Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I figured it was time I released a CD that SSR had laying around their servers back in 2012. Apparently they had games and chats and all kinds of poo poo they were trying to sell. Unfortunately, they left a copy of their CD on their unrestricted website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o0qppjhy79ondb/SSR%20Commercial%20CD.zip?dl=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
So is any of this stuff http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10460633-the-competitive-wargames-reputation worth bothering with or should I wait until I've done everything else first?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

MeatloafCat posted:

So is any of this stuff http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10460633-the-competitive-wargames-reputation worth bothering with or should I wait until I've done everything else first?
capes.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

That ground set actually sounds pretty cool.

Also lol pvp rep

AotC
May 16, 2010

Asimo posted:

The dev who created it left ages ago and nobody on the current team knows how to update it as the systems in the game change. That's the only reason it's closing down and why it never got updated. :ssh:

Naw, I actually talked with some devs a few months back about the gateway. Turns out the gateway wasn't making them any more so they decided to cut it. That being said, why they didn't add doffing/exchange poo poo to it behind the gold paywall is beyond me.

Maybe new flavor of the month lockbox ships just sell better then gold?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

MeatloafCat posted:

Run red alerts or events to get reputation, maybe do two or three of the actual queues to get elite reputation rewards, buy cape.

The whole competitive PVE thing would be cool if it just had you killing poo poo or doing basic objectives. I dunno, this whole expansion seems like a bit of a wet fart, especially since the most severe changes got rolled back.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

AotC posted:

I wouldn't be surprised, you don't actually get a lot with a subscription. It's handy when you're leveling a character and get all the free slots and respecs, but once you're max level it doesn't add anything at all.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I dunno, this whole expansion seems like a bit of a wet fart
sto.txt

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

60_sto.txt

Never forget Dyson.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

fakemirage posted:

Oh I'm pretty sure it's already in the Dental armada.

Yeah I sent the J4G an academy invite a week ago because I though it'd be funny. It wasn't so I purged them last night after I churned the contra.

Aleph Null posted:

I play ST:O. I am, in fact, a lifetime subscriber because I used to have extra money to waste.

I am not, however, a member of any Goon Fleet.

Like, what Fleet Holdings do you have? I only join Fleets to get access to Tier 6 Fleet Ships and extra trait slots anyway.

We've got maxed holdings for feds and klanks and a dead chat channel that sometimes picks up when a new rep gets released. You're not an obvious J4G so you're welcome to join either if you're inclined. Post your @handle for a channel invite, once you're in the channel you can just ask there for a fleet invite.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 13, 2017

Codex Occultus
Apr 12, 2009

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.

Asimo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised, you don't actually get a lot with a subscription. It's handy when you're leveling a character and get all the free slots and respecs, but once you're max level it doesn't add anything at all.
I'm subscribed while leveling but kept hearing about "Veteran rewards" so I figured maybe I'll subscribe for an extra month or two if you get something cool. There is nothing remotely interesting till 200 days (7 months) and that's just some costume pieces.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I sent the J4G an academy invite a week ago because I though it'd be funny. It wasn't so I purged them last night after I churned the contra.
I was thinking more of the cyst growing at the bottom of the armada.

Codex Occultus posted:

I'm subscribed while leveling but kept hearing about "Veteran rewards" so I figured maybe I'll subscribe for an extra month or two if you get something cool. There is nothing remotely interesting till 200 days (7 months) and that's just some costume pieces.
The veteran rewards are more of a thing for those who bought lifetime accounts when STO first launched as a subscription based game. It's an excuse for those who couldn't come to terms with the fact that they flushed $200 down the toilet.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
The conventional wisdom is that the only thing it's worth subbing for are the bank slots & wallet unlock, at least one of which persists after dropping your sub. People used to get mad because of the veteran titles but that well dried up years ago.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

At the moment I think a subscription gets you...

Bank slots
Account bank slots (and I think F2P has to pay to get an account bank at all?)
Character slots
Bridge officer slots
Ship slots (and maybe drydock slots now too?)
Access to certain chargen species (like fed-aligned klanks and ferengi... or does everyone get these now?)
A respec token every rank up.
1bn credit cap.

Everything except the credit cap persists once your sub runs out, and everything except the respec tokens are retroactively added if you sub with a high level character. I'm pretty sure it's well past $15 worth of zen purchases for a single character and only gets better if you have alts, but since almost all of is one-time unlocks there's just no reason to sub for more than a month.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

IPCRESS posted:

The conventional wisdom is that the only thing it's worth subbing for are the bank slots & wallet unlock, at least one of which persists after dropping your sub. People used to get mad because of the veteran titles but that well dried up years ago.

"The Magnificent" no longer has the magnetic angry tell qualities it once did. :smith:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

quote:

We've got maxed holdings for feds and klanks and a dead chat channel that sometimes picks up when a new rep gets released. You're not an obvious J4G so you're welcome to join either if you're inclined. Post your @handle for a channel invite, once you're in the channel you can just ask there for a fleet invite.

W of TF@wordeater
There might be a space in word eater
I can't remember. She's a Fed-aligned Romulan.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Aleph Null posted:

W of TF@wordeater
There might be a space in word eater
I can't remember. She's a Fed-aligned Romulan.
Looks right. I've sent you a channel invite, instructions are in the op.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

AotC posted:

Naw, I actually talked with some devs a few months back about the gateway. Turns out the gateway wasn't making them any more so they decided to cut it. That being said, why they didn't add doffing/exchange poo poo to it behind the gold paywall is beyond me.

The gateway was actually created by the Illuminati Lizardmen at ISIS HQ PWE to get me banned. This is what happens when you fight for FREEDOM and LIBERTY in STAR TREK ONLINE!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

Bank slots
Character slots
Bridge officer slots
Access to certain chargen species (like fed-aligned klanks and ferengi... or does everyone get these now?)
1bn credit cap.

