Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The last time I downloaded something big on my PS4 I tunneled the traffic through my laptop and magically it downloaded at a reasonable rate

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jplafke/2017/03/31/how-to-finally-fix-slow-ps4-and-psn-download-speeds-for-real/#28883d252d4e

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

youre probably just hitting lovely psn server boxes. i remember some fauntleroy on the bombcast explaining sonys network infrastructure and why it sucks so hard compared to steam or xbox live, but i cant recall specifics

It was something like Steam and Microsoft using multiple servers all over the country to distribute downloads and Sony using only one or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Surfboard modem (upgraded for the DOSCIS 3.0 stuff) and a WRT 1200 AC :(

do you consider olive garden to be a fancy night out

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
poo poo, you're making fun of that but you should have seen the poo poo I finally upgraded from last year. Top of the line (and by that I mean 2nd cheapest in 2006) poo poo!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

poo poo, you're making fun of that but you should have seen the poo poo I finally upgraded from last year. Top of the line (and by that I mean 2nd cheapest in 2006) poo poo!

i completely understand, i was running a surfboard myself until last year

upgraded to a nighthawk and life is good bandwidth wise

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
what trips me out is mother fuckers renting modems :pwn:

edit: my grandfather in law or whatever was renting a rotary phone as recently as 2015 lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Surfboard modem (upgraded for the DOSCIS 3.0 stuff) and a WRT 1200 AC :(

Now they have DOCSIS 3.1 on modems, supposed to be capable of gigabit+ throughput.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 14, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

3D print an NES classic case, stick a Raspberry pi in it, et voila. Unless you want to be one of those super spergs using a tube television to play it "right".

Holy poo poo I like this idea.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

do you consider olive garden to be a fancy night out

depends, how many dicks did you suck today

PSN is the only thing that sucks. Everything else has fine speed. This is not old equipment.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah psn is just kinda poo poo for downloads

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yeah just keep pausing/resuming as already said

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Try this solution: PC gaming ftw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you say that but i still cant get umvc3 from steam working on my arcade cabinet

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pc gaming is nice but if i only played pc games i'd spend literally 90% of my time in front of my pc but iwth playstation 4 all in one entertainment center i can move 6ft away and not feel as depressed or ashamed

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pc gaming is nice but if i only played pc games i'd spend literally 90% of my time in front of my pc but iwth playstation 4 all in one entertainment center i can move 6ft away and not feel as depressed or ashamed

Just lol if you don't play both from the same chair

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Just lol if you don't play both from the same chair

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this is me but with a chaise lounge i got for $50 from Bobs Discount Furniture

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This but I have one of those comfy as gently caress executive reclining office chairs with the armrests and footstool

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
man i need to up my comfy officer chair game. infantry ruined my back and i'm paying for it now. seriously are those herman miller aeros as good as everyone says they are?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have some layzboy made for 500lb dudes and its awesome because i can sit cross legged, or with a pet in it an dhave plenty of space

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

i have some layzboy made for 500lb dudes and its awesome because i can sit cross legged, or with a pet in it an dhave plenty of space

That sounds like a dope chair

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

That sounds like a dope chair

its really not bad, as a skinny dude i fully recommend fat man chairs if you have pets that like to chill

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

its really not bad, as a skinny dude i fully recommend fat man chairs if you have pets that like to chill

My dog gets frustrated she can't get on my lap in my regular person chair and now I know the answer

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I used to make fun of the fact that Lewis North Fort is furnished with $500 chairs (according to the base supply catalogue anyway) but honestly they're comfortable as gently caress to sit in

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also its future proofing if you decide to go full goon

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
steal me one of those chairs i'll meet you at the back gate on north fort

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

steal me one of those chairs i'll meet you at the back gate on north fort

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Just got back from a Cobra Gold and some Korean Amphibious Assault demonstration. My wife bought me a Switch while I was gone. I went to the electronics store in town to buy Zelda since it's dual Japanese/English. This is a good Zelda game. I am not sure what else I am going to use this thing for but I'll be damned if I'm not having fun with it for now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

yeah psn is just kinda poo poo for downloads

Yeah, I figured that out a few weeks back when Rocket league was taking an hour to patch (smaller than 250 megs iirc) and Steam had downloaded the entire install for Wildlands in the same timeframe. I was going nuts for a bit, checking my cables, running speed test, etc

Then I saw an article on PSN and got mad at myself for wasting 2 hours testing this poo poo

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Try changing the MTU settings on the ps4 to help improve the speeds. The default usually cause your ps4 to go super slow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3e6a6u/increase_the_connection_speed_with_the_optimal/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The comments seem to shoot that down a bit.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Just got back from a Cobra Gold and some Korean Amphibious Assault demonstration. My wife bought me a Switch while I was gone. I went to the electronics store in town to buy Zelda since it's dual Japanese/English. This is a good Zelda game. I am not sure what else I am going to use this thing for but I'll be damned if I'm not having fun with it for now.

how much snake blood did you drink gunny? also welcome back

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Godholio posted:

The comments seem to shoot that down a bit.

it worked for me

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

how much snake blood did you drink gunny? also welcome back

I stayed with the ship since I am attached to it. I did drink a fuckton of Thai beer, switch to rum at lunch, and puke in some lovely cab trying to get back though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I stayed with the ship since I am attached to it. I did drink a fuckton of Thai beer, switch to rum at lunch, and puke in some lovely cab trying to get back though.

thats some motivating trash right there

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

thats some motivating trash right there

this is why I sometimes miss being underway
this is also why I am glad I am no longer underway

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

Fool me once...

No season pass but I didn't read into it. Looks like they're addressing a lot of the complaints. Will have couch co-op

https://m.imgur.com/a/9VMLU

Reddit thread with more info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/65ko6j/star_wars_battlefront_2_reveal_trailer/?st=J1JRVNB5&sh=bd7a1f82

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
That's... a compelling story hook not going to lie.

But yes I will be extremely skeptical.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Did anyone else get a 25% off coupon for Torment on steam? I already have the game so I can't really use it.

edit : if anyone wants the coupon lemme know

ded fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm playing the remastered Homeworld games and I find it hard to believe that I actually completed these games back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I must have been some sort of tactical tier 1 operator back then because some of these missions are brutally difficult.