing to change in a hypothetical rerelease of the game in a few years and I really hope they do.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Elfface posted:

I ended up only having the option to hang with Ryuji during that and you end up running into Yusuke who bought a giant shrimp platter because he found it aesthetically pleasing and not to actually eat it. It's great because all Ryuji can do is go "oh right of course".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Harrow posted:

This would be the most obvious thing to change in a hypothetical rerelease of the game in a few years and I really hope they do.

what do you put it on

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

what do you put it on

Eh, they could just do it on PS4. That's what Persona 3 FES did, just rereleased on the same console.

Or surprise everyone and port it to PC or Switch or something, though I'm assuming Persona 5's staying Sony exclusive.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sea Sponge Run posted:

what do you put it on

PS5

Harrow posted:

Eh, they could just do it on PS4. That's what Persona 3 FES did, just rereleased on the same console.

Or surprise everyone and port it to PC or Switch or something, though I'm assuming Persona 5's staying Sony exclusive.

Why? It's not like Persona hasn't been on nintendo systems before.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I ended up only having the option to hang with Ryuji during that and you end up running into Yusuke who bought a giant shrimp platter because he found it aesthetically pleasing and not to actually eat it. It's great because all Ryuji can do is go "oh right of course".

The Ryuji/Mishima dates for Hawaii and the Culture Festival are objectively the best ones, and it's a shame that people chasing their waifus will not see them.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Aren't they making a traditional high fantasy RPG next

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Why? It's not like Persona hasn't been on nintendo systems before.

Has it? SMT sure has, but I don't think a Persona game has.

I just assumed it would be exclusive, but I actually don't know how involved Sony is with the development/marketing. There's already an SMT game announced for Switch and I'd bet they're going to use a lot of the same assets they made for Persona 5, so it'd be pretty sweet if they ported it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lakbay posted:

Aren't they making a traditional high fantasy RPG next

They have more than one dev team, yknow.

Harrow posted:

Has it? SMT sure has, but I don't think a Persona game has.

I just assumed it would be exclusive, but I actually don't know how involved Sony is with the development/marketing. There's already an SMT game announced for Switch and I'd bet they're going to use a lot of the same assets they made for Persona 5, so it'd be pretty sweet if they ported it.

Persona Q.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh right, I forgot about Persona Q.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's selling and reviewing very well, so it is nearly guaranteed to have a rerelease of this game sometime down the line.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Push El Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

Replace candles with prostitute teacher and lottery tickets and you have all my money problems. How do I just make a bunch of money so I can continue my vices?

it's gonna be ages until I can afford the psychic poo poo because yea I'm spending all my money on my ho rear end teacher and stuff like eating contests so I can bro out with mr gun man

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Supremezero posted:

They have more than one dev team, yknow.

I wanna play a fantasy RPG with Meguro music first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually a switch version would be rad if the console could handle it