Everything except the credit cap persists once your sub runs out, and everything except the respec tokens are retroactively added if you sub with a high level character. I'm pretty sure it's well past $15 worth of zen purchases for a single character and only gets better if you have alts, but since almost all of is one-time unlocks there's just no reason to sub for more than a month.

Fireworks, eventually!

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Asimo posted:

Bank slots
Character slots
Bridge officer slots
1bn credit cap.

The account bank costs $10 of zen to unlock because gently caress you give us real money or pay waaaaaaay more than it's worth.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

BombermanX posted:

The gateway was actually created by the Illuminati Lizardmen at ISIS HQ PWE to get me banned. This is what happens when you fight for FREEDOM and LIBERTY in STAR TREK ONLINE!
Was it the gateway that they used to find your Charlie Chaplin boffs? I'm pretty sure you got banned before we got any ground areas where other players could see your boffs.hangwang

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I think it was his bridge, actually.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
Can someone dig up the video where Branflakes gets snowballed when spawning in on DS9?

Also regarding the new Rep armor.. After inspecting the parts, the BOOTS are mildly cool.. but the rest is completely useless and feels like many of the other previous rep armors, except the Cape. Tis' always good to have more capes around... sadly feds gets half-capes and look pathetically stupid, Not that most can make appropriate use of it.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

I think it was his bridge, actually.

Someone reported me about 4 days after the Gateway went online. I didn't know about my ban until 8 hours into my online session. Pulled about 24hours before finally logging off.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Rahhmi posted:

Can someone dig up the video where Branflakes gets snowballed when spawning in on DS9?

A Lamer posted:

Riyott pointed out this great video (1:53:30 in) and wanted a couple of gifs, but for some reason doesn't want you all to see it. Perhaps he is the true enemy of the federation??

BombermanX posted:

Someone reported me about 4 days after the Gateway went online. I didn't know about my ban until 8 hours into my online session. Pulled about 24hours before finally logging off.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Rahhmi posted:

The gifs are on the wiki:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Aleth posted:

The gifs are on the wiki:

I just wish we still had a copy of Branflakes twitch livestream in the dyson sphere where we chased him across multiple zones and instances with fireworks and party poppers.

For anyone who missed it he ended up muting his game entirely and spent a good chunk of the livestream hiding in a full screen mostly blank stats page hoping we would go away.

We didn't.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Twenty one Butts salute

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I just wish we still had a copy of Branflakes twitch livestream in the dyson sphere where we chased him across multiple zones and instances with fireworks and party poppers.

For anyone who missed it he ended up muting his game entirely and spent a good chunk of the livestream hiding in a full screen mostly blank stats page hoping we would go away.

We didn't.

For how much poo poo we gave him, Riyott really was the best at pissing off Branflakes. I think he may have been the only one of us to ever get Bran to blatantly abuse his powers for personal reasons.

That PvP event was magical :allears:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Didn't oats get temp banned or something for politely asking branflakes for permission to host a giveaway or something?

This is after branflakes PM'd me a rule requiring Dental/NoP to go through him before organizing any events, and before he got pissed and threatened to ban me for sharing that rule with other people in Dental.

Also, Trendy, new guy isn't great please work your magic and make Nbreeki a forums mod thanks.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Wasn't that directly after we/you/however did a contest/giveaway that put his(And by extension, Perfect World) own efforts to shame? It was a year or two ago, for Christmas, I think.

You gave out ships and stuff, they did very little.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 14, 2017

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Bloodly posted:

Wasn't that directly after we/you/however did a contest/giveaway that put his(And by extension, Perfect World) own efforts to shame? It was a year or two ago, for Christmas, I think.

You gave out ships and stuff, they did very little.

You mean the giveaway advertised in the official STO newsfeed?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah that was well after cornflakes' time. It was probably a Very Wesley Christmas 2

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I started playing the PS4 version of this game. I've already got a bunch of characters at various levels on PC, but I was curious about the 23rd century Starfleet intro, so I figured I'd run through it on there and see how it is.

Man, the general jankiness of the engine stands out so much more on console. It's all poo poo that's been there the whole time, but I'm just more used to it on PC. Like, you know how when you load into an area there's that split second where you see a bunch of poo poo you're not supposed to? Like when your character renders fully before the beaming in animation starts and transparency kicks in.

For some reason, seeing that on my TV instead of my laptop seems way shittier. I guess part of it is that it's a newer product, so it would have been a good opportunity to fix things.

Also, why the hell do you still beam in and out of your bridge when you're in space? The UI is a disaster, but I expected that.

Technical boners aside, the 23rd century stuff is pretty amusing. It references so much poo poo every minute.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please
https://twitter.com/RahhmiPoofs/status/703568634224902144

GioSPL
Apr 5, 2017

Ask me about spending 10BUX to play with GOONS on a dead game!
some pubby spergs just found out giving me fleet leadership is not a good idea, was some good fun

https://pastebin.com/NARCD7j9

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GioSPL posted:

some pubby spergs just found out giving me fleet leadership is not a good idea, was some good fun

:dogout:

Do you even know what those words mean?

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

personal drama, please

GioSPL posted:

*pubbie

Also
https://twitter.com/RahhmiPoofs/status/691217450461847552

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 15, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

GioSPL posted:

What are you still doing here?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I view you as one of the success stories of people who came to SA after starting out elsewhere.

GioSPL take note: Rocking up and going "so where's my chair" isn't how this works. Try participating in wholly non game threads for like a year and see how you go with goons in general. Games are only a side thing for us so joining SA for video games is really a gently caress up of a special magnitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

I view you as one of the success stories of people who came to SA

Does not compute.

• Locked thread