Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Esoteric Scientist posted:

My [21M] girlfriend [22F] of 3 years made some really mean-spirited comments towards my advisory role at my Uncle's strip club and now I'm rethinking everything.

Holy gently caress, good luck finding a woman who is okay with this, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

quote:

I apologize, I have extreme difficulty with inherently illogical "human" constructs as everything is just so murky. As you said, I enjoy things that are concise and can even be quantified if possible.

Perhaps thats why I was drawn to math and economics in the first place, it always felt at home for me. I have been diagnosed with a mild form of Autism Spectrum Disorder in the past (previously Asperger's before the DSM change) so thats another possible explanation.

You don't say

E: A hero to OP's rescue!

quote:

Wow, all these people getting triggered... it's a business, obviously he's going to objectify the people working there. It has nothing to do with gender. How is this any different than any other job? Athletes are based off of their bodies. Office jobs are based of your intelligence. It really doesn't matter who you are as a person. It's a business to make money. The women who work at a strip club know they're getting objectified and you're getting triggered over it? Y'all need to calm down. He is not being sexist. I think most people commenting in this thread are wrong and I fully support OP.

It's a business. The women there know they're getting objectified. It's a business to make money. They know this. I don't know why people get triggered when a business is based off of looks. Would you tell a person making money off a model that they're "people too"? Honestly think that just because it's women you're getting triggered. What if this was a male strip club?

I'm honestly disgusted by the comments here. Everyone is generalizing that he does this to all women. He's objectifying women who are trying to make money off their bodies. There is nothing sexist about that.

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 13, 2017

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that guy needs to break up with that girl

then he should throw himself into the ocean and not come out

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

My [21M] girlfriend [22F] of 3 years made some really mean-spirited comments towards my advisory role at my Uncle's strip club and now I'm rethinking everything.

:lol::lol::lol: get a load of this guy

quote:

I have been diagnosed with a mild form of Autism Spectrum Disorder in the past (previously Asperger's before the DSM change) so thats another possible explanation.
NO loving poo poo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol she's dating a trading algorithm that became slightly self aware.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yeah all rich guys buy strip clubs, uh huh that's totally a rich guy thing to do.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Not that he doesn't come across as a total dweeb but it's honestly a reasonable glimpse into how businesses actually view their employees and customers so w/e. Actuaries working for health insurance companies or w/e do the same sort of poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Not that he doesn't come across as a total dweeb but it's honestly a reasonable glimpse into how businesses actually view their employees and customers so w/e. Actuaries working for health insurance companies or w/e do the same sort of poo poo.

Sure but if you're a normal person all you're going to say is "We used good business practices to increase our profits" and not sperg out about hip to waist ratio.

Anyone can put 2 and 2 together for themselves and realize that means you probably hired hotter strippers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Sure but if you're a normal person all you're going to say is "We used good business practices to increase our profits" and not sperg out about hip to waist ratio.

Anyone can put 2 and 2 together for themselves and realize that means you probably hired hotter strippers.

But how hot? I need this quantified logarithmically

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Yeah that's what makes it funny but it's almost refreshing to see the transparent honesty about how p much any sorta big business is actually ran behind the scenes.

e: like a lot of reddit comments were about how awful he was for objectifying the women and such but it's just like :capitalism:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

You'd probably make more money sperging out and going all moneyball about how much to overcharge for miller lite than you would by inventing the science of titty phrenology.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the real funny part of that post, is that she needed to hear him say all that spergy poo poo, instead of just "i run a strip club"

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Shame the trading name "hooters" is already taken :v:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

e: like a lot of reddit comments were about how awful he was for objectifying the women

Uhm it's a loving strip club

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Clark Nova posted:

You'd probably make more money sperging out and going all moneyball about how much to overcharge for miller lite than you would by inventing the science of titty phrenology.

Yeah really. You want a guy like John Taffer showing you how every which way to pinch pennies efficiently, not Ubersperg figuring out The Ultimate Stripper based on BMI. This guy thinks he's way, way smarter than he actually is

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

haha the strip club thread made it to /r/subredditdrama

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

cumshitter posted:

lol she's dating a trading algorithm that became slightly self aware.

I see no evidence of self awareness in his post.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I really doubt his stats, because the success of sex workers generally has much less to do with pure attractiveness than attitude, much like salespeople. Besides, the idea is you have a diverse array of strippers so that customers with different preferences can all find something that works for them (brunettes, curvy women, pixie cuts, etc.)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

I really doubt his stats, because the success of sex workers generally has much less to do with pure attractiveness than attitude, much like salespeople. Besides, the idea is you have a diverse array of strippers so that customers with different preferences can all find something that works for them (brunettes, curvy women, pixie cuts, etc.)

Yea if anything his research would show that guys keep coming back if the girls pretend to listen to them and care about their sad lives, so really he should be spending money and time on empathy training for the dancers.

Like, dudes will fall in love with the waitresses and bartenders at strip clubs, so clearly all this math about the "perfect stripper" is insane.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Numbers dont lie guys

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

It feels like a troll post, but at the same time Id like to see his data.

He needs a different lady friend for both their sakes.

They lost me at "optimal stripper characteristics" because it would be way easier just to figure out which girls make the most money. Fake.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

new phone who dis posted:

it would be way easier just to figure out which girls make the most money

quote:

I have been diagnosed with a mild form of Autism Spectrum Disorder in the past (previously Asperger's before the DSM change) so thats another possible explanation.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

I'm pretty sure some culture warrior is typing that out. Nobody like that has a girlfriend worried about toxic masculinity at home.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I would watch a show about John Taffer screaming at seedy strip club owners.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I would watch a show about John Taffer screaming at seedy strip club owners.

You have RAW chicken ontop of FRESH titties!!!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
This pole hasn't been scrubbed in AGES!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

Its better than having a miniature painter trapped in your closet.

They need fields to roam and play.

http://www.equinenow.com/miniaturepaint.htm

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

You have RAW chicken ontop of FRESH titties!!!

Was it Parks and Rec that had the strip club with an all you can eat buffet?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

the glitter factory i think

e: the glitter factory (?), which was the strip club in parks and rec i meant

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Buffets and meal deals are pretty common in strip clubs and are a good loss leader because once they're inside a good section of men will become spellbound by titties and spend money.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Buffets and meal deals are pretty common in strip clubs and are a good loss leader because once they're inside a good section of men will become spellbound by titties and spend money.

wow, it's almost like men are really stupid

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

There's a certain level of base cunning required to be an entire gender of morons and still somehow be running things.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

There's a certain level of base cunning required to be an entire gender of morons and still somehow be running things.

be as powerful a douche as a sponge full of lye

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

yeah, the technical term is "a greater physical capacity for violence"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

got it in one, Pick

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

yeah, the technical term is "a greater physical capacity for violence"

Humans seem to have mastered every other beast capable of more violence, maybe one day women will manage the same with men.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Geez it's not like you can't incorporate surveyed empathy into your data driven strip club design. Think outside the box a little.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Obviously you then iterate and tune your coefficients based on realized performance. Strip clubs are rife with opportunities for data analysis. :colbert:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Obviously you then iterate and tune your coefficients based on realized performance. Strip clubs are rife with opportunities for data analysis. :colbert:

*assiduously collects and catalogues every coin thrown at the ugly stripper while being unable to reflect on why it happens only to her.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Women keep dating us*, what does that say about you?

*not me personally. They still have their dignity